Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Mega Man having weird properties like that is what makes him one of the most fun characters, I just wish they wouldn't increase the % chance to get Bounce since it turns him from a fun character into a fair and bair machine (lol just kidding I use those moves all the time anyway!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Guy A. Person posted:

Mega Man having weird properties like that is what makes him one of the most fun characters, I just wish they wouldn't increase the % chance to get Bounce since it turns him from a fun character into a fair and bair machine (lol just kidding I use those moves all the time anyway!)

I couldn't remember if they weighted the RNG for Hero or not or I'd have complained about that too lol

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
Lemme think what doesn't get reflected...

Dtilt, utilt, fair, bair, uhhh I don't think down b gets reflected until you fire it (you can hold b to nice around with it) and grabs

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Xad posted:

Lemme think what doesn't get reflected...

Dtilt, utilt, fair, bair, uhhh I don't think down b gets reflected until you fire it (you can hold b to nice around with it) and grabs

dash!

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

bladeworksmaster posted:

If you’ve ever watched QuiK play Samus, the way he uses bombs is the reason Samus has an insane advantage state, basically by controlling the ledge utterly in complete safety. He has one particular setup where it seems no matter what his opponent does, he will always be able to nail them with a Charge Shot.

https://youtu.be/NX6p5GzLkNY

https://youtu.be/adAnGMHYt_4

These two videos show a lot of QuiK’s method which allows him to put the screws to players like Gluttony, Samsora and Mr. R. Actually, it was seeing QuiK play that kinda got me going “Man I actually wanna try this character.”
:stare: I need to use more bombs.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

bladeworksmaster posted:

If you’ve ever watched QuiK play Samus, the way he uses bombs is the reason Samus has an insane advantage state, basically by controlling the ledge utterly in complete safety. He has one particular setup where it seems no matter what his opponent does, he will always be able to nail them with a Charge Shot.

https://youtu.be/NX6p5GzLkNY

https://youtu.be/adAnGMHYt_4

These two videos show a lot of QuiK’s method which allows him to put the screws to players like Gluttony, Samsora and Mr. R. Actually, it was seeing QuiK play that kinda got me going “Man I actually wanna try this character.”

This man makes beautiful plays, god drat.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Quik is loving awesome and is also my favorite Samus. Helps that he's the pro with the style closest to what I like to play, if you grant that I'm basically a fourth grader with a violin next to his Mozart. Stuff he does to bait with a canceled charge shot is a great extra complication. I've learned a lot through watching him, and the more I learn the more complexity I see.

YB also has some absolutely insane moves, but his stuff seems less achievable for a schmuck like me.

https://youtu.be/woV0866QI90

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/SmashBrosJP/status/1227396904893313025

WHO GETS TO BE MR. KING DICE?

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Mr. G&W, always spams Side B

edit: after thinking about it, Mr. G&W could be used for just about all of them

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Wonder if we’ll get Undertale spirits eventually. They could do some fun ideas with some of those battles.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
We've come a long way from taking out a trophy in Melee because it was from DEVIL WORLD to now having two spirits named Devil.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

We've come a long way from taking out a trophy in Melee because it was from DEVIL WORLD to now having two spirits named Devil.

I wish they’d put Devil World on the app. It’s one of my favorite non-Pac-Man maze games.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'd figure Mii Gunner for Cuphead and probably Mugman, maybe Ganon for the Devil, and G&W for King Dice might be right.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'd figure Mii Gunner for Cuphead and probably Mugman, maybe Ganon for the Devil, and G&W for King Dice might be right.

They've already posted them. Cuphead and Mugman are mega man, King Dice is Mii Swordfighter and the devil is Mewtwo

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Note that King Dice does have Mr. G&W minions in his fight

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

What score does your GSP have to be before you unlock Elite Smash for a character?

Pteretis
Nov 4, 2011

Parrotine posted:

What score does your GSP have to be before you unlock Elite Smash for a character?

The cutoff will continually go up as more people play. It's probably in the region of 6.3 million right now.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Ptarmigans posted:

The cutoff will continually go up as more people play. It's probably in the region of 6.3 million right now.

It's above 6.2 since I'm not in it lol, but I'm also just logging in and checking every few days and not actively trying

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Parrotine posted:

Most people use this website, although it can be off by about a 100K points.

https://www.elitegsp.com/

According to it, the threshold is around 6.2-6.4 million.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Basically the bar to entry is 10k above what you have at any given moment

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I like that Cuphead was released on Microsoft's systems under a year before SSBU came to the Switch and has now firmly established a place in Nintendo's latest star-studded crossover. What a debut for Studio MDHR.

Although, it is pretty odd that Cuphead got Spirits before Undertale.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Supersonic Shine posted:

I like that Cuphead was released on Microsoft's systems under a year before SSBU came to the Switch and has now firmly established a place in Nintendo's latest star-studded crossover. What a debut for Studio MDHR.

Although, it is pretty odd that Cuphead got Spirits before Undertale.

Undertale might be a tricky case given literally the name of the main character is a spoiler.

Cuphead does fit in pretty well with the aesthetic, though that might be as much Mario's design definitely having Mickey Mouse influences. (the white gloves are a cartoon staple, and the overalls) Come to think of it, the Cuphead outfit minus the head is basically finger gun Mickey Mouse.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Undertale might be a tricky case given literally the name of the main character is a spoiler.
they could just call them The Human.

also, in my heart of hearts, I hope it means an actual undertale representative like papyrus, undyne, mettaton or maybe sans proper shows up, and then they slap in a pile of spirit battles.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Captain Invictus posted:

they could just call them The Human.

also, in my heart of hearts, I hope it means an actual undertale representative like papyrus, undyne, mettaton or maybe sans proper shows up, and then they slap in a pile of spirit battles.

It'd be weird if that happened because then it would come with music, and then Megalovania would be behind a seperate paywall compared to them, unless they decouple it for whatever reason.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
they could just attach it to both

like you can get either the sans costume or frisk or whoever and either one will give you megalovania

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
Classic megalovania in the pack

Remix with sans

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Fingerless Gloves posted:

Classic megalovania in the pack

Remix with sans
if they did that, they should go all in and put this in :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIowwZThIXM

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Cuphead does fit in pretty well with the aesthetic, though that might be as much Mario's design definitely having Mickey Mouse influences. (the white gloves are a cartoon staple, and the overalls) Come to think of it, the Cuphead outfit minus the head is basically finger gun Mickey Mouse.

There are like a billion spirits, I'm sure plenty of them spoil the story of the story of the respective games. I don't think spoilers have anything to do with it.

Either they aren't doing spirits because there's an Undertale character planned for FP2 (unlikely) or for whatever reason they just didn't bother.

Speaking of spirits, I hope the Sonic movie gets spirits in Smash and one of them is Jim Carrey Robotnik

Captain Invictus posted:

if they did that, they should go all in and put this in :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIowwZThIXM

I actually find it hard to listen to any of the pre-Undertale versions of Megalovania because Toby Fox just so insanely knocked it out of the park with the Undertale version

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Macaluso posted:

I actually find it hard to listen to any of the pre-Undertale versions of Megalovania because Toby Fox just so insanely knocked it out of the park with the Undertale version
oh I know, just figure they could throw it in as a bit of an easter egg. I imagine the sans costume has done exceedingly well for them.

hell, I prefer the undertale version of megalovania to the version he made for smash. there's something about the part where it has heartache and bonetrousle, it's good, but...I dunno. I think some of the changes he made changed the feel of the track, the unsettling, desperate nature of it. that it's a boss theme for you, the player. It's a bombastic, rockin' theme but at the same time a bit unnerving. And I think it kicks off way too quickly, imo(7 seconds vs the original's 15). The track's initial buildup was something I really liked about it. I don't hate the smash version, far from it, but stuff like the heartache/bonetrousle part being kinda overwhelmed with melodies vs the original's foreboding part leading into the final part right before the intro kicks in for the loop felt like a step down to me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDgQdr8ZkTw&t=101s

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I low key kinda wish they bring back custom moves as dlc. I built a Link that moved like Ganondorf and was heavier than Bowser with the power bow and the gravity bombs and that was tons of fun

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Calaveron posted:

I low key kinda wish they bring back custom moves as dlc. I built a Link that moved like Ganondorf and was heavier than Bowser with the power bow and the gravity bombs and that was tons of fun

It sucks they completely scrapped that aspect of the game, with some balancing it would have been awesome. I'd love to see what options we would of had with all these god drat characters now.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

the sans track should have been song that might play when you fight sans

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

sigher posted:

It sucks they completely scrapped that aspect of the game, with some balancing it would have been awesome. I'd love to see what options we would of had with all these god drat characters now.

Better yet, use those moves to make "semi-echo" fighters.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Haschel Cedricson posted:

Better yet, use those moves to make "semi-echo" fighters.

Bet that echo fighter custom moves would be the same variations as the character they're based on, but characters that aren't would have at least one variation that's different from any other similiar move.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Okay, Joker was a disappointing pick, but I'm back in now!

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

RareAcumen posted:

Okay, Joker was a disappointing pick, but I'm back in now!

I really want to make a Subway edit of this but I'm pretty sure I can't post it here.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Do it

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

No, don't

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I'm getting mixed messages, here.