Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
This one just bums me out because, y'know...A staggering 1 billion animals are now estimated dead in Australia’s fires.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Yeah but the Earth will still be around. If it has to purge us like a fever, that’s just how it’s gonna go. Maybe a smarter specie will evolve from extremophile archaea in another few million years who won’t gently caress everything up

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Sandpuppy posted:

Dancing with the sunset!

Am I brokebrained if I read that as "URINEGATE?"

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Delonas is really talented at making nightmare fuel. If only he wasn't so loving evil.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Samurai Sanders posted:

Wow, so that umbrella is a metaphor for killing bazillions of people?

Just as interesting is the torrential downpour that represents the absolute necessity for the war-umbrella to protect yourself asap. What exactly this ongoing immediate danger and damage is that Iraq was causing to the US, I do not know :iiam:

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Gaia's already kinda hot.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Katt posted:

I believe Horsey is actively trying to tone down the amount of boobs in his comics to make them seem more professional. It's been a trend lately

It's more that it was always a goon obsession and not a real reflection of his body of work.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

duz posted:

It's more that it was always a goon obsession and not a real reflection of his body of work.

Really? Because when you go back to how older work it's boobs all over. Mostly completely unrelated to the comic itself.

Anyhow.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

How can someone be that bad at caricatures like their giving Rall a run for his money

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

MokBa posted:

How can someone be that bad at caricatures like their giving Rall a run for his money

Yeah that's a loving awful Guloth Kraxx.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
So, what’s the sixth thing?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'd vote for Kodos over Guloth Kraxx, personally.
The sixth thing is the friends we made along the way.

And now, Mike Peters catch up, from Jan 18 on to now. So old stories.

And one I'm not sure the context. ^

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Sandpuppy posted:

Two things happened.

Gaybies nomination Worst A Thing Happened

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Trump is as guilty as OJ. AGC.

Sargon of TN
Nov 7, 2011

Katt posted:

It's 2003 and the silly Dems want a debate on the long term ramifications of invading Iraq.

I recommend everyone looking through Cox and Forkum's archive. Everything they predict is extremely wrong.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Oh my god why would you ever use that reference. I know these dudes are bad at their job but holy gently caress.

E: i guess he really wanted that glove/mitt pun but gently caress man.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Old Boomers get loving ecstatic when they think they get to be the Ready Player One :barf: of political cartoons.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

the kids these days and their sir this is an arby's drivethru, i can do that!

what now zoolenials?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on China's reaction to the coronavirus outbreak – There has been uproar in China over the government’s treatment of Dr Li Wenliang, a doctor threatened by police for sharing his concerns about the virus, from which he has now died"

Telegraph:

Independent:

After WA Bouguereau.

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Sandpuppy posted:

Two things happened.
Mitt Romney voted to convict Trump, and then killed Kirk Douglas.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Fathis Munk posted:

Just as interesting is the torrential downpour that represents the absolute necessity for the war-umbrella to protect yourself asap. What exactly this ongoing immediate danger and damage is that Iraq was causing to the US, I do not know :iiam:

Didn’t G-dub tell some other head of state (I wanna say Jacques Chirac) that he quite sincerely thought this war would bring about the rapture?

I mean obviously the real point was to kill brown people and take their oil, but Bush II came off as a True Believer who thought he was gonna conjure White Jesus and get whisked off to war criminal heaven, the only non-Dantean afterlife.

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Let's make that official:
Gaybies nomination: Most easily reinterpreted

And this nightmare fuel:

Katt posted:

It's just not Horsey without bomb-rear end tittys.

Are those shadows? Did Kirschen put down the crayon for a minute to add some loving shadows?

At this rate he will be making Rall quality politoons in about 40 years.
Gaybies nomination: Worst caricature

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Didn’t G-dub tell some other head of state (I wanna say Jacques Chirac) that he quite sincerely thought this war would bring about the rapture?

Yeah. More precisely he said he was seeing "Gog and Magog at work" in Iraq and so Christendom had to intervene to fulfill the prophecies.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/andrewbrown/2009/aug/10/religion-george-bush

Eulogistics
Aug 30, 2012

Thats the one. I've got a ton of stuff like that somewhere

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Remember the Obamaville ad that literally spliced footage of Obama with osama ben laden.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Context?

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
drat, metal :black101:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Eulogistics posted:

Thats the one. I've got a ton of stuff like that somewhere

Now I wish I'd kept that booklet that came in the mail here about "Dreams From My Real Father" about how Frank Marshall Davis was Obama's real father and how Obama was a super communist because of it.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.

Cloud Potato posted:

Stephen Collins:

:smith:

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Katt posted:

It's just not Horsey without bomb-rear end tittys.

Are those shadows? Did Kirschen put down the crayon for a minute to add some loving shadows?

At this rate he will be making Rall quality politoons in about 40 years.

What's really amazing is that his Pelosi caricature somehow ends up being less grotesque than his Trump caricature.

Reminder: Kirschen loves Trump.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

This looks more like "AOC with the flu" than Nancy Pelosi.

Nenonen posted:

Context?

If it were American, I'd just assume chum for the election season.

What're the odds a guy named Chiefs would play for the Chiefs?

That Rand caricature is some nightmare fuel.

The spine-crushing dead weight of conservatism is too much for even the biggest RW mouthpiece.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Sandpuppy posted:

I hope Nancy knew from the beginning that No matter how slow, careful and deliberate her actions were in regards to the impeachment, she would still get portrayed as having impeached him on a whim in a whirlwind of impeachment madness. That's the kind of people we're dealing with here.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
Crossposting:

Also:

Sandpuppy posted:

The spine-crushing dead weight of conservatism is too much for even the biggest RW mouthpiece.

Get completely hosed, Cross. Rush has given his full-throated support to the ICE concentration camps and Trump's travel bans. You don't get to draw that piece of poo poo holding up the Statue of loving Liberty.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Trump probably had a fake newspaper printed, like his fake Time cover, to give the appearance of being exonerated. AGC.

quote:

Nobody:

Payne: "Chiefs beat the Nancy Pelosi 49ers! Bet she'll impeach them, haw haw!"

Speaking of derangement...

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Another british paper from the week before:

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Speaking of derangement...

Trump derangement syndrome is real, it's just not what conservatives project it to be.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Love is in the air, back in...

I tried to ease up on the almost-stock kind of political cartoon you'd expect around this time of year.

It's only February, and "Boy, Republicans did not like Romney." already feels a bit stale.

Worse still, this all feels very similar to 2008 and McCain, but worry not: there's plenty of other interesting things going on.

So Romney was seen as the inevitable winner...until Santorum went and won three states in a row. Colorado, Minnesota, and Missouri all went to Santorum, turning him into a possible dark horse candidate.

To bear clear, this primary race WASN'T that close, for reason we'll get into later, but this hat trick did stretch things out another month or so.

It is worth noting that Romney outspent his candidates by a decent amount, so it didn't bode well for his chances in the general that he had to put that that much effort into defeating two has-beens from prior decades.

Conservatives have fought tooth-and-nail against financing reform, even when their own guys propose it. But it's still bad when Obama does it. But not Republicans; because that's a first amendment right. Also this is the first of Ramirez's spirals into text-laden madness.

Despite a lame candidate, you know that good ol' standby is going to be there for when Republicans lose: MEDIAAAAAAAA :argh:

A
I know we discussed the Komen kerfuffle last week, but I wanted to highlight McCoy Minor managing to misspell a word he got right earlier in the same panel.

B
Kathleen Sebelius was Obama's Secretary of Health, and a large advocate for choice. Even more fun: the number of abortion FELL under her term, almost as if pro-choice people give a poo poo about improving the quality of life for women and not just punishing them for having sex :thunk:

C
I'm just throwing this in because I just realized I erred on too FEW Stupid Cupid Cartoons. You're welcome!

D
First Ladies commonly pick a singular issue to work on while in the White House, and Michelle Obama's pet project was childhood obesity. You can probably craft a coherent argument against it from a fat-positive perspective, but you know that's not the kind of nuanced reaction the usual crowd had. Like, it may seriously be the most disproportionately angry the right got about the Obamas, with Michelle suddenly becoming an obese cow that wants to steal your kids' french fries. These are the same people that now whine about Trump Derangement Syndrome when we are concerned about the president committing crimes.

E
Whitney Houston died this month.

F
Somehow this STILL caused complaints.

NEXT WEEK: Gas prices, am I right? Any Day Now: Part Deux. Newt is a very stubborn man. And Linsanity!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Pants Donkey posted:

Despite a lame candidate, you know that good ol' standby is going to be there for when Republicans lose: MEDIAAAAAAAA :argh:

I treasure artifacts like this, now that conservative evangelicals have latched on to the most overtly irreligious president in American history more strongly than they have to anyone else.