Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
hmmmmm. On the one hand this is out of nowhere on the other hand hambeet/lumpen are my fave scum picks at the moment so I'll switch for this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

##unvote

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

xiw posted:

##unvote

(don't panic, just thinking about this a bit before I switch)

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Leith Maclaine posted:

Okay Sal, it is up to you.

When I flip town, remember RF's post about charms protecting xiw. It sounds like the 3 scum covering each other.

You think xiw and charms are scum together?

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

Biggest concern about this is that this upgrades hambeet

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

xiw posted:

Well, poo poo.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

With RF if I read correctly

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

xiw posted:

hmmm would scum upgrade scum possibly?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

Charms I can see. Leith I can see. RF I can see. But I don’t see xiw, honestly.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

Hal Incandenza posted:

hmmm would scum upgrade scum possibly?

don't see why not, if the country targets were assigned with the roles.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

xiw posted:

don't see why not, if the country targets were assigned with the roles.

A quick look at the targets implies strongly that they're thematic / neighbours for the country rather than at random, so would be assigned before scum/town allocation

Charms - hungary - Ottomans
CPig-Ottomans-Byzantium
hambeet-Byzantium-venice
Leith-Venice-Genoa
Humalong-Genoa-Denmark
Steak-Denmark-Russia
AA-Russia-Poland SURVIVOR
B-Minus1-Poland-Prussia
Lumpen-Prussia-Burgundy
ETR-Burgundy-England
Sal-England-France
2Penny-France-Castile
xiw - castile - aragon
rf - aragon - papal states
Hal-papal states-Austria
IlegallySober-Austria-Hungary

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
I feel conflicted. I think Charms is a better case and the sudden shift makes me suspicious, but Leith has been erratic and rolefishing and that super awkward post. I would hammer.

9 minutes left.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.

Mr. Humalong posted:

RF and charms,

They could choose to not kill xiw while Charms is bodyguarding him.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

Okay let's go ##vote Leith Maclaine :redhammer:

watch out for hambeet tomorrow i reckon, upgraded redirection scares me lategame.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hal Incandenza posted:

See that's mainly my case against Leith, they're just tossing out whatever

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
GG all,

Go get them Town.

:)

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

Leith Maclaine (5): Retro Futurist, charms, Mr. Humalong, Hal Incandenza, xiw
charms (3): hambeet, Lumpen, Leith Maclaine, xiw, xiw
SalTheBard (1): SalTheBard
Retro Futurist (0): Mr. Humalong, Leith Maclaine, Leith Maclaine, Mr. Humalong
hambeet (0): xiw, xiw
Lumpen (0): xiw, xiw

Not Voting (0):

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 08th, 2020 at 6 p.m. CST -- that's in about 3 minutes.

The current day's mod post count is: 2

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Leith Maclaine, Independent Nation-Aligned Venice has been exiled.
Power Name: Mediterranean Fleet
Base Power: you can select 2 players, you will track one of them (randomly), you will not be told who you tracked
Upgraded Power: Normal Tracker
Target: Genoa

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Retro Futurist, Independent Nation-Aligned Aragon has been Invaded.
Power Name: Merchant Companies
Basic Power: Learn what country a player is, and what country that player wants dead.
Upgraded Power: Learn what their current ability is as well.
Upgrade Target: Papal States

xiw, Independent Nation-Aligned Castille has been Invaded.
Power Name: Spanish Inquisition
Basic Power: "Each player you can select 3 players, you will investigate a random player from the submitted list.
You will not know which you investigated"
Upgraded Power: Can Select 3 players and will be told if they are all town, or that at least 1 of them is not town.
Upgrade Target: Aragon

Hal Incandenza, Independent Nation-Aligned Papal States has been Invaded.
Power Name: Papal Visits
Basic Power: "Can visit any country, establishing a temporary masonry with them,
however you are lovers with that country until you visit another country"
Upgraded Power: Lover only happens if you are the killedt, not if your mason partner killed.
EDIT: Upgraded power makes this a 1-way lover relationship. If Hal dies, takes their mason partner with them, not vice-versa. (Edit to clear up confusion)
Upgrade Target: Austria

hambeet, Secret Alliance-Aligned Byzantium has been Closed their borders in Mourning.
Power Name: Bastion of Rome
Basic Power: "Any actions directed at you will be redirected to a player of your choice.
This is an activated ability, if you do not submit a target, no redirect will occur.
Neither you, nor anyone taking action will be informed that they have been redirected.
Cannot Redirect Nightkills"
Upgraded Power: You will know if (but not who) you are targetted and by how many people.
Upgrade Target: Venice

Amnistar fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Feb 9, 2020

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 6

Not Voting (4): charms, Lumpen, Mr. Humalong, SalTheBard

With 4 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 12th, 2020 at 6 p.m. CST -- that's in about 3 days, 3 hours.

The current day's mod post count is: 2

charms
Oct 14, 2012

:stare:

Did anyone else get a more ambiguous report this night? I protected xiw, but it said my action appears successful this time.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

charms posted:

:stare:

Did anyone else get a more ambiguous report this night? I protected xiw, but it said my action appears successful this time.
My action also “appeared successful”.
I know for a fact that you are lying about protecting Xiw, and your role claim was a lie. I will clam if necessary but it really shouldn’t be.
##vote Charms

charms
Oct 14, 2012

Lumpen posted:

I know for a fact that you are lying about protecting Xiw, and your role claim was a lie. I will clam if necessary but it really shouldn’t be.
##vote Charms

I guess you just expect Sal and Hum to just take your word for it? If that works then you probably deserve Europe.

##vote Lumpen

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Lumpen posted:

##vote Charms

I would appreciate your claim, since I saw you visit the same target as me and my intended target is dead.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Mr. Humalong posted:

I would appreciate your claim, since I saw you visit the same target as me and my intended target is dead.
I killed Xiw. Hambeet killed Hal (and himself). Charms killed AA, CPig, and RF.

I am not going to insult your intelligence or Sal's.

I am Secret Alliance. Charms is a Serial Killer (we presumed).

If you vote me out today, Charms will kill one of you tonight unless you have protection, and the other one of you will be Endgamed. For an SK win.

If you vote Charms out today, Hambeet and 2Penny and I will likely win, depending on what power you have, Humalong.

If we hammer nobody today, maybe Charms and I will kill each other, or maybe we will both kill the same one of you, or maybe we'll each kill one of you and then we'll see who's the quickest draw in a final showdown. Probably the SK.

This game has been amazing and really really fun, and I can't wait for you guys to read the chat between Hambeet and I. He's been one of the best buddies I've had a chance to play with, and he went out with the highest postcount, making plays all the way. We worked really hard to play a great game and had a lot of respect for a lot of the Town's plays. We thought there was a second team for a while, so my hunting at least was mostly sincere.

Charms lurked their rear end off this game, and frankly I don't think Charms deserves the win. But it's up to Town to pick which non-Town will win, or no-hammer to play some game theory.

If Amnistar would agree to it, I would also accept a "happily ever after" shared victory/stalemate if we kill Charms now, I withhold my kill, and then tomorrow we no-hammer again, and all agree that we will repeat that for all eternity. We can call it a peace treaty and say England, Genoa, and Prussia forged a new alliance.

I have to play a Dungeon World tabletop game starting in like 10 minutes, so I won't be around for a few hours, but don't be hasty, I'll be back to discuss more later.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Well the best play for town is to no lunch and let you two decide whether or not to kill each other.

My upgrade makes me a very bad target for night kills, especially for a faction of one.

charms
Oct 14, 2012

That'd just lead to the same situation again, with one less player. The bodyguard claim was a fake provided by the game master, but I did actually have a 1-shot bp, which got upgraded to infinite after I killed CPig.

I'll admit that whatever the Allies were planning last night was a solid move. If it weren't for Hal targeting hambeet (also brilliant) and turning the situation into a stalemate the Alliance would've won the whole game. And Lumpen had me fooled, my main theory was that the Allies were obsessed with him and tried to kill him on both the first and second nights, getting foiled each time.

And I know I haven't been posting enough. This is my first game of forums mafia, I still don't really have scumreading down - I went after RF because I thought he was one of the Allies. Being the serial killer also complicated things. But luck ended up being enough to bring me this far, especially with the townies suddenly deciding to lunch Leith instead of me at the eleventh hour.

A town victory is impossible at this point unless I'm being seriously bamboozled, but everything is revealed so I'm not sure what's next.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

It would take a colossally stupid mod to give a serial killer permanent bulletproof.

I don’t believe you.

I’m also not going to vote so you and Lumpen have to wait out the deadline.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I loving knew Lumpen was scum

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

SalTheBard posted:

I loving knew Lumpen was scum
Well, you were right.
I realize I was mean to you on D3 but we really wanted to get rid of the Jail threat. You saved Hal on N1 by jailing me, so actually you might be Town MVP.
I hope it wasn't really an unfun game for you, Sal. I like being in games with you.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Man it sure is a loving shame I let myself get shamed into using Martial Law. A loving jail would be really useful right now.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

charms posted:

That'd just lead to the same situation again, with one less player. The bodyguard claim was a fake provided by the game master, but I did actually have a 1-shot bp, which got upgraded to infinite after I killed CPig.
If this is true then voting out Charms is the only alternative to a SK victory, which I think would be a distinctly non-awesome way for this rollercoaster of a game to end.

Lumpen posted:

I would also accept a "happily ever after" shared victory/stalemate if we kill Charms now, I withhold my kill, and then tomorrow we no-hammer again, and all agree that we will repeat that for all eternity. We can call it a peace treaty and say England, Genoa, and Prussia forged a new alliance.
This offer is still on the table. I swear upon my 10+ years of unsullied meta LumpenHonor™ I will withhold tonight’s kill if we vote out Charms today, and then vote no-kill on D7. Trust me and I’ll trust you.

charms
Oct 14, 2012

I'd be tempted...

Every time the allies have tried to kill anyone this game, something went horribly wrong. If that misfortune persists for just one more night, then the independent nations could win.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 6

Lumpen (1): charms
charms (1): Lumpen

Not Voting (2): Mr. Humalong, SalTheBard

With 4 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 12th, 2020 at 6 p.m. CST -- that's in about 1 day, 23 hours.

"No Lynch" is a valid vote target.

charms
Oct 14, 2012

No point in stringing this out.

##vote No Lynch

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Him what do you want to do?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

Draw it out and make them wait.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

They can decide if they're going to kill each other or not. Not my problem.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Mr. Humalong posted:

Draw it out and make them wait.

Haha I like the spite :-D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

The mod has confirmed my action is the best one to take.