Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Good news! All our dreams have come true! Good Smile made a Sam Nendoroid.

It comes with a bunch of different heads (and sunglasses) and cargo you can actually stick on his suit and back like lego pieces.

Seriously awesome. It's like 80 bucks but I don't give a drat I'm getting one.

edit: There is also a standard version that only comes with the heads and hand-accessories for about 2/3 of the price if you're not interested in all the gubbins.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Feb 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Wellp. Absolutely getting that. I love that you can put a bunch of cargo on him too

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Haha wow, the thing about Sam getting better with the harmonica the more you play with it isn't bullshit, it's totally true. Eventually he can play the entire BB theme if you sit down and puff on it every now and then. If you leave it equipped while you're just running around he'll play it sometimes too.

edit: If you play it in front of the friendly porter NPCs they'll clap and laugh and give you likes :3:

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

I'm surprised the nendo doesn't have an otter hood accessory.

minya
Sep 7, 2004

SUN RA WAS HERE IN HIS ELEMENT
he invited me back for a ride
Is there any real purpose to delivering the pizzas to Peter Englert? I just did the mission from South Knot all the way up on foot, which was like 10 km altogether and took me like 35 minutes. It was a fun challenge, but got me almost no stars. How do I level him up?

Also, how do I connect The Novelist's Son? I found his little hovel and I want to connect him to the network so I can get some assistance building the road to Mountain Knot.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You need to deliver all of Peter Englert's pizzas to get him to five stars, but like a lot of standard orders they're gated by plot events so you can't do the last one(s) till the game decides it's time. The Novelist's Son is a pain in the rear end to recruit, there should be some lost cargo for him somewhere in the bigass marsh outside his house. After delivering a few of those he'll have some retrieval standard orders you can take on for a lot of likes. Remember to rest in a private room/read the email after each prepper delivery, delivering stuff to them won't get you any more stars until you do.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
What you get from delivering all of the pizzas is definitely worth it. I highly recommend a zipline system for some of them though.

minya
Sep 7, 2004

I just got to Chapter 9, I think. I sat through all those Heartman cutscenes. Am I in the right spot to continue doing pizza missions?

night slime
May 14, 2014
After making all the deliveries, the pizza guy has 9999 of every material for you to take, so that's one thing. It will be a while before you get the last though.

I would buy a Sam doll if you could press a button to make him shout mine's heavier. Put him in different modes, sad, confrontational, tired, arriving at his job.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

minya posted:

Is there any real purpose to delivering the pizzas to Peter Englert? I just did the mission from South Knot all the way up on foot, which was like 10 km altogether and took me like 35 minutes. It was a fun challenge, but got me almost no stars. How do I level him up?

I believe his progress is hard-locked behind story progress, but once you are in the postgamehe gives you access to the Chiral weapon upgrades that do massive damage to BTs at the cost of crystals. As well as the 9999 of every material upon his 5-star.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

J.A.B.C. posted:

I believe his progress is hard-locked behind story progress, but once you are in the postgamehe gives you access to the Chiral weapon upgrades that do massive damage to BTs at the cost of crystals. As well as the 9999 of every material upon his 5-star.

No you get those well before the postgame.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

RatHat posted:

No you get those well before the postgame.
You need to deliver the final pizza in auroraborealisland before getting to the anomaly in Lake Knot though, that's not a priority for most people

30 minutes or less, no matter what.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

(chapter 6 spoilers) Jeez, I never noticed until editing my playthrough footage just how sad Sam looks when you deliver stuff after you have to give up BB for a while. Poor guy.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Feb 7, 2020

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

so i had a bit of a break to do stuff and got back into this recently, i am futzing around in chapter 6 and uhhhhh i got a like from a BT. i wasnt fast enough to get a screenshot of it because i was so confused, but what happened is i was sneaking up toward the robotocists place while BTs were about, i managed to cut the cord of one of them and after i took a drink because i had been sneaking up the mountain holding my breath. apparently a BT is a fan of monster energy and it gave me a like. i dont know if it was the BT i had just murdered as it was disintegrating away, but i really like to think it was that one i just killed. 'you dick! oh wow you drink monster? thats sick. here's a like dude.' also the all terrain suit with the stabilizer upgrade makes the mountains like so trivial compared to before that

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Cutting the cord is what got you the like. The BT doesn't die when you cut the cord, it's the "non lethal" option. BTs don't like being trapped in the mortal world, you're severing the connection and sending them back home. :shobon:

edit: But they are also likely fans of monster energy as well, considering it is mana from heaven when Sam drinks it

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

This game is something else to play through while you have an infant.

Little bit annoying, quite a bit moving, and a whole lot of ‘dear god is the controller crying oh no’

CaptainSkinny
Apr 22, 2011

You get it?
No.

The lesson I learned is that if a baby cries you should shake it as fast as you can to quiet it down again. That doesn't seem right to me though.

Aphelion Necrology
Jul 17, 2005

Take care of the dead and the dead will take care of you

CaptainSkinny posted:

The lesson I learned is that if a baby cries you should shake it as fast as you can to quiet it down again. That doesn't seem right to me though.

When I shake BB too hard the pod will start making a warning noise and doesn't seem very happy - maybe I need to shake HARDER

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

This is the first game I've platted on PlayStation. Pretty incredible experience the whole way through

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

CJacobs posted:

Good news! All our dreams have come true! Good Smile made a Sam Nendoroid.

It comes with a bunch of different heads (and sunglasses) and cargo you can actually stick on his suit and back like lego pieces.

Seriously awesome. It's like 80 bucks but I don't give a drat I'm getting one.

edit: There is also a standard version that only comes with the heads and hand-accessories for about 2/3 of the price if you're not interested in all the gubbins.

Just got done with Wonderfest; in addition to this there is a Sam figma and giant Sam and Cliff figures on the way. Pix probably when I get back home Monday night.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Midjack posted:

Just got done with Wonderfest; in addition to this there is a Sam figma and giant Sam and Cliff figures on the way. Pix probably when I get back home Monday night.

https://www.prime1studio.co.jp/ds-sam-porter-bridges-hdmmds-01.html

nearly $2,800

:chanpop:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

That’s him. Cliff is the same size. They also teased a Cliff figma but don’t have a prototype yet.

minya
Sep 7, 2004

Novelists Son is driving me insane. I cannot find his lost cargo anywhere. It’s making the road to Mountain Knot prohibitively difficult to build.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Jenny Agutter posted:

This is the first game I've platted on PlayStation. Pretty incredible experience the whole way through

Mine was MGSV and I have no words to describe why I insisted that yes, I will capture that rare tortoise that has like 1/100 chance of spawning in your cage.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Don't you just have do a couple of missions for him (might even be one), then rest at the Distro nearby to trigger the next Novelist's Son email? That's what I ended up doing and it seemed to work.

eonblue174
Sep 13, 2011

Still chipping away at the Anthem killer

Chop, chop, chop

minya posted:

Novelists Son is driving me insane. I cannot find his lost cargo anywhere. It’s making the road to Mountain Knot prohibitively difficult to build.

Check his terminal, he has an order for you (yes even though you haven't delivered yet). Grab a sticky gun

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

minya posted:

Truck supplies in from Lake and South.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I find lost cargo for the novelist's son regularly right outside (and I mean right outside) the distro center, head straight toward the terrorist zone and it should be sitting on a little bank next to a tiny pond. Cargo for him can also spawn next to the big river leading to Mountain Knot, near a crashed online-player bike that seems to be a permanent spawn. I've seen it in every stream I've watched of the game and my own two playthroughs, even if it says a different player's name.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Feb 9, 2020

minya
Sep 7, 2004

CJacobs posted:

I find lost cargo for the novelist's son regularly right outside (and I mean right outside) the distro center, head straight toward the terrorist zone and it should be sitting on a little bank next to a tiny pond. Cargo for him can also spawn next to the big river leading to Mountain Knot, near a crashed online-player bike that seems to be a permanent spawn. I've seen it in every stream I've watched of the game and my own two playthroughs, even if it says a different player's name.

Hmm, OK, cool that’s good to know. I’ll do some more digging around these specific areas.

I’ve definitely checked his terminal, and it’s totally blank. No orders, no nothing, so I’m guessing I need to find some lost cargo before he will even talk to me.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Not gonna lie, I would drop cash for both the LUDENS Frame Arms Girl and Nenderoid. I like the Shinkawa-Mech look, what can I say?

Aphelion Necrology
Jul 17, 2005

Got Platinum today, then snuck over the invisible wall and built a retirement cottage by the crater of Central Knot.

You can see Capital Knot and the Incinerator in the background.

I say retirement but honestly now I want to try to get all 500 Legend of Legend ranks.

night slime
May 14, 2014
Pee glitch?

I was going for 500 too but man some of them are hard. I think I was like 450 or 460 ish? There's one from the doctor where you gotta take like 500kg of poo poo to the mountaineer with a time limit. gently caress that.

Aphelion Necrology
Jul 17, 2005

night slime posted:

Pee glitch?

I was going for 500 too but man some of them are hard. I think I was like 450 or 460 ish? There's one from the doctor where you gotta take like 500kg of poo poo to the mountaineer with a time limit. gently caress that.

I used a climbing anchor glitch.

Ah, order #323. I still haven't done that one yet but have seen 2 videos of it done successfully - one cleared out the BTs in the graveyard area beforehand and then ran a truck up the slope and used floating carriers for the last leg of it. The other one said gently caress BTs entirely and just trucked a big circle up through the mountains north and then west.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
is there a way to preview how many containers of cargo are in an order? pretty often I’ll be making a run somewhere and doing deliveries along the way, picking up more as I go- and I’ll see an order that on the preview screen is like 30kg so I say “I can carry that weight” but what I can’t carry is the 30 1kg boxes it’s divided into, so then I have to back out of the order and waste a bunch of time

does it say how many packages there are in an order somewhere on the crowded ui?

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
Yes, select the order and hit right bumper to see what you're moving. It also shows up at the bottom right when you have the order highlighted. (I missed this for the longest time cause this part of the screen is covered when someone talks to you on picking up the order)

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Bonaventure posted:

is there a way to preview how many containers of cargo are in an order? pretty often I’ll be making a run somewhere and doing deliveries along the way, picking up more as I go- and I’ll see an order that on the preview screen is like 30kg so I say “I can carry that weight” but what I can’t carry is the 30 1kg boxes it’s divided into, so then I have to back out of the order and waste a bunch of time

does it say how many packages there are in an order somewhere on the crowded ui?

It's in the very bottom right, hovering over an order or selecting it will show you how many of each box you'll be carrying.

The number beside each box size is how many of it you're currently carrying and the ( + x ) is how many the order is adding. If the number turns red it means it's either too heavy or physically too much for Sam to carry on his back/limbs and you'll need a carrier.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

CJacobs posted:

It's in the very bottom right, hovering over an order or selecting it will show you how many of each box you'll be carrying.

The left number is how many of that box size you're currently carrying and the ( + x ) is how many the order is adding.

Thanks! 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

Whoever said you need to set aside a day for the ending wasn’t kidding. Now time to plat this thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Throne of Bhalz
Dec 11, 2003

Just picked this up on sale. Friends were either hot or cold on it. I thought I'd enjoy it, and I was right.

Only thing is - I'm not sure how many folks are still playing. I've put down a ton of structures, and zero likes midway through chapter 2. Guess I'll just put down more. Or suck less. Maybe both.