Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Rinkles posted:

it's akin to a cult

Chairman Capone posted:

The funny thing is the prequels that the nerds hate are also jam-packed with stuff mined from the early OT drafts, but go in a different direction with the aesthetics, which shows what sort of references really matter to that set.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
I want RLM to do an Inside the Actors Studio type show, but instead of some cinema auteur it's 90 minutes of Mike talking to Dan Aykroyd about ghosts and aliens while they're both slamming hooch.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

So the people who like and defend the loving prequels don't believe that they are the nerds?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

communism bitch posted:

I want RLM to do an Inside the Actors Studio type show, but instead of some cinema auteur it's 90 minutes of Mike talking to Dan Aykroyd about ghosts and aliens while they're both slamming hooch.

ends with them fighting and destroying the set due to incompatible demon/spirit categorization

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
We do not speak of beardless j*sh itt

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The garbage pail adult

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Blessed chats: star track, tim

Cursed chats: s*** w***, j*sh

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Hi all I'm on the road atm but queuing up movies as soon as I get back

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
How about a Rollerball (1975) and Rollerball (2002) double feature

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
man Rollerball and Murderball really need to switch names

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

No Mods No Masters posted:

Not to bring up the forbidden S*** W*** in the jenny/culk/star trek thread but I finally went in the S*** W*** forum and lol at the prequel thread

Found anything good for a laugh falling out the back of that truck?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
IT'S FRIDAY
Reign has a new job interview on Sunday so we'll see how it goes!

MOVIE ONE

This movie is about japanese and chinese relations during world war 2. I didn't know that when I decided to queue it!

MOVIE TWO

Spooky story! Horror inside!

MOVIE THREE

90's kung fu movie to wrap the night!

See them all at http://psp-tv.com/r/LepersColony at 8 PM EST, that's 37 minutes from now!

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It’s just one of those rare threads where two mutually opposed echo chambers, long stewed, smash into each other- with fully all the frustration and awkwardness you’d expect. In many ways it represents the first contact CD has had with the outside world since ancient times

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richland_High_School_shooting

quote:

The Richland High School shooting was a school shooting that occurred on Wednesday, November 15, 1995,[1] in Lynnville, Tennessee, a small community located in Giles County. Seventeen-year-old James Ellison "Jamie" Rouse, a senior student at the school, killed one teacher and one student, and seriously wounded another teacher.[2]

Rouse was convicted as an adult of one count of first-degree murder, one count of second-degree murder, and one count of first-degree attempted murder. He was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole plus 42 years.[5] As of January 2016 he was up for resentencing due to Miller v. Alabama and Montgomery v. Louisiana.[6][7] Rouse is currently incarcerated in the South Central Correctional Facility.[8]

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

It’s just one of those rare threads where two mutually opposed echo chambers, long stewed, smash into each other- with fully all the frustration and awkwardness you’d expect. In many ways it represents the first contact CD has had with the outside world since ancient times

I think that the thread has thus far set an incredibly high standard for mutually antagonistic groups attempting to talk to eachother in an honest up front way about our differences!

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

reignofevil posted:

MOVIE THREE

90's kung fu movie to wrap the night!

Tokyo Fist is good and last week Arrow announced a pretty comprehensive Shinya Tsukamoto box set that includes it.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:lol:

:lol:

"School Shooter!? Is that an occupation?"

How do you second degree murder with a gun?

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

reignofevil posted:

IT'S FRIDAY
Reign has a new job interview on Sunday so we'll see how it goes!

MOVIE TWO

Spooky story! Horror inside!

See them all at http://psp-tv.com/r/LepersColony at 8 PM EST, that's 37 minutes from now!

Oh man! The Evil Within! The production of the movie sounded like a complete mess so this should be good!

Also good luck on the job interview Reign!

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Bongo Bill posted:

Learning to let go of fandom and popular consensus, come at things with an open mind, and appreciate the Star Wars prequels as the good, weird, misremembered movies they are, has made me better at watching movies. I literally now enjoy all movies better now than I did before.

Sorry for Star Wars chat, but it was brought up earlier, whoever described the prequel defenders giving off this cult-like vibe was spot on.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Feb 8, 2020

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream
My feelings on the Ep 1 and 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tim5nU3DwIE

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
just watched killer klowns in a rowdy theatre shouting poo poo at the screen, having a p decent time.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

reignofevil posted:

I think that the thread has thus far set an incredibly high standard for mutually antagonistic groups attempting to talk to eachother in an honest up front way about our differences!
talking to each other in spite of don't liking a star war... maybe there is hope for humanity after all...

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Randarkman posted:

Sorry for Star Wars chat, but it was brought up earlier, whoever described the prequel defenders giving off this cult-like vibe was spot on.

How early in the discussion did someone say: "Prequel haters are unhappy people." ?

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

I hadn't taken a look at the star wars forum since it opened. just took a peek at the prequels thread, my gosh. it's like the CD star wars thread kicked in to a higher gear. there's so much fresh blood for the thread to consume, I love it. I can't wait to see what kind of deranged arguments are going to come out in full force.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

That new best of the worst was fantastic, my cheeks hurt from laughing so much by the end. Tim getting progressively more shithammered towards the end of the recap segment was the best.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

communism bitch posted:

I'd pay to see this.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Randarkman posted:

the prequeldome gives off the vibe of a thousand MisterBibs crying out at once.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Randarkman posted:

now see, where you went wrong here is that you decided to engage in that thread and post arguments. as me and No Mods No Masters can attest to, there is no light at the end of the tunnel. tune out, turn up, enjoy the posts, but do not get invested in those arguments.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

piratepilates posted:

now see, where you went wrong here is that you decided to engage in that thread and post arguments. as me and No Mods No Masters can attest to, there is no light at the end of the tunnel. tune out, turn up, enjoy the posts, but do not get invested in those arguments.

It's too late for me.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Every prequel discussion ultimately arrives at an argument about whether all of the protagonists being stupid and unlikable is a bug or a feature.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

People literally say that the Anakin and Padme dialogue felt like real dialogue between awkward people. Like somehow bad writing and actor direction can't exist.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Threepio got into some hijinks at a droid factory, what more do you fuckers want?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

There are heroes on both sides. Bad posts are everywhere.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Randarkman posted:

People literally say that the Anakin and Padme dialogue felt like real dialogue between awkward people. Like somehow bad writing and actor direction can't exist.

To me it felt very much like 1930s screwball romantic comedies, which I love and watch on TCM all the time. So I dug it. Also Anakin is the most emo character ever put to screen, so much so I'm impressed George Lucas wrote it. Where the hell did he pull that much emo from

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

John Wick of Dogs posted:

To me it felt very much like 1930s screwball romantic comedies, which I love and watch on TCM all the time. So I dug it. Also Anakin is the most emo character ever put to screen, so much so I'm impressed George Lucas wrote it. Where the hell did he pull that much emo from

That is a recurring theme in the CD Star Wars thread (and presumably the prequels one if they move on from the "slaves in the republic??") and there seems to be a decent amount of material supporting it.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Is Euphronius crazy?

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Randarkman posted:

Is Euphronius crazy?

I have read his posts in the Star Wars thread and in the NBA thread for a while and yes, yes he is.

Sixers suck by the way.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Randarkman posted:

Is Euphronius crazy?

I love his whole "The horse aliens are an intelligent, enslaved species an not just race horses so who cares that they didn't save the human slave children in TLJ?" shtick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Mike’s joke about Father Time knowing exactly when to pull out was a good joke