Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

PlushCow posted:

I havent played online much, but I thought there were random events in the online as well; all I've ever seem to run into is packs of wolves.

According to the collector's map there's random events for wounded animal, dogs, rival collectors, treasure hunter, bird eggs, and treasure maps on trees. I'm pretty sure the only one of those I've ever had happen was the bird eggs. 200 hours in online play and 10 hours at least in trying to find those while doing other collectoring stuff; never seen a drat one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
I've seen a rival collector wagon exactly once since the roles were released. I've been scrutinizing every npc pulling a small cart since and never encountered another.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I’ve seen dog and wounded animal. I think I met a treasure hunter once. He wanted to sell me a map? I was bad at controls and threatened him. One thing led to another and then he died and I looted his map.

Scherloch
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah!
So, I was out in Lemoyne to grab the three blood flowers there. I arrive at the first one at 10pm, and move towards the second one. On the way there, the darkness lifts and all of a sudden it's daytime. I check the in-game clock, and sure enough, now it's apparently 5pm.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Scherloch posted:

So, I was out in Lemoyne to grab the three blood flowers there. I arrive at the first one at 10pm, and move towards the second one. On the way there, the darkness lifts and all of a sudden it's daytime. I check the in-game clock, and sure enough, now it's apparently 5pm.

Abducted by aliens, perhaps?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
It was a cheater.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Scherloch posted:

Any chance you confused the collectable timer with the actual clock?

Scherloch
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah!

ILL Machina posted:

Any chance you confused the collectable timer with the actual clock?
Here's a clip of it, since it was weird enough that I decided to save it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5keCYegTy0

I stopped by that camp to pick up an heirloom, and because a bunch of guys spawned, and I wanted to see if it'd become a hideout or something.

Here's a screengrab from about three minutes earlier in the full length clip.

So yeah, time definitely just changed abruptly from middle of the night to late afternoon.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
It was a cheater.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Honestly yeah, that looks like a mod menu person dicking around with time of day settings.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

weg posted:

I've seen a rival collector wagon exactly once since the roles were released. I've been scrutinizing every npc pulling a small cart since and never encountered another.

I killed one by accident while being attacked by revenue agents once. I don't even know how he would have wandered into the firefight. Look up once in awhile, collectors, be safe.

Scherloch
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah!

Zesty posted:

It was a cheater.

I afk'd to wait for 10pm to get the final two blood flowers, and when I came back after 10 minutes, 45 minutes had passed in game (seemingly, it had gone from 5.30pm to 6:15pm), so yeah, someone was probably loving with something.

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
In single player why do I get ‘bad guy’ tax when I kill a bounty hunters dog? It’s chasing and barking at me. I don’t get the ding when I kill the bounty hunter.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Fishing with dynamite does that too damnit

ElTacoGato
Oct 11, 2012

Red_Fred posted:

In single player why do I get ‘bad guy’ tax when I kill a bounty hunters dog? It’s chasing and barking at me. I don’t get the ding when I kill the bounty hunter.

He's being a good boy and doing his job. It's not his fault his job puts him in opposition with you. You deserve it for killing that good good boy. :colbert:

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010
the bugs in multiplayer are already bad enough, it really annoys me they need to change the rules to make legendary bounties artificially more difficult.
just played the Etta Doyle bounty and it wouldn't allow me to kill the horses pulling her escape wagon. it just greyed out my reticle when I aimed at them and wouldn't let me shoot.
that is fuckery most foul.

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

ElTacoGato posted:

He's being a good boy and doing his job. It's not his fault his job puts him in opposition with you. You deserve it for killing that good good boy. :colbert:

I realised after posting that it may only bark at me and once I kill it’s master it may just run away? Will check next time.

I’m glad we can agree that the real crime being committed is by Rockstar not allowing us the have a pet that cruises around with us.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

its only ever happened once but i was collecting and heard a dog barking and the white mark showed up. i went to investigate and it was MY dog! he'd come to find me to tell me the camp was going to be attacked. set a waypoint for camp, the game gave me an option to fast travel there and sure enough, its under attack. he got a lot of pats that day.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side
dividing sparrows from the nightingales
I jumped back into RDO for all the free stuff and it says I get a free delivery order from Cripps for trader but the option is grayed out? Even doing a resupply mission is grayed out. The only thing I can do is sell the $7 worth of goods or nothing. Is this a bug or am I missing something obvious like in GTAO when I didnt realize you could just register as CEO from the menu for like a week?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I am in a similar boat. I got a pop up message the other day saying I was eligible for a free collectors bag from Madam Nazar but when I logged in and went to see her it was going to charge me 15 gold and gave me no option for a free bag.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Sleekly posted:

its only ever happened once but i was collecting and heard a dog barking and the white mark showed up. i went to investigate and it was MY dog! he'd come to find me to tell me the camp was going to be attacked. set a waypoint for camp, the game gave me an option to fast travel there and sure enough, its under attack. he got a lot of pats that day.

my camp has never been attacked because Cripps helpfully packs it up on his own initiative so that no bad guys can find it :smug:

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Joining the "streak broken" club today due to an ER visit and admit for surgery, weee. :smith:

Bought one map, murdered for one, bird egg got et because I was on a delivery once, got an arrowhead from a wounded animal, and today? Doggie wanted me to follow, but left before I finished skinning the deer. :smith: too

Oh, and a grave robber I straight-up mudered and didn't get poo poo from.

Sunday, hideouts and 'shine missions were spawning all over from Blackwater south. Think I cleared five hideouts and four 'shine jobs alone, plus hopping into some of each that other folks started.

If you get a camp on the river right south of Thieve's Landing, start some poo poo wihth the Del Lobos andkite them back to the Crippsinator - he murdered the gently caress out of about eight dudes...

..and yet still lets hooved rats graze all over my camp. :argh:

So, one broken bottle of high-test hooch is like $50 off the sale income. Why ain't I making $1K per run, dammit?

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

Wolfsheim posted:

I jumped back into RDO for all the free stuff and it says I get a free delivery order from Cripps for trader but the option is grayed out? Even doing a resupply mission is grayed out. The only thing I can do is sell the $7 worth of goods or nothing. Is this a bug or am I missing something obvious like in GTAO when I didnt realize you could just register as CEO from the menu for like a week?

you probably have to donate more animals?

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Sleekly posted:

I'm level 104 and not once have I had my camp attacked. I know it's in the description for the dog's usefulness but I thought it was just a broken or not yet implemented thing. Although if it's that rare it's probably safe to say something is broken

Also I managed to get Moonshiner to level 20 and picked up the Norfolk Roadster on discount. So far it seems like a great horse even at only level 2 bonding. It's fast and seems fine around gunfire, but I haven't tried it around attacking animals yet. The tradeoff is in it's health, which tbh seems like the most useless stat to me. I've never had my max health kladruber lose more than like 1/4 of its health in any NPC gunfight. And when a player targets your horse it seems to drop in one shot regardless of its health. I gave my Klad a solid gold health bar/core at the start of a Railroad Baron match and it was still 1-shot out from under me. Horse health is a junk stat

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Wolfsheim posted:

Pretty sure it's just a free resupply.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

ILL Machina posted:

Also it will still substract the $20, because it's broken.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

my streak from christmas onward was finally broken the other day. strangely, it was not the day before that when i left a friend's place at like 12:30 with a usually half-hour drive home; got in with 5 mins to spare and that was enough.

no, twas SATISFACTORY that killed the streak. sorry, rockstar, i've traded my spurs and six-shooters for some kind of nanite assembler/disassembler thing and a crippling need to make beautiful and perfect assembly lines

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Ash1138 posted:

no, twas SATISFACTORY that killed the streak. sorry, rockstar, i've traded my spurs and six-shooters for some kind of nanite assembler/disassembler thing and a crippling need to make beautiful and perfect assembly lines

tell me more.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side
dividing sparrows from the nightingales

ILL Machina posted:

No, I know, I mean getting the resupply is grayed out, free or not. I assumed it was like gunrunning in GTAO where I can pay for supplies or do a mission to get some but both options are gray and I'm not sure why?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
so what's up with these hostile as hell two headed skeletons battling people in online

talktapes
Apr 14, 2007

You ever hear of the neutron bomb?

DrNutt posted:

I killed one by accident while being attacked by revenue agents once. I don't even know how he would have wandered into the firefight. Look up once in awhile, collectors, be safe.

If you're not mashing X when making a delivery in cinematic mode and smoking a bowl/pounding a beer so someone can headshot you when you're not paying attention and lose 3-4 hours of work, you're not getting the full RDO experience

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

verbal enema posted:

so what's up with these hostile as hell two headed skeletons battling people in online

hackmen

the fun kind where all they want to do is weird poo poo. The skeleton is from a side thing in singleplayer and dudes are just swapping their characters out with it and running around fist-fighting people

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

Ygolonac posted:

Bought one map,

Dude, don't buy collectors maps. Use this: https://jeanropke.github.io/RDR2CollectorsMap/

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

Got a bunch of free maps from Outlaw Pass or something, I just use em up for roles challenges sometimes so I can get rid of them.
Otherwise, the jeanropke map is the way to go. Let's you filter to the most profitable/easy categories, gives you helpful directions where to find the collectible and even generates a little route for you.
Also, recently read somewhere that the most profitable combination of collectibles is coins, bracelets and necklaces. Apparently gets you the most money for least effort, and nets a good bunch of experience per day. When nobody is around to play, I just sorta default to it and take a nice road trip, see what the world has to offer for fun.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Wolfsheim posted:

No, I know, I mean getting the resupply is grayed out, free or not. I assumed it was like gunrunning in GTAO where I can pay for supplies or do a mission to get some but both options are gray and I'm not sure why?

Think that just means you don't need to reup yet

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

https://i.imgur.com/HW4v8gX.mp4

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
what

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

no dude

Tragedienne
Sep 7, 2007

"I need your stage no longer. I dance for myself."
Make sure to check your horse's coolant regularly, to avoid overheating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Ash1138 posted:

I guess that game was too addictive, he never came back