Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Rejiggering my Sword team to one that will serve me for the long haul and overthinking it; is Applin/Flapple an adequate answer for lategame Dragon teams y/n

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Like, I wanna put in something that would be good against dragons, but the pokemon I'd be subbing it in for is the only one I have with an inherent type advantage against Water, which seems like a pretty important one to have an answer for, hence Applin

I could alternately just say gently caress it and use the milk one or the imp one to handle dragons and figure out water on a case-by-case basis, so I wanted a testimonial to know whether Flapple was consensus good or bad to help me decide

While I'm at it, same for Alcremie and Grimmsnarl, what's the general consensus on these pokemon's relative worth

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Tayter Swift posted:

wait hold the phone

What are we holding the phone about?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Fairies are very good against most dragons

GenSpecific
Aug 17, 2005
IT'S IDEAS LIKE THIS THAT GET PEOPLE KILLED!!!!

Slippery Tilde

loquacius posted:

Like, I wanna put in something that would be good against dragons, but the pokemon I'd be subbing it in for is the only one I have with an inherent type advantage against Water, which seems like a pretty important one to have an answer for, hence Applin

I could alternately just say gently caress it and use the milk one or the imp one to handle dragons and figure out water on a case-by-case basis, so I wanted a testimonial to know whether Flapple was consensus good or bad to help me decide

While I'm at it, same for Alcremie and Grimmsnarl, what's the general consensus on these pokemon's relative worth

Mr. Rime with freeze dry does water and dragon. Plus you can get the 80 power grass move, psychic, and thunderbolt.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Fairies are very good against most dragons

yeah, that's why I narrowed the non-apple choice down to milk or imp, just wanted to know whether any of those specific choices had a particular reputation in The Community

I tend to make a rule of only using new 'mons for each gen which sort of restricts my options here

e:

GenSpecific posted:

Mr. Rime with freeze dry does water and dragon. Plus you can get the 80 power grass move, psychic, and thunderbolt.

lol holy poo poo he owns

I already have a Psychic type in Orbeetle but Mr Rime appears to be also a good option

loquacius fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Feb 10, 2020

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

loquacius posted:

yeah, that's why I narrowed the non-apple choice down to milk or imp, just wanted to know whether any of those specific choices had a particular reputation in The Community

I tend to make a rule of only using new 'mons for each gen which sort of restricts my options here

Use whoever you want, the in-game story trainers are easy as heck

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Mimikyu is my favorite Fairy type beater but it's a coin flip against Dragapult (my worst enemy). It has a weirdly high Sp Def too. Between that, Diguise, Double Team, and Phantom Force, Mimikyu can be surprisingly difficult to kill and hits real fuckin hard.

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.
Speaking about the story being easy, battle tower was easier than I was expecting it to be. I've seen people posting breeding guides, pokemon choosing strategies, etc. After beating the story I just used the Eternatus, legendary sword dogo & my grass starter to max the solo rank. Like, I lost few battles here and there but those three were strong enough.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

kaaj posted:

Speaking about the story being easy, battle tower was easier than I was expecting it to be. I've seen people posting breeding guides, pokemon choosing strategies, etc. After beating the story I just used the Eternatus, legendary sword dogo & my grass starter to max the solo rank. Like, I lost few battles here and there but those three were strong enough.

Oh dude. Poteageist + shell smash + white herb one shots EVERTHING.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

Use whoever you want, the in-game story trainers are easy as heck

i beat the entire main story using only my starter its DUMMY easy

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Kvlt! posted:

i beat the entire main story using only my starter its DUMMY easy

Likewise, this is the easiest Pokemon game since the original Red/Blue in my opinion.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

It's cat time in the Discord server, come on over if you like cats.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Tayter Swift posted:

wait hold the phone

finish him

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

:ssh: come to the discord my friends.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Kurieg posted:

:ssh: come to the discord my friends.

Wait! That's illegal! :siren:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Framboise posted:

Wait! That's illegal! :siren:

then this is double illegal.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
If those won't get me banned for having them, I do want them. I just probably won't be on tonight. <_<;

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
I'm replaying white and route 7 has different paths, and multiple directions to go, and I'm like 'whoa'

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Can you wonder trade the hacked in pokes after breeding more?

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Can you wonder trade the hacked in pokes after breeding more?
Yes. They're not going to punish people for this, people are receiving them entirely by chance.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Mizuti posted:

Yes. They're not going to punish people for this, people are receiving them entirely by chance.

Hmmm maybe I should get my hands on a few of these unjustfully sealed away pokemon and start bringing beauty to the world

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Haven't seen it mentioned here, but you can currently go and vote for Totodile for best Pokemon of the Year, so if you are a true Pokemon Master, you should

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1225058604631449600

e:

Though this guy makes a compelling argument

https://twitter.com/Bozart16/status/1225059562484617216

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Aggron rules yeah

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Could do without the half dozen slurs, though.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
haha, curse words and slurs! comedy gold!

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Uhh who cares about any of that, when Aggron is in the same category as the fluffy cloud dragon made of hugs and song? The one that’s also the most powerful fairy and still a dragon when mega evolved? You can imagine it being endorsed with a bunch of slurs and swears if you want.

E: Actually, don’t. Altaria is too pure for that poo poo.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

indigi posted:

haha, curse words and slurs! comedy gold!

this but unironically

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

All y'all fools are sleeping on our phantom thief friend Roserade and you should be ashamed. He's here to steal hearts and eat bugs and he's all outta bugs.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Flopsy posted:

All y'all fools are sleeping on our phantom thief friend Roserade and you should be ashamed. He's here to steal hearts and eat bugs and he's all outta bugs.

Phantom Leaf

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

You. You get it.

:hmmyes:

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

more accursed Pokemon are being worked on through today from your goon friends~

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Voting for Shuckle.

EDIT: wonder trading some illegal pokemon to incriminate innocent players and I'm STILL getting dreepys in return.

Please stop overpopulating the dragons.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Feb 11, 2020

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

It's finally time for simisage's redempti-

sorry. Couldn't get through it without cracking up.

Flopsy: you still need someone with a 3DS to help you with stuff?

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Nth Doctor posted:

It's finally time for simisage's redempti-

sorry. Couldn't get through it without cracking up.

Flopsy: you still need someone with a 3DS to help you with stuff?

Why would you pick the only good monkey to make this joke???

Alloran
Dec 30, 2014

I think this line is mostly filler.
Simisage is the best of the three. Simipour is very meh and Simisear is just the most punchable thing.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Cattail Prophet posted:

Why would you pick the only good monkey to make this joke???

Simisear actually ended up at the literal bottom of some big voting contest held in JP, they prob mis-remembered that one.

Avalerion fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Feb 11, 2020

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Last night I thought I was being hot poo poo by bringing a Musharna with Imprison, Gleam, Calm mind and Psychic to a GMax Hatterene raid. "Hehehehe, try to struggle your way out of this one bitch". It didn't work :downs:

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Avalerion posted:

Simisear actually ended up at the literal bottom of some big voting contest held in JP, they prob mis-remembered that one.

It was this.

Though I'm not crazy about any of the 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

If Simisear isn't in dead last place like it was back in Gen V, we have failed as a species