Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
You're either the kind of player that finds it to be busy work, or you're the kind of player that finds it to be intensely immersive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iverron
May 13, 2012

Wolcen released some details about its transmog system and endgame today:

https://steamcommunity.com/games/424370/announcements/detail/1718622688291202508

Glad that subsequent characters won’t have to run the Acts again. Never really understood PoE’s hang up on that.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Kennel posted:

February Humble Choice

So question about the Humble Choice since I've only ever used Humble for the bundles. If I were to sign up today for the Humble Monthly at a tier where I get access to the games, would I be able to claim whichever ones I want and then immediately cancel the reoccurring charge? Because I would be down for some of the ones available this month, but I don't really want to be signed up for a monthly subscription game service. I just wasn't sure if I had to be signed up for a full month or something before I got access to the free games, and I didn't see anything on the website when I skimmed over it.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Red Dead is the perfect game if you just want to mosey around.

But god and your controller help you if you want to get anything done.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Soysaucebeast posted:

So question about the Humble Choice since I've only ever used Humble for the bundles. If I were to sign up today for the Humble Monthly at a tier where I get access to the games, would I be able to claim whichever ones I want and then immediately cancel the reoccurring charge? Because I would be down for some of the ones available this month, but I don't really want to be signed up for a monthly subscription game service. I just wasn't sure if I had to be signed up for a full month or something before I got access to the free games, and I didn't see anything on the website when I skimmed over it.

Yeah you can cancel instantly, you only lose the discount in the humble store and access to the trove of downloadable games.
The UI for picking the games is a little odd, but you get keys instantly.

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you

Krazyface posted:

What are you talking about? What is this scenario? You're in a multiplayer match with some Nazis, and you say, "actually the term 'PC master race' was first used ironically", and then everyone cheers until they leave the lobby?

It was just an off the cuff remark, man.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

They give you a warning now and you can cancel (or pause) after the games of the month are revealed as opposed to before.

Don't sleep on the Trove either. There's some good poo poo in there. (A Short Hike is wholesome and fun!)

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Iverron posted:

https://steamcommunity.com/games/424370/announcements/detail/1718622688291202508

Glad that subsequent characters won’t have to run the Acts again. Never really understood PoE’s hang up on that.

I’m glad that they’ve just used the same dye/skin system as something like a Guild Wars 2. More games should have that.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

odiv posted:

They give you a warning now and you can cancel (or pause) after the games of the month are revealed as opposed to before.

Don't sleep on the Trove either. There's some good poo poo in there. (A Short Hike is wholesome and fun!)

A Short Hike is the kind of game that comes out of nowhere and pulls you in. Don't skip out on it.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I bought it on itch.io after because that game deserved a sale even though I got it for free.

https://adamgryu.itch.io/a-short-hike

Objective Action
Jun 10, 2007

I had some extra keys laying around anyway and, since I had a couple of these last Humble games already, I figured some peeps here might want em (quality varies wildly)!

Tales from Candle?eep ?0LR7-RK54E-YE8LM
Eador Im?erium 9DNQQ-H25BT-Z?JDB
Spiral S?outs 29397-5?4I8-JLBZ3
?haos Reborn YLX92-20KXD-IC8?P
?antasy Versus I9DWJ-0M40R-DC?A3
Lust for Da?kness GWNLP-F8IE6-KT?R3
River City ?ansom: Underground LX684-DKV?Z-D3968
Town of Lig?t Y?DK5-CT5KK-6JAQQ
Crusader Kin?s II DMLAB-XX4?K-TVJJC
Ma?runner F5JCW-?IRLQ-485T5
Super Panda Adve?ture NDQGH-H4436-3RH?J
Syber?a EPXL4-M0D7T-PVGM?
Syb?ria II E4BAY-3V?KY-8JWTD
Battle ?hef Brigade 2G8W?-ZK6IZ-Z32GW
Learn J?panese To Survive! Hiragana Battle 9KGH?-M4V4N-B6X6D
Learn Japa?ese To Survive! Katakana War MWQ6A-?H3E7-A52NH
S?ord Legacy Omen 36C?3-WCGNP-2YAZQ
Sp?ceship Looter X?VQQ-NFB68-VYWKH
Shadow of Wa? 2W3QP-4GB3Z-?DBCI
Pathfinde? Kingmaker 2G2CW-DLZF?-FE98B
SHENZEN ?/O 2G3C6-M8J?D-YWA2L

Objective Action fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Feb 8, 2020

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Objective Action posted:

Shadow of Wa? 2W3QP-4GB3Z-?DBCI

Thanks!

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Objective Action posted:

Spiral S?outs 29397-5?4I8-JLBZ3

Gonna try this one, thanks very much!

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Objective Action posted:

River City ?ansom: Underground LX684-DKV?Z-D3968

Snagged, ty!

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Objective Action posted:

Sp?ceship Looter X?VQQ-NFB68-VYWKH

Grabbed this one, sounds very scavenger-y and thus right up my alley.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Objective Action posted:

I had some extra keys laying around anyway and, since I had a couple of these last Humble games already, I figured some peeps here might want em (quality varies wildly)!

Town of Lig?t Y?DK5-CT5KK-6JAQQ

Thank you!

Zathril
Nov 12, 2011

Objective Action posted:

Eador Im?erium 9DNQQ-H25BT-Z?JDB

Grabbed this one, thanks!

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Tyranny is on sale and I keep thinking I want to give it a fair shot, esp. after the WOFF episodes on it.

On the other hand, responsible me keeps looking at my copy of PoE2, an objectively better game, and thinking "How many times have you re-started that game, gotten past the first island, and then totally lost interest?"

And yet...

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Objective Action posted:

SHENZEN ?/O 2G3C6-M8J?D-YWA2L

Thanks for this!

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Memnaelar posted:

Tyranny is on sale and I keep thinking I want to give it a fair shot, esp. after the WOFF episodes on it.

On the other hand, responsible me keeps looking at my copy of PoE2, an objectively better game, and thinking "How many times have you re-started that game, gotten past the first island, and then totally lost interest?"

And yet...

Tyranny is on Game pass as well, just sayin

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
It is but I'm a sucker who wants to play it through with all the dlc.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Objective Action posted:

S?ord Legacy Omen 36C?3-WCGNP-2YAZQ
Thanks

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Memnaelar posted:

It is but I'm a sucker who wants to play it through with all the dlc.

It says Gold Edition, is that not all of it?

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

Objective Action posted:

?antasy Versus I9DWJ-0M40R-DC?A3
snagged this

pradmer
Mar 31, 2009

Follow me for more books on special!

Objective Action posted:

Battle ?hef Brigade 2G8W?-ZK6IZ-Z32GW

Shocked I got this. Thanks!

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

It says Gold Edition, is that not all of it?

Huh. I recall it just being the base when I checked like two months ago. Thanks!

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

I enjoyed playing Project Warlock more than the other retro shooters, but I wouldn't necessarily say its a better game. I just enjoyed its gameplay more than the other.

It is sorta the exact opposite of Ion Fury. Ion Fury, like the build games it imitates, has big sprawling messy levels which are easy to get lost in and usually have a lot of key card hunting. It has a lot of hitscan enemies you need to deal with.

Project Warlock is a silly game with tight levels focused on combat. There are lots of secrets but the path through is always clear. Its levels have no verticality and play like a twinstick shooter from a first person perspective. Its later episodes have really cool looking levels with fun enemies (I love the arctic The Thing section).

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
FYI for anyone else checking, Tyranny left Game Pass in November. :(

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Oh drat I just did a search for it, I forgot this app does other things that aren't related to Game Pass

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

quote:

Pathfinde? Kingmaker 2G2CW-DLZF?-FE98B

Somebody took this and didn't claim it! :argh:

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

Objective Action posted:

?haos Reborn YLX92-20KXD-IC8?P

Thanks for this one!

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

pradmer posted:

Shocked I got this. Thanks!

Battle Chef Brigade is actually really good. Best game in the stack, IMO.

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost
I might have missed it previously in the thread, but a new gameplay teaser for Atomic Heart came out a couple of days ago. I've been looking forward to this for quite a while...kinda makes me think "Stalker on acid".

There's also a 10 minute gameplay vid from a little over a year ago, if you want a longer look.

Steam still doesn't have an actual release date, but I'm hopeful that the new teaser means it's not too far away.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Iverron posted:

Have they said how they're handling respeccing?

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
So Final Fantasy XV came out on PC Game Pass, which is awesome since I wanted to try it after dumping a ton of time into DQ11. However, the game is a stuttery mess with a gamepad enabled. Apparently there's a fix called Special K that deals with this, however reading through the Steam discussions the dev isn't going to make it work with the MS Store version. So, drat, guess I'm not gonna play this after all

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

lol what why would a gamepad do that

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

lol what why would a gamepad do that

There's an issue with it constantly switching between keyboard and button prompts. Easily reproducible too, I boot the game up with a gamepad on, the main menu is laggy, game stutters like crazy. I turn the gamepad off and navigate using just my keyboard, buttery smooth

Edit: Said screw it and just went back to playing more Rez

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Zereth posted:

Have they said how they're handling respeccing?

It costs a tiny amount of skill currency in the Beta and they've said it works the same in the release version. You can respec both your skill tree and your attributes. And the skill upgrades don't even have a cost, you just switch them whenever you want to experiment.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
Valve has released a new version of Proton, if you are one of those linux weirdos.

https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Proton/releases/tag/proton-5.0-1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Hot diggety! I've not been able to use the latest version of proton for ages as it vaporized on init, and just noticed a few days ago that suddenly 4-11 works great - Almost good enough to get few a difficult titles working again.

There's a lot of blather on about stuff like Epic games launcher and whatnot, but idgaf, Steam's efforts in linux puts it way ahead of the competition