Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

really hatea the south

zakharov posted:

And loved Iowa, and was a frequent poster in the Unpopular Opinion thread.

TO BILL BRASKY!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Lmao holy poo poo

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Gross

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Says the swap.avi exchanger.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I don't remember the "Hot Underage Females You Would Like to Sex" thread. Seems like a bad thread.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Never has the "Don't go there" been more appropriate.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Solice Kirsk posted:

I don't remember the "Hot Underage Females You Would Like to Sex" thread. Seems like a bad thread.

This would be an excellent post-in-to-be-banned thread.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I expected the "political leanings" he was talking about to be chuddery, considering that screencap, but apparently he meant having gender neutral bathrooms in his studio and a bunch of visible minorities in the game's cast of characters made him look like a "woke bro" to legions of angry gamers?

I don't even know what to say other than good effort on not being a standard gamer, too bad for him what you post on SA in the early 2000s stays around forever.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Kazinsal posted:

I expected the "political leanings" he was talking about to be chuddery, considering that screencap, but apparently he meant having gender neutral bathrooms in his studio and a bunch of visible minorities in the game's cast of characters made him look like a "woke bro" to legions of angry gamers?

I don't even know what to say other than good effort on not being a standard gamer, too bad for him what you post on SA in the early 2000s stays around forever.

From what I've heard, there wasn't really any backlash; the game was just a wet fart and he's trying to spin its failure as being political.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I was trying to find that screencap a few months ago. Thank you

Some of the Sheep
May 25, 2005
POSSIBLY IT WOULD BE SIMPLER IF I ASKED FOR A LIST OF THE HARMLESS CREATURES OF THE AFORESAID CONTINENT?

Len posted:

I was trying to find that screencap a few months ago. Thank you

Don't know the first thing about LawBreakers, so I'm just going to assume it regards the contents of his post.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Some of the Sheep posted:

Don't know the first thing about LawBreakers, so I'm just going to assume it regards the contents of his post.

Yeah. It was about CliffyB and being a creeper but I couldn't find this post at the time

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

He must have enormous restraint in refraining from posting about Iowa or the South to avoid getting spotted

That and creeping on women in PMs.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Imagine being banned from a site but continually trying to slink back in like a communist

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

oldpainless posted:

Imagine being banned from a site but continually trying to slink back in like a communist

[cut to montage of trying to sneak back into the site but being stymied by repeated variations of the same username joke]

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

BRB, gonna go register youngblissful.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Not sure why this surprised me but it didn't take that long for pedo's to "well actually" me

https://twitter.com/KillaJones9/status/1225670073781649408

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Solice Kirsk posted:

BRB, gonna go register youngblissful.

more like youngfullapiss

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

he was too young to know what he was saying when he was saying people a decade younger than him knew enough to know what they're doing.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Ghostlight posted:

he was too young to know what he was saying when he was saying people a decade younger than him knew enough to know what they're doing.

Going to steal that for if the pedo bothers to reply.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

My face when I read that tweet/post combo

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Some of the Sheep posted:

This is a pretty good examination of the failure of the game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDfXQodsDfk

For some reason I thought this was a Matt McMuscles video.

I know Bob Mackey of Talking Simpsons/Retronauts is a goon and so is Matthew J but there has too be other podcasters/youtubers who are/were goons. Hell Rebecca Sugar was on SA ages ago, even won a art contest here. I just hear a lot of goon humor in a lot of stuff, its possible that goon humor is sort of where the non chud humor online spawns from?

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Completely unrelated to everything ever, but it needs to be enshrined here: I thought it was lost forever, but lookie what I found...

Awful Fantasy III, the 2003 FF3/6 romhack chronicling early SA Forums history (backed up on Mediafire by Rutibex, their post about it)

Modified version with gameplay improvements (saved from Geocities by Oocities, page with info and guide to beating Fragmaster here)

Original SA article with origins and info (see how it looked back in the day here)

Let's Play by Road, archived on LP Archive

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

BiggerJ posted:

see how it looked back in the day here

quote:

Q: I got the spell "TCC". What does it do?
A: The Crackhead Clubhouse. Try it, its quite fun. It might look like its bugging out, but trust me, its not.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.
TCC teleports you to the hospital.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Captain Hygiene posted:

I made that one :awesomelon: (from the idea of another poster, sweet thursday I believe)
Best money I've ever spent

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

hallelujah posted:

to get the thread back on track, can anybody tell me what was the instigation for twisty being interrogated by the fbi

What happened is he posted something then realized it was a bad idea and edited the post, but someone else had quoted it to reply with a picture of goatse. I don't remember what he posted, but it might've been either something he quoted from somewhere else or some image he got elsewhere? Anyway, the FBI or secret service showed up at his door with the quoted image and and the goatse pic demanding answers and they wouldn't leave until twisty started crying.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I don’t pay attention to drama on this site, and rarely post. But what happened to radium?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

BiggerJ posted:

Completely unrelated to everything ever, but it needs to be enshrined here: I thought it was lost forever, but lookie what I found...

Awful Fantasy III, the 2003 FF3/6 romhack chronicling early SA Forums history (backed up on Mediafire by Rutibex, their post about it)

Modified version with gameplay improvements (saved from Geocities by Oocities, page with info and guide to beating Fragmaster here)

Original SA article with origins and info (see how it looked back in the day here)

Let's Play by Road, archived on LP Archive

I've got a long weekend, my lady friend is out of town, and I have two big bags of gummies and several bottles of whiskey. Looks like I just got my plans in order!

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Tall Tale Teller posted:

I don’t pay attention to drama on this site, and rarely post. But what happened to radium?

Tragically driven insane by his own code, he attempted to, and succeeded, become one with the SA codebase, and now is trapped forever in a kind of javascript hell, his only way of interacting with the outside world is by banning posters using forbidden tags.

No-one can understand him, and no-one dares, but legend has it that each coder who is exposed to his spaghetti code takes away a little of radium after being driven mad by the experience, only to infect other webservers, ring virus style.

When he has spread enough, rumour has it that that will rise again using the whole internet to break reality via poor coding practices and reboot the universe, in a new age - the Age of Radium. Tremble, mortals, for ye know not what terrors will accompany him.

Or lowtax fired him for not actually doing anything, and being a complete jerk while doing so.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

tight aspirations posted:

Or lowtax fired him for not actually doing anything, and being a complete jerk while doing so.

I remember Lowtax saying that radium kept saying not to contact him on x channel repeatedly until there was basically no means left he'd actually accept being contacted on.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
There were some pretty funny chat logs that were like

Lowtax: hey man did you manage to look at X forum issue?

Radium: heeyyyyyyyooo im so drunk right now

ad infinitum

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Inceltown posted:

Says the swap.avi exchanger.

.....what? I wasn't even lurking when that got made.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Tall Tale Teller posted:

He went insane from php exposure and started closing off methods of communication to prevent being distracted by pesky disturbances such as his boss wanting to know what he was actually working on.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3766598

Lowtax posted:

Conversation with radiumsa at 10/10/2011 12:13:25 PM on SAAssLowtax (aim)
(12:13:30) SAAssLowtax: so what is the ETA now?
(12:14:37) Radium: ETA just makes you mad, I can't put a date on things because things change as I work on it
(12:15:15) SAAssLowtax: they make me mad when you say something definitively will happen on one day and it does not
(12:15:58) SAAssLowtax: I'd just like to know what is going on and if anything will be ready either this week, month, year, etc
(12:16:30) Radium: I've been telling you what I'm working on
(12:17:17) Radium: right now, I could finish it tomorrow, but things keep coming up that I have to do and test, etc, so I can't promise it
(12:18:09) SAAssLowtax: yeah I got one email Wednesday explaining things, then one on Thursday that said nothing, then one yesterday saying you're still working on SASBI
(12:20:22) Radium: yeah... not sure what you want then
(12:21:08) Radium: you want like a daily report type email?
(12:21:33) SAAssLowtax: nevermind
(12:21:39) Radium: wait, I'll call you in a minute, this is retarded
(12:21:46) SAAssLowtax: I don't have my phone with me
(12:22:02) Radium: poo poo
(12:22:03) SAAssLowtax: we've had this conversation a million times and it has never resolved anything
(12:23:19) Radium: I've been telling you what I'm working on, if you want something different just tell me
(12:23:32) Radium: I can send details, I just didn't think you were big on micromanaging
(12:24:49) SAAssLowtax: I don't want to manage poo poo, I just want to know what is going on.. For example, you said before you'd have it up and running on the dev server this weekend. Then nothing happen. Since you broke the date you initially intended to make, I would like to be kept in the daily loop explaining what is happening.

Lowtax posted:

(9:14 AM) Lowtax: what changed with the forums yesterday?
(9:14 AM) Radium: a bunch of stuff, why what happened oh god
(9:16 AM) Lowtax: nothing, I just had no idea anything was going to happen until I read the notice on the forums, so everybody was asking me what was going on (including Frags), and I had no idea
(9:16 AM) Radium: I told you I was going to be working on the database
(9:17 AM) Lowtax: when?
(9:17 AM) Radium: not sure, I told you I was going to be putting stuff in and had to restart but the downtime wouldnt be long
(9:17 AM) Radium: whats the problem, I dont get it
(9:18 AM) Lowtax: there's no problem, I was just saying people were asking me what was going on and I had no idea
(9:18 AM) Radium: there was a message right at the top of the forums that explained I was gonna be making database tweaks to improve performance, haha
(9:19 AM) Lowtax: yes I read the message, the people read the message because that's what they were asking me about
(9:19 AM) Lowtax: nevermind, forget it
(9:19 AM) Radium: I dont understand
(9:20 AM) Lowtax: just forget it, it's not a big deal
(9:20 AM) Radium: well you get mad everytime I work on stuff so what would you rather me do? :P
(9:21 AM) Lowtax: you honestly think I get mad when you work on stuff?
(9:21 AM) Radium: it seems like it, I have an icq plugin that detects anger and that thing is off the hook right now
(9:22 AM) Radium: what the hell... my icq history is blank
(9:24 AM) Radium: do you want me to start posting threads before I do stuff like that? I just do the system message thing because I figure its more anonymous and everyone will see it
(9:25 AM) Lowtax: That would probably prevent people from messaging me and asking questions I can't answer. If you could post a short thread in QCS or something and link to it from the announcement, I think people would read and appreciate it
(9:27 AM) Radium: ok
(9:27 AM) Radium: people PM you or what?
(9:28 AM) Lowtax: yeah, other mods and admins, just asking what's going on and how long it will take etc etc
(9:28 AM) Radium: haha, that really is confusing to me why they would do that when there's a message at the top of the forums answering that question
(9:29 AM) Radium: tell them read the message
(9:29 AM) Radium: "The forums will be closing soon for maintenance. We will be making several changes to the database server that should make it faster. The downtime should be brief. Maintenance is over when this message goes away."
(9:29 AM) Radium: also, do you find it is slower/faster?
(9:30 AM) Radium: and sorry Im hyper - I just drank a pot of coffee
(9:31 AM) Lowtax: you seem to be forgetting that people pretty much live on the forums, so that message to them is like coming home and seeing a sign that says "HOUSE CLOSED, COME BACK IN A SEC" and then they wonder what was changed in their house
(9:32 AM) Lowtax: I think it seems faster
(9:32 AM) Radium: see, Id love to just keep a blog about maintenance, but the reason I dont is when you list specifics it generates criticism and Ive been doing so great avoiding that :P
(9:32 AM) Radium: Im 5000X happier since I stopped posting
(9:33 AM) Lowtax: who cares about criticism, as long as you post anonymous and don't confront or address the people trying to troll, it's not a big deal
(9:34 AM) Radium: eh, its all going well so I dont wanna demolish my new ivory tower

Lowtax posted:

(22:01:05) SAAssLowtax: did you tell Andrew that the redesign is done and has been up for four days and I obviously didn't like it or something?
(22:01:13) Radium: yeah, sent two links on new years day, and on Wednesday again... right now I have it down again to update previews and import the old frontpage images for all the articles
(22:01:36) Radium: I can put the cms part of it back up now though if you want to see it
(22:01:58) SAAssLowtax: well if it's not done then don't bother
(22:02:48) SAAssLowtax: how did you send the links? I went through my AIM logs, email, and SMS logs and never got anything
(22:03:11) Radium: on aim both times
(22:03:38) Radium: I've been sending messages all week though, just figured you were still ultra pissed off and ignoring me
(22:03:56) SAAssLowtax: okay well I guess it's another case of your AIM mysteriously not working correctly, since I've gotten no messages from you between 1/6 and 12/30
(22:03:58) Radium: I'm just going to stop using IM
(22:04:05) SAAssLowtax: might as well
(22:04:07) Radium: yeah, gently caress it
(22:06:42) SAAssLowtax: and I've never been "ignoring" you, I'm not sure why exactly you would think I would ignore the one thing I've been waiting to see completed for months
(22:07:04) Radium: I don't know what the hell is going on to tell you the truth
(22:07:31) SAAssLowtax: welcome to my world then
(22:07:38) Radium: I'm afraid to even say anything, have no idea if I should be working on what I thought I was supposed to work on, or just rush this out the door
(22:07:56) SAAssLowtax: "rush"?
(22:07:59) Radium: what does that even mean? I've been telling you I'll do whatever you want
(22:09:33) Radium: its driving me nuts, I'm strapped to the computer working pretty much all the time, and you act like I don't do anything because I'm not on aim
(22:10:00) SAAssLowtax: yes, and I don't know what the hell is going on with it, it's been almost finished "for days" for weeks and months now, it's been the only thing I've been asking you to do.
(22:10:50) Radium: I told you if you just want the redesign done I can just get it out of the way and not finish the new sasbi
(22:11:30) Radium: but I can't do all this new stuff on the old code... we don't have the hardware for it, there's no database server for the frontpage
(22:12:47) SAAssLowtax: but the redesign and sasbi are linked, and one in the same. and I've told you numerous times to tell me if there's something we absolutely have to buy, and I'll get it
(22:15:06) Radium: redesign is easy, just updating templates... already did the html/css crap
(22:17:38) Radium: this whole thing is silly
(22:17:50) SAAssLowtax: how is it silly?
(22:19:46) Radium: I'm working as much as humanly possible, if you want something done differently just let me know. Ever since around when kevin left I'm just not sure how to handle anything
(22:21:56) Radium: I'm constantly walking on eggshells trying to guess if what I'm doing is going to make you mad or not, I'm doing it now
(22:21:59) SAAssLowtax: Ken, think about it. What have been the two things I've been asking for for years now?
1) estimation of dates. Any coder anywhere has deadlines / estimated times of project dates. You can't give me them.
2) updates on what's going on. Any coder anywhere regularly tells the person who pays them what's going on. You say it's a waste of time and can't regularly give me them
(22:23:41) SAAssLowtax: and none of these are new issues, I brought them to your attention even pre-Kevin
(22:23:55) Radium: If you really want accurate estimations, I need detailed project plans like you'd have to provide any contractor, and I would need not to have to maintain 19 servers, multiple pieces of software, handle support mail, etc
(22:25:44) Radium: all of that stuff takes a decent amount of time, and I can't plan for it... like Thursday I worked from 7:30am till 5:30pm, got back on at 8pm and was up until after 7am
(22:27:22) Radium: and then I woke up after like 4-5 hours because I'm scared you're messaging me and getting pissed because I'm not replying instantly
(22:28:49) Radium: its like ever since things got stabilized and the constant parade of crises stopped, you think I'm not working because there is no crisis to see be resolved
(22:29:42) SAAssLowtax: are you seeing any of this from my point of view? are you even trying to understand why these are issues to me? you're absolutely delusional if you think the issue here is "I don't believe you are spending time working." When have I ever, ever, ever, EVER said that?
(22:33:29) Radium: yeah I see your point of view, but I swear as much as I would like to, I can't provide dates for these big projects. I'm not trying to piss you off or anything
(22:34:48) SAAssLowtax: listen, I don't want dates set in stone, I would never say "X needs to be done on Y or else you're fired." I understand poo poo comes up and delays stuff, that's life. But I would like to know what poo poo is coming up, how much it is delaying things, and basically what is going on. Same thing I've been saying for years now.
(22:36:53) SAAssLowtax: like for instance, you telling me now SASBI isn't done. Well I always assumed that was part of the redesign, which has been days away from completion for half a year now. Now I have absolutely no idea how much of that needs to be finished or how long that will take, or when the redesign will truly be done. No clue.
(22:39:08) Radium: I didn't tell you its not done, I took it down to redo previews and convert old article fields so I can remove it from the live database when it launches
(22:40:05) Radium: really, we just need to break things down into way smaller projects and I don't think any of this would be an issue
(22:40:56) SAAssLowtax: okay well I guess we have different opinions on the word "done," because I assumed it meant "completed and ready for testing," not "incomplete because previews need to be redone and old article fields need to be converted"

Lowtax posted:

Also he works for the US Government now.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

VanSandman posted:

.....what? I wasn't even lurking when that got made.

Your redtext. Which is just a random SA History one I dropped on you like a year ago since you didn’t have an av, along with “Tubgirl Enthusiast” on EL BROMANCE, and “Mangosteen Chugger” on Snow Cone Capone.

E:I put “Lemonparty participant” on somebody but gently caress if I can remember who.

Ugly In The Morning fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Feb 7, 2020

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
If you go into the SA server room and listen very closely you might hear radium's voice in the hum of all the electronics.

"handwich" it says

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Swap.avi really is one of the bigger sagas the forum has ever had. Sometimes when you stare into the puke filled butthole, the puke filled butthole stares into you.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Solice Kirsk posted:

Swap.avi really is one of the bigger sagas the forum has ever had. Sometimes when you stare into the puke filled butthole, the puke filled butthole stares into you.

Ah, if only someone had found a way to work a glass eye into the script.

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

ad infinitum

handwich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

ad infinitum

Not to start Lowtax chat but either he just has the most terrible luck when hiring people to manage or do things for the website, or hes a delicate soul who constantly overlooks terrible human beings doing terrible things and gives them chance after chance to disappoint him.