Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Don’t understand why so many in this thread seem immediately ready to exonerate Depp? Honestly find it creepy. I find it far easier to believe both Depp and Heard are abusive assholes, from what we have seen thus far.

A complete lack of nuance, a belief in narrative where there needs to be a goodies and baddies, and old fashioned bias.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Honestly isn't a good thing for everyone that people are willing to reconsider things in light of new evidence? It blows a hole in the whole witchhunt narrative where people are only interested in condemning people forever for kicks.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

The guy was buying the kind of six-figures-a-case wines that other rich people use as an investment asset and just shotgunning them instead of saving them, there was a bleakly hilarious line in that rolling stone article of his accountant being equal parts mystified, horrified, and angered by him doing it

That's some Brewster's Millions poo poo right there.

mycot posted:

Honestly isn't a good thing for everyone that people are willing to reconsider things in light of new evidence? It blows a hole in the whole witchhunt narrative where people are only interested in condemning people forever for kicks.

What I'm really getting a kick out off, especially from reading that other crazy rear end gaming or whatever forum, is people in the year 2020 having these light bulb moments over Johnny loving Depp of all people, about how just maybe blanket condemnation and rush to judgement aren't literally the greatest ideas ever, while using phrases like "witchunt", "in the town square", "mob", and the like, which are common references to all the dumb medieval and colonialist blanket condemnation/rush to judgement poo poo people used to do literally hundreds of years ago, that lead to the creation of the progressive modern justice system in the first place. Talk about not learning from the past. It's like that guy from Memento, who keeps forgetting all the critical discoveries he made during the day. Of course in his case, it happens because he has actual brain damage. The lack of awareness is awe-inspiring.

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Feb 6, 2020

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

catapede posted:

The most I've seen is a video where he slammed some cabinets, and in the audio, he admits he pushed her (and maybe threw something at her?). Given the context of her punching him, slicing off the tip of his finger, berating him for trying to de-escalate hostile situations, etc, those seem to be very mild, self-defensive reactions to her abusive af behavior.

"Johnny Depp, Notorious Cabinet Slammer"

Some new tapes, with her basically pulling the Bill Murray line and daring him to try to get anyone to believe he's a victim and that it's OK because he's bigger. Still does sound like at least some portion of this was mutual. https://theblast.com/c/johnny-depp-amber-heard-audio-released-domestic-violence-hitting-punching-victim-recording

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

A complete lack of nuance, a belief in narrative where there needs to be a goodies and baddies, and old fashioned bias.

Fine, Johnny Depp is a baddie but Amber Heard is a worsie.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Not movies but still deffo on topic.

https://twitter.com/breatheheavycom/status/1225588095279456258?s=19

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Get a load of this woman

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/07/us/harvey-weinstein-lawyer-donna-rotunno/index.html

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

quote:

I never went home with someone that I didn't know.

Holy poo poo gently caress you. 90 percent of victims knew their attacker.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Gnarly stuff. What a huge piece of poo poo (dr. Luke but also the judge) though I guess there’s not much to work with since Perry denied it

thekeeshman
Feb 21, 2007

DeimosRising posted:

Gnarly stuff. What a huge piece of poo poo (dr. Luke but also the judge) though I guess there’s not much to work with since Perry denied it

How is the judge a piece of poo poo? Kesha made a specific claim that turned out to be complete horseshit, and she did it to try and get Lady Gaga to stop working with Dr. Luke, which would be the damage. Whatever he did or did not do to her she shouldn't be making poo poo up about other people.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

- "Do you believe every woman who's been sexually assaulted somehow put herself in that position -- whether it was having drinks or agreeing to go to a hotel room?"
- "Absolutely not but just as we make smart decisions when we walk out on the street at night, I think you have to make the same decision when your putting yourself in circumstances with other people"

that very much sounds like she's literally saying that if you put yourself in a room with lurking rapist harvey weinstein, you reap what you sow.

if only she had come out and said that a handful of decades ago!

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

More than anything I think that defending rape victims is completely soul destroying. If you're defending a murderer all you have to do is say that your client isn't the murderer, you don't also have to say that the victim had it coming because she was a dumb slut.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

thekeeshman posted:

How is the judge a piece of poo poo? Kesha made a specific claim that turned out to be complete horseshit, and she did it to try and get Lady Gaga to stop working with Dr. Luke, which would be the damage. Whatever he did or did not do to her she shouldn't be making poo poo up about other people.

She gets a pass since she got hosed over in her case.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Alhazred posted:

More than anything I think that defending rape victims is completely soul destroying. If you're defending a murderer all you have to do is say that your client isn't the murderer, you don't also have to say that the victim had it coming because she was a dumb slut.

Any (possible) sarcasm in your post aside, they don't have to say any of that, it's just that the sad truth is that defense works so often in rape cases in this country that they pull that card just about every time. It's not even a legal defense, but judges and juries will buy into it because rape culture.

Anybody using the Slut Defense doesn't have a soul to destroy.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

*) in all countries

ps alhazred is doing a voice there yeah

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

thekeeshman posted:

Because he’s a judge in the US justice system, op

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I first read this as Kesha saying Dr. Luke raped Kesha, not Katy Perry. This being about a 3rd party is different

Nissin Cup Nudist fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Feb 7, 2020

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

thekeeshman posted:

You do not, in fact, gotta hand it to ISIS

TerrorTurtle
May 5, 2007

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Johnny Depp seems to be the victim in this situation. Is there something I'm missing?

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
That 2nd Audio is somehow more disturbing than the first.

Also this really interesting: Couples Therapist breaks down the Depp/Heard Audio.

TerrorTurtle posted:

Johnny Depp seems to be the victim in this situation. Is there something I'm missing?

It is kind of ironic. It's incredibly rare to get evidence anywhere near this concrete about these situations. The large majority of the time it's just someone's word about something someone else did years prior and the narrative is mass support for the victim. Yet in this case there seems to be an unusual amount of hedging and silence from the usual champions against domestic/sexual violence.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

-Blackadder- posted:

That 2nd Audio is somehow more disturbing than the first.

Also this really interesting: Couples Therapist breaks down the Depp/Heard Audio.

It is kind of ironic. It's incredibly rare to get evidence anywhere near this concrete about these situations. The large majority of the time it's just someone's word about something someone else did years prior and the narrative is mass support for the victim. Yet in this case there seems to be an unusual amount of hedging and silence from the usual champions against domestic/sexual violence.

"But think of the optics and how MRA/Incels/MGTOW will use this!"

The irony they're all missing is that by not addressing the fact that they hosed up, they're giving all those obnoxious fucks even MORE AND BETTER ammunition for their recruiting poo poo. But yeah that's part of it. The other part is a combination of grift and the admition of loving up being seen as weakness after going in as much and as aggressively as they did.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
This been posted yet?

https://meaww.com/corey-feldman-new...yhbZxQNijPeyX5Q

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh my gosh it will only air one time.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Sounds like one movie that people have a moral obligation to pirate the poo poo out of, if only so we have a permanent, shareable record.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I bet it's like the tape in the Ring

coronavirus
Jan 27, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Corey has a ton of issues and has been lying repeatedly about his own music and acting career, with severe delusions of grandeur and narcissism. That being said, I believe him 100% that he was sexually assaulted as a kid in hollywood.

Will be interesting to see if he actually has some pros involved with the making of the documentary. Hell, it should be 7 hours long because hollywood is filled to the brim with sex pests, power hungry fucks, and general perverts and pedophiles.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
So does Heard need to give back the $7mil she got through the divorce? Surely she has some stash from Auqaman but def not nearly $7mil.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Nobody tell Martin Shkreli about this.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Shaocaholica posted:

So does Heard need to give back the $7mil she got through the divorce? Surely she has some stash from Auqaman but def not nearly $7mil.

No, but she's being sued for defamation by Johnny Depp for $50 million, and this doesn't exactly help her defense.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Shaocaholica posted:

pretty sure she gave it away.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

coronavirus posted:

Corey has a ton of issues and has been lying repeatedly about his own music and acting career, with severe delusions of grandeur and narcissism. That being said, I believe him 100% that he was sexually assaulted as a kid in hollywood.

Will be interesting to see if he actually has some pros involved with the making of the documentary. Hell, it should be 7 hours long because hollywood is filled to the brim with sex pests, power hungry fucks, and general perverts and pedophiles.

Having read his book, my heart bleeds for Feldman and Haim as kids. What they went through was horrible. However, it's also true that adult Feldman is a career opportunist and has used this issue to further what's left of his 'career'.

He's repeatedly been going on TV for years saying that he could name names and they would shock you but it's too dangerous. Then when #metoo hits he immediately launches a kickstarter to fund a movie (not a documentary) about his story in which he again promises to name names.

This isn't even getting into the utterly hosed up 'Corey's Angels'. For those who don't know it's his own version of Playboy Playmates. Feldman claims he's helping 'lost' women who have come to Hollywood and is giving them an opportunity and doing things like controlling their diet and deciding what they should wear. But he's totally not exploiting them.

There's a great piece here where he does an interview about it and keeps digging himself deeper: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/corey-feldman-explains-coreys-angels-938512

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

DrVenkman posted:

This isn't even getting into the utterly hosed up 'Corey's Angels'. For those who don't know it's his own version of Playboy Playmates. Feldman claims he's helping 'lost' women who have come to Hollywood and is giving them an opportunity and doing things like controlling their diet and deciding what they should wear. But he's totally not exploiting them.

There's a great piece here where he does an interview about it and keeps digging himself deeper: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/corey-feldman-explains-coreys-angels-938512

WTF. Did Corey Feldman essentially recreate NXIVM? :stare:

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
More like an incredibly low rent version of the playboy mansion. I get major unintentional Tommy Wiseau vibes from anything that dude does.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

DrVenkman posted:

Having read his book, my heart bleeds for Feldman and Haim as kids. What they went through was horrible. However, it's also true that adult Feldman is a career opportunist and has used this issue to further what's left of his 'career'.

He's repeatedly been going on TV for years saying that he could name names and they would shock you but it's too dangerous. Then when #metoo hits he immediately launches a kickstarter to fund a movie (not a documentary) about his story in which he again promises to name names.

And this "it'll only air once" poo poo just reeks of being a grift, by artificially limiting its availability. Who wants to bet that it'll be made available specially by order from him?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Feldman also liked impersonating Michael Jackson (hell I watched him in person at an auction some years back) despite hanging out with him as a kid. He's never had a bad thing to say about him either.

the hot take would be "Michael Jackson is beyond reproach"

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
I guess MJ refrained from abusing his famous child friends. Macaulay Culkin also has never had a bad thing to say about him.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Gargamel Gibson posted:

I guess MJ refrained from abusing his famous child friends. Macaulay Culkin also has never had a bad thing to say about him.

There would actually be severe blowback there.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Peters
https://twitter.com/Jezebel/status/1039594297081974784?s=20

quote:

Peter's has also been involved in numerous Sexual harassment incidents, with Jezebel recording at least five known suits against him. [6]

quote:

When famed Hollywood producer Jon Peters allegedly exposed himself to his former personal assistant Shelly Morita and her two-year-old daughter, it was the final straw.

quote:

“I think I would have gone away and never done anything, but he crossed the line with my daughter,” she explained. “That’s what set me off. I was like, ‘I’m not going to put up with this.’”
:stonk:

https://twitter.com/TheTalkCBS/status/1227301272891666434?s=20
https://twitter.com/people/status/1227282481793130499?s=20

quote:

“Needless to say that when she texted me that she wanted to get married, it was kind of a dream come true even though I was engaged to someone else and the lady was moving in,” Peters told the outlet.

He also alleged that Anderson married him to pay off her debts.

“I dropped everything for Pam,” he claimed, according to Page Six. “She had almost $200,000 in bills and no way to pay it so I paid it and this is the thanks I get. There’s no fool like an old fool.”
:stonklol:

that is an expensive printer

apparently he was responsible for the Wild Wild West spider lmao

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Alan Smithee posted:

apparently he was responsible for the Wild Wild West spider lmao

LMAO, the minute I saw that name I thought "Wait, is this 'Giant Spider' Jon Peters"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I figured all these old fat rich guys knew their much more attractive spouses were marrying them for money.