Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GenSpecific
Aug 17, 2005
IT'S IDEAS LIKE THIS THAT GET PEOPLE KILLED!!!!

Slippery Tilde
Holy poo poo Dendi’s team did it. Is it just a best of 1?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
Bo3s start in the round of 4

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lurksion posted:

Why is the Winter Wyvern a pig (gorgc stream)?

mods I think

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

mods I think

i dont think it was like that all game though? My guess is it had to do with rewinding the game and how things can get fuckin weird when you do that

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

GenSpecific posted:

Holy poo poo Dendi’s team did it. Is it just a best of 1?

That was a really :discourse: game

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
C9, t1, and b8 all lost today

A mushi stack and a samh stack made it out of SEA

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
I wish someone was casting EU OQs in English that didn't ramble in Twitchspeak.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Congrats to the two EU open qualifiers, OG and OG

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Topson void spirit is fun to watch

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Miracle is doing a divine rapier rush on medusa. Channel esl_dota2

E: it worked

emdash fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Feb 9, 2020

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012
It's interesting that so many EU teams are copying Liquid's tactics: slardar and oracle are everywhere now.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kinda funny seeing NiP with a 7k lead but feeling that they're losing the game

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
How bad is Void Spirit gonna get corrected based on this pick/win rate?

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber
Skiter stack about to 2-0 nigma.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

giving cookie longer range with force staff on snapfire is a really cool interaction

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Well that was a bad day at the office for Kuro

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Per Cap's stream, Doze just forfeited to EG so they could play a $500 money match elsewhere.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Zurreco posted:

Per Cap's stream, Doze just forfeited to EG so they could play a $500 money match elsewhere.

That seems uhh

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Seems very NA

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

:siren: Miracle Io :siren:

https://www.twitch.tv/esl_dota2

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

This is one of the saddest Huskars I've ever seen

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pinterest Mom posted:

nigma balls lol

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Kuro is grasping at straws with these drafts

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Medusa just builds Rapier as a matter of course now, 7.24 what a patch

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

emdash posted:

Medusa just builds Rapier as a matter of course now, 7.24 what a patch

Wasn't that normal like four or five years ago too.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
I just watched the OG v NIP series, and I want to point out much joy I get seeing PPD's decline.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

IcePhoenix posted:

Wasn't that normal like four or five years ago too.

I remember it always being something you did when you were at least behind, if not desperate, but I could be wrong

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

emdash posted:

I remember it always being something you did when you were at least behind, if not desperate, but I could be wrong

I think you didn't necessarily buy it if you were comfortably ahead but it was basically the item you bought for your sixth slot because by then you were mostly unkillable anyway.

Also I was just looking at the standings and Vikin.gg taking game one over Agressive Mode has put Nigma in serious danger of finishing last in the group, which would mean they straight up miss the minor quals.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Jerk McJerkface posted:

I just watched the OG v NIP series, and I want to point out much joy I get seeing PPD's decline.

When it's just PPD losing that's fine but now he's dragging universe through the mud with him and that's hosed up

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

IcePhoenix posted:

I think you didn't necessarily buy it if you were comfortably ahead but it was basically the item you bought for your sixth slot because by then you were mostly unkillable anyway.

Also I was just looking at the standings and Vikin.gg taking game one over Agressive Mode has put Nigma in serious danger of finishing last in the group, which would mean they straight up miss the minor quals.

I wonder if Truesight this year caused Nigma problems. I mean there's nothing like the entire Dota community celebrating your loss, and a two hour documentary showing all your mistakes in glorious HD.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

IcePhoenix posted:

oh, yeah, i should have been more specific. what seems unique now is people are buying it anywhere from 2nd major item (manta->rapier) to 4th major item, going for aegis and just ending the game

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Liquid was extremely poo poo for long stretches last year iirc so I wouldn't read too much into it other that they are inconsistent

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Liquid was extremely poo poo for long stretches last year iirc so I wouldn't read too much into it other that they are inconsistent

Yeah I think that TI just happened to be a good patch for them + they all have tons of experience in high pressure games since they've all been in a TI finals before, which I'd imagine helps as well against teams that maybe feel the extra pressure.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Gambit vs VP coming up. https://www.twitch.tv/esl_dota2b

grudge-y match because of the recent CIS roster drama, with VP trying to poach gpk and Gambit having a leakproof contract and benching gpk when he tried to call their bluff

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

emdash posted:

Gambit vs VP coming up. https://www.twitch.tv/esl_dota2b

grudge-y match because of the recent CIS roster drama, with VP trying to poach gpk and Gambit having a leakproof contract and benching gpk when he tried to call their bluff

Yeah but OG.Seed/Nigma is also up on the main esl dota channel and if OD.S 2-0s them then Nigma finishes last in the group lol. Also gives OG.S a one point lead over Aggressive Mode with the last series being Secret/AM

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

OG/Liquid is also on

too many interesting games

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Alliance bombing out of these qualifiers

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Andrast posted:

OG/Liquid is also on

too many interesting games

Honestly the only one to watch is OG.

I think that OG has easily the best non-player staff. Their marketing, timing, etc is just on point.

Gorgc has 36000 viewers on these games. That's nuts.

Also we get OG bigdaddynotail Furion. Come on.
OG.s is playing Nigma, if they loose to the OG junior squad Kuro could end up completely broken.

Super-NintendoUser fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Feb 10, 2020

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Honestly the only one to watch is OG.

I think that OG has easily the best non-player staff. Their marketing, timing, etc is just on point.

Gorgc has 36000 viewers on these games. That's nuts.

Also we get OG bigdaddynotail Furion. Come on.

I mean it’s understandable Gorgc gets this much viewership when OG has a new roster, they’re back from their TI break, and they announced gorgc as their official streamer. Bulldog no longer the king of dota 2 streaming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Alliance bombing out of these qualifiers

They still have 2 games left against NiP