Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Oh yeah the bad Mr Cool Ice cosplay guy. He was in that? Huh.

Even when you look at YouTube videos that people put together since Joker that rate all the best performances, they'll include loving Cesar Romero but leave out Jared Leto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Even when you look at YouTube videos that people put together since Joker that rate all the best performances, they'll include loving Cesar Romero but leave out Jared Leto.

Good.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Oh I agree, I just find it amazing because the movie only came out three years ago. It's the latest example of that slippery poo poo trying way too hard in a role and nobody giving a gently caress.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

The MSJ posted:

I wonder if they're scrambling to replace both Amber Heard and Johhny Depp (in Fantastic Beasts)

Rowling has been giving Depp full throated support from the beginning, no one's getting fired from Fantastic Beasts.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

duz posted:

Rowling has been giving Depp full throated support from the beginning, no one's getting fired from Fantastic Beasts.

I read this as "full deep throated" and was confused by your weirdly sexualized metaphor

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Oh I agree, I just find it amazing because the movie only came out three years ago. It's the latest example of that slippery poo poo trying way too hard in a role and nobody giving a gently caress.

I remembered the other day that he was in Blade Runner 2049, that just completely slipped my mind. I guess its a role that plays to his strengths (being a creepy rear end in a top hat) but for whatever reason I thought Wallace was played by Keanu Reeves instead.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

I remembered the other day that he was in Blade Runner 2049, that just completely slipped my mind. I guess its a role that plays to his strengths (being a creepy rear end in a top hat) but for whatever reason I thought Wallace was played by Keanu Reeves instead.

He was way over the top in a role that didn't call for it. The movie needed the villain to be more grounded and human than that, in my opinion.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Basebf555 posted:

He was way over the top in a role that didn't call for it. The movie needed the villain to be more grounded and human than that, in my opinion.
I wonder if it would have been better with someone who could do a dead eyed Zuckerberg.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Casimir Radon posted:

I wonder if it would have been better with someone who could do a dead eyed Zuckerberg.

That would've been good yea. I mean, it wouldn't have been appropriate for Wallace to be a kindly old father figure type like Tyrell was but he needed to be something recognizable as an actual human personality unlike whatever that was Leto tried to do with it.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
weird cult leader

which im pretty sure he is irl

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

duz posted:

I mean following the Hollywood sexual assault/MeToo thread it's looking like Rowling might have a point there for once in her brainless life.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I've heard rumblings in the last week or so about how Amber Heard was actually the abusive one, has something come out supporting that or is it just more woke to acknowledge that men can be victims of domestic violence too?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Baron von Eevl posted:

I've heard rumblings in the last week or so about how Amber Heard was actually the abusive one, has something come out supporting that or is it just more woke to acknowledge that men can be victims of domestic violence too?

Yea there's a recording of her arguing with Depp and talking about how she's been physically abusive towards him.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Baron von Eevl posted:

Basebf555 posted:

Yea there's a recording of her arguing with Depp and talking about how she's been physically abusive towards him.

Yeah this, she also basically gloats that no one will believe him because she's tiny and he's a drunk.

It's pretty hosed up!

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
That is hosed up! Depp had always come across as a scumbag to me, but I guess now Amber Heard is a loving piece of poo poo too!

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Basebf555 posted:

There's also photos of Depp in the hospital with facial injuries and the tip of one of his fingers cut off from an attack by Heard.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Baron von Eevl posted:

That is hosed up! Depp had always come across as a scumbag to me, but I guess now Amber Heard is a loving piece of poo poo too!

The consensus from his exes seems to be be he's a drunk, a dirtbag, an irresponsible jackass, negligent, dumb as two short planks and should not be in a romantic or paternal relationship with anyone. But he's not abusive, manipulative, controlling or violent like Heard seems to be.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Now I only feel half as bad about watching the Ninth Gate

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

A Sometimes Food posted:

The consensus from his exes seems to be be he's a drunk, a dirtbag, an irresponsible jackass, negligent, dumb as two short planks and should not be in a romantic or paternal relationship with anyone. But he's not abusive, manipulative, controlling or violent like Heard seems to be.

honestly, it's kind of funny, because in hindsight he didn't exactly have to dig very deep to be Jack Sparrow

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

honestly, it's kind of funny, because in hindsight he didn't exactly have to dig very deep to be Jack Sparrow
I don't know that he was that far gone 17 years ago. But he's certainly become him now.

Heard just comes across like an utter sociopath.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Rick Moranis is officially returning to the Shrunkiverse. Joe Johnston directed the original (it was his first film iirc) and is also returning, and thread favorite Josh Gad (lol) is playing Moranis's son. I'm not sure if he's playing the son from the first movie or the toddler son from the second movie. No word yet if Matt Frewer will be back or if we'll get another Roger Rabbit short to be released with the film like the original

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/rick-moranis-returning-honey-i-shrunk-kids-reboot-1279000

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Tars Tarkas posted:

Rick Moranis is officially returning to the Shrunkiverse. Joe Johnston directed the original (it was his first film iirc) and is also returning, and thread favorite Josh Gad (lol) is playing Moranis's son. I'm not sure if he's playing the son from the first movie or the toddler son from the second movie. No word yet if Matt Frewer will be back or if we'll get another Roger Rabbit short to be released with the film like the original

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/rick-moranis-returning-honey-i-shrunk-kids-reboot-1279000
I’m pretty surprised because didn’t he just turn down an appearance in the new Ghostbusters?

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncL4nNCz8Ec

Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jackie Chan, Rutger Hauer, Charles Dance and CGI dragons? Sign me the gently caress up!

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

I’m pretty surprised because didn’t he just turn down an appearance in the new Ghostbusters?

Given the plot of the new Shrunk is apparently about the dad being widowed after the mother got cancer and reconnecting with his kids, maybe he's a lot more involved in this? Like if Moranis isn't deeply involved that plot seems like it would be uncomfortable for everyone.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Rick Moranis in The Grey 2.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Iron Mask (aka Journey to China: The Mystery of Iron Mask ) film is a sequel to a 2014 Russian film called Viy, they then brought out the dump trucks full of money for big named stars for a sequel for international release. Hoping it is the fun ridiculous kind of terrible

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

duz posted:

I mean good? That's actually a good thing.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Patrick Spens posted:

I mean good? That's actually a good thing.

How so? The whole tape business is pretty recent.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Enos Cabell posted:

Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jackie Chan, Rutger Hauer, Charles Dance and CGI dragons? Sign me the gently caress up!

This looks fun.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Rick Moranis in The Grey 2.

Honestly I think he would do well in a dramatic role.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Gatts posted:

Honestly I think he would do well in a dramatic role.
Unshrunk Gems

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Enos Cabell posted:

Yes!YES!YES!!!

wait isn't rutger hauer dead?

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

hemale in pain posted:

It's too bad he didn't live, but then again who does?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Chairman Capone posted:

It's too bad he didn't live, but then again who does?

so say we all

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

hemale in pain posted:

Yes!YES!YES!!!

This thing has been sitting around for a while.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

hemale in pain posted:

Yes!YES!YES!!!

Don't worry, they can just replace him with a CGI duplicate.

A replicant, if you will.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Aladdin 2

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Ritchie you fucker. Go and make the Sherlock Holmes sequel.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Let David Lynch make an Aladdin sequel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

"loving" Cesar Romero? As if he isn't an awesome Joker and perhaps the most comic accurate take on him yet? Moustache aside, that is.