Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
This looks good, hits all the important points and is very well-structured. I vote we just take that as-is. I'd like to keep a section for specific hints about skill- and upgrade combos, though. Things like that little trick about Shadow Pulling captains to a high location often turn out to be incredibly useful once you know about them, but you might go through an entire game without realizing how powerful they are if nobody tells you because there's just so much for you to do and play around with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Cardiovorax posted:

This looks good, hits all the important points and is very well-structured. I vote we just take that as-is. I'd like to keep a section for specific hints about skill- and upgrade combos, though. Things like that little trick about Shadow Pulling captains to a high location often turn out to be incredibly useful once you know about them, but you might go through an entire game without realizing how powerful they are if nobody tells you because there's just so much for you to do and play around with.

Thanks for the feedback. I added a section for skill upgrade suggestions at the end which features some of the hints I scrapped earlier.

VVV Thank you too!

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Feb 3, 2020

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

Mierenneuker posted:

I'm not entirely done with Middle-Earth: Shadow of War yet, but I think I played enough to be able to rewrite the current tips and add my own. The ability section I had used to be longer, but I removed 2/3 of it because I realized a player should be encouraged to mess around with those.

I've updated the wiki page.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Playing New Vegas again, I think I'm gonna clean up the page, it's messy and self-contradictory

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Well, that took like an hour and a half.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Part of me wonders if it's worth mentioning that stats cap at 10 even with drugs/gear, and there's implants for +1 to each stat but... not enough to tell anyone to add it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Tylana posted:

Part of me wonders if it's worth mentioning that stats cap at 10 even with drugs/gear, and there's implants for +1 to each stat but... not enough to tell anyone to add it.
I'll throw it in.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Logan's Loophole is fine. It allows you to use drugs without worries, can stop the nastiest high-level enemies from spawning in, and you can remove it in Old World Blues basically for free.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Yeah, that you shouldn't raise any stat to 10 from the beginning because there's a way to increase all of them in-game is one of those things people tend to point out first-thing anytime someone mentions they're planning to play New Vegas, or really any recent Fallout. That's definitely a good idea to include.

Cardiovorax fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Feb 6, 2020

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Mierenneuker posted:

Start of the game:
- The first game (Shadow of Mordor) has "Nemesis Forge" which allows to carry over a nemesis and follower to this game. It's a minor feature, you might not even notice your old rival or friend.

Is this literally it? The last post about it said "make sure to import your save" like it was a Big Deal.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Xander77 posted:

Logan's Loophole is fine. It allows you to use drugs without worries, can stop the nastiest high-level enemies from spawning in, and you can remove it in Old World Blues basically for free.
Alright, alright. I personally despise it, but I'll remove that.

Edit: Done. You're welcome.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

pentyne posted:

Is this literally it? The last post about it said "make sure to import your save" like it was a Big Deal.
My Nemesis killed me more times than any boss, because he one-shotted me on Easy. Felt real proud for building him up so well in that save.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

pentyne posted:

I have not used this feature, but I did some research on what it did before I wrote that. To be exact your nemesis will be the final opponent in the arena fight in Minas Ithil (act 1) and your follower will be one of the orc captains you rescue after Bruz takes over your fort. They will probably not look or sound the same, because Shadow of War has different models and voices.

Opinions on it were that it was rather underwhelming, most likely from people who bought Shadow of War on day one and had spend time preparing the orc captains they imported.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Feb 7, 2020

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Mierenneuker posted:

I have not used this feature, but I did some research on what it did before I wrote that. To be exact your nemesis will be the final opponent in the arena fight in Minas Ithil (act 1) and your follower will be one of the orc captains you rescue after Bruz takes over your fort. They will probably not look or sound the same, because Shadow of War has different models and voices.

Opinions on it were that it was rather underwhelming, most likely from people who bought Shadow of War on day one and had spend time preparing the orc captains they imported.
My buddy had a slightly different model with ugly clipping of drool behind his face, but he still had that drooling problem, which is something no orcs have in SoW.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Mierenneuker posted:

That sounds lame. I though it was like some Dark Souls invasion style feature where this specific super tough orc from SoW and it becomes a frantic fight to the death and/or madcap escape.

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat
Any advice for the original Diablo? I'm playing a Rogue so advice on how not to totally gimp myself would be much appreciated.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

a glitch posted:

Any advice for the original Diablo? I'm playing a Rogue so advice on how not to totally gimp myself would be much appreciated.

For a Rogue the main stat to focus on is Dexterity. If you pick Strength it is just to be able to wear better armor. You might want Vitality to have more HP, but only if you are having trouble. Every level you get 5 stat points, so go with something like 4 dex:1 other at the start.

The game has quests. Most of them are optional and you won't get all of them in a single playthrough. See: https://diablo.gamepedia.com/Diablo_I_quests

You'll come across shrines in dungeons. Some are positive, some are negative. Some of them have permanent effects on your stats. They have fixed names and you can find guides online which tell you what each one will do.

You can drop items in town and they'll stay there during your entire playthrough.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Feb 8, 2020

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Make a point of visiting the witch often. Unlike in Diablo 2, there aren't really any class abilities per se. Instead, all magic is shared between all characters and learned from purchasable spellbooks. Not all of it will be useful to you if you're playing a rogue, but it's better to have them than to need them.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

The "Black Death" variant of zombies, in addition to their regular damage, permanently reduce your max HP by 1 when they hit you. It is not immediately obvious they do that, and they're not otherwise particularly fast or hard to kill (as they're still just zombies, after all), but you probably want to avoid taking more hits from them than you have to.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Finally getting to play DBZ: Kakarot. I know blue sub-quests are missable and I should do them all, but is there anything in field areas I should especially look out for or other things to be aware of? I also know some people missed that cooking gives permanent stat boosts.

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

a glitch posted:

I think in the original Diablo the bow is like the only viable weapon for the Rogue? Anyway, in case you don't know, if you want to fire from a stationary position, I think you hold Shift while clicking. It'll keep you from mis-clicking and moving towards a horde of monsters or other dangerous things. Also, be smart and use chokepoints like doorways to funnel monsters through or make use of walls you can fire your bow through when you can.

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU

owl_pellet posted:

I think in the original Diablo the bow is like the only viable weapon for the Rogue? Anyway, in case you don't know, if you want to fire from a stationary position, I think you hold Shift while clicking. It'll keep you from mis-clicking and moving towards a horde of monsters or other dangerous things. Also, be smart and use chokepoints like doorways to funnel monsters through or make use of walls you can fire your bow through when you can.
I think there were melee rogues as well. The setup was that the attack speed and stat caps were determined by class, so warrior had the fastest melee attacks/shield blocking, rogue was faster with bow and wizard was faster with spells but slower with weapons. The utility of spells meant every class, even warriors, wanted to beef up their magic stat a bit and rogues could either be bow users or true hybrids.

I remember stone curse in particular being a spell rogues or warriors wanted, so keep an eye out for it. Players also kept "reading glasses" which translated to magic stat boosting gear they could temporarily wear to meet the minimum threshold for learning a spell from books. If you're playing single player, any equipment dropped in town should stay there.

srulz
Jun 23, 2013

RIP Duelyst
Just finished Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice. Additional tip I would like to add:

1. If you have a torch, you can Interact with unlighted braziers/torches to light them up.

Overall great game, though the labyrinth puzzle personally is the lowest point of the game for me. Still can't wait for the upcoming sequel.

Anyway, anything for COD: Black Ops 3's campaign? I've heard that it's the best of all recent COD, with detailed upgrade system & multiple paths to take for each campaign mission.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Pretty much nothing. You will probably have to look up an explanation for the story afterwards though. As the only thing in the game that explains what's going on is the super brief loading screens between levels. Extremely hard to read, low resolution, redacted loading screens.

Zushio fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Feb 9, 2020

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

The actual story of it is dogshit, don't bother looking deeper into it, it'll make you like the rest of the game less. That's my genuine tip, coming from someone who only plays CoDs for the singleplayer.

SoR Blaze
Apr 12, 2006
The Sims 4 is free on psn this month, but all of the general tips I could find were all from its launch in like 2014. From what I can tell, they've changed the game a lot since then. Anyone got anything for it?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

ShootaBoy posted:

The actual story of it is dogshit, don't bother looking deeper into it, it'll make you like the rest of the game less. That's my genuine tip, coming from someone who only plays CoDs for the singleplayer.

I'm also a weirdo who plays these games for the campaigns and I didn't really like blops 3 at all. I appreciate that it tried to do something slightly different with the upgrade system (it's like a deus ex-lite) but the actual combat is just....too much, there's too much going on at all times.

I guess that isn't really a tip, unless "don't set your expectations too high" counts as a tip

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat
Thanks for the Diablo advice! I was going 3 dex/1 str/ 1 vit so it's good to know I can put more points in dex. Is it worth putting some points in Int for things like the healing spell and the stone curse?

a glitch fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Feb 9, 2020

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Frostpunk

I disagree with a number of items on the wiki, and some of them are just... factually wrong, or not even using the right terms. Scrap it. Use this instead:

• Frostpunk is a survival city-builder made by 11 bit studios. In the main scenario (A New Home), you are tasked with building the last great city on Steampunk Earth as the temperature plummets during an unexplained natural disaster.
  • A central feature of the game is moral choice - sometimes the morally good choice is actually the correct/optimal one, so don't assume that you're going to be better off by being an evil dick all of the time. For instance child labor is an easy way to gain a bunch of extra resources early on but those children are your future, and later there will be benefits to putting them in what is essentially a school; these are mutually exclusive options. That said, usually the morally ambiguous or evil choice is the easier one, and eventually ascending to Steam Hitler or Steam Pope removes a lot of the challenge. The game challenges you to not simply take the easiest path all the time, and that's part of the fun
  • Basically, the world is cold. If people are too cold, they become sick and die. You must balance the need to keep your people warm + content against various moral choices + maintaining basic survival necessities, like food.
  • Your first order of business is to start gathering resources. You'll have stacks of materials near your generator that you can assign workers and engineers to go gather. For the purposes of gathering, there's no difference between a worker and an engineer. You'll need Coal to power the generator, and Wood and Steel to build stuff, usually with Wood being more often used but easier to find/gather/produce. Early on, you should try to build a Workshop so that you can start researching technologies, and a Cookhouse so that you can start making food.
  • In the early days, the temperature is warm enough that you don't need gathering posts. As the temperature drops though, assigning workers directly to resource piles will cause them to become sick, as the resource piles will be either Cold or Freezing. Gathering posts provide a bit of extra warmth, and can later be further heated, making them essential. But in the early days they are a waste of resources.
  • Eventually your resource piles will start to deplete and you'll need to find other sources, via the technology tree.
  • For wood, you can build sawmills and wall drills. Sawmills are radial gathering building that literally cuts down trees on your map, the latter gets placed next to a wall and basically sucks wood out of one of the huge glaciers along the edge of your map. Wall drills basically never exhaust and produce wood way faster, but require a steam core to be built and are a Tier 2 tech. Sawmills are a nice stopgap since they're easy to research + build, but eventually all of your wood income should come from wall drills, and upgraded sawmills are kind of a trap since you'll literally run out of trees to harvest whereas walldrills can function forever.
  • For coal, you can build coal thumpers, coal mines, and charcoal kilns. Coal thumpers create coal piles, which you have to either assign people to gather those piles directly (bad) or build gathering posts next to them and put people in those (warm, good). Coal mines are like wall drills, in that they have to be built on specific squares on your map and require a steam core but their rate of production per worker is quite good. Charcoal kilns are interesting in that they convert wood into coal, they're actually quite effective if you have a wood surplus and don't require many workers. There's no right choice here; some maps provide lots of workers in which case coal thumpers are a fantastic choice, since you basically can convert manpower into coal, whereas others really call for kilns or mines (see: the Arks scenario)
  • For steel, you can build steelworks. That's it. Your map has steel deposits on it, go build steelworks on them.
  • Early on, your only real options for food are Hunter's Huts to gather raw food and Cookhouses to prepare rations from them. With the right tech choices you can create Hothouses, where a steam core allows plants to be grown and harvested. This is probably the least-effective way of using steam cores unless you're really dedicated to building a vegetarian steampunk society, but if you're short on workers then hothouses provide a good, steady stream of raw food and can also be permanently manned by automatons
  • In addition to basic resources (wood, steel, coal, food) you must also manage the city's Hope and Discontent; too little hope or too little discontent will cause your people to revolt, and if you can't fix the situation within 2 days then it's game over. It's generally easier to reduce discontent than it is to raise hope, but later in the game you'll gain access to buildings and abilities that allow hope to be better-managed.
  • If you hover your mouse over the Discontent and Hope bars, the game will show you the currently-active permanent and temporary modifiers to each so that you can course-correct. If people are very mad about unburied corpses, then consider providing a place for bodies to go. Some modifiers, like extended shifts, can be immediately fixed for a quick reduction in discontent; other modifiers will simply require time to pass (such as a recent death or an unpopular law)
  • If your discontent is too high, then you will become unable to pass certain laws that create temporary discontent until your discontent falls below some threshold. This is something to consider. If you want to start a 24h emergency shift but are about to pass some slightly-unpopular law also, maybe pass the law first before taking the huge discontent hit from the emergency shift.
  • Most of your interaction with the people of the city is through the resolution of events and the passing of laws. Events may offer one-time or permanent bonuses or detriments. Laws are all permanent effects that may also provide a temporary bonus or detriment. You cannot repeal a law, but sometimes the negative effect of an unpopular law will fade with time.
  • Your early laws are focused around improving your city's ability to survive, and many of them are part of a binary choice. You can choose to implement ceremonial funerals for the dead, or you can just throw any corpses in a big snow pit. There are serious upsides to a snowpit let me tell you!
  • Some law choices unlock additional laws; Child Labor unlocks Even More Child Labor, whereas Child Shelters allow you to set up apprenticeships, allowing kids to help out in your workshops or in your medical infrastructure as candystripers or whatever (which provide a small but pretty nice efficiency boost to these workplaces)
  • Some of your most important early laws are Emergency and Extended shifts. These are abilities attached to any workplace that either force them to operate for 24h (once) or add several hours to the start+end of its operational hours (can be toggled on/off). Emergency shifts create a lot of discontent all at once and may cause deaths from overwork or carelessness, extended shifts cause a slow buildup of discontent over time that can be wiped out by simply untoggling the extended shift in each building. Extended shifts are extremely good, emergency shifts should be used sparingly (personally I only ever use them 1-2 times per game, once early on to gain breathing room and maybe later in the event of a true emergency)
  • Exploration is the single most resource-profitable thing you can do. You unlock exploration by researching and then building a Beacon and then creating an exploration team with some wood + workers. The world map is littered with valuable resources, and a common Survivor Mode strategy is to rush-build a Beacon with emergency shifts because of the sheer resource advantages an exploration team can provide. There's also a lot of story content out there in the frozen wilderness, so get some people out there! This is true of every map.
  • Some workplaces, such as Beacons and Hunter's Huts, do not require heating. Generally any workplace where the workers are leaving the city for their job do not require heat. You can place these on the outskirts of your city
  • Some workplaces, such as Cookhouses, must be chilly or warmer during working hours in order to function
  • Importantly, Cookhouses must also be staffed in order for people to eat there. Having a ton of rations is not enough; you need people in the Cookhouse serving them out
  • When people become sick, the workplace they work in loses a corresponding amount of efficiency. A workplace at 0% efficiency is not functioning. Importantly, sometimes people make the mistake of just putting 1 worker in a cookhouse. But if that worker becomes sick, then suddenly a bunch of people aren't able to eat. Usually 2-3 workers is good enough for the early game
  • Since sick workers don't work, it is essential to pay attention to your medical infrastructure. Sick people need medical beds in order to get better. Sick people without a bed don't get better and will quickly become gravely ill, and the gravely ill can't normally be treated in mere medical posts. So it's better to have enough beds for everyone in the first place. Overcrowding is a law that doubles the capacity of all medical infrastructure, which is ludicrously powerful for a relatively small discontent hit. The alternative, which lets you dole out extra rations to the sick, is nice but not nearly as strong. Red health icons are sick people not in bed, Grey health icons are sick people who are in bed and getting better.
  • Residences and medical infrastructure must be kept warm at all times. Do not let these places dip below Chilly; medical infrastructure will stop running, and people living in Cold or Freezing homes will become frostbitten and die.
  • In the early game, steam hubs are a more efficient use of coal than expanding the range of your generator. In the later game, the opposite is true.
  • People are split up between Engineers, Workers, and Children. Certain jobs, like workshops or medical posts, can only employ engineers. Most jobs can be performed by any engineer or worker. The child labor law allows children to work safe jobs (cookhouses, gathering, etc) and a second law allows children to also work dangerous jobs (pass this and children can be employed anywhere that a normal worker can be employed)
  • All research is performed by engineers working in workshop. You can increase your rate of research by building more workshops with more engineers, but this has diminishing returns. I never build more than 4 workshops and manage to research literally every technology.
  • Eventually you'll be offered new law trees between Order and Faith. There's not really a wrong choice here. Order is slightly better at reducing discontent, but its basic structures require workers to function. Faith is slightly better at increasing hope, and its basic structure (the church) does not require heat or workers. One or the other could be better for your particular game, depending on what's going on. Faith uniquely provides a type of medical building that functions like an infirmary but A) without costing a steam core and B) can be staffed by literally anyone, including children if you have child labor, so if you're finding yourself with a lot of sick people and not enough engineers to treat them then maybe consider that.
  • Eventually you'll gain the ability to build automatons, which cost some resources + 1 steam core and basically let you automate any 1 workplace per automaton. Automatons are less effective than people (60% efficiency before upgrades, vs 100% for a fully-staffed workplace) but they also operate 24 hours/day and don't require any heating, so they're great for harvesting coal out of a lonely mine in some out-of-the-way corner of the map with no heat infrastructure.
  • Each of the scenarios follows many of the same basic rules with some twist. A New Home, the first scenario that came with the game and which should be played first, is considered The Main Game. The other scenarios are some shorter variation on it. For instance The Arks provides you with only a handful of engineers, and you must keep certain mission-critical structures above some minimum temperature, so gameplay is focused on heavy use of automatons and worker-efficient structures. Refugees is the opposite of that; you have very many people, but not a lot of space or resources. Winterhome gives you a lot of people and resources but starts you off with a badly-designed, mostly-destroyed city; you need to figure out what parts are recoverable and what parts need to be scrapped entirely. The Last Autumn is actually about building a generator and take places before the cold, so it's more about rallying a scared, superstitious workforce into completing a monumental, dangerous task on a tight schedule
  • You do not need to buy any DLC in order to fully enjoy the game; DLC adds additional scenarios and does not alter the main game/scenarios

Thank you for listening to my manifesto, Burger King cashier, now I'd like a double whopper please

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

At least break up that rant into distinct sections, because it's absolutely unreadable.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I'm sure it's good information, but as it is it's more of a Steam Guides style early-game walkthrough than a Before I Play thing. I appreciate the effort and I see no problem with replacing much of the current Frostpunk article with your information if you can bring it into a more structured form, though. The Frostpunk article is fairly old and the game has been both substantially patched and gotten two major DLCs since most of it was written, so an update to the current state of the game would not go amiss.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Picked up my old persona 5 ng+ save not too long ago and ran into something that anyone trying to max all the confidants in a playthrough. You need to finish the Sun (and apparently Temperance too) confidants a little bit earlier than the rest. Specifically by the 13th and 18th of November, respectively. The Sun one is only available on Sundays but I've seen it suggested that it's a guaranteed rank up each time.

e: I thought to mention it here because while if you're trying to max all of them you're probably already using a guide, the guide I was using didn't make say anything about it.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Is maxing out the confidants otherwise pretty easy to do on a ng+ or do you still need a guide? I maxed out my social skills on my first p5 run so I assumed it’d be trivial to get all the confidants on an ng+ but I suppose that’s something I’d want to know before trying

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

On a New Game Plus it's trivial. Without needing to spend time slots on upgrading your stats, you can basically brute force all the confidants with months to spare. You don't even have to plan for it.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Yeah speaking as someone who just got Frostpunk in Humble Monthly and has been interested in it for a while, as a knee-jerk reaction, that wall of text actually made me considerably less likely to jump in to the game. I'm glad I read some of it and realized a lot of it is common sense or not actually Before I Play style tips, otherwise I would probably have chucked the game on the back burner.

I really don't think the Before I Play pages need tips like "sawmills produce wood" or "build steelworks on steel". So many of them are bloated enough (though have by and large gotten better, thanks everyone who's been picking away at the pages)

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Cardiovorax posted:

On a New Game Plus it's trivial. Without needing to spend time slots on upgrading your stats, you can basically brute force all the confidants with months to spare. You don't even have to plan for it.

Also helps that you can use teacher maid to give you massages after dungeons.

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.
And get a boost from the fortune teller

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I maxed out all of the confidants withOUT a guide on my first run, though it came down to the wire in the final couple of weeks. If you work on the fortune teller ASAP it becomes pretty manageable and I'd imagine it's even easier NG+.

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

Well I updated the Frostpunk page before I read all of your feedback. That'll learn me.

If someone can provide structure for the page, I can update it again, but I'll leave it as the wall of text for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Yeah, if we could have the old Frostpunk BeforeIPlay list up and then the rest in Additional Effortpost that'd be handy. Looking at starting it myself.

Other tip which I think is definitely in Before I Play territory from asking the Frostpunk thread

- Try to play the first scenario a little blind for more rollercoaster of tension feels. Medium difficulty should not be an unforgiving mess.

Trying to pare down and order QuarkJets post into something lighter. I think it suffers from 'Haven't played the Tutorial in two years, no idea what the game actually tells you.'