Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Chris getting heated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Serious question, is KENTA one of the most Western style heels in Japan in a long time?

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos

Rick posted:

Tell ‘em, Jado.

While I'm definitely not Jado I will say, beautiful man, mastermind. To bad nobody will ever know i... I mean jado is truly booking.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Yukaichiban posted:

Hope PAC challenges Hideo after he wins.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Boy, they really, really, really had to lay this out a certain way to get around Kenta's limitations, huh.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Chris getting heated

And it's kinda dumb. He's not really making that much of a counter argument.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Yukaichiban posted:

Hope Darby challenges Hideo after he wins.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Red Shoes is completely in Naito's camp. Stopping the count out just to give his man time to get back into the ring :mad:

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Jericho should challenge to rip the forbidden portal wide open, either he becomes triple champ or he has to offer naito a title shot

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Serious question, is KENTA one of the most Western style heels in Japan in a long time?

"Western Heels" has been pretty much the mission statement of Bullet Club from day 1.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
KENTA knows this scrub wont make the count and so is helpfully taking the down the ring

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

MJeff posted:

Boy, they really, really, really had to lay this out a certain way to get around Kenta's limitations, huh.

PassionoftheNaito.match

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Cool he's just straight ripping off Yano too

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Jay White?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

SamuraiFoochs posted:

that's bullet club's thing basically and all the top guys in it throughout their history kinda fit that in different ways

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

TriffTshngo posted:

"Western Heels" has been pretty much the mission statement of Bullet Club from day 1.

Yeah but like, the boos he gets and the way he eggs them on is something I haven't seen in NJPW.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
NOAH is a Japanese bingo hall

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I still hope Moxley and Suzuki end up being friends out of all this, both in kayfabe and out

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yeah but like, the boos he gets and the way he eggs them on is something I haven't seen in NJPW.

Cody tried and got apathy.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

forkboy84 posted:

Jay White?

It's close but I genuinely feel like KENTA gets more boos and he does a lot more direct playing to the crowd.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I had something I needed to do, so I'm late with

gently caress YOU KENTA

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Neodoomium posted:

I still hope Moxley and Suzuki end up being friends out of all this, both in kayfabe and out

I'd bet money they're cool with each other IRL. :)

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

loving lol if all it takes is performatively "rebelling" by complaining that sometimes the IWGP committee is unfair backstage to go right back to being accepted as a bland babyface for Naito

I miss the 2016-2017 Naito :(

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Naito bores me. Like, a LOT.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Aesculus posted:

loving lol if all it takes is performatively "rebelling" by complaining that sometimes the IWGP committee is unfair backstage to go right back to being accepted as a bland babyface for Naito

He also spits, so you should cheer him

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Aesculus posted:

I miss when Naito was a member of CHAOS

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

In isolation this is a fun if slow paced match and KENTA is doing a great job of building and maintaining heat.

However it's coming just after the Hiromu match and the Moxley match, which feels very much like we got our dessert first and now we get to wash the ice cream down with a nice plate of pot roast.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Tonfa posted:

He also spits, so you should cheer him

I like that! I like that Naito just spits in the face of people he doesn't like instead of thanking them profusely and wishing them well (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T5wChRfWBI)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yeah I'm mostly here for the closing LIJ roll call at this point

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I honestly feel like the commentary about Naito in this match is almost exactly the same thing as WWE announcers discussing Roman. That is to say it is bad.

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos

The guy who takes advantage of drug addicts? No thanks.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I like the more classic big match feel of this match. Mox vs MiSu was a crazy brawl and the jnr match was special but I like this match too.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
My only real issue with Naito (aside from Passion of the Naito matches which I could do without) is that, apart from his finishers/signatures, his moveset is basically identical to Yujiro's. Like, they were tag partners so it makes sense but if you watch the rare Yujiro singles match you'll notice they both do a lot of very similar dropkicks and neckbreakers and it's like man, what the gently caress.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Aesculus posted:

loving lol if all it takes is performatively "rebelling" by complaining that sometimes the IWGP committee is unfair backstage to go right back to being accepted as a bland babyface

Metaphor for life really.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Yukaichiban posted:

The guy who takes advantage of drug addicts? No thanks.

Even with that aside, do they have JUNIORS as small as Darby in NJPW?

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I honestly feel like the commentary about Naito in this match is almost exactly the same thing as WWE announcers discussing Roman. That is to say it is bad.

I'm getting the same vibes. It's a little desperate sounding.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

TriffTshngo posted:

My only real issue with Naito (aside from Passion of the Naito matches which I could do without) is that, apart from his finishers/signatures, his moveset is basically identical to Yujiro's. Like, they were tag partners so it makes sense but if you watch the rare Yujiro singles match you'll notice they both do a lot of very similar dropkicks and neckbreakers and it's like man, what the gently caress.

Much like Kenny and Kota, they miss each other. I for one await the confetti reconcilliation

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TriffTshngo posted:

Yujiro is the lamest BC member and Naito is the lamest LIJ member so this makes sense

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

SG Bamboo posted:

Much like Kenny and Kota, they miss each other. I for one await the confetti reconcilliation

I've been waiting for Yuj to break out of the Bullet Club since 2015. It all went to poo poo for him when he joined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos

collocation posted:

Even with that aside, do they have JUNIORS as small as Darby in NJPW?

ROH could lend Cheeseburger