Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

My biggest issue with Jivya when I was trying to force a slime apostle win was the fact that you don't even really get to have much fun with the mutations, Jibya tended towards just removing your mutations rather than letting you accumulate a massive pile of mutations like Xom does. For being "the" mutation god, Jivea sure doesn't let you go very crazy with it even in gooncrawl where we can still eat purple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
That's sort of why I don't play with Jiyva more; they're the god of slimes, but they are not really reliably the god of being a slime, and they don't interact with the player mechanics as often or as reliably as I had expected. You get slimify, unreliable (but generally pretty powerful) regen, and azure jellies covering your escape from a big hit, and...that's about it. You don't really see as much floor loot anymore, the passive slimes aren't really a big deal past a certain point, and the only other thing seems to be Jiyva periodically removing all your mutations. I think I have one Jiyva win, and they removed my only slime mutation in the same floor as they gave it to me, and that was that.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
Pledge of the Heretic completed

code:
Health: 239/239    AC: 37    Str: 36      XL:     27
Magic:  30/34      EV: 37    Int: 11 (13) God:    Okawaru [******]
Gold:   1997       SH: 21    Dex: 26      Spells: 10/46 levels left

rFire    + + +     SeeInvis +     - Unarmed
rCold    + . .     Gourm    .   X - +2 shield {AC+3}
rNeg     + + .     Faith    .   j - quicksilver dragon scales
rPois    +         Spirit   +   e - +1 hat of the Alchemist {rElec rPois rF+ rC+ rN+ MR+ rMut rCorr}
rElec    +         Reflect  .   p - +2 cloak {MR+}
rCorr    +         Harm     .   W - +5 pair of boots of the Pleiades {MR+ Str+4 Dex+6}
rMut     +                      B - amulet of Vitality {Regen+ HP+15}
MR       +++++                  d - ring "Gewnofe" {rPois rC- MR+ EV+3 Str+8}
Stlth    ++........             q - ring "Lutyru Reec" {rF++ MR- Int-3 Dex+4 SInv
You have taken the pledge of the Heretic.
Ds with claws, powered by death, mana shield, black mark. Waited until I had to go into Vaults to pick up the first rune - for the 3 runes I got wrath from Nemelex, Yredlemnul, and Sif Muna. Nemelex was probably the worst, getting turned into a pig sucks, torment, red drain, random wraths from other gods. Yred was stupid easy, sends like 2-3 undead after you. Ran stone form a good bit but when I got the +5 boots with str4 dex6 I swapped to QsDA.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
So what would make Jiyva interesting if not attractive? Mutate more often and de-Mutate less often? IMO it's no fun being slime mans if you can't actually be slime mans.

I also feel like the stat shuffling was supposed to be advantageous (more INT for mages, more STR for fighters, more DEX for stabbers) but it doesn't work. What I'd probably do there is your first n stat shuffles are straight buffs (actual +1 to STR, INT, or DEX), basically skip the part where we take something from another stat until you hit the cap. Probably would adjust STR shuffling for species that can't wear body armor.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Araganzar posted:

So what would make Jiyva interesting if not attractive? Mutate more often and de-Mutate less often?

Maybe a piety ability to lock in a mutation to make it permanent, or never get a specific harmful one (and remove it)?

Something like Ru where you get a random list, with the beneficial muts heavily weighted towards Slime only mutations?

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!

Araganzar posted:

So what would make Jiyva interesting if not attractive? Mutate more often and de-Mutate less often? IMO it's no fun being slime mans if you can't actually be slime mans.

I also feel like the stat shuffling was supposed to be advantageous (more INT for mages, more STR for fighters, more DEX for stabbers) but it doesn't work. What I'd probably do there is your first n stat shuffles are straight buffs (actual +1 to STR, INT, or DEX), basically skip the part where we take something from another stat until you hit the cap. Probably would adjust STR shuffling for species that can't wear body armor.

imo if you take jiyva you're saccing loot for mutations. I want to be a heavily mutated mess to my advantage, like the polar opposite of zin. gently caress me up with more good mutations than a demonspawn chugging mut pots.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Yeah, what Captainsalami said. You are basically selling your loot for mutations, so what that should get you would be a: control and b: reliability. You should be able to have a solid influence on getting what you actually want and need and a way to make sure that it doesn't abandon you at the worst moment.

FulsomFrank
Sep 11, 2005

Hard on for love

Captainsalami posted:

imo if you take jiyva you're saccing loot for mutations. I want to be a heavily mutated mess to my advantage, like the polar opposite of zin. gently caress me up with more good mutations than a demonspawn chugging mut pots.

Exactly! I like this "opposite of zin" approach. If more mutations were added that would make this even more interesting, especially if there were possibly Jiyva-exclusive ones.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

FulsomFrank posted:

Exactly! I like this "opposite of zin" approach. If more mutations were added that would make this even more interesting, especially if there were possibly Jiyva-exclusive ones.

http://crawl.chaosforge.org/Jiyva_mutations

So Jiyva mutations are based on basically a d100 (roll:
code:
   if (rand < 5)         return delete_mutation(RANDOM_SLIME_MUTATION, "Jiyva's grace", true, false, true);
    else if (rand < 30)        return delete_mutation(RANDOM_NON_SLIME_MUTATION, "Jiyva's grace", true, false, true);
    else if (rand < 55)        return mutate(RANDOM_MUTATION, "Jiyva's grace", true, false, true);
    else if (rand < 75)        return mutate(RANDOM_SLIME_MUTATION, "Jiyva's grace", true, false, true);
    else        return mutate(RANDOM_GOOD_MUTATION, "Jiyva's grace", true, false, true);
So 5% chance you lose a slime mutation, 25% chance you lose a random mutation, 25% chance you get a random mutation, 20% chance you get a random slime mutation, and 25% chance you get a random good mutation.

These mutation changes are diety gifts - awarded when you gain piety. Jiyva awards if a 1-piety roll > 50 and then you hit a 1 in 4 chance. When it kicks the gift timeout is 15+2d4 so roughly +20 piety per activation.

Any one of those percentages or any of the numbers in bold above are subject to change. You could also add a new percentage chance to delete_mutation(RANDOM_BAD_MUTATION).

I've also done the following just as general quality of life improvements:
- changed chance to eat off-level items from 1 in 25 to 1 in 500
- reduced piety cost to cure a random bad mutation from 15 to 10
- changed minimum hp and mp healing to 2 instead of 1
- removed something about jiyva not allowing artefacts to be created

I'll look at stat-shuffling next.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Araganzar posted:

http://crawl.chaosforge.org/Jiyva_mutations

So Jiyva mutations are based on basically a d100 (roll:
code:
   if (rand < 5)         return delete_mutation(RANDOM_SLIME_MUTATION, "Jiyva's grace", true, false, true);
    else if (rand < 30)        return delete_mutation(RANDOM_NON_SLIME_MUTATION, "Jiyva's grace", true, false, true);
    else if (rand < 55)        return mutate(RANDOM_MUTATION, "Jiyva's grace", true, false, true);
    else if (rand < 75)        return mutate(RANDOM_SLIME_MUTATION, "Jiyva's grace", true, false, true);
    else        return mutate(RANDOM_GOOD_MUTATION, "Jiyva's grace", true, false, true);
So 5% chance you lose a slime mutation, 25% chance you lose a random mutation, 25% chance you get a random mutation, 20% chance you get a random slime mutation, and 25% chance you get a random good mutation.

These mutation changes are diety gifts - awarded when you gain piety. Jiyva awards if a 1-piety roll > 50 and then you hit a 1 in 4 chance. When it kicks the gift timeout is 15+2d4 so roughly +20 piety per activation.

Any one of those percentages or any of the numbers in bold above are subject to change. You could also add a new percentage chance to delete_mutation(RANDOM_BAD_MUTATION).

I've also done the following just as general quality of life improvements:
- changed chance to eat off-level items from 1 in 25 to 1 in 500
- reduced piety cost to cure a random bad mutation from 15 to 10
- changed minimum hp and mp healing to 2 instead of 1

I'll look at stat-shuffling next.

reduce the chance to lose mutations to zero

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Araganzar posted:

:what:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
If that is still a thing, completely purging all your mutations should probably not be a random god thing that Jiyva does. It's too likely to end up purging you of valuable stuff you spent far too much time cultivating.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

cock hero flux posted:

reduce the chance to lose mutations to zero

How I about I cut mutation loss to 1/3 the present rate? There has to be a means of redistribution of mutation wealth or the top 1% of players will soon control all the mutations.

I looked into this further and that check is called by the routine that NAMES artefacts, not creates them. So it won't name an artefact after Jiyva because Jiyva won't let her name be given to anything slimes can't eat.

I will probably put this back.

Cardiovorax posted:

If that is still a thing, completely purging all your mutations should probably not be a random god thing that Jiyva does. It's too likely to end up purging you of valuable stuff you spent far too much time cultivating.

It's not a thing anymore. Here is what I've changed so far, testing it now:

quote:

changed chance to eat offlevel item from 1 in 25 to 1 in 500
reduced piety cost to cure bad mutation from 15 to 10
changed minimum hp and mp healing to 2 instead of 1
removed something about jiyva not allowing artefacts to be created
give innate rank of evolution on joining jiyva
make evolution non-innate leaving jiyva
evolution will not remove itself if you worship Jiyva
doubled chance of gift activating after timeout
reduced gift timeout from 15+2d4 to 8+2d3
GIFTS - cut chance of removing mutations from 5%/25% to 2%/8%
GIFTS - added 5% chance to remove a bad mutatoin
GIFTS - changed chance of random/slime/good mut to 20/25/30

So basically increased frequency and odds of gaining mutations, added innate evolution level 1, greatly reduced munching on offlevel items, and jacked up the minimum healing.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Araganzar, that post alone bring me so much joy I cannot describe. Someone brought up an issue, and almost instantly you pop in with changes that are good and fun without being radical. Thank you.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Araganzar posted:

How I about I cut mutation loss to 1/3 the present rate? There has to be a means of redistribution of mutation wealth or the top 1% of players will soon control all the mutations.

if it makes the game too easy then replace it with a chance for bad mutations instead

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

oh no wait, here's an idea: instead of spending piety to use Jiyva abilities, make it so that you spend good mutations

and, I dunno, give him some abilities that are more actually useful

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I love mutation god

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
If I start as a Slime Apostle or whatever I'm not seeing it add evolution. So I'm going to have to look at what I need to do to have what _join_jiyva does during new game creation.

However I know the changes seem to be working because when I join at an altar I get evolution, I'm not sure how to tell if it's innate or not but it's colored blue and not grey.

edit: ah apparently the join god code blows up webtiles
code:
    if (you.pledge == PLEDGE_SPITEFUL)
    {
        // join_religion breaks WebTiles, so just copying wholesale
        // from bloatcrawl 2 for proper Ru setup
        you.religion = GOD_RU;
Okay, doing this also means slime apostle will start with a jelly just like if they'd joined at an altar. We'll have to see how this works out IDL.

Also here is a cool guide for sliming it up as a troll:
http://crawl.chaosforge.org/Buddy23Lee%27s_Troll_monk_of_Jiyva_(%22slime_troll%22)_guide

Araganzar fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Feb 8, 2020

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
Also while I was digging around I changed the wand empowering mutation to use 0 MP instead of 3 like it's done in Vanilla now.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Maybe you should leave the same level of mut shuffling but make it so if Jiyva gives you a mutation, they always give you the maximum level of it. I feel like that would keep the fun of the shifting nature of a slime god, while taking away the annoying thing where you're just bouncing between baby levels of mutations.

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!
All this is way appreciated. Cant wait to play a troll slime and gently caress things up. Really if I dont end lair without at least four or five beneficial mutations and gently caress all for loot we've failed here.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Captainsalami posted:

All this is way appreciated. Cant wait to play a troll slime and gently caress things up. Really if I dont end lair without at least four or five beneficial mutations and gently caress all for loot we've failed here.

So this is up on ETP under Gooncrawl Dev:
code:
   938 | D:2      | Reached *** piety under Jiyva
  1145 | D:2      | Gained mutation: You passively map a small area around you. [Jiyva's grace]
  1398 | D:2      | Reached **** piety under Jiyva
  1805 | D:3      | Lost mutation: Your flesh is cold resistant. (rC+) [Jiyva's grace]
  1823 | D:3      | Gained mutation: Your muscles are strong. (Str +2) [Jiyva's grace]
  1951 | Sewer    | Gained mutation: You are robust. (+10% HP) [Jiyva's grace]
  1953 | Sewer    | Reached ***** piety under Jiyva
  2091 | Sewer    | Gained mutation: Your muscles are very strong. (Str +4) [Jiyva's grace]
  2951 | D:4      | Gained mutation: You have acidic saliva. [Jiyva's grace]
  3580 | D:4      | Lost mutation: Your muscles are very strong. (Str +4) [Jiyva's grace]
  3893 | D:5      | Gained mutation: You are covered in slimy tendrils that may disarm your opponents. [Jiyva's grace]
  4481 | D:6      | Gained mutation: Your rubbery body absorbs attacks. (AC +1, EV +1) [Jiyva's grace]
Still seeing more lost mutations than I'd like but this is a small sample set. It should be a 2% chance to remove a slime mutation and 8% to remove a regular mutation.

If you play a Demonspawn Slime Apostle I cranked up the EV and SH on the scales mutations that add those a bit as well. Those scales may suck like 47% less now.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

That all sounds excellent. All the slimey changey goodness without the things that made it so hard to handle.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
Slime Apostle is still a pretty rough start, you start as a melee character in a robe with a poo poo weapon and slimes start eating your upgrades almost immediately. It's really not a huge advantage to be mutated to hell when you're wearing +0 ring mail and using a +0 hand axe on D6. And those early pots and scrolls can be critical.

Slimes also trash early D experience, I was XL3 as a mino hitting D5. I think long term you'll find some artefacts but the early D xp loss and inability to build up any gold/gear before worshipping is hard.

I may have to play wiz mode and generate an L1 altar to test well. In general I think it's a great swap-to or late pick diety but the D1-D6 game could use adjustment, that might be okay, god is quite strong once you get going.

I also need to play with stat loss a little, starting as a troll and pushing nothing but unarmed but seeing str go to dex consistently seems very dumb.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Doesn't Jiyva stat shuffling try to make all your stats equal, so that you're well-rounded, like a slime? I thought that's how it used to work...

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

If not for the fact that there are certain spell and god combinations that can effectively flood an entirely level with summon creatures, I would say it's actually high time that we god rid of that XP gain reduction for summons. It never made any sense anyway. If you are a summoner, then summoning things to fight for you is meant to be your primary form of combat. Punishing players for choosing what should be just a regular type of character build always struck me as backwards.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

McGavin posted:

Doesn't Jiyva stat shuffling try to make all your stats equal, so that you're well-rounded, like a slime? I thought that's how it used to work...

It was supposedly supposed to adjust to become beneficial to what you're doing, e.g. if you're wearing heavy armour it shifts into strength but it's never been very good at that.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Cardiovorax posted:

If not for the fact that there are certain spell and god combinations that can effectively flood an entirely level with summon creatures, I would say it's actually high time that we god rid of that XP gain reduction for summons. It never made any sense anyway. If you are a summoner, then summoning things to fight for you is meant to be your primary form of combat. Punishing players for choosing what should be just a regular type of character build always struck me as backwards.
I thought that got pulled a while ago?

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Cardiovorax posted:

I know it's probably only coming up because I haven't updated the changelog, but it has been gone for closing on 2 years now.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Well, nevermind that, then! I don't really keep up with the changelogs, so I only remembered it as an existing issue and thought it was still a problem because Araganzar managed having XP issues as a Slime Apostle.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Cardiovorax posted:

Well, nevermind that, then! I don't really keep up with the changelogs, so I only remembered it as an existing issue and thought it was still a problem because Araganzar managed having XP issues as a Slime Apostle.

isn't the slime problem because of the fact that it spawns the slimes as Neutrals, not as your summons?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Yeah, apparently. I forgot about that since I don't use Jiyva a lot.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Sometimes a char is just an infinite regeneration engine.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

An effect that can be replicated by playing a VS.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
And without teleportitis!

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

SirSamVimes posted:

An effect that can be replicated by playing a VS.

..of chei attacking with a qb while wearing a robe of vines and an amulet of vitality. Powered by Death is strong.

So in testing we are losing a lot more mutations than expected. I set the logic in the Jiyva's mutation gift like so:
code:
    const int rand = random2(100);
    // 2% delete slime mut, 8% delete mut, 5% delete bad mut
    // 20% random mut, 35% random slime mut, 30% good mut
    if (rand < 2)
        return delete_mutation(RANDOM_SLIME_MUTATION, "Jiyva's grace", true, false, true);
    else if (rand < 10)
        return delete_mutation(RANDOM_NON_SLIME_MUTATION, "Jiyva's grace", true, false, true);
    else if (rand < 15)
        return delete_mutation(RANDOM_BAD_MUTATION, "Jiyva's grace", true, false, true);
    else if (rand < 35)
        return mutate(RANDOM_MUTATION, "Jiyva's grace", true, false, true);
    else if (rand < 70)
        return mutate(RANDOM_SLIME_MUTATION, "Jiyva's grace", true, false, true);
    else
        return mutate(RANDOM_GOOD_MUTATION, "Jiyva's grace", true, false, true);
}
But in reality I am seeing a lot more mutations being lost. Random mutations can remove a mutation when they add one but that logic is disabled for god gifts.

I ran a more realistic jiyva start, MiAc who commited to Jiyva after clearing D7. Here are the mutations Jiyva offered through 18k turns after joining and 12k after hitting full piety:
code:
  7926 | Temple   | Became a worshipper of Jiyva Jikhluwa the Shapeless
  7926 | Temple   | Gained mutation: You evolve. [Jiyva's grace]
  8772 | D:9      | Reached * piety under Jiyva
  8785 | D:9      | Reached ** piety under Jiyva
  9022 | D:9      | Reached *** piety under Jiyva
  9022 | D:9      | Lost mutation: You are partially covered in icy blue scales. (AC +2) [Jiyva's grace]
  9785 | D:4      | Gained mutation: You are partially covered in icy blue scales. (AC +2) [Jiyva's grace]
  9981 | D:6      | Gained mutation: Your rubbery body absorbs attacks. (AC +1, EV +1) [Jiyva's grace]
 10022 | D:7      | Reached **** piety under Jiyva
 10131 | D:8      | Lost mutation: Your magical capacity is low. (-10% MP) [Jiyva's grace]
 10630 | Lair:1   | Gained mutation: Your translucent skin slightly reduces your foes' accuracy. (Stealth) [Jiyva's grace]
 10768 | Lair:1   | Reached ***** piety under Jiyva
 11102 | Lair:2   | Gained mutation: You have an increased reservoir of magic. (+10% MP) [Jiyva's grace]
 11816 | Lair:2   | Gained mutation: You are agile. (Dex +2) [Jiyva's grace]
 13144 | Lair:4   | Gained mutation: You have a pair of large horns on your head. [Jiyva's grace]
 13190 | Lair:4   | Gained mutation: Your pliable body absorbs attacks. (AC +2, EV +2) [Jiyva's grace]
 13235 | Lair:4   | Gained mutation: You have sharp toenails. [Jiyva's grace]
 13285 | Lair:4   | Reached ****** piety under Jiyva
 13356 | Lair:4   | Gained mutation: You are resistant to hostile enchantments. (MR+) [Jiyva's grace]
 13887 | Volcano  | Gained mutation: Your translucent skin reduces your foes' accuracy. (Stealth) [Jiyva's grace]
 13892 | Volcano  | Gained mutation: You have a small jelly attached to you that may absorb incoming projectiles. [Jiyva's grace]
 13948 | Volcano  | Gained mutation: You have acidic saliva. [Jiyva's grace]
 14074 | Lair:5   | Gained mutation: You are covered in fur. (AC +1) [Jiyva's grace]
 14231 | Lair:5   | Gained mutation: You have a small jelly attached to you that senses nearby items. [Jiyva's grace]
 14809 | Lair:6   | Gained mutation: You are highly resistant to hostile enchantments. (MR++) [Jiyva's grace]
 14945 | Lair:6   | Lost mutation: Your pliable body absorbs attacks. (AC +2, EV +2) [Jiyva's grace]
 14954 | Lair:6   | Lost mutation: Your system is resistant to poisons. (rPois) [Jiyva's grace]
 15012 | Lair:6   | Gained mutation: Armour fits poorly on your pseudopods. [Jiyva's grace]
 15081 | Lair:6   | Lost mutation: Your rubbery body absorbs attacks. (AC +1, EV +1) [Jiyva's grace]
 15244 | Lair:6   | Lost mutation: You are highly resistant to hostile enchantments. (MR++) [Jiyva's grace]
 15247 | Lair:6   | Lost mutation: You have acidic saliva. [Jiyva's grace]
 15259 | Lair:6   | Gained mutation: Your rubbery body absorbs attacks. (AC +1, EV +1) [Jiyva's grace]
 15346 | Lair:6   | Gained mutation: You are covered in slimy tendrils that may disarm your opponents. [Jiyva's grace]
 15378 | Lair:6   | Gained mutation: Your pliable body absorbs attacks. (AC +2, EV +2) [Jiyva's grace]
 15473 | Lair:6   | Gained mutation: Your gelatinous body deflects attacks. (AC +3, EV +3) [Jiyva's grace]
 15920 | Slime:2  | Found a viscous altar of Jiyva.
 15953 | Slime:5  | Found a viscous altar of Jiyva.
 15959 | Slime:5  | Lost mutation: You are covered in slimy tendrils that may disarm your opponents. [Jiyva's grace]
 15963 | Slime:5  | Lost mutation: You possess an exceptional clarity of mind. [Jiyva's grace]
 15965 | Slime:5  | Gained mutation: Your system is resistant to poisons. (rPois) [Jiyva's grace]
 15985 | Slime:5  | Lost mutation: You have a small jelly attached to you that may absorb incoming projectiles. [Jiyva's grace]
 15990 | Slime:5  | Gained mutation: You are highly resistant to hostile enchantments. (MR++) [Jiyva's grace]
 16312 | Lair:2   | Lost mutation: Your gelatinous body deflects attacks. (AC +3, EV +3) [Jiyva's grace]
 16847 | D:10     | Lost mutation: You have a small jelly attached to you that senses nearby items. [Jiyva's grace]
 16856 | D:10     | Gained mutation: Your transparent skin significantly reduces your foes' accuracy. (Stealth) [Jiyva's grace]
 17064 | D:10     | Lost mutation: Your transparent skin significantly reduces your foes' accuracy. (Stealth) [Jiyva's grace]
 17164 | D:10     | Gained mutation: Your muscles are strong. (Str +2) [Jiyva's grace]
 18820 | D:12     | Gained mutation: You expend magic power (0 MP) to strengthen your wands. [Jiyva's grace]
 18955 | D:12     | Gained mutation: Your body has grown golden eyes which may confuse attackers. (Acc +3) [Jiyva's grace]
 19041 | D:12     | Lost mutation: You are agile. (Dex +2) [Jiyva's grace]
 19173 | D:12     | Gained mutation: Your gelatinous body deflects attacks. (AC +3, EV +3) [Jiyva's grace]
 19840 | D:13     | Gained mutation: Your body has grown many golden eyes which may confuse attackers. (Acc +5) [Jiyva's grace]
 20145 | D:13     | Lost mutation: Your translucent skin reduces your foes' accuracy. (Stealth) [Jiyva's grace]
 20176 | D:13     | Lost mutation: Armour fits poorly on your pseudopods. [Jiyva's grace]
 20312 | D:13     | Gained mutation: Your natural rate of healing is unusually fast. [Jiyva's grace]
 20762 | D:14     | Gained mutation: Your translucent skin reduces your foes' accuracy. (Stealth) [Jiyva's grace]
 20788 | D:14     | Gained mutation: Your flesh is cold resistant. (rC+) [Jiyva's grace]
 20807 | D:14     | Lost mutation: Your system is resistant to poisons. (rPois) [Jiyva's grace]
 20842 | D:14     | Lost mutation: You have a pair of large horns on your head. [Jiyva's grace]
 20874 | D:14     | Lost mutation: You are highly resistant to hostile enchantments. (MR++) [Jiyva's grace]
 21828 | D:15     | Gained mutation: Your body is covered in golden eyes which may confuse attackers. (Acc +7, SInv) [Jiyva's grace]
 21903 | D:15     | Gained mutation: You are covered in thick fur. (AC +2) [Jiyva's grace]
 22543 | D:15     | Lost mutation: Your gelatinous body deflects attacks. (AC +3, EV +3) [Jiyva's grace]
 22548 | D:15     | Gained mutation: Your muscles are very strong. (Str +4) [Jiyva's grace]
 22576 | D:15     | Gained mutation: Armour fits poorly on your pseudopods. [Jiyva's grace]
 23001 | D:15     | Lost mutation: Your translucent skin reduces your foes' accuracy. (Stealth) [Jiyva's grace]
 24372 | Orc:2    | Gained mutation: You have a small jelly attached to you that senses nearby items. [Jiyva's grace]
 24386 | Orc:2    | Lost mutation: You expend magic power (0 MP) to strengthen your wands. [Jiyva's grace]
 24392 | Orc:2    | Gained mutation: You expend magic power (0 MP) to strengthen your wands. [Jiyva's grace]
 24392 | Orc:2    | Gained mutation: You are surrounded by a mild repulsion field. (EV +4) [Jiyva's grace]
 24394 | Orc:2    | Gained mutation: You heal very quickly. [Jiyva's grace]
 24400 | Orc:2    | Gained mutation: Your system is resistant to poisons. (rPois) [Jiyva's grace]
 24404 | Orc:2    | Lost mutation: Your flesh is cold resistant. (rC+) [Jiyva's grace]
 24406 | Orc:2    | Lost mutation: You passively map a small area around you. [Jiyva's grace]
 24408 | Orc:2    | Lost mutation: Your translucent skin slightly reduces your foes' accuracy. (Stealth) [Jiyva's grace]
 24419 | Orc:2    | Gained mutation: You passively map a small area around you. [Jiyva's grace]
 24435 | Orc:2    | Gained mutation: You are agile. (Dex +2) [Jiyva's grace]
 24658 | Orc:2    | Gained mutation: Your translucent skin slightly reduces your foes' accuracy. (Stealth) [Jiyva's grace]
 24805 | D:7      | Lost mutation: You are resistant to hostile enchantments. (MR+) [Jiyva's grace]
You can see at one point I lost 3 mutations in a row, and these are not counting regular mutations because I'm filtering on Jiyva actions.

At the end of that my mutations look like this:
code:
You are magically regenerating.
You evolve.
You have sharp toenails.
You are surrounded by a mild repulsion field. (EV +4)
You are partially covered in icy blue scales. (AC +2)
You are partially covered in thin metallic scales. (AC +2)
You are agile. (Dex +2)
You have an increased reservoir of magic. (+10% MP)
You passively map a small area around you.
Your system is resistant to poisons. (rPois)
You heal very quickly.
You are covered in thick fur. (AC +2)
Your muscles are very strong. (Str +4)
Your body is covered in golden eyes which may confuse attackers. (Acc +7, SInv)
Your pliable body absorbs attacks. (AC +2, EV +2)
Armour fits poorly on your pseudopods.
Your translucent skin slightly reduces your foes' accuracy. (Stealth)
You have a small jelly attached to you that senses nearby items.
You expend magic power (0 MP) to strengthen your wands.
Here were the actions of evolution during that time:
code:
  9455 | D:3      | Gained mutation: Your system is resistant to poisons. (rPois) [evolution]
 11986 | Lair:3   | Gained mutation: You expend magic power (0 MP) to strengthen your wands. [evolution]
 19546 | D:13     | Gained mutation: You are partially covered in thin metallic scales. (AC +2) [evolution]
So I dunno if anyone wants to try to figure that out, but I guess there must be some code in mutate that's firing it. Here are the relevant code pages on the branch on FK's repo:
mutations: https://github.com/Floodkiller/crawl/blob/jiyva_reform/crawl-ref/source/mutation.cc
jiyvamuts: https://github.com/Floodkiller/crawl/blob/jiyva_reform/crawl-ref/source/religion.cc

I will probably just add log messages showing the random roll so I can figure out which call is doing it, it might be the delete to RANDOM_BAD_MUTATION is deleting good ones somehow?

It also looks like an issue that if these weren't getting deleted you would wind up with 3 horns, 3 claws, 3 talons and effectively be a monstrous demonspawn. I'm thinking about either removing those body mutations from the Jiyva pool or adding code that at 5* or higher Jiyva worshippers can equip aux armor even if they have a level 3 mutation in that slot. I might also remove the mutation effect where your psuedopods give you ill-fitting armor, that seems strictly bad.

Araganzar fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Feb 9, 2020

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
Also after 20k turns of wearing moon troll leather my base STR is 4, INT is 10, DEX is 28. On a Minotaur. And I have put every single point into STR.

Maybe that's part of the charm of Jiyva, but this seems quite dumb and I'm open to suggestions.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Dilb posted:

So I was working on the crab challenge, but the sacrifice pledge doesn't recognize that I abandoned Thanks crabma for Acrabumet. I can't get into the shrimpish mines.

I've been trying for a week and I still can't get this to reproduce. If you or anyone else encounters this for Spiteful or Justice (the two I think this would be a problem with, but in different spots if it were occurring), please record exactly what you did to potentially cause it so I can troubleshoot further.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Does wearing jewellery increase your hunger rate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Araganzar posted:

Also after 20k turns of wearing moon troll leather my base STR is 4, INT is 10, DEX is 28. On a Minotaur. And I have put every single point into STR.

Maybe that's part of the charm of Jiyva, but this seems quite dumb and I'm open to suggestions.

What if instead of it happening passively, you could spend piety to shift stats? That might be too strong, though, I don't know.