Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

pentyne posted:

Not to start Lowtax chat but either he just has the most terrible luck when hiring people to manage or do things for the website, or hes a delicate soul who constantly overlooks terrible human beings doing terrible things and gives them chance after chance to disappoint him.

he tends to hire people who post on the forums which means that forums updates are, technically, a Goon Project, and we know how those work out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I’m not sure how extensive the background checks Low tax runs are or how many references he requires or how in depth into their portfolio he goes but he needs to go deeper

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

luxury handset posted:

he tends to hire people who post on the forums which means that forums updates are, technically, a Goon Project, and we know how those work out

This puts a lot of things in context

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Radium's complaint about not knowing what Lowtax wants from him, and Lowtax's complaint of never knowing what radium is doing, would probably both have been solved with an issue tracker. I assume radium would have never stood for it, though, because it would be evidence that he was 1) doing gently caress-all, and 2) doing it in the dumbest way possible.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
solution: radium codes the issue tracker

also congrats radium on your job with the Iowa Democratic Party

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

solution: radium codes the issue tracker

also congrats radium on your job with the Iowa Democratic Party

I keep seeing posts like this and I'm honestly not sure if people are joking or not

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Your redtext. Which is just a random SA History one I dropped on you like a year ago since you didn’t have an av, along with “Tubgirl Enthusiast” on EL BROMANCE, and “Mangosteen Chugger” on Snow Cone Capone.

E:I put “Lemonparty participant” on somebody but gently caress if I can remember who.

I have an av? Nobody told me!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

VanSandman posted:

I have an av? Nobody told me!

It’s teeny, I didn’t know how to do a proper redtext when you got it.

Who is Monkeu? I’ve been seeing a lot of their reregs getting banned, but I’ve never heard of them/what they did to get perma’d. Usually when someone is a serial reregger there’s a story there.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Ugly In The Morning posted:

It’s teeny, I didn’t know how to do a proper redtext when you got it.

Who is Monkeu? I’ve been seeing a lot of their reregs getting banned, but I’ve never heard of them/what they did to get perma’d. Usually when someone is a serial reregger there’s a story there.

He’s a Golden State Warriors fan who shits up the NBA threads with reregs pretty frequently.

He also gave the world “WATCH BUSH START A loving WAR”

In conclusion monkeu is a land of contrasts.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

radium posted:

I have an icq plugin that detects anger and that thing is off the hook right now

:wtc:

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )
I wish I still had my 6 digit icq number.

hallelujah
Jan 26, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
e: nvm

hallelujah fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Feb 8, 2020

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

hallelujah posted:

it disturbs me that we all have to tiptoe around the fact that lowtax is an obvious serial domestic abuser because this is a community we'll never find anywhere else

And they say there aren't new users joining up on this site in TYOOL 2020 that aren't random weirdos with a bone to pick

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
heh

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

I think it's safe to say almost all 2020 regdates are reregs.

I'd say all but I gifted someone who'd never posted here an account last month.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

With that username I'd even say it's Avs

hallelujah
Jan 26, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
well this is all very embarrassing

hallelujah
Jan 26, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
caught with vicious gossip on my tongue

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Inceltown posted:

With that username I'd even say it's Avs
One can only hope..

Geven a nign vi a sod,
Vos Dovid hot geshpilt far Got.
Nor dir volt’s nisht geven aza yeshue.
Me zingt azoy: a fa, a sol,
A misheberekh heybt a kol,
Der duler meylekh vebt a

HALELUYE...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN2Nn7uSB6A

also actual song just cuz it is good

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Feb 8, 2020

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

oldpainless posted:

... he goes but he needs to go deeper

More like Old Bottomless

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Chewbecca posted:

I wish I still had my 6 digit icq number.
I had an awesome 6-digit one. But does icq even exist anymore?

Oh poo poo I just got flashbacks to using Trillian on my old desktops to merge icq, aim, and msn.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

dwarf74 posted:

I had an awesome 6-digit one. But does icq even exist anymore?

Oh poo poo I just got flashbacks to using Trillian on my old desktops to merge icq, aim, and msn.

It got bought by mail.ru and the last time I tried to sign in it wanted my phone number, so it's best left to your memories at this point.

hallelujah
Jan 26, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
...just for the record, since i got caught in the act of gossip, i had nothing to do with the weird banner ad about lowtax's marriage, nor had i discussed this matter with anybody else before drunkenly broaching it itt last night

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Was anyone asking you about it?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

hallelujah posted:

...just for the record, since i got caught in the act of gossip, i had nothing to do with the weird banner ad about lowtax's marriage, nor had i discussed this matter with anybody else before drunkenly broaching it itt last night

Ok so this guy 100% did it

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

My "not involved in human trafficking" post has people asking a lot of questions already answered by my post

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I guess we now all know there is (was) a banner ad!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Hey guys, please stop talking about how good at sex I am and how pleasurable and girthy my penis is. It's a little embarrassing.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

hallelujah posted:

Your honor, let the record show that I had nothing to do with this thing no one cares about plus I was drunk when I did

hallelujah
Jan 26, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
:rolleyes:

hallelujah
Jan 26, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I guess we now all know there is (was) a banner ad!
there's a thread about it in qcs, but i actually saw it after an admin said it had been removed, so it may have been re-uploaded

fwiw i think it's a grotesque overstepping of the line

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Solice Kirsk posted:

Hey guys, please stop talking about how good at sex I am and how pleasurable and girthy my penis is. It's a little embarrassing.
I vaguely recall there was some trainwreck goon who on top of some other drama was very insistent about how difficult it was having a dick just too gosh darn large for his girlfriend to "handle".

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

other than myself i mean

hallelujah
Jan 26, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ghostlight posted:

I vaguely recall there was some trainwreck goon who on top of some other drama was very insistent about how difficult it was having a dick just too gosh darn large for his girlfriend to "handle".
that was me

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Ghostlight posted:

Was that the first dude on the forums to call his penis "girthy?" Because holy poo poo, that's still hilarious.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
It’s crazy to think as a relatively new member of something awful that there was any point in our living memory when you could have identified someone as the first person to describe their penis as girthy on this forum. Genuinely unclear how many people I’ve seen say it making a reference and how many just meant it

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit
Sorry if there's a better thread for this...is there a "request SA stuff from the past that you're looking for" thread? Should there be? I don't want to make one just for my own purposes but if it happens a lot and there isn't one maybe there should be. Anyway,

Probably about ten years ago there was a CYOA in GBS. I remember not all that much about it except that it was really good and it took place in the 80s and the images were of a CRT monitor kinda like the YOSPOS stylesheet....

does anyone know what I mean? I imagine it might be in the goldmine but I have no idea where to start looking.

Thank you! :tipshat:

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Moments: a Game of Consequences

:moments:

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

cda posted:

Sorry if there's a better thread for this...is there a "request SA stuff from the past that you're looking for" thread? Should there be? I don't want to make one just for my own purposes but if it happens a lot and there isn't one maybe there should be. Anyway,

Probably about ten years ago there was a CYOA in GBS. I remember not all that much about it except that it was really good and it took place in the 80s and the images were of a CRT monitor kinda like the YOSPOS stylesheet....

does anyone know what I mean? I imagine it might be in the goldmine but I have no idea where to start looking.

Thank you! :tipshat:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2701257

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

hallelujah posted:

there's a thread about it in qcs, but i actually saw it after an admin said it had been removed, so it may have been re-uploaded

fwiw i think it's a grotesque overstepping of the line

It is, and that's the last we'll be discussing it ITT.