Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

namlosh posted:

So the loveSacs are at my local Costco. Wife and I have wanted one for the last 3 years and have the $ this year.

Any trip reports from people in this thread? I’m thinking of long term use issues...

Did it hold up?

Did you regret it?

Do you still use it?

We want the largest one and to put it in the study
I think I offended the product demo lady for those when they were at our store a few months back. Sat down, thought it was pretty comfy, and then involuntarily laughed out loud when she told me what they cost.

e: shameful snype, how bout that Bitchin Sauce?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

namlosh posted:

So the loveSacs are at my local Costco. Wife and I have wanted one for the last 3 years and have the $ this year.

Any trip reports from people in this thread? I’m thinking of long term use issues...

Did it hold up?

Did you regret it?

Do you still use it?

We want the largest one and to put it in the study

We have their sofa, and the PillowSac, the sac has the Phur cover. Not the best given we have a toddler, but it still looks really good after a year and a half. No cushion deformity in the sofa.

Cat approved. Pricey, but we all like it.

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon

silence_kit posted:

The Costco version of San Pellegrino is good. It is better than San Pellegrino, in my opinion. The Costco version of La Croix tastes pretty similar to La Croix, but I'm not really a fan of either.

Which one is the La Croix knock-off? It's seltzer overload in that isle now.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

fordham posted:

Which one is the La Croix knock-off? It's seltzer overload in that isle now.

Kirkland Sparkling Water it comes in the lime, lemon and grapefruit.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

I don't drink alcohol and we don't drink any sugar soda so we tend to have lots of different flavored seltzers at our house; usually a case each of Klarbrunn, Bubly, Kirkland, LaCroix (variety pack, usually not the curates) and Spindrifts.

They're all pretty good, just depends on what you wanna reach for.

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

I don't drink alcohol and we don't drink any sugar soda so we tend to have lots of different flavored seltzers at our house; usually a case each of Klarbrunn, Bubly, Kirkland, LaCroix (variety pack, usually not the curates) and Spindrifts.

They're all pretty good, just depends on what you wanna reach for.

Spindrift sucks rear end, I do NOT endorse this opinion

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

Hoshi posted:

Spindrift sucks rear end, I do NOT endorse this opinion

This is my least favorite, but my wife prefers it so just further evidence of her terrible taste (along with marrying me).

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:
As a connoisseur it didn't even register as Seltzer to be, it's sparkling fruit drink. If it has any calories, let alone double loving digits, it's not a zer

Sorry for your loss buddy

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

Fuuuuuck my Costco had a bar cabinet for $349 but I didn't pay attention to the price dates and now it's back up to $449.

It was $499* on the website so I caved and ordered it. There's no way the thing would've fit in my car, so I would have needed to rent a truck or van anyway. Overall cost with free delivery is probably close to what I would have paid for warehouse + truck + dinner for a buddy to help me move it.

Will post pics when stocked with Kirkland booze.

*edit: yikes, now $599 online

Argyle fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Feb 6, 2020

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I almost went home with one of those the other day, but didn't have a convenient place to put it. Seemed very nice though.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

The Clitoris posted:

Those are some insanely fatty steaks. I better keep an eye out next time in the Co gat dam!

It was a lot of meat to take, but I was prepared.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Checked out the mailer and wanted to pick some stuff up. Got my energy drinks and gonna try out some of their refrigerated soup. King crab and corn and broccoli cheese :getin:

I haven't used a Mach 3 in a long time but it was my favorite razor. Picked up a 20 pack for like $29 which was $10 off. Amazing deal. Razor blades are one of the biggest scams.

Got my dog. Someone in front of me got a slice of cheese and it looked really tempting but drat is that thing big. I mean I could have eaten that easily but it was just too much for me right now. Looked amazing though.

Edit: they didn't have onions so I asked if they had sauerkraut and they did not but he happily filled the onions for me.

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

I bought the lobster bisque and crab soup last time, but honestly I felt a bit let down. There was like 0 meat in there, maybe a few strands but definitely no chunks.

Tasted great otherwise though. Next time I’ll make sure to buy some lump crab meat too...

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi
I'm gonna be the dissenter and say Spindrift is Good, but I feel it's kinda doing it's own thing. It's not as carbonated as sparkling water and the flavors are stronger. I was drinking a lot of the Kirkland LaCroix copycat so it's a nice change up.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
Spindrift is good. It's just too bad they stopped carrying the cucumber and blackberry flavors.

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi
God drat cucumber sounds amazing. I'd trade the grapefruit out for that one for sure

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

Argyle posted:

Fuuuuuck my Costco had a bar cabinet for $349 but I didn't pay attention to the price dates and now it's back up to $449.

It was $499* on the website so I caved and ordered it. There's no way the thing would've fit in my car, so I would have needed to rent a truck or van anyway. Overall cost with free delivery is probably close to what I would have paid for warehouse + truck + dinner for a buddy to help me move it.

Will post pics when stocked with Kirkland booze.

*edit: yikes, now $599 online

I just bought this, it's so well designed and built, well worth the $

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

When you stock your new cabinet, throw some of this stuff in

Just picked some up today and it is pretty, pretty, pretty good.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
Green hatch chilies and pulled rotisserie chicken on top of a frozen mac & cheese for a Costco chili Mac? :thunk:

Barnes And Body Works
Mar 2, 2016

:shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom:
:chillout:

Chinatown posted:

Went today to pick up a 34 inch TV to install at a family members house. got some La Croix. Costco now has a Kirkland knockoff as well. Haven't tried it but I expect it to be good.

It was only 10am but the smell of pizza was in the air. :sigh: Another time.

La Croix is bitchin.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Soup talk: not a fan.

I actually returned the Lobster Bisque and it’s normally one of my favorite soups. Costco’s just tasted entirely of sherry. It was sweet in all the wrong ways. I was so disappointed.

The broccoli cheddar is okay. Every time I buy it, I think it tastes like it’s missing something on its own. After adding various things to it, I found it tasted the best with lots of black pepper and hot sauce. Otherwise it’s just kinda bland.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Cat litter is on sale at my Costco. About 50 pounds for $10. And a limit of three a day. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy. I work with a foster program for cats, we go through this poo poo faster than toilet paper.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

AF posted:

God drat cucumber sounds amazing. I'd trade the grapefruit out for that one for sure

It is. I figured it would be like a hint of cucumber or something, but no. It was like drinking a cucumber. So good.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Cowslips Warren posted:

Cat litter is on sale at my Costco. About 50 pounds for $10. And a limit of three a day. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy. I work with a foster program for cats, we go through this poo poo faster than toilet paper.

I actually asked about this the last time it was on sale and they told me it was a limit per checkout, and I asked if you could go through multiple times and they said yeah. It's apparently not tied to X utilizations per day on your member number or whatever.

YMMV, dunno if that's an official policy, and regardless if they notice you making relay runs day after day the manager might put the foot down. If they call you out, play innocent and try explaining and see if they'll look the other way for a good cause.

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Feb 8, 2020

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Enos Cabell posted:

They have that at Costco now? Nice!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Enos Cabell posted:

This seems like it would be overly sweet. Would you say its sweeter than JD? Seems like a good mixer though.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

I took communion at my local church today and discovered that it has been infested with Self-checkout machines and they were causing of course a clusterbunch.

They did have the chickpea snacks on sale for $4.99 so I grabbed a couple. PBUC.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
self-checkouts at a costco sounds absolutely terrible. those checkers push a lot of items through, everyone hates wating but I doubt if grandpa unloading his cart can come remotely close. that seems like an utter loss for checkout speed and space efficiency. even if you get say 4x as many lanes, which you wouldn't.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

This seems like it would be overly sweet. Would you say its sweeter than JD? Seems like a good mixer though.

Definitely sweeter than JD. Mixes surprisingly well with grape soda, but I don't think I could handle more than one. Was $25 for a 750ml

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I wish the 'Co sold socks between no-shows and crotch-reachers. A nice ankle-high would be a good offering.

uli2000
Feb 23, 2015

Paul MaudDib posted:

self-checkouts at a costco sounds absolutely terrible. those checkers push a lot of items through, everyone hates wating but I doubt if grandpa unloading his cart can come remotely close. that seems like an utter loss for checkout speed and space efficiency. even if you get say 4x as many lanes, which you wouldn't.

The benefit of the self check out lanes is for the people who only come for a couple of items. Sadly, at Costco, those are the olds, who clog up the ailes waiting for samples then clog the lines with the 3 things they are buying. I was recently at a Costco that had these and 90% of the people at the self checkouts were over 70, half of which ended up getting back in the regular lines when they found out the self checkouts don't take cash or check.

Pump Jockey
Mar 15, 2019

i believe in love
Costco would be a better place if everyone just put all of their items in their cart barcode-up as they shopped. I always do that and sail through the checkout, earning praise from the cashier who only has to speedily beep-beep-beep through my cart with the handheld beepery thingy.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Pump Jockey posted:

Costco would be a better place if everyone just put all of their items in their cart barcode-up as they shopped. I always do that and sail through the checkout, earning praise from the cashier who only has to speedily beep-beep-beep through my cart with the handheld beepery thingy.

yeah i do that too but it's really only obvious to people whove had to work retail hell jobs' and lots of pmc/boomers who are just utterly clueless or don't believe its their job to do the cashiers job afterall they should cater to your every whim and command. so it ain't gunna happen

still would be nice to have a <5 item lane. i know i often need a few things but then i dont want to deal with the drive over and checkout poo poo so i just dont

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

I'm 27 and i only every get 2-4 small food items bc I'm poor as gently caress, self checkout sounds awesome but of course boomers run everything good

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

ThirstyBuck posted:

I took communion at my local church today and discovered that it has been infested with Self-checkout machines and they were causing of course a clusterbunch.

Mine had two self-checkout lanes for a while, but the reason they got rid of them was that the loss was too high (IE people stole stuff,
Intentionally or otherwise). I’m not sure there was actually a difference in speed.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

david_a posted:

Mine had two self-checkout lanes for a while, but the reason they got rid of them was that the loss was too high (IE people stole stuff,
Intentionally or otherwise). I’m not sure there was actually a difference in speed.

Ours did as well years ago, just converted normal lanes to self-checkout. Then they got rid of them for a few years.

Ours got them back about 6 months ago and it’s a totally different design. 6 checkout areas in two lines side by side with space in the middle, 3 one each side.

It’s highly variable, but I think they move a lot quicker this way. There’s always someone there to help people who are having trouble or moving slowly and they can bounce back and forth pretty easily. It’s also on a side of the store where a lot of workers congregate so there is always someone to jump in and help. Still variable, but I’ve seen lines backed up 50 feet clear out surprisingly fast, fwiw

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

This is my least favorite, but my wife prefers it so just further evidence of her terrible taste (along with marrying me).

Didn’t you post in the bwm thread that she was divorcing you

I feel like this is more than the usual self deprecation given that

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Did Costco or maybe Price Club or even Sams used to do the thing where you just wheeled up the cart and they scanned and put it into a second cart directly? No belt or scale, just cart to cart? Last night I was feeling like the taking my goods out of the cart was a waste of time. Of course it meant they didn't have to lift 80 lbs of kitty litter which may be the deciding factor.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
One of the Cos near me piloted a self scanner thing for a bit. You get a handheld scanner, and scan your item as you put it into your cart. At the end there's a special register you walk up to, they take your scanner and payment, count your items, and send you on your way.
It was pretty cool. My local supermarket does it too but it's a pain for things like produce that are sold by weight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Sam's Club does that, I think.

The Co does not abide because it would reduce staffing for the registers and affect the workers.

My Ralphs used to have the scanner and it was handy the one time I got it working. Excellent data-miner since you can browse a bunch of coupons and poo poo while you shop.