Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I want to see a route where Saber is summoned by Tiny Murder Machine instead of Shiro, and they go on a merry revenge spree.

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Feb 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

AlternateNu posted:

I want to see a route where Saber is summoned by Tiny Murder Machine instead of Shiro, and they go on a merry revenge spree.

Get revenge on who though?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Hunt11 posted:

It's Fate, there's always options.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Hunt11 posted:

Off the top of my head:

1. Shirou.
2. Rin.
3. The Matous (Sakura, Shinji, Zouken).

For Shirou, it'd be pretty much the same reasons as in the original story - she wants revenge on Kiritsugu for betraying the Einzberns and abandoning her, and since Kiritsugu is already dead by this point, she'll take it out on Shirou, the child that Kiritsugu abandoned her for.

For Rin and the Matous, it's because even though their families originally collaborated with the Einzberns to set up all the systems for the War and provide the land for it, by not just letting the Einzberns take first dibs and instead attempting to acquire the Grail for their own ends, they're effectively preventing the Einzberns from pulling out of their slow decline. So, you know, typical Nasuverse mage politics.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Question: Did Illya ever interact with Saber in either Novel or Anime Fate/Zero?

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Wark Say posted:

Question: Did Illya ever interact with Saber in either Novel or Anime Fate/Zero?

It's been a while since I read the novel, but I don't believe they directly interacted, no.

Saber did see Ilya and was aware of her, but IIRC the explanation is that she didn't put two and two together and thought the Ilya in Stay Night was a different homunculus.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Which is fair, since iirc all einzbern homunculi are physically identical copies of Justeaze.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Which is fair, since iirc all einzbern homunculi are physically identical copies of Justeaze.

I'm not sure about that. The maids do not look similar to Irisviel. And even if they are, Illya is a completely unique existence as a half-human hybrid.

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

Your gacha-bragging struck a nerve and accidentally set off my self-defense instincts. Sorry about that.

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'm not sure about that. The maids do not look similar to Irisviel. And even if they are, Illya is a completely unique existence as a half-human hybrid.

IIRC Nasu explained it as Saber didn't realize they were the same person because she pretty naturally expected Ilya to be an adult instead of still looking like a young girl due to the time that had passed between Zero and FSN.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Blaze Dragon posted:

The maids were specifically built by Illya though.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

They're built by Acht and the actual Einzberns, who we never actually see.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Rody One Half posted:

They're built by Acht and the actual Einzberns, who we never actually see.

That because there are no actual human Einzbern anymore. By the fourth war the family was already just a self replicating homunculus factory.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I mean I know Acht's a golem yeah.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Sometimes I forget that basically all the adults in the main FSN timeline are a bunch of barely functioning fuckups and that, despite having PTSD, Waver/El-Melloi II is probably the most well-adjusted of the bunch.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Wark Say posted:

Sometimes I forget that basically all the adults in the main FSN timeline are a bunch of barely functioning fuckups and that, despite having PTSD, Waver/El-Melloi II is probably the most well-adjusted of the bunch.

Mage society really, really sucks and encourages people to become broken, abusive, horrible human beings focused entirely on research and power at the cost of everything else.

It is of no surprise that the only good person that came out of it was Waver, who is more than slightly disliked by it and also against everything it stands for.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
When you think about how awful mages are, you can kind of understand how sick Emiya would get of cleaning up after their messes, and why the planet would need an immune response in the first place

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
one of the core themes of fate being "old money families are fuckin' garbage" is a thing i will always appreciate

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Gundam x TMverse: Adults are garbage

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Let us discuss Episode 16 of Babylonia, mongrels!

(Surprised our heroes didn't have to fight through more Lahmu or Dark Ushis compared to in-game)

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Dark Ushi isn’t done yet.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Argas posted:

Gundam x TMverse: Adults are garbage

i really feel like it's specifically rich people, not just adults

the adults who aren't bonkers rich are totally fine (the Fujimuras are well-off, but not to the level where Taiga doesn't have to work, and she's totally fine; Kuzuki's pretty much all but stated to be an alright dude, if kind of frightening, when he's not put in opposition to the protags; the couple who get hypnotized into thinking Waver's their grandson in Zero are pretty good people)

meanwhile, out of the kids who grew up in direct connection to old magus money, you've got Rin, who turned out fine because she was largely isolated from it after Tokiomi died, Shinji, who is just absolute human garbage, and Sakura and Illya, who were basically just pawns and/or victims of that old money rather than having any real meaningful privilege as a result of it.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

What about Luvia?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Dude the fujimarus are involved in organized crime

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
But the good kind of organized crime.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Galaga Galaxian posted:

What about Luvia?
Luvia does the "Ohohoho!" laughs, wrestles, really just wants to be friends with Rin and SherouShirou. She's not the best but she ain't all bad.

She's basically like Clair/L'Arachel/Maribelle, except maybe not awesome as any of those 3 girls.

GyroNinja
Nov 7, 2012

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

i really feel like it's specifically rich people, not just adults

the adults who aren't bonkers rich are totally fine (the Fujimuras are well-off, but not to the level where Taiga doesn't have to work, and she's totally fine; Kuzuki's pretty much all but stated to be an alright dude, if kind of frightening, when he's not put in opposition to the protags; the couple who get hypnotized into thinking Waver's their grandson in Zero are pretty good people)

meanwhile, out of the kids who grew up in direct connection to old magus money, you've got Rin, who turned out fine because she was largely isolated from it after Tokiomi died, Shinji, who is just absolute human garbage, and Sakura and Illya, who were basically just pawns and/or victims of that old money rather than having any real meaningful privilege as a result of it.

"Put in opposition to the protags" is a pretty big euphemism for "was a-okay sacrificing an entire town full of innocent people for the sake of his waifu". Like, Kuzuki's not as big of a monster as Zouken or as sadistic as Kotomine, but calling him an alright dude is a pretty big stretch.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Shirou is also okay with sacrificing a town for his waifu in heavens feel.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

id kill hundreds or thousands on sakuras behalf

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Stairmaster posted:

Dude the fujimarus are involved in organized crime

fujimura, you secondary

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I can't tell all these lesbians apart

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Wark Say posted:

Luvia does the "Ohohoho!" laughs, wrestles, really just wants to be friends with Rin and SherouShirou. She's not the best but she ain't all bad.

She's basically like Clair/L'Arachel/Maribelle, except maybe not awesome as any of those 3 girls.

Except Reines is the best ojou in Fate. :colbert:

Hunt11 posted:

Gil + Kirei, Shirou, and the entire Matou clan. You could even have the internal conflict when Tiny Murder Machine wants to go all murdery on Shirou, and Saber realizes he's not like Kiritsugu.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Illya was being goaded by the grail into completing the ritual, she probably has no idea that Gil and Kirei even exist

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

OnimaruXLR posted:

Illya was being goaded by the grail into completing the ritual, she probably has no idea that Gil and Kirei even exist

I was never JUST talking about revenge for Illya. I'm pretty sure Saber would've loved a chance to gut Gil. (Though, I honestly don't remember how she reacted to him in their final fight during Fate. So maybe revenge-y would be a bad characterization.) If I was just talking about Illya, the pair up wouldn't matter because she was already doing that poo poo with Berserker.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Saber isn't particularly emotionally invested in Gilgamesh beyond him being That Jackass she has to stab.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
If she found out that Kirei killed Irisviel then I am sure Saber would be down for dealing with them. Outside of that most of the trauma at the moment was from Kiritsugu once again being an rear end in a top hat.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

GyroNinja posted:

"Put in opposition to the protags" is a pretty big euphemism for "was a-okay sacrificing an entire town full of innocent people for the sake of his waifu". Like, Kuzuki's not as big of a monster as Zouken or as sadistic as Kotomine, but calling him an alright dude is a pretty big stretch.

Petter to be killed for a waifu than be killed to keep inflation below 2%.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I kinda wish that F/SN had made Shinji be a little less evil. Like, there was room there for him to be a person who does bad things for understandable reasons and maybe has room for character growth, but then he does a bunch of comically evil poo poo.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I don't really have any problem with Shinji just being an evil rear end in a top hat (His motivation/backstory seems reasonably well established to me anyways in the VN), though it does beg the question why Shirou was ever friends with this guy to begin with.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Shinji was just less of a douchebag in the past. That's it, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I might be a recent returnee to the Fate franchise + asking all these questions because I can barely remember much of the VN in the first place as is, but:
  1. Aren't both of them part of the archery club?
  2. While she normally doesn't talk about her horrifying home life for obvious reasons, Sakura has been going to Shirou's house for a couple years at the start of the story.
It would sorta make sense that Shinji would at least try and keep it civil with Shirou to not arouse suspicions.