Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Rick posted:

I'm trying to decide if I'd rather have Reggie Jackson or Rondo.

To his credit, when he's been healthy this year he's been getting buckets. To his debit, he is made of glass and pinewood and other things of that nature

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/spidadmitchell/status/1226048778550906880
God dammit Donovan, at least they don't play the Blazers again this year, or else Dame would go off for like 60

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Dame time continuing after the game on Twitter.

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010
I'll never forget Reggie's first game for the Pistons, he first signed some autographs and got giddy, then he couldn't score in the 1st half, so he took a vomit break, and finished the game with 17 pts.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
https://twitter.com/Dame_Lillard/status/1226047443545968640

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

MelancholyMark posted:

https://twitter.com/spidadmitchell/status/1226048778550906880
God dammit Donovan, at least they don't play the Blazers again this year, or else Dame would go off for like 60

April 2nd in Portland.

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

Redgrendel2001 posted:

April 2nd in Portland.

Wait what, I thought that was the 4th. Ah poo poo, that's an L

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
My new favorite pastime is reading the poorly translated comments on the Youtube channel of a Turkish guy who posts Furkan Korkmaz and Cedi Osman highlights

a sample for your enjoyment (or not):

quote:

How many times I watched the video and watched it, I was glad as if every shot was shot myself

Furkan made me cry in an NBA match for the first time in my life. I seriously cried from pride.

"I made it rain" They filled me with pride morning and morning, thank you, pasha.

Halal furkii was one of the rare things that made us laugh at these difficult days.

Masha'Allah it is not possible not to be proud

I stood my lion, my king and if the ball was fouled when he was 3, know that it is the match of furka. The person who makes my day beautiful. Now is your time. I know very early, but next year giannis and lebron try to choose you. Nothing is impossible.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
I told Dame not to mess with Nuggetsfan5280

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Kings, bitch

This was sick though, can’t believe he’s only 22

https://twitter.com/ballislife/status/1226014614887882752?s=21

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

The Maestro posted:

https://twitter.com/ballislife/status/1226014614887882752?s=21
I did not know that, drat.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Paperback Writer posted:

I did not know that, drat.

Adebayo, PJ Washington, Tyler Herro all proving the draft heuristic "draft the UK guys, even if they didn't do that much at UK" pretty true

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
https://twitter.com/mellentuck/status/1225852197835100160

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Makes sense. In the cold months he does absolutely nothing and could die if you put him out there, but when the weather warms up he’s active and eating.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Jazz really needed a win so the goaltending non call was good imho

Dejan Bimble posted:

Adebayo, PJ Washington, Tyler Herro all proving the draft heuristic "draft the UK guys, even if they didn't do that much at UK" pretty true

yeah but kevin knox

Washington and Herro were both good at UK. Washington was pretty much universially considered a lottery pick it's not that weird that he's good.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Feb 8, 2020

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Dame owns.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Reggie Jackson is an awesome 6th man

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Dejan Bimble posted:

What about Kevin Knox

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

MourningView posted:

Jazz really needed a win so the goaltending non call was good imho

yeah but kevin knox

Washington and Herro were both good at UK. Washington was pretty much universially considered a lottery pick it's not that weird that he's good.

Well the reason I described it as a heuristic is because It's true most of the time. You're better off doing it than not doing it

If Keldon Johnson becomes a solid player soon I think this will be etched in stone.

Just draft the top recruit UK guy is a much better rule than "draft the top recruit duke guy' that one will get you fired

As for Kevin Knox he had some glaring red flags, he wasnt just another guy with depressed stats on a deep team

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Feb 8, 2020

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Kevin Knox doesn't count because he was drafted by the Knicks

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

I did not want to see the Jazz drop 6 straight. More than that I didn’t want it to end in such a fashion, against someone like Dame, destroyer of dynasties.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Dejan Bimble posted:

Well the reason I described it as a heuristic is because It's true most of the time. You're better off doing it than not doing it

If Keldon Johnson becomes a solid player soon I think this will be etched in stone.

Just draft the top recruit UK guy is a much better rule than "draft the top recruit duke guy' that one will get you fired

As for Kevin Knox he had some glaring red flags, he wasnt just another guy with depressed stats on a deep team

if a guy’s at duke for more than one year you don’t want him

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
A win is a win but is weird Donovan is gloating a bit. I mean I guess it’s not but oh well. Can’t wait for them to play again. Also is this the 2nd or 3rd time in like a month Gobert “got away” with a goaltending or foul in a crucial scenario? Or there was at least one but then the other he did get hit with a foul??

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

soggybagel posted:

A win is a win but is weird Donovan is gloating a bit. I mean I guess it’s not but oh well. Can’t wait for them to play again. Also is this the 2nd or 3rd time in like a month Gobert “got away” with a goaltending or foul in a crucial scenario? Or there was at least one but then the other he did get hit with a foul??

Can't fault anyone for celebrating a win, plus the goal tend may have decided the game but the Jazz still put in a ton of work too.

With that being said Donovan Mitchell is totally the type of guy to gloat after winning on bullshit.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

soggybagel posted:

The measure of a star is the degree to which the rules are selectively applied to you

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

soggybagel posted:

Yeah, he wasn't called for a clear foul against Ingram on a layup to tie (or was it to win?) at the end of one game against the Pels and then got gifted free throws from the lightest of contact on an inbounds (I've seen much more egregious contact go uncalled a multitude of times) to tie another game against the Pels and force OT (or win, but he missed).

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Metapod posted:

Kevin Knox doesn't count because he was drafted by the Knicks

Look I was trying very hard not to bring up Trey Lyles because i'm still very angry at that pick

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
That is an issue I have with the way games are reffed. On one hand, it’s cool that they let them play hard at the end of games and in the playoffs. But on the other hand, why do they ref one way all game and all season, but suddenly switch it up? It’s definitely bit the Kings in the rear end a few times this season, with blatant fouls not being called in the final few seconds. I just want consistency.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

The Maestro posted:

I was trying to bring this up a few weeks ago. Every time I've seen Adebayo he's been very impressive. I really think he's on a sort of Pascal Siakim course where he's going to keep improving by leaps and bounds and be one of the best front court players in the league in a few years.

Would be nice if he could start adding the 3 to his game.

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

DeimosRising posted:

The measure of a star is the degree to which the rules are selectively applied to you

Yea if Gobert wasn’t 2x dpoy there’s no way they wouldn’t have immediately called that goal tending or the foul on BI a few weeks ago. Explaining how reputation and star power affect ref calls was one of the most confusing things for my friend to learn when she was getting into bball.

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/J_Micou/status/1226144839252807682

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

the refs are always up to no good but it's challenging to keep track of what everyone's deal is. I know some of them, including Tony Brothers, get off on not calling fouls on the interior (especially to punish home teams) but really love calling touch fouls on the perimeter. Some are the complete opposite. Others get pissy when their call gets over turned , both by replay and by other refs. Often you get 3 who have different styles all together which makes it even weirder. Refs are all cops and they conspire against good and honourable teams, players, and poster. But i'll have you know that like cops, their power can be overcome by grassroots efforts, and those with true hearts and generous spirits will always win out.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1226199899986853888?s=19

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

oh dang that’s kinda surprising but i guess it makes sense if you’re not extending him

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Isn't he worse than Courtney Lee? I've seen rumors they were interested in trading for MKG but I was under the impression he has gotten worse at defense and basically has no offensive game. Am I wrong?

CoolRanch
Apr 5, 2019

Spacebump posted:

Isn't he worse than Courtney Lee? I've seen rumors they were interested in trading for MKG but I was under the impression he has gotten worse at defense and basically has no offensive game. Am I wrong?

Carlisle might be able to work his magic ala Tim Hardaway Jr.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

I doubt MKG will ever have an offensive game.

I haven't watched enough of him recently to have an opinion about whether or not his defensive reputation still holds water.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

mkg is potentially a very interesting small ball 5 who can switch on anyone (or could, dunno if he’s still got it)

i think the rockets would be interested

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

am i the only deranged idiot who immediately thinks of this every time i see MKG come up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

R.D. Mangles posted:

am i the only deranged idiot who immediately thinks of this every time i see MKG come up

Nope