Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

EL BROMANCE posted:

She’d be a good snl host.

Already happened. She was a resounding “fine”.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Sumo posted:

She was the GameStop clerk with Paul Scheer in Future Man

Yup that's the one

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Escobarbarian posted:

He also just did that David Copperfield movie which I haven’t seen yet but also seems not very on-brand for Iannucci

I've not heard of that!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

zoux posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MzbLQBeR9Y

Dunno what the contrivance is to bring Edgar Allan Poe the Hotel into this series, also don't care.

He's an AI hotel host designed to be cool to humans. It makes sense.

In the book it was Hendrix which is way cooler but they can't afford that and Poe is public domain.

I hope this is good. S1 was okay, had amazing sets and sci fi concepts, but the plot and pacing were a mess. Mostly because they went off-script, but the writer isn't smarter than the book author.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The "contrivance" is more the fact that Poe "died" in the last season.

I'm not complaining though, he was the best loving character

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Arist posted:

Ah yeah. Well, AI. I actually find it kinda weird when robots die permanently in fiction. Some permanent data loss makes sense, but unless you're avoiding fixing them out of respect for their death, they should come back? And is that really respectful anyways?

Altered Carbon is specifically about a world where humans can die and are brought back, sometimes with missing memories, so I can't imagine them having scruples about AI

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Arist posted:

Yeah like I said, whatever they need to do to bring him back.

Also the Hendrix thing isn't due to cost interestingly, it's because his estate won't license his likeness for anything involving violence.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

zoux posted:

Yeah like I said, whatever they need to do to bring him back.

Also the Hendrix thing isn't due to cost interestingly, it's because his estate won't license his likeness for anything involving violence.

How the hell did Wolfenstein pull it off, I wonder?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

How the hell did Wolfenstein pull it off, I wonder?

probably through plausible deniability

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/fox32news/status/1227340696459325442

Nooo I thought we were done wiht this

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lmao cmon trump, play the brain genius card and offer to pardon stone/smollet but not one without the other. both or none

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
wrong thread sry

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Arist posted:

probably through plausible deniability

Yeah, IIRC they don't actually name the character so they can just say he was inspired by Hendrix.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Sumo posted:

Already happened. She was a resounding “fine”.

I completely forgot, I think it's still on my DVR to watch ha.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of funny how Locke & Key wasted no time in having that Tom Savini cameo.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Open Source Idiom posted:

I just straight up love it.

It's less Spaceship Titanic and more Fyre Festival, but the methodical revelation of exactly how hosed they are, and in what ways, is a big part of the appeal.

Plus it's fun to play Who's The Saboteur.

Did Fyre Festival have problems with the port-a-potties too

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Binary Logic posted:

And while some hate him, Josh Gad's character kind of reminds me of the loud, obnoxious boss from The IT Crowd.

I can't believe I'm the first one to say how dead wrong you are to put Josh Gad anywhere near Matt Berry.

Binary Logic posted:

Did Fyre Festival have problems with the port-a-potties too

From what I remember of the documentary, weren't people tilting them over to turn into barriers to keep other desperate party-doers away from their own tent barricades?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Hey! How are all of you doing? Shut up, I don't care! Funimation is streaming Paranoia Agent on their site and you can watch it for free (with ads)! Do it now! It's a great series and I guarantee you've seen nothing like it.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I like TV shows.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Croatoan posted:

I like TV shows.

Buddy you are in the wrong forum for that

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I like to hate TV shows.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I also like it when people tell me my opinions are bad and that my TV shows are bad?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Arist posted:

Hey! How are all of you doing? Shut up, I don't care! Funimation is streaming Paranoia Agent on their site and you can watch it for free (with ads)! Do it now! It's a great series and I guarantee you've seen nothing like it.

What if you've already seen it ;)

Also, its pretty weird and intense. (Like all of Kon's works) so not for everybody necessarily. But its good if you like tension and drama and artistic surrealism.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I like to hate TV shows.

You'll be very popular here

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Rhyno posted:

You'll be very popular here

I actually dont hate that much tv, but when I do, hooo boy all bets are off.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah when I don't like a show I go apeshit and stop watching it and watch something else and tell people that ask me that I couldn't recommend it because of these reasons but really it's all down to taste so your mileage may vary

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

zoux posted:

Yeah when I don't like a show I go apeshit and stop watching it and watch something else

Usually when I truly hate a show it’s because people IRL won’t stop bothering me about it. I was delighted when game of thrones ended so people would stop telling me I needed to catch up.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Croatoan posted:

I also like it when people tell me my opinions are bad and that my TV shows are bad?

zoux posted:

Buddy you are in the wrong right forum for that

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

My opinions? Well, there real good.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

zoux posted:

Yeah when I don't like a show I go apeshit and stop watching it and watch something else and tell people that ask me that I couldn't recommend it because of these reasons but really it's all down to taste so your mileage may vary

Brutal

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
if you like laughing and baseball bats and roller skates youll love paranoia agent

its been 15 years since ive seen it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Arist posted:

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Started watching Blood Drive. The first ep was fun and it's a solid B- show so far.
The main dude and girl are super boring and bland, so the show is saved by the Rob Zombie/Jimmy Urine amalgamation that is the MC,the other racers and the practical effect gore.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Wasn't Paranoia Agent on adult swim or something way back when? I didn't think it was anything super interesting at the time

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

RBA Starblade posted:

Wasn't Paranoia Agent on adult swim or something way back when? I didn't think it was anything super interesting at the time

Yes, although for some reason they cut out the "next times" which screws up the entire ending of the series.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

It was and it was pretty interesting at the time, but you had to kinda buy in and watch a bit to "get it". Figuring out what the show is about is like, the whole thing. Its not spoon fed to you like DBZ.

Although catching it on Adult Swim at 12:30 in the morning with no idea what show you're watching is probably the best mood for that show.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Feb 12, 2020

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Vincent posted:

Started watching Blood Drive. The first ep was fun and it's a solid B- show so far.
The main dude and girl are super boring and bland, so the show is saved by the Rob Zombie/Jimmy Urine amalgamation that is the MC,the other racers and the practical effect gore.

Slink the MC continues to be the real star of the show up until the end.

How are you watching it? I remember when the show was on they would have some fake ads set in the Blood Drive "universe" during commercial breaks, I'm curious if they're worked in at all.

At least some of the episodes also included viewer complaints that I am pretty sure were real.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Vincent posted:

THe main character is the carnival barker guy

Slink rules, he got done dirty by syfy cancelling blood drive

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Croatoan posted:

You would, you pig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Is Mayans MC the same type of bad/awful that SOA ended up being? Do the idiots that unironically love SOA love this show too? Is it as fun to hate watch?