Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I'll be honest, a lot of fiction, even good stuff that I really like don't have that strong of an emotional effect on me these days, but I left The Lighthouse feeling fucken' electrified.

Mordja fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Feb 12, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
please shut the gently caress up about the worst forum on SA cinemas discusioso

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Parasite whips scrote

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Moola posted:

yeah ok sorry

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Debunk This! posted:

I want that juicy Shaq meat.

I knew you wanted it.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

the lighthouse is good. i agree. i also would like some shaq meat. this thread is really heating back up good job everyone

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Parasite whips scrote

There are several over the counter topical shampoos that can solve this issue for you.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Moola posted:

The worst is clearly RSF - SW.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Waltzing Along posted:

It pulls Star Wars chat outta this thread. That's gotta count for something!

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Dash Rendar posted:

It pulls Star Wars chat outta this thread

does it

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Moola posted:

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Why’d ye have to spill yer beans?

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Has the SW forum growth its own SMG yet?

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Waltzing Along posted:

RSF is a septic tank by design tho, CD thinks it's a real forum.

Cubone posted:

that Pick post is actually pretty cogent? she's basically just arguing the success of a film can be measured by the intelligibility of its themes. that's not unfair

the only baffling thing is that it's about The Lighthouse

but
like, I hated No Country the first time I saw it
I'm not a perfect brilliant movie understander, sometimes I just don't get something
it took for me to read other people's insightful, thoughtful explications on its themes in order to appreciate what the movie was doing and what other people were getting out of it
I'm guessing you didn't call them retarded sheep for it tho.

Saint Drogo fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Feb 12, 2020

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Star Wars still pops up as a subject of mockery and scorn. I always welcome a good laugh.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream
That Rian fella ruined one trilogy and is probably starting his own decent one with Knives Out. Makes ya think.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Knives Out Episode V: The Empire Slices Back

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Knives In: The Prequel
Knives Shake it all about: The Sequel

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Knives Oot: Canadian Mounties

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Dicks Out: The XXX Parody.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Knives Out was pretty good, but I was surprised at how little of the cast was in it. The trailers made it seem like a big ensemble like Clue, but then 90% of the movie was Ana de Armas, Chris Evans, and Daniel Craig.

Wasn't there a very early trailer that focused on the right-wing troll nephew character? Kid had like 2 minutes of screen time.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Every sequel is going to be Daniel Craig saving another perfect flawless hardworking minority woman and white liberals will pat themselves on the back for how much service they just did for minorities by going to see it.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Every sequel is going to be Daniel Craig saving another perfect flawless hardworking minority woman and white liberals will pat themselves on the back for how much service they just did for minorities by going to see it.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

I was shocked that there wasn't a twist ending that Ana de Armas had set it all up herself and she'd been faking that vomiting thing.

Maybe it would have been too obvious. It seemed to be driving toward that the whole movie and then nope.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

I haven't seen the movie but reading the plot online made it sound real cringey and overly "now." The last scene sounds like some real #resistance poo poo.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Paladinus posted:

Dicks Out: The XXX Parody.

Wives Out

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
The first 5 movies already have titles ready to go:

Knives Out
KnIIves Out
KnIIIves Out
KnIVes Out
KniVes Out

I'm not sure they'll be able to sell me on "KniVIes Out" though

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Mordja posted:

I haven't seen the movie but reading the plot online made it sound real cringey and overly "now." The last scene sounds like some real #resistance poo poo.

It's a very cliche genre movie. People like it because there hasn't been a movie in this genre for a while. I forgot 85% of the plot when I walked out of the screen.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

What's the best media player to watch either of the Star Wars 4k versions? I've got them now and upon checking them out, VLC seems to do a pretty poor job. It's buffering alot, it gets choppy and all that. Plain having trouble processing all the data it seems. If it's of any interest I haven't updated VLC in a while.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Randarkman posted:

What's the best media player to watch either of the Star Wars 4k versions? I've got them now and upon checking them out, VLC seems to do a pretty poor job. It's buffering alot, it gets choppy and all that. Plain having trouble processing all the data it seems. If it's of any interest I haven't updated VLC in a while.

MPC-HQ or MPV should do a better job than VLC.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Sir Lemming posted:

The first 5 movies already have titles ready to go:

Knives Out
KnIIves Out
KnIIIves Out
KnIVes Out
KniVes Out

I'm not sure they'll be able to sell me on "KniVIes Out" though

i love it

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Randarkman posted:

Mac o PC?

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

piratepilates posted:

MPC-HQ or MPV should do a better job than VLC.

Thank you, that does seem to work alot better. I really look forwards to watching- Though really I should look at hooking my computer up to a projector or at least a big TV for this. Watching it on a relatively small monitor is a bit pointless.

PC. But see above.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
The F Plus newest episode is reading from Wookiepedia. That's all, byyyyeee.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

The F Plus newest episode is reading from Wookiepedia. That's all, byyyyeee.

Thank you for your service

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Re: Knives Out I did find it a bit obvious how the movie kept hammering you over the head with the “but I was outvoted” and messing up her country of origin. But on the other hand it was a bit clever because mysteries get your antenna up for anything telling in the dialog.

I was wondering whether there was some special significance to the baseball but in the end it seemed it was just a favourite collectable of the old man’s.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Knives Out is an exceptionally enjoyable movie if you're at all into mystery stories.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i just saw an ad for "The Boy 2" and i hate

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

i just saw an ad for "The Boy 2" and i hate

Is that one of them boy in the walls movie or some type of "here's a movie about a boy that makes u feel"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Knives out was pretty good. It was a pretty good homage to Sleuth and other mystery movies of that ilk.