Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

showing up at someone's house and shooting them seems a pretty bad thing to do................ scumalong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Steak posted:

anyway, i should stop talking about my own meta before humalong literally shows up at my house and shoots me
:allears:

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I mean that would lead to a quicker resolution to the game.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

but how did he know im a serial killer?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Aside from Gulag's thing, I see I missed very little of substance. Though that was pretty funny, so eh. Don't have many thoughts from most of that whole lotta nothing, really. I just get the vibe from it that right now scum are mostly lurking and generally only posting when called out on it.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

agreed. vote leith @all

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
I am not sure if it is an alignment tell but b- impersonating Sandwolf was drat funny.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I was just waiting to see how long it would take someone to notice I wasn't posting tbqh

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Is there a reason for that?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Personal amusement

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Uh, okay? Have any reads or anything else of substance to go along with being here now, IP?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I think it's weird that the mod would put in two compulsive visitors but only have one of them die if they visit the wrong target

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

IcePhoenix posted:

I think it's weird that the mod would put in two compulsive visitors but only have one of them die if they visit the wrong target

you may as well claim more than that.

also, probably the net good and bad of our roles is the same. thats how balance works

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
er, mafia edit:

probably the net good and bad of our roles is the same zero

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 0

Sandwolf (3): merk, merk, Amnistar, merk, b-minus1
Leith Maclaine (3): GulagDolls, MegaZeroX, GulagDolls, GulagDolls, dmboogie
b-minus1 (2): Dragonatrix, Dragonatrix, Mr. Humalong, Ruggan
GulagDolls (2): Mr. Steak, Anomalous Amalgam
Anomalous Amalgam (1): merk, merk, George Kansas
Mr. Steak (1): Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Nep-Nep
MegaZeroX (1): Amnistar, Anomalous Amalgam, Sandwolf, Leith Maclaine, Dragonatrix, Anomalous Amalgam, Sandwolf, Dragonatrix, Amnistar
Ruggan (1): Hunt11, b-minus1, Mr. Steak, b-minus1, Mr. Steak
Eat The Rich (1): Dragonatrix
George Kansas (1): Sandwolf
Mr. Humalong (0): merk, merk
Amnistar (0): b-minus1, Anomalous Amalgam, b-minus1, Anomalous Amalgam
Hal Incandenza (0): Nep-Nep, Nep-Nep
Hunt11 (0): merk, merk
merk (0): Mr. Steak, Ruggan, Mr. Steak, Ruggan
Dragonatrix (0): GulagDolls, Sandwolf, MegaZeroX, GulagDolls, MegaZeroX, Sandwolf

Not Voting (4): Eat The Rich, Hal Incandenza, IcePhoenix, Retro Futurist

With 20 alive, it's 11 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 11th, 2020 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 12 hours, 25 minutes.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Busy day at work and not going to be able to post a lot before vote time.

I am weak town role so actually lunching me will not hurt town much and get us out of joke phase. I would rather lunch scum but being lunched will not hurt town dramatically.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Mr. Steak posted:

you may as well claim more than that.

also, probably the net good and bad of our roles is the same. thats how balance works

I already told you everything there is to say about it

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Leith Maclaine posted:

Busy day at work and not going to be able to post a lot before vote time.

I am weak town role so actually lunching me will not hurt town much and get us out of joke phase. I would rather lunch scum but being lunched will not hurt town dramatically.

better than nothing ##vote leith

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I’m making a call. Leith is town

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
ctrl-f merk

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mr. Humalong posted:

Actually Lumpen lists are always bad. They force people to give some sort of read on every player in the game and in a game of this size, this early on, most people are not going to have reads of everyone in the game. It causes town players to end up looking scummy because they have to stretch to provide some sort of read on every single player and it lets scum look better because they can manufacture brief reads on people and steer the conversation using the lists.

Notably, Lumpen once ran a game where everyone was forced to post a lumpen list during each game day. I believe it ended in a perfect scum victory.

It did.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

b-minus1 posted:

I’m making a call. Leith is town

Agreed. And that steak vote is poo poo.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Humalong taking Steak's claim at complete face value is the actual scummiest thing to happen today. ##vote Humalong

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I don't know what's going on in this game, ngl.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Deadline tonight huh, delicious. Cult, remember, I'm your boy. Your number 1 pick. The all-star. Town Mans, Scum Mans, don't be a bum man, make me cult.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
AA is there a reason why you are constantly trying to seem as an eager volunteer for the cult?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Hunt11 posted:

AA is there a reason why you are constantly trying to seem as an eager volunteer for the cult?

Cult games are biased towards cult victory unless the cult gets caught early on, so I wanna be on the winning side. A game this size with a cult, it's unlikely the cult recruiter gets aced n1, and knowing toal, despite this being a lower powered game from what I can tell, probably has some immunity to being NK'd right away themselves.

Don't know if it's cult + scum + 3p (sk/ or hunter) or if it cult + (3p hunter/ or sk) only, but I assume it's one of these two set ups or close to it.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'd also vote Steak because I think he might have slipped with that claim.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##vote aa

and no im not cult recruiter, nor do i understand your logic. do recruiters normally die when they visit a certain faction?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i'd just vote him.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GulagDolls posted:

i'd just vote him.

can you please post something useful for once?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also, you have a similar username to the role flavor of our only cult flip, so...

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mr. Steak posted:

##vote aa

and no im not cult recruiter, nor do i understand your logic. do recruiters normally die when they visit a certain faction?

A cult recruiter usually dies if he visits scum or SK.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Steak posted:

##vote aa

rudeeee, i thought we were tighter than this. Like PB & J.

My heart is breaking.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Okay, now I am feeling this is cult AA which is trying to do this entire gambit since they know that if they were town, cult wouldn't visit them and thus they would make themselves look like town tomorrow when a watcher watches them and sees no one visit.

##vote AA

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

merk posted:

A cult recruiter usually dies if he visits scum or SK.

well, so will i, i guess. lol

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

MegaZeroX posted:

Okay, now I am feeling this is cult AA which is trying to do this entire gambit since they know that if they were town, cult wouldn't visit them and thus they would make themselves look like town tomorrow when a watcher watches them and sees no one visit.

##vote AA

What a twist!

THis is just town AA.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

MegaZeroX posted:

##vote AA

that seems like a bit of a stretch.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Just to clean things up until I can get a chance to review.

##unvote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I think I will also ##vote AA as a lot of there recent stuff is just them claiming to be town who is willing to sell everything out and do whatever is useful for the cult.