Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Pancakes posted:

“Well then they shouldn’t have named it a strip mall”

*Sitcom laugh track plays in the background, mixed with police sirens*

:perfect:

EDIT: Best snipe or worst snipe ever? Lets go to New York and check the replay....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
Ah, baseball. Welcome back.

Troxartas posted:

Dear Yankees Angels, please be less injured this year. don't have anyone die this year. Thank you.

coronavirus
Jan 27, 2020

by Cyrano4747
Does Chris Davis have a guaranteed spot on the Orioles this year or does he need to win it in spring training?

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

GoatSeeGuy posted:

...in a strip mall parking lot.

I feel like there's been a real lack of degenerate baseball behavior lately that hasn't involved underage victims or domestic violence and I'm really hoping this is just something that we can all have a hearty and relatively uncomplicated laugh at it. But I have my doubts.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

coronavirus posted:

Does Chris Davis have a guaranteed spot on the Orioles this year or does he need to win it in spring training?

He has $69 mil left on his deal, with 10/5 rights. The Orioles are stuck with him.

He’ll basically sit versus lefties while the Os hope he does well enough they can figure out a way to dump some of his money.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

coronavirus posted:

For a team that isn't competing and they are stuck paying him 23m no matter what I am going to go ahead and say he's going to be on the team and probably play 100+ games.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm so ready for baseball I'm watching an Aaron Boone press conference.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Pancakes posted:

“Well then they shouldn’t have named it a strip mall”

*Sitcom laugh track plays in the background, mixed with police sirens*

Love it :dadjoke:

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
not since Yadier Molina has a catcher regretted leaving his genitals exposed so much

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i can't remember being less excited for a baseball season.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

R.D. Mangles posted:

i can't remember being less excited for a baseball season.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
I'm more excited this year than last. Yeah the Jays won't be great, but I'm down for a full year of Vladdy, Bo and Cavern.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Patrick Spens posted:

I'm more excited this year than last. Yeah the Jays won't be great, but I'm down for a full year of Vladdy, Bo and Cavern.
Nate Pearson will also be up at some point

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Baseball is good. Even when your team sucks, the commish hates it and is trying to figure out how to fix it, or your team cheated and created a dark shadow that hangs forebodingly over the season.

I do feel for you if your team traded or is trying to trade away their young MVP because they don't want to pay them, though. Pick a team in the other league to follow, has always been my rule. That's fair game.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I'm more excited than I was last year for sure

hyped for the 2020 NL East Bloodbath Experience

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

I'm ready to fully embrace Dustyball and be disappointed

Alternatively, we win again this year and we get gobs of audio/video replay analysis to figure out how they're cheating this time

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

This is cool

https://twitter.com/pavlovicnbcs/status/1227643449509154816?s=21

First female coach in uniform at Giants camp

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Mustering up the effort to declare my team defeated before Spring Training games kick off.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Pirates unstoppable this year once hayes gets called up

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Aaron Boone's opening press conference of Spring Training is like 75% about the Astros.

Don't care, still love baseball.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/shidavidi/status/1227639300503883777?s=21

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

elentar posted:

I feel like there's been a real lack of degenerate baseball behavior lately that hasn't involved underage victims or domestic violence and I'm really hoping this is just something that we can all have a hearty and relatively uncomplicated laugh at it. But I have my doubts.

Hopefully it's just piss related? (not that way)

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I was driving down the street the other day and some guy was just pissing on the sidewalk. That's my piss story, I felt like I needed to tell someone.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

This story is already over-exposed.

or

I think he wants to play for Montreal so he can EXPOS DEEZ NUTS

coronavirus
Jan 27, 2020

by Cyrano4747

FlamingLiberal posted:

This is cool

https://twitter.com/pavlovicnbcs/status/1227643449509154816?s=21

First female coach in uniform at Giants camp

This is going to be one of the highlights of the season for me. Hopefully this is paving the way for more women involved in pro sports coaching,management and business.

She is very brave. I can't imagine some of the poo poo she might hear this season.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Walker is apparently signing with the Mariners.

Hope he's healthy!

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/howardeskin/status/1227631474414903300?s=21

Lol

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Red posted:

He has $69 mil left on his deal, with 10/5 rights. The Orioles are stuck with him.

He’ll basically sit versus lefties while the Os hope he does well enough they can figure out a way to dump some of his money.

Nice

coronavirus
Jan 27, 2020

by Cyrano4747
Ugh.. I got a bad feeling this isn't going to be a big misunderstanding that he was just changing in his car.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Popete posted:

I was driving down the street the other day and some guy was just pissing on the sidewalk. That's my piss story, I felt like I needed to tell someone.

Marathon Monday is a big day for college daydrinking/partying in Boston and my first marathon Monday I stumbled out of my friends apartment at 11AM and there was a chick just squatting in the middle of a street in broad daylight pissing, this is my piss story.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Can't believe nobody has made this joke yet, but man, somebody got exposed to Reese's pieces. :(

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Oh yeah the Jays will probably win 80-85 games this year but I am still more interested in watching them than last year. I hope Matt Shoemaker has a full healthy season! I hope Vlad/Bo/Biggio crush a million dingers too.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I love Patriots day.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’m resolving to be optimistic about things

The Phillies make it so hard tho

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Popete posted:

Mustering up the effort to declare my team defeated before Spring Training games kick off.
I will go ahead and call that now for my Marlins

Just hoping for the #1 draft pick but I think the Orioles and Tigers will be worse than them again

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Popete posted:

So you were you exposed to his sexual organs?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

So you were you exposed to his sexual organs?

Well he had his back to the road so you could only see a stream. So no I was not.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
sexual organ stream

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

kensei posted:

Walker is apparently signing with the Mariners.

Hope he's healthy!

I remember him having been traded in part because he had a bad relationship with coaching and management. I'd like to see him do well and the Mariners are going to be about as free of a space to try to get back together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Thom P. Tiers posted:

sexual organ stream

No one has to keep saying it, I found the thread now