Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

Alan Smithee posted:

tbh scones are loving dry rear end muffins

I know, right? I enjoyed how everyone had a similar reaction to the scones, like why not enjoy a muffin or danish or cupcake like Susie

Last episode was kind of a cartoon from start to finish, and it was funny that they ended that interaction with a Three Stooges reference since I thought to myself that the whole episode was Stooges-esque from the beginning. Leon and Larry always makes me laugh though. "Touche motherfucker"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Larry and Leon watching TV with their chipped teeth and the whole overly dramatic lispy plotting afterwards was the best.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I'm no expert on Hispanic culture but if you're Spanish and don't like having your lisp made fun of, you might not want to live in LA where the Mexicans are

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
I liked the escalation side plot with the lawyer's office. I actually like the way that actor plays the lawyer and his comment on the colours of mood or whatever when eating an apple was good. the lisp stuff was also pretty funny and I liked how it was resolved. I hope the consent story has a good resolution. it's really the only thing about this season I'm not sure on.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Yeah it's a real iffy joke subject to begin with. Also the jokes go on foreeeever. That consent joke from 2 went on for at least a minute longer than it needed to

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Weak episode. Looking forward to how the Danson/Lee thing plays out.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Yeah this episode was kind of weak, the lawyer stuff was good and I love that Richard Lewis plays a bigger part than he usually does, though. I guess he'll have to now that Bob Einstein is gone :(

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

So uh, they mentioned that Funkhauser is in China, but surely this was filmed before the current situation so what relevance could that have as to his ultimate fate? I'm pretty sure they intend to have Marty die offscreen instead of just forgetting about him entirely.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Stare-Out posted:

So uh, they mentioned that Funkhauser is in China, but surely this was filmed before the current situation so what relevance could that have as to his ultimate fate? I'm pretty sure they intend to have Marty die offscreen instead of just forgetting about him entirely.

Funkhauser contracts C virus and has to hire a surrogate to handle his affairs stateside

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

It would only be appropriate for Larry to somehow connect to Marty's death since he's killed off plenty of his family already.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Stare-Out posted:

It would only be appropriate for Larry to somehow connect to Marty's death since he's killed off plenty of his family already.

The nephew for certain, who else?

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

while not responsible for her death it certainly was rude of Larry to steal flowers from the funk man's mother's memorial

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

All these episodes are loving amazing and remind me so much of classic Curb.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

#MeToo Larry is hilarious.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Richard showing up to the funeral trying to give the waiter his card just like Larry had me howling

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Tonight's episode was great. Larry spinning everyone around in front of the weight-guesser had me laughing pretty hard, especially when he got to Cheryl and had just given up all pretenses of making it seem natural.

"I had a couple drinks.."
"Ahhhhh.."

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
good episode

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Larry's room being the small lovely one was great.

Jesus just saw it was 45 mins too. What a loving gift.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
You can tell the pilot that Goat Whilliker doesn't give his weight to anyone. The Whillikers do NOT give their weight.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

IS IT FUN? :mad: Good episode. Clive Owen next week!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Why was mickey supposed to be so great anyway? Seems kinda like a dick...

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Okay finished. As good as the show gets

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

larry was right about mickey

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Milo and POTUS posted:

Why was mickey supposed to be so great anyway? Seems kinda like a dick...

Total rear end in a top hat, it takes a special kind of prick to not give somebody a spare toothbrush for the night, glad his wedding got hosed up because he sure as hell had it coming.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

In fact this was one episode where I was on Larry's side on almost everything

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Jesus, big wet daddy posted a boosted copy of CYE. What a shitstain. Of course he doesn't understand that chuds with red hats are being mocked.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1227040292060180481?s=19

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Best episode of the season so far. And definitely one where Larry was right more often than not.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Larry was a little better in this most recent ep, but overall he’s been a bit too terrible and too stupid this season.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Using someone else's toothbrush, even his own wife's, does not feel like something Larry would willingly do. That part bugged me more than it probably should have.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

General Dog posted:

Larry was a little better in this most recent ep, but overall he’s been a bit too terrible and too stupid this season.

Episode begins with Leon yelling over Larry's phone until the electrician agrees to get to Latte Larry's ASAP since they are there waiting for him.
Larry is so impressed, he puts Leon in charge of supervising all the contractors. They then both immediately leave to go and sample coffees...what about the electrician and other work that needs to get done?! LOL.

The show is cartoony/Three Stooges, with things happening for no reason. And at the same time, it's being very Seinfeld too, with Larry being funny and charming with women when he meets them or is on first date, but then over-analyses the women and finds a flaw he can't get past.
Also, Mocha Joe was very Newman this episode. One short scene, in which his actions are good (brings them coffee) but dialogue is aggressive.

There were only 6 passengers on a plane that can hold 12, and only Jeff is overweight...but they were over the plane's weight limit by 100 pounds...argh my head hurts thinking about that plot line.

2 favourite scenes this week:

Suzie: Cheryl you're going to come on the plane with us right We're flying private.
Larry: We're all splitting on the plane
Cheryl: Are you inviting me to hop on?
Larry: We're inviting you to hop on and chip in...people resent you if you don't chip in.
Cheryl: No I don't think so.
Suzie: Yeah I will, a little bit I mean you're loaded.

and after tackling the bride
Larry: "THIS is why you don't invite a divorced couple to a wedding!"

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Leon was too good and yet not good enough. He really needs to start pulling his weight in this operation we just didn't care until he started making an effort

Milo and POTUS posted:

In fact this was one episode where I was on Larry's side on almost everything

yeah the ending where he's stranded in Mexico with the coffee bean bags was a little close to home :negative:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Also yeah the only thing that was really Larry's deal was being goony about what's her name's weight *before* the airpline manifest. Ted Danson attacked him and he got the blame for it

Also what was up with the B plot of Susie and the tension with new girl? Just as they set it up it went nowhere

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Alan Smithee posted:

Also yeah the only thing that was really Larry's deal was being goony about what's her name's weight *before* the airpline manifest. Ted Danson attacked him and he got the blame for it

Also what was up with the B plot of Susie and the tension with new girl? Just as they set it up it went nowhere

Her not being Jewish will probably come up again later in the season.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Lmfao @ The Pee Cube

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
"I had a lady give me a wedgie with my own goddamn johnson."

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Vastarien posted:

"I had a lady give me a wedgie with my own goddamn johnson."

Is that something he requested?

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
I liked curb 17 years ago and its still pretty pretty good.

Actually more than 17 years ago

Despera fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Feb 17, 2020

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

This was a great one also

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

"Tappin' that rear end back in the days, fuckin' in black and white."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

Stare-Out posted:

"Tappin' that rear end back in the days, fuckin' in black and white."

yeah there were some great lines in this episode