Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/stvulture/status/1222459800740683776

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Colonists can build sand castles as a summer activity :3:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Hairless Chewbacca for SW Battlefront II (the fourth)

quote:

You've had nude Rey. You've had nude Leia. Now it's time for nude Chewbacca! This is where the fun begins!

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPjpDVxzSvw

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

quote:

I don't think we should hurt everyone
I disagree.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Cardiovorax posted:

I disagree.

I doubt.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Alejandro, thread.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Thread, please leave me to justice.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

quote:

Three beautiful Chocolate Elves have decided to look for a partner in adventure or crime. Rika the white-haired knight, Janah, the mage brunette, and Shaza, the blonde battlemage are waiting for you in different locations of Cyrodiil, ready to make your adventuring life quite a lot sexier.
https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/25156

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

aw shaza gets us a round

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/tempurmental/status/1219837790248153090

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Was expecting to every sound to be replaced with the near drowning music.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

You have to wait until the end.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

I feel like a lot of those sounds got used by Humongous Entertainment back in the day.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Hedgehog Sonic finally defeats Doctor Robotnik by dropping a cow on him.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
This FS2 mod looks loving wild.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA8l4Yc7jTk

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Freespace 2 in general is a cool game with a good mod following. To see people still going at it is neat.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
William Tell is inspired.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Hey, you know of Freeman: Guerilla Warfare? It's basically Mount and Blade with a modern setting. The devs recently released an official mod for their own game and, uh.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

quote:

Customize your perfect kawaii-squads and lead them to conquer the anime land!
I think that counts as an intentional joke at their own expense.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Drakenel posted:

Freespace 2 in general is a cool game with a good mod following. To see people still going at it is neat.

Actually surprised nobody has done a Star fox conversion of Freespace until now. Seems like a good fit for a quick game mod and I don't recall the Star Fox models being too overly complex needing professional artists to recreate.

Might not be the first one but it's the first I've heard of.

Spek
Jun 15, 2012

Bagel!

Mordja posted:

Hey, you know of Freeman: Guerilla Warfare? It's basically Mount and Blade with a modern setting. The devs recently released an official mod for their own game and, uh.

It must have been not the reaction they were going for cuz your link just leads to this for me:

What was it?

Edit: nevermind it worked after I made the post, I assumed they'd deleted it.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Mordja posted:

Begun, the Waifu Wars have.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I was expecting the game that is straight up mount and blade, but with anime girls

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Because of course that would be a thing. :ughh:

A Worrying Warlock
Sep 21, 2009

The Titanic posted:

Actually surprised nobody has done a Star fox conversion of Freespace until now. Seems like a good fit for a quick game mod and I don't recall the Star Fox models being too overly complex needing professional artists to recreate.

Might not be the first one but it's the first I've heard of.

I think it's because the community is pretty small and centralized, together with the engine being a Lovecraftian horror. That leads to relatively small teams or individuals having to do a lot of work, and reaching out early for attention and collaboration. It leads to a release schedule that would seem bonkers for any other game. Small levels or missionpacks are relatively easy, but conversions or full expansions can take years or sometimes even the better part of a decade before they leave alpha. Combined with the fact that everyone knows what everyone else is working on, and you don't see many mods treating the same subject.

So Star Fox FreeSpace is not a new idea, just an idea that has already been in the oven for years and years. If someone else was to start development of their own version, you'd probably have to wait until Trumps successor steps down before you'd be able to play it.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Cardiovorax posted:

Because of course that would be a thing. :ughh:

It's funny in that it's technically better than Mount and Blade when you look down at the reviews and see what sort of features the game has.

It has a tech tree and era system that means that you start out with anime girls attacking each other with spears and swords, tech up to primitive guns, then eventually modern weaponry.
Also, it has functional vehicles ranging from horses to tanks from what i'm reading. And better control over the cities with the ability to place housing and all sorts of other stuff instead of it all just being stats on a readout with instanced fake sections of the city for things like industries.

But then they had to release a pre-alpha that's creepy as heck. Because waifus.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Feb 12, 2020

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I thought you said it was technically better than M&B? All that stuff you listed sounds awful.

t. Warband > WF&S

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I thought you said it was technically better than M&B? All that stuff you listed sounds awful.

t. Warband > WF&S

That's stuff that a lot of the bigger mods have been trying to do for a long time. Problem is that Warband and MnB in general are just too damned janky to pull it off effectively for most mod makers. That someone made an original anime waifu game that did that and is clearly copying off of MnB is 100% hilarious.

In particular I remember there was some soviet revolution mod that tried to put tanks in way back in the earlier Warband days. Imagine some potato headed looking peasants in tanks charging the enemy in heavy armor to run them down and smack them with their sabers. All while they randomly poo poo explosions with invisible arrows at the horizon. It was amusing in that "What the gently caress am I looking at?" sort of way. But it didn't really work.

About the only mod I ever saw pull off working vehicles was that zombie apocalypse sim mod.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Feb 12, 2020

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Makes for an amusing inventory screen at least

Dozen tanks/artillery, a roman scutum, some swords, a pickaxe, couple of dresses, RPG, WWI-era machine gun

lurksion fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Feb 13, 2020

Archonex
May 2, 2012

lurksion posted:

Makes for an amusing inventory screen at least

Dozen tanks/artillery, a roman scutum, some swords, a pickaxe, couple of dresses, RPG, WWI-era machine gun

Don't forget what looks like a gothic maid outfit. Because real soldiers appreciate style when they have to sweep up all those spent rounds from WW2 era guns and tanks.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.
Isn't there some rebel group in west Africa that fight in crazy outfits and cross-dress because they believe death won't recognize them?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Thought it was because their warlord gave them LOTS of drugs.

e;
Could be a mix of both or a different fighter group I''m thinking of.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Archonex posted:

Don't forget what looks like a gothic maid outfit. Because real soldiers appreciate style when they have to sweep up all those spent rounds from WW2 era guns and tanks.

What, you've never heard of minesweeping? :colbert:

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/42511

????

quote:

Here's a None too plain Piper Preset that takes her from the TRASH and put her on the Top Shelf.

A simple mod, that simply makes Piper into a woman of high Aesthetic standards. There are other Piper Presets, but, and I may be biased here, I don't think any of them come close to this one. Download an Enjoy a Piper that's just so pretty you will be able and skate right on by that trash personality of her's that most certainly is getting tones of people around the commonwealth killed.

So this is fuckin weird, but I'm not done.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/42519

quote:

For those without broadened horizons, as I once also was, here is the original version of my Piper. From before I Expanded my Conciousness

Give the people what they want.

That's what they say, and as it seems the genius of my current Top Tier Piper mod is currently being rejected by the unwashed masses, I suppose I will have to do just that.

Look upon her and rejoice you simpering neophytes, her grandeur has been decreased back to human levels as to not burden your feeble minds with such troublesome issues as unequivocal beauty.

I can not judge, I too once rejected elegant and refined beauty such as the mod I previously graced you with, you will learn. As I did, but before you do I suppose you can have the baby step I once took my self on the path to Unrivaled Intellect and Taste.

Fear me.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
*looks at the model*

I don't think this man would recognize a simper if it bit him.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Didn't you see those were tagged as jk just joshing? It's fine, it's just a goof!

(Kill me)

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Gotta say, lots of the parts of that rant would make for a good thread title. Just to name a few:

The Awful/Awesome Mods Thread: Look upon her and rejoice

The Awful/Awesome Mods Thread: Unrivaled Intellect and Taste

Alternatively if it's not too big:

The Awful/Awesome Mods Thread: Look upon her and rejoice you simpering neophytes

Edit: Oh god. I checked the posts section and it gets worse. The people dumping on him are hilarious though.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Feb 13, 2020

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I am fairly sure that's a piss take but I can't quite be sure, given the context :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archonex
May 2, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

I am fairly sure that's a piss take but I can't quite be sure, given the context :v:

It's definitely serious. The guy is in the comments defending his choice as politely as he can without coming off as completely loony tunes.