Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I like the bit where wolf asks about Starfox's metal legs and he shows him that he just has normal legs by dropping his trousers, so a guard walks by and gets the wrong idea. Thought that was funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp
It is legitimately incredible to see what just one man can create when the drive is there.

I really appreciate the early Adult Swim feel to the whole thing. It has a great bit of style.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

FilthyImp posted:

Star Wolf looking thirsty as gently caress.

Dude is deffo lipsticking in those army issued jodhpurs

That’s a specific as heck term you use there fella

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

FilthyImp posted:

Star Wolf looking thirsty as gently caress.

Dude is deffo lipsticking in those army issued jodhpurs

:yikes:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i don't know what that expression means, but i do think wolf and fox should kiss

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
If Smash Bros is any indication, Wolf is almost canonically a leather daddy.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Guys, I think we’re starting to go too far with these remakes.

https://twitter.com/DiscussingMovie/status/1224767791493984256

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Lmao what the gently caress

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
It's fake y'all

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It is not only fake but an old fake.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
It is with great sadness that I report the Fox in Space channel appears to have several videos concerning fursuit...helmets(? heads?) on the front page. I can't say I'm surprised but at least the little vignettes are good.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

It is with great sadness that I report the Fox in Space channel appears to have several videos concerning fursuit...helmets(? heads?) on the front page. I can't say I'm surprised but at least the little vignettes are good.

I mean honestly it's hard to muster much feeling either way towards furries in the year of our lord two thousand and twenty. It's weird, but frankly who even cares at this point. Animation's cool and what the artist does in their free time isn't my concern (with some exceptions obviously)

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Who cares

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The year is 2020. People who gently caress wearing animal suits are so loving far down the ladder at this point. Who gives a poo poo?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Even tho it’s fake I can see Disney doing a live action Lilo & Stitch, but they wouldn’t make Stitch gross looking, they’d baby Yoda the poo poo out of him.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

ruddiger posted:

Even tho it’s fake I can see Disney doing a live action Lilo & Stitch, but they wouldn’t make Stitch gross looking, they’d baby Yoda the poo poo out of him.

They are doing one. That image is fake but Disney said back in 2018 that they would do a live action L&S movie.

The rumor now is that it'll be Disney+ only and will be shooting later this year in Hawaii.

That's why the image is circulating at the moment.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
It's true that they're far down the ladder at this point, especially with Real Nazis running about. There's just a weirdness about the faces to the suits, almost like an uncanny valley effect that gives me a weird vibe. But like I said, I can't argue with the work the guy puts out.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

It’s with great sadness that i report you’re a dick

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

were people watching Fox in Space and not just assuming the creator was a furry

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

It's true that they're far down the ladder at this point, especially with Real Nazis running about.

The absolute weirdest thing is the legit Nazi furries.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Furries have been a million times better at expunging nazis from their communities than the us government

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

The_Doctor posted:

Remember SA user Literal Nazi Furry?

Wonder if he's still around.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

The_Doctor posted:

With how many furries that like to pretend they are wolves, that is the least surprising thing.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

good, I'm glad

hallelujah
Jan 26, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
my opinion on furries has done a complete 180 to the point where nowadays i trust a person more if i find out they have a fursuit and are honest about it

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

It's true that they're far down the ladder at this point, especially with Real Nazis running about. There's just a weirdness about the faces to the suits, almost like an uncanny valley effect that gives me a weird vibe. But like I said, I can't argue with the work the guy puts out.

drat, can't believe the person interested or doing the space canine cartoon likes animals

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Literally the only places that still care about furries are SA and 4chan, and the latter is barely concealed hatred of queer people.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Hedrigall posted:

That’s a specific as heck term you use there fella

Also wrong. Wolf is not wearing jodhpurs! As we can clearly see, he's wearing ordinary trousers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1NuN_bCXjk

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDEQyK5ZH-E

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Yep, that's probably going to be great. They even got the guy who did the Hereditary music to do the soundtrack.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm finally watching the final season of Samurai Jack. It's super good. Is the movie still in development? I remember J.J. Abram's Bad Robot studios was attached but that probably got sidetracked with Star Wars.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

The final season is what the movie ended up becoming, IIRC. You can definitely tell from how tightly choreographed the first three episodes and interviews with him in the intervening years that it was what Genndy had had in mind for the opening half.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Detective No. 27 posted:

I'm finally watching the final season of Samurai Jack. It's super good. Is the movie still in development? I remember J.J. Abram's Bad Robot studios was attached but that probably got sidetracked with Star Wars.

No, that got cancelled. The final season is the conclusion to the series, and it doesn't leave any loose plot threads.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I figured the movie would have been it's own thing and not a continuation of the series.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Regalingualius posted:

The final season is what the movie ended up becoming, IIRC. You can definitely tell from how tightly choreographed the first three episodes and interviews with him in the intervening years that it was what Genndy had had in mind for the opening half.

That's weirdly plausible because everything involving teen girl assassin falling in love with the middle-aged man holding her captive against her will was really bad and felt like filler. I could totally see how excising that entire character and sybplot but keeping the same opening (Jack has an existential crisis from losing the sword and killing a person for the first time) and ending (overcomes his self-doubt by reclaiming the sword and is able to return to the past and defeat Aku with the help of all the allies he made over the course of the show) would make for a nice tight little movie.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Sleeveless posted:

That's weirdly plausible because everything involving teen girl assassin falling in love with the middle-aged man holding her captive against her will was really bad and felt like filler. I could totally see how excising that entire character and sybplot but keeping the same opening (Jack has an existential crisis from losing the sword and killing a person for the first time) and ending (overcomes his self-doubt by reclaiming the sword and is able to return to the past and defeat Aku with the help of all the allies he made over the course of the show) would make for a nice tight little movie.

A lot of those never made sense to me. Like the killing thing, he's seen people get killed before such as the episode where he reminisces about the past and sees what are blatant expires of Lone Wolf and Cub kill some assailants, and he definitely killed the bounty hunters after him in the Princess and Bounty Hunters, at least three of whom were human. The concept of him overcoming Aku with help of everyone he's menton his journey would have been awesome and while we got something a bit like it, it wasn't quite what I had in mind.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
So has anyone seen Weathering With You yet? It’s the new film from the creator of Your Name.’

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

theblackw0lf posted:

So has anyone seen Weathering With You yet? It’s the new film from the creator of Your Name.’

I saw it last year, it’s pretty good but you could read some climate change denial into the ending which makes me wonder about Shinkai...

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

theblackw0lf posted:

I was ready to like it but the third act kind of lost me. Your Name is better in every possible way imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Toy sotry four won best animat rip