Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
If Sasha doesn't get to live then no one does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Time to tick off the predictable character beats

[x] Major cast comes together in order to stop Eren
[ ] Mikasa and Eren have a final emotional moment
[ ] Armin finally does something useful with his powers
[ ] Reiner finds some sort of redemption
[ ] Gabi learns the greatest lesson of Not Everyone is Bad (This one is kind of done already?)
[ ] Zeke realizes mass impotency magic was perhaps going too far
[ ] Levi does something extremely badass despite being crippled

What else am I missing?

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
You're missing Armin and Annie becoming a thing.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

PringleCreamEgg posted:

If Sasha doesn't get to live then no one does.

She lives on in Annie and Gabi

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Thoren posted:

Time to tick off the predictable character beats

[x] Major cast comes together in order to stop Eren
[ ] Mikasa and Eren have a final emotional moment
[ ] Armin finally does something useful with his powers
[ ] Reiner finds some sort of redemption
[ ] Gabi learns the greatest lesson of Not Everyone is Bad (This one is kind of done already?)
[ ] Zeke realizes mass impotency magic was perhaps going too far

What else am I missing?

These sound...good, though?

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

TheHan posted:

These sound...good, though?

Right? Like, who's not waiting for

Thoren posted:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Levi is going to survive and go into business with Jean making pants.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I absolutely love that Jean started out as an entitled bully character, but has since become the least-lovely person in the entire cast.

Joke Miriam
Nov 17, 2019

I want the alternate version of this finale arc where Armin is just replaced by Mrs. Springer/Colossal Mom

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

She's gonna eat Zeke. Karmic justice.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

Beefstew posted:

She's gonna eat Zeke. Karmic justice.

Killing Zeke and saving a life in one go? Yes please

Raxivace posted:

Levi is going to survive and go into business with Jean making pants.

This but instead Levi opens a shop for tea and tea accessories

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

zeke is gonna be full :negative: and levi cant kill him anymore b/c he's already been defeated

then levi goes psyke and kills him anyways

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

Levi and Connie are gonna drag his rear end to Mrs. Springer. Everything works out for everybody and Zeke gets to die like a bitch.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

All I want from the inevitable final showdown between Levi and Zeke is for Hiroyuki Sawano to pop the limiters and go all out with the soundtrack.

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012
I want to see Armin finally GET HUGE!

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

redsniper posted:

Eren eats Armin, but before he's digested, Armin becomes large and destroys Eren.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

redsniper posted:

Armin got huge all over that Marley port and he immediately regretted it.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

AradoBalanga posted:

All I want from the inevitable final showdown between Levi and Zeke is for Hiroyuki Sawano to pop the limiters and go all out with the soundtrack.

I can only assume the soundtrack for the final season is going to be :krad: as hell.

Schubalts posted:

Armin got huge all over that Marley port and he immediately regretted it.

He also got huge back when Marley tried to crash up on Paradis's shores. I think when Yelena turned on everyone? He thought it was fun then at least. :smith: Less so at Marley. No one was having a good time there

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Faustian Bargain posted:

Eren eats Armin, but before he's digested, Armin becomes large and destroys Eren.

Why doesn't Armin just fly inside erens Titan anus and then expand??

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Vincent Valentine posted:

I may be forgetting details, but I think that Titans do not have buttholes, thus rendering such an idea moot.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

AradoBalanga posted:

I may be forgetting details, but I think that Titans do not have buttholes, thus rendering such an idea moot.

Correct. Titan's have no actual digestive system. Their stomach is basically just a sac filled with slime and the people they eat. When their stomachs get full, they vomit up the corpses.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I hate this

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games

Vincent Valentine posted:

Fool. Eren’s new rear end in a top hat would engulf even Colossal Armin. FOOL.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
What if Eren used the Attack Titan to go back in time and ensure the titans wouldn't have buttholes Armin could use to explode him from the inside out.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Grimwall posted:

I quite liked it, and the author has amassed a huge credit until now so I'll just wait and see how all of this will be resolved.

Annie reunion was excellent, what are you talking about?

She should have been eating a potato

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012
Oh yeah I forgot about colossal Armin at Marley. I though all we had was the imagined panel of him wrecking ships at Paradis.

Well I want to see him get HUGE again!

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
New chapter is out on dex.

Turns out saving the world is kinda hard!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Cart Titan uses her endurance to deliver the biggest burns.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Ah there's the conversations and tension that was missing from last month's chapter. Excellent stuff.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Probability of Floch biting it rising steadily. I can't wait for the next chapter.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Aumanor posted:

Probability of Floch biting it rising steadily. I can't wait for the next chapter.

That harbor is gonna be a Red Tea Party.

Magnificent.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

i starting to think this manga is really good

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

This seemed like more of a return to form after last chapter. Hopefully this will calm people down.
I still want Armin and Annie to get some one on one time, though.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I legitimately can't wait to see this animated. it's almost an entire chapter of just sitting and talking, and I really, really hope they use every last cent to enunciate every ounce of drama and tension in this entire scene. it's so good

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Very excited to see that rear end in a top hat punk Floch get socked in the face

Also even if he can't fight (yet), I'm glad Levi's around to complain people are being too noisy. :3:

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

In It For The Tank posted:

Ah there's the conversations and tension that was missing from last month's chapter. Excellent stuff.

:same:

Loved it. And next month he'll breaks lose again

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Whelp, there's the "Truth Is In The Middle, We're All Bad" into "Hey, we're not so different, so yeah lets work together!"-beat so this is all tracking more or less how I expected. Equating things that happened in the distant past generations ago to the very current genocide on the island, and also to the lashing out against those genociding by those being actively genocided. Totally the same thing.

I still dearly hope this doesn't end with "Now that we've stopped Eren, we're friends, so lets call it a draw on the whole genocide thing and let bygones be bygones. Also our (Marleyan) culpability will never be brought up going forwards." but wow if it doesn't feel like that's where it's going. Who knows, maybe it'll swerve from a facile ending like that. That'd be nice.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
I feel like Hange torpedo'd the "and then everything was okay forever" ending by acknowleding that stopping Eren buys Paradis maybe a few years of peace before the world exterminates them. Same thing with Annie pointing out that talking Eren down is not going to happen if he was willing to commit genocide in the first place.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
yeah I'm not sure how you see this as an "and everyone lived happily ever after" path when they're outright saying nobody involved is going to just accept it and stop, on either side

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Captain Invictus posted:

yeah I'm not sure how you see this as an "and everyone lived happily ever after" path when they're outright saying nobody involved is going to just accept it and stop, on either side

I see it as a possibility, that's all, one I really hope doesn't happen. Mostly because I have a hard time believing this manga will end on an open-ended "but the world refused to change" beat. The shift since the Marley collaborators/camp-kapos got PoV status seems like set up for it to me. :shrug: If I'm wrong on this, great, like really really great. I'll be 100% on board for anything but that.