Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Always....bet on DUKE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
NC YOU loving INEPT MORONS

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

duke #1 just fyi

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Would love to watch SDSU curbstomp Duke this year.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
gently caress Duke forever but that game was bonkers NGL

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Haha gently caress UNC

I mean gently caress Duke too but at least they didn’t give white nationalists $74,999 to finance a lawsuit against themselves so they could immediately settle the lawsuit by giving them $2.5 million, all to preserve one dumbfuck racist statue.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Duke is always worse.

gently caress is wrong with y'all.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
No in fact in many ways UNC is actually worse.

Mostly at the sport of basketball but the issues at the AFAM department was super lovely

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Purdue not playing well but Penn State literally can't miss

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

ColdBlooded posted:

Purdue not playing well but Penn State literally can't miss

Mackey Purdue went to Bloomington, Road Purdue came back.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

A 30% 3 point shooter is 4-5. Cool.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

PotatoJudge posted:

A 30% 3 point shooter is 4-5. Cool.

Guy who averages 4PPG is 6-10 from 3, cool cool.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

PotatoJudge posted:

Guy who averages 4PPG is 6-10 from 3, cool cool.

50% FT shooter goes 6-7 cool cool cool

Good fight from Purdue, but too little too late. Got a 24 point lead down to single digits.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Penn State were basically trying to kill the clock halfway through the second half.
A few bounces don't go PSU's way and Purdue might've somehow actually won

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Wake Forest is poo poo housing UNC... and I can't bring myself to care. If anything I'm a little mad about it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Wake Forest is poo poo housing UNC... and I can't bring myself to care. If anything I'm a little mad about it.

It's freeing in a way to know that there's no way your coach will be fired no matter how bad the team is. I'm free to root for Mizzou playing randomly decently on the road against a top 25 team at the moment.

e: well playing decently was fun while it lasted I guess.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Feb 12, 2020

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Illinois comes back from 20 down, takes the lead briefly, back and forth, down by 1 with the ball for the win and Ayo slips, loses the ball, Illinois loses again. Goddamnit. This one probably hurts more than the Maryland one just because we were in it until the whistle. loving goddamnit. No idea how severe Ayo's injury is. Didn't look terrible on replay, but who knows.

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Seriously, if Alan Griffin had blocked out and gone for the rebound, it's a foul on MSU, we're shooting free throws up by 1. gently caress. Terrible first half, great second half, bad calls going down the wire by the refs, just....ugh.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The rare game where both teams feel terrible about the result.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
UVA outlasts Notre Dame in a literal "first to 50 wins" game. (It took them a full overtime to get there.)

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I don't think beating UNC would be much of a feather in any coach's cap this year (except Keatts and of course he couldn't manage it). So enjoy away!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/marchmadness/status/1227468991494545410

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

MWC CHAMPS BEFORE VALENTINE'S DAY

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Just didn’t have the horses to hang in the end.

This might be the best SDSU team I’ve ever seen

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

MWC CHAMPS BEFORE VALENTINE'S DAY

That PA guy announcing his name sounds like he's gripped by some mixture of fear, pain, amazement, and possibly orgasm.

Sounds about right.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
it's amazing how this offensive mastermind's offense regularly goes 4+ minutes without scoring

gently caress you otzelberger. gently caress you drf.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Georgia Tech beat Louisville, the ACC doesn't make any drat sense

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
None of this season makes sense. It feels comparable to the 2007 college football season.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Baylor looking pretty good. Louisville collapsing.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'd imagine Auburn will still come back because everything this season says Mizzou cannot keep shooting this well, but they're actually kind of fun to watch when they do shoot decently.

Or they'll just cruise to victory, what in the world is going on?

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Feb 16, 2020

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

Cool we beat Louisville. What a weird loving season.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

UVA gets its first season sweep of UNC since maybe 2002, eat poo poo Tarheels

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

What a game. Woldentense from goat to hero real quick.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

It would be nice if teams stopped shooting over 50% from 3 against Purdue.

I mean, Purdue is garbage but it's still annoying

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Counterpoint: Aleem Ford deserves nice things!

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Ayo status: back

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Lol Illinois just beat Penn St

Also holy poo poo the crowd mic in the Florida game is insufferable. Just bros yelling a monotonous OOOOH every time Ark has possession

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

It'd be nice if Purdue would start playing before the 6 minute mark of the 2nd half on the road.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

Lol Illinois just beat Penn St

Also holy poo poo the crowd mic in the Florida game is insufferable. Just bros yelling a monotonous OOOOH every time Ark has possession

Yeah, at least modulate to make your OOOH's out of tune :rolleyes:

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

kayakyakr posted:

Yeah, at least modulate to make your OOOH's out of tune :rolleyes:

It was twice as loud as anything else in the mix. I’m complaining more about the production than the fans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

It was twice as loud as anything else in the mix. I’m complaining more about the production than the fans

Sorry, I was being serious. The rolleyes was for the bros that couldn't make their low-level noise obnoxious enough for ESPN to turn down the feed.