Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/acuteleaf/status/1227044846797492224?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

What is everyone's favorite past AC world event and what would you all like to see added?

I love Halloween and would love to see that expanded on. I would also love some kind of 4th of July fireworks event! Hopefully with the online component, each year they can add more and more.

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
I want to celebrate other holidays/events besides American ones.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

It'd be neat to be able to set your own custom holiday(s) too, for whatever you want.

I want my island to have its own Pride.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Idia posted:

Let Americans celebrate Setsubun, Nintendo!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I liked how they changed up the holidays in New Leaf. Being Santa for your village was fun.

While Christmas is my favorite mostly due to the music I'll always have a soft spot for Festivale because Pave is such an entertaining character.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

What fruit do you guys feel you always start with?

I feel like I always get peaches.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I don't think I've ever had a long term town that wasn't apples.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Oranges

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Cherries. Always cherries.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I've always gotten apples. I'm hoping to get Avocados in New Horizons

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

Do you name your characters with your real name? Or some variation of whatever handle you use?

I always go real name but then I meet my friends in their towns and I'm way out of place.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Real names only. :colbert:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Always my real name or my handle. I see people going by WeedLord570 that live in SmokePot town and I don't know how people do it.
I'd laugh at it for like a few hours then get bored and wish it had a actual real name.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Idia posted:

Yeah! Go whole ham. Every culture's holiday! You can Animal Crossing mashup the various relatively similar holidays with fun references!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
always indigi

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I always use my real name because my dream is to get isekaied into Animal Crossing the same way anime protagonists get portalled into MMORPGs

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I use my handle because even though my first name is common enough, I've had a non-zero number of instances of real life stalking and harassment due to Internet poo poo(tm) and try to keep a very very firm divider between the two now. :sigh:

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

I'll just continue to use an internet name because it'll make it easier to play online through discord with a matching name.

I need to start thinking of a better town name though. I've traditionally used Crackton but it doesn't exactly fit with the cute and charming feel of the game.

Gripweed posted:

Let Americans celebrate Setsubun, Nintendo!

I just want an easy and legit way to get those beans! They're the best item.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Use your own name but change slightly. Like one word or spell it differently.
Going as Tadd.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

I'm not accepting friend requests for anyone named Epstein. Nintendo should add it to their blacklisted words before we are overrun with Epstein Islands!

There are a ton of Japanese friend recommendations on my Switch because of Pocket Camp. Kind of like when I had StreetPass on during a vacation there, and hit my daily limit often.

I'll take any fruit but cherries.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

thanks

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Was this posted already?

A thread for all the renders for villagers and such starting with the best girl.

https://twitter.com/anicrossingnews/status/1223717452711895042?s=19

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Kinda awkward looking at those pics with people walking around my desk. Ruining my super tough guy image.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Drone posted:

It'd be neat to be able to set your own custom holiday(s) too, for whatever you want.

I want my island to have its own Pride.

I'd just make every day Halloween.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Is there a excel spreadsheet with goon friend codes yet

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

So you all may appreciate how animal crossing helped me choose my career path. When City Folk came out, I wanted to collect every bug in the game because who didn't? However, every time I found a tarantula, I would gently caress up and get bit instead. Now, I ended up getting so pissed off about this that I went to a local pet store and bought a drat tarantula for myself (as a college sophomore). I liked the dumb thing enough that I started volunteering in an entomology lab and started taking electives in ecology. I now have a masters degree in biology, and am several years into my PhD in Wildlife Conservation.

Still never went back to catch one of those bastards.

Edit: Here's some old photos from my collection

ZarathustraFollower fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Feb 12, 2020

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

ZarathustraFollower posted:

Still never went back to catch one of those bastards.

With the new game coming out...

Its time.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

ZarathustraFollower posted:

So you all may appreciate how animal crossing helped me choose my career path...

:aaa:

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

I guess I need a different name/town than Link/Hyrule this time around.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

GoodBee posted:

I guess I need a different name/town than Link/Hyrule this time around.

You can still keep Link, just name your island Outset or Windfall.

vanisher
Jul 12, 2005

Fun Shoe
So there's going to be some kind of "energy" mechanic (apples getting reduced when you dig up a tree). Is there going to be food other than the fruits I wonder?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

They are introducing Fruit 2 to the game

vanisher
Jul 12, 2005

Fun Shoe
Brand new game mechanic: eating fruit to survive

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I want to play Animal Crossing: New Horizons! Now!! :mad:

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

I hope there are no more foods. Recipes would add way too many functions, dozens of ingredients etc.

So one fruit's worth of energy to move a tree. 10 to move your house? 20 to move other buildings? Some kind of leveling up to raise your cap for the bigger things. You need 5 fruit to reel in a shark? I'm in.

They really need to release this to stop all this theorizing. Skip the Direct.

vanisher
Jul 12, 2005

Fun Shoe
I'm going to bet we will get an update on stuff 30 days out. The site says "full site coming soon."

Looking forward to cooking and eating sharks

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Hihohe posted:

Was this posted already?

A thread for all the renders for villagers and such starting with the best girl.

what's the deal with the... french maid rabbit?

https://twitter.com/anicrossingnews/status/1223721272594616322?s=20

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Tiffany used to be goth so I'm confused about the maid outfit update but hey whatever!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Where's my boy Punchy at?