Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Winter is OVER, which means it's time for the premier event of Speedweeks: LOL ARCA AT DAYTONA.

FS1 now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
RACE CARS. ON MY TV.

Juicy Juice
Nov 12, 2011

Where we're going, we don't need roads...
Already a wreck on lap 1, ARCA is back boys!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

A restart was waved off because the orange cone was in the middle of the backstretch.

If that's not peak ARCA, I don't know what is.

e- Like, just look at it:
https://twitter.com/steveluvender/status/1226271806220271617

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Feb 9, 2020

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:worship::devil:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Only in arca could the door fly off a car that doesn't have doors

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

big nipples big life posted:

Only in arca could the door fly off a car that doesn't have doors

please do not insult GMS engineering

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Lmao that shot of the 28 leaving the pits

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
Twitter is murmuring that the pace car was hit during the last (I think?) red flag. No video of it since it was completely glossed over during the race broadcast.

But this is ARCA. It isn't the first time it's happened.

https://twitter.com/Basso488/status/886231388587933697

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i believe the pace car checked up and caused a bunch of cars to collide, but wasn't touched itself

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

NASCAR is dumb and gay

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

These guys watched yesterday's ARCA race and went "I'VE GOT YOUR CLOWNSHOES RIGHT HERE".

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
"Hold my beer...."

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.

WindyMan posted:

NASCAR is dumb and gay

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

false, because I'd watch NASCAR again if it were gay

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

that race ruled

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

so guys i’m thinking of getting into nascar

i watched a few race replays from 2019 and i enjoyed them

so now i feel like i should go to a race this year. how’s atlanta? whats the best race in the south worth going to?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Depends on how broadly you want to define "south," but I'd recommend Bristol or Martinsville. Short tracks rule.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
Martinsville is fun but Bristol is more of an experience. The scale of the track is insane and the race is usually pretty good.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

sudo rm -rf posted:

so now i feel like i should go to a race this year. how’s atlanta? whats the best race in the south worth going to?

Atlanta's arguably the best of the cookie cutter tracks. Bristol, Martinsville, Daytona, and Talladega would be on my "South" short list. You could also throw Darlington and Charlotte in as well.

I realize I named off most every track in the South other than Richmond and Homestead, but that's me coming to the realization that all of those are good in their own ways.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

CBJSprague24 posted:

Atlanta's arguably the best of the cookie cutter tracks. Bristol, Martinsville, Daytona, and Talladega would be on my "South" short list. You could also throw Darlington and Charlotte in as well.

I realize I named off most every track in the South other than Richmond and Homestead, but that's me coming to the realization that all of those are good in their own ways.

*growing chants of Toval can be heard in the background*

sudo rm -rf posted:

just a note that this is might be the last year that nascar is gonna look like it has for the last decade or so

for 2021, they're going to be renegotiating the track schedule and introducing their next generation car which is going to be a but more on the sportscar side of things if the tech deno reports are accurate

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.

sudo rm -rf posted:

Watch Xfinity races, the Firecracker 250 was dope.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
https://twitter.com/billmcclure3/status/1226969076746084363?s=19

Some days I love twitter.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

somebody send that guy the hilux episodes of top gear.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

It's Toyota they're the terrorists...

People sometimes. The internet was a mistake.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I mean let's keep it funky, it's probably the official importer to Saudi or elsewhere in the GCC that is then selling Hiluxes out the back door to people who then get them to the kinds of guys who mount guns in the back.

same way that newer Mercedes wound up in North Korea for Kim to use.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
You don't need to even look up the guys other tweets, they are exactly what you think they would be like.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

It's like a parody account but it's real.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Steve Phelps was on SXM this morning and was indirectly non-committal on the Clash running next year, that tracks in states such as Washington, Oregon, and Colorado wouldn't get NXS or Truck races unless they met the Cup standards for both fan experience and safety, and heavily indicated a street course at/around a football stadium is likely.

Also:
https://twitter.com/MarcusSMI/status/1227308031228235776

I can't believe I'm sympathizing with a member of the Smith family. The MLS NASCAR-style fall from grace once people stop caring about soccer again will be interesting, too.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Feb 12, 2020

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Generally insurgents use simple to maintain pickups that weapons can be mounted on. Most of these just happen to be Japanese.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/dbnewsjournal/status/1227647831340613634?s=21

olé

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

The real question is, will he be eating at Applebee's

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

:lol:
https://twitter.com/A_S12/status/1227740519259832320
:lol:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Yes, I'm very sure NASCAR will take a date from itself if this continues

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

:wtc:

Well, there's NASCAR's justification for taking races from Dover and Pocono in favor of ISC properties.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

CBJSprague24 posted:

:wtc:

Well, there's NASCAR's justification for taking races from Dover and Pocono in favor of ISC properties.

And nothing of value was lost.

But they'll just give em to kansas and chicago so it's a wash.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

lol even the night race at bristol will get penalized.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Also, been a good week. Met Bubba, who was loving awesome. Met Tony and Larson again, which was fun. Got lots of dirt thrown in my face, and had a loving blast.

All in all went to four nights of dirt for less than a Daytona ticket, and bonus no trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

CBJSprague24 posted:

I can't believe I'm sympathizing with a member of the Smith family. The MLS NASCAR-style fall from grace once people stop caring about soccer again will be interesting, too.

I hate to break it to you but idk if that's gonna happen