Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

I love Andrew's "OOOOOOH owieowieowieowieowieowieowie" recurring catchphrase. It's come out the last year or so and it 's a great new catchphrase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I realize that they're busy with making tons of good stuff for the Patreon, but I'm gonna miss the On Screen Oscar Special this year

Seeing them predict who gets Farina'd is always a joy.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I realize that they're busy with making tons of good stuff for the Patreon, but I'm gonna miss the On Screen Oscar Special this year

Seeing them predict who gets Farina'd is always a joy.

Oh they're not releasing one? Dangit.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I kind of wish there was a monthly like... Fancy We Hate Movies where they talk about series movies.

But I guess after years of riffing it would be hard to not get into dirty jokes about Honeyland.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

UP-date:

quote:

Attention Big Daddies!

Just a quick FYI: the Episode release schedule will remain the same, but in our Latest Dispatch we had assumed that we would be able to do the Live Listener Request Drawing on Youtube on Wednesday February 12th but due to Andrew and Steve both moving within a week of one another (Not Together! Stopping the rumors of their torrid affair here) kind of made that impossible.

So, we'll be doing the Live Drawing Thursday, February 13th at 7pm on our Youtube channel. Please be sure you're subscribed to https://www.youtube.com/user/WeHateMovies to watch along and view our pained faces as we discover the trash we have to watch in March!

That's it! Everything else remains the same.

Take it easy,
Steve

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
lotta movies lately I don't care about. bummer

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Cruel Intentions is a movie I've been waiting years for them to do and it does not disappoint.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

clown shoes posted:

Cruel Intentions is a movie I've been waiting years for them to do and it does not disappoint.

I haven't listened yet, but I'm really looking forward to it. Especially with Angelica Jade Bastién back. She was fantastic on the Species episode.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Because of this episode, I just learned that there's a loving jukebox musical based on this movie and I'm irrationally angry about that and I don't know why.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Dear lord, I had to pause and pre-laugh before that Jesse Ventura/The Body gag.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Angelica is the loving best.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

I still love the podcast but slowly realizing I don't like episodes of recent movies, be it this year's or ''recent'' as in 10 years ago. It feels like dumb but weird 80s and 90s movies make better episodes than just dumb movies from the 2000s forward.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

ravenkult posted:

I still love the podcast but slowly realizing I don't like episodes of recent movies, be it this year's or ''recent'' as in 10 years ago. It feels like dumb but weird 80s and 90s movies make better episodes than just dumb movies from the 2000s forward.

That's because they're not being subjected to direct-to-dvd "what the gently caress is this" from the 2000s all that much.

Which still isn't nearly as entertainingly bad as the schlock of the 70s-90s, to be fair.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
I still like the recent episodes (because I view the movies more as a springboard for listening to funny dudes, rather than caring about the subject itself), but I agree that the 80's and 90's movies make the best material. I imagine the turn towards more recent movies is because they get more downloads since most people prefer movies they've heard of already.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
What is with all this talk about the pivot to more recent movies? They haven't. The ten year rule is still a thing. They still do the same thing they've always done with the addition of Patreon which is just bonus content.

Nouvelle Vague
Feb 16, 2011

Endut! Hoch Hech!

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Angelica is the loving best.

Her low-key “ew” at Eric was amazing.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

clown shoes posted:

What is with all this talk about the pivot to more recent movies? They haven't. The ten year rule is still a thing. They still do the same thing they've always done with the addition of Patreon which is just bonus content.

I think it’s that we (SA posters, who are by and large in our mid 30s or older by now) remember these movies more clearly than some 20-25 year old would. If the boys do a movie from 2004 I’m like “that movie isn’t that old!” Because I was in my early 20s then. Some millennial listener isn’t going to have the same experience because they were 5 or 10 or some poo poo.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

I’m barely into the new episode but riffing further off the “furry murder movie”: Knives Out 2 at a furry convention

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
The Rules of Attraction is...bad???
17 year old me is gonna travel through time and fight these fat men over this

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
The picks for listener request months are in :

- Death wish 4
-A sound of Thunder
-The commuter
-Queen of the damned
-Law abiding citizen

And for pateron we love movies episode : Paris Buler day off .
Animation Damnation : Gumy bears ,pilot episode ( is that a thing that exists??)
Glip-glossayr : Kneesa ( again... what??)
The nexus : TNG: MASKS and The captains holiday .

admataY fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Feb 14, 2020

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

admataY posted:

- Death wish 4
-A sound of Thunder
-The commuter
-Queen of the damned
-Law abiding citizen

Animation Damnation : Gumy bears ,pilot episode ( is that a thing that exists??)

Kneesa is apparently a ewok princess. Which means it'll probably be a bonkers ep

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Arson Daily posted:

I think it’s that we (SA posters, who are by and large in our mid 30s or older by now) remember these movies more clearly than some 20-25 year old would. If the boys do a movie from 2004 I’m like “that movie isn’t that old!” Because I was in my early 20s then. Some millennial listener isn’t going to have the same experience because they were 5 or 10 or some poo poo.

mid 30's is a millenial. I think the cut off is 35/36 or something like that. as a 32 year old I know my place.

Nouvelle Vague
Feb 16, 2011

Endut! Hoch Hech!

admataY posted:

- Death wish 4
-A sound of Thunder
-The commuter
-Queen of the damned
-Law abiding citizen

The Gummy Bears theme loving ruled.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

The Commuter makes me wish they’d do Non-Stop, the first of the weird Neeson/Collet-Serra trilogy. It’s a film with a big secret!

The secret is that it’s about 9/11

E: It’s a quadrilogy!

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

admataY posted:

- Death wish 4
-A sound of Thunder
-The commuter
-Queen of the damned
-Law abiding citizen

Was Paris Bueller a typo or is it a European knock off? I actually hate that movie and love these dudes but always like the show more when I've seen the movie in question. I never got why people like FBDO so will look forward to that along with Law Abiding Citzen that my mom got me to watch by saying it was good.

I humored her and said I liked it.

Foiled again though on suggestions. I called in and tried to get them to do a musical themed month which I think they could really wreck poo poo with and dunk on hard. I tried:

Phantom of the Paradise (Paul Williams)
Graffiti Bridge (Prince)
Can't Stop the Music (Village People)
Cool As Ice (Vanilla Ice)

Do they do Halloween suggestions because Phantom would be right up their alley as either a We Love or a We Hate. I love it to death but pretty sure these dudes could do a hard number on it.

Who's the co-host they had on a week or so ago? She's really funny, fits in well and apparently does some writing and poo poo that I'd like to check out.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

BiggerBoat posted:

Who's the co-host they had on a week or so ago? She's really funny, fits in well and apparently does some writing and poo poo that I'd like to check out.

https://www.vulture.com/author/angelica-jade-bastien/

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
3 years in a row I've been skunked on my Enterprise requests! I want "A Night in Sickbay" soooo bad. Masks should be a good episode though.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

FistEnergy posted:

lotta movies lately I don't care about. bummer

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Would absolutely watch a Ferris bueller reboot with Paris Hilton.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

I loving love ferris bueller so I’m totally fine with this

I’m sure at least one of the main feed movies I’ve never heard of will be a good episode, LRM always has at least one top-tier one it seems

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Oh man, Law Abiding Citizen is such an amazingly dumb movie. I enjoyed it much more the second time when a friend told me to view it as a grimdark Tom and Jerry cartoon.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

God, A Sound Of Thunder was so loving bad. The god awful CGI, the unemoting protagonist, the stupid as hell "science", the "baboonasaurus", Ben Kingsley's wig... I hope this leads to a beat down as throrough and hilarious as the LXG episode.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Feb 14, 2020

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Sound of Thunder has an amazing bit where they use green-screen for two characters walking down the street and they seem to be on a treadmill.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Splint Chesthair posted:

Sound of Thunder has an amazing bit where they use green-screen for two characters walking down the street and they seem to be on a treadmill.

Lol, I thought I somehow was the only person who noticed that. How it wasn't mentioned in every single review of that movie is beyond me.

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
I was curious so i looked for an image of Ben Kingsley in a wig in Sound of thunder ... and I was not ready

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Law Abiding Citizen made me realise I should have requested John Q. Iirc it's the same sort of thing (citizen against the system) but way dumber. I've never even heard of Sound of Thunder but that wig has me interested.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Once again, Ben Kingsley steals a role from a hard working Metalunan.

BiggerBoat posted:

Do they do Halloween suggestions because Phantom would be right up their alley as either a We Love or a We Hate. I love it to death but pretty sure these dudes could do a hard number on it.

No way is that not a (begrudging) We Love Movies.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

I’ve never heard of most of those movies movies.

I kind of hate FBDO, but it left this incredible imprint in my brain that won’t let me ever truly dislike it. I think I identified more with Cameron as a child than any other character in movie history. gently caress, his dad was going to be so pissed.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

I’ve never heard of most of those movies movies.

I kind of hate FBDO, but it left this incredible imprint in my brain that won’t let me ever truly dislike it. I think I identified more with Cameron as a child than any other character in movie history. gently caress, his dad was going to be so pissed.

A Sound of Thunder was the only one I hadn't heard of somehow. The rest, I had heard of but never bothered to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

admataY posted:

I was curious so i looked for an image of Ben Kingsley in a wig in Sound of thunder ... and I was not ready

I dunno what's the worst special effect in that movie: that wig, the aforementioned "treadmill" scene or this: