Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

How can one Monkey Ball be better or worse than another? Isn't it all the same deal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Gripweed posted:

How can one Monkey Ball be better or worse than another? Isn't it all the same deal?

Imagine a monkey ball with a hub world

That is the hell Sega put us through.

Monkey Ball 2 is absolutely better than 1, though.

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

I think Monkey Ball was basically perfected by the time 2 came out, so anything you could add from there is guaranteed to fail. Jumping, enemies, boss battles, motion controls, Wii Balance Board...

Not a knock against any of those things. But the decision to put them in Monkey Ball was... interesting.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Not a Children posted:

Imagine four monkey balls on the edge of a cliff

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

They added boss battles and they are just not fun. I got to the second boss and peaced out.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
The best monkey ball level is the one with the guitar strings

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

LMFAO breath of the darkness

Zelda better have a guitar solo

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Okay, so normally we need to grind through each cigarette at a rate of about one per ten minutes over several years. But with this strat we're just gonna caaaarefully hold the entire box's contents in one hand and light them all at the same time to puff away. Repeating this will get us from healthy to cancerous lungs much quicker, but it's very risk-reward on being able to get ourselves healthy from there for the big experience gains in as short amount of time as possible without dying spontaneously from a heart attack.

Aaaand, the diagnosis is inoperably terminal in both lungs. Fantastic, this is just what we want! Normally we'd have to roll dice on the transplant path and see if the RNG decided to find a donor before our HP drain outpaces the medicine and life-support buffs, but there's a quicker path on this route. You see, this is why we kept spending all our social time with that one cousin instead of our friends; They're compatible for transplant organs as a backup in case we screw up on any route we take in this game aaaand we just cleared the social check to get them to offer us a lung. We'll be back on our feet and net some tidy social and EXP boosts out of doing it this way rather than living a healthy life in the same timeframe.

Now you'll notice we haven't picked up a marital partner yet in this run, and rather than mucking about in the dating sidegames, I've been using the limited social time slots to flirt with the attending nurse thanks to the empathy bonuses we get during treatment (and why I waited for the transplant option last after all the other procedures, rather than shooting right for it upon diagnosis)... Aaaand she turned us down, I should've asked BEFORE the surgery instead of after, my bad. Still, we're on life-support so it's easy enough to kill this run instead of shambling on for another 30-40 years trying to recoup the score; Just gonna reach over to pull the plug on the life-support and... there we go, flatline achieved. And that's why I filled out the DNR before surgery.

But first, we need to talk about parallel universes...

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'm gonna guess because youtube videos would make the 'game' redundant?

Maybe because it's based on a book and the book's rights-holders probably have something to do with it?

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Gripweed posted:

No. SMB1 is mostly dexterity challenges. A static or quickly moving stage that you have to navigate through. There's tons of room for mastery and improvement in your play. SMB2 is mostly gimmick and timing stages where you have push the right button or wait for the stage to align itself before going to the goal. There's less room for improvement, it's more about memorizing each stage's gimmick. Banana Blitz is boring, straightforward platforming challenges with a jump button.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

jackhunter64 posted:

New DLC for Two Point Hospital looking good

seriously considering getting it; Theme Hospital is the only sim game I ever beat the campaign for.

:rip: Bullfrog

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What's the best way to clean a Nintendo switch lite my son played while eating airheads

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

SeXReX posted:

I have this complete in box. The publishers are actually really aggressive about videos of it on YouTube and my friend who did speedruns of it got so many strikes they couldn't upload lmao

Couldn't you speed run that game by just being a non-smoker?

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

John Wick of Dogs posted:

What's the best way to clean a Nintendo switch lite my son played while eating airheads

Warm, damp rag. Rubbing alcohol.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
It is the year 2067. I sit alone in a darkened room, repeatedly hitting refresh on Slay the Spire, hoping one day the Watcher Update will be released. My grandchildren plead with me to come onto the porch and enjoy the new pollution filtration system that has been installed. Not yet, children. Not yet.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Just get rid of it and get a new one. I hear they've got a 15-year warranty, or 20 if you got one of the good kids

No idea what to do about the Switch, sorry.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

where the heck is the drat nintendo direct. I'm about to storm nintendo headquarters and demand answers

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Dogs really shouldn't eat candy.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Inu posted:

I've been enjoying River City Girls for the most part, but I've reached the fashion designer boss, and is it just me, or is there a sudden, insane difficulty spike? I've died almost 10 times already.

The trick to the bosses is to memorize the patterns for each of their "acts" and once you get a decent rhythm down, stock up on a crap ton of healing items.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

:sever:

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Tempura Wizard posted:

It is the year 2067. I sit alone in a darkened room, repeatedly hitting refresh on Slay the Spire, hoping one day the Watcher Update will be released. My grandchildren plead with me to come onto the porch and enjoy the new pollution filtration system that has been installed. Not yet, children. Not yet.

"What's he doing?" "Shh, baby, it's okay, sometimes Grandpa just forgets there's no Internet anymore."

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

No. 6 posted:

Warm, damp rag. Rubbing alcohol.

Right but what does he use on the Switch

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

leave him out in the woods to his own devices. if he survives and finds his way back to you, however, you must allow him to destroy you.

what was the question again

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Tempura Wizard posted:

LMAO good lord is this ever me, and I am absolute GARBAGE at this game.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
oh dang twewy is $30 at best buy right now. tempting if i wasn't about to get the fire emblem dlc!!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

romanowski posted:

where the heck is the drat nintendo direct. I'm about to storm nintendo headquarters and demand answers

They gotta do one before Animal Crossing. There's still so much we don't know!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Gripweed posted:

They gotta do one before Animal Crossing. There's still so much we don't know!

I predict we'll get a normal one and then a New Horizons focused one a few weeks after.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i greatly enjoyed Wide Ocean, Big Jacket. thanks for reading

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Speedrunning smoking is similar to speedrunning life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzyUcXR05Z4

Mainly I wanted an excuse to post this.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

SeANMcBAY posted:

I predict we'll get a normal one and then a New Horizons focused one a few weeks after.

That makes sense, they don't want Animal Crossing to get overshadowed by the announcement of the Ring Fit Adventure DLC, or vice versa

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
My uncle that works at 4chan told me that the next Nintendo Direct will be focused on what the next Nintendo Direct will be.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

the next nintendo direct will announce the glorious return of wrecking crew

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

Mega64 posted:

Speedrunning smoking is similar to speedrunning life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzyUcXR05Z4

Mainly I wanted an excuse to post this.

Username/content combo...?

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Lazy_Liberal posted:

oh dang twewy is $30 at best buy right now. tempting if i wasn't about to get the fire emblem dlc!!

It goes down to $20 on the reg, and frankly that's about what it's worth

The music is still great on not-tinny-DS-speakers and the story is still pretty engaging in 2020 but the controls made me drop it as soon as I got to endgame

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam
My girlfriend's preorder of the animal crossing switch at Target was just cancelled. She's pretty unhappy about it as animal crossing is really the only series she cares about. What would be the best way to procure one? Brickseek.com closer to release date and camp at a store that's shown to have one?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Seems like that's one you would want digitally so you're not share having to swap it out

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
go to the store and buy one or order it online like any other kids game

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Seems like that's one you would want digitally so you're not share having to swap it out

Swap out...?

Once AC comes out, all other games become irrelevant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buffbus
Nov 19, 2012