Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I was presuming No Man's Sky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Streak system to keep people addicted but breaks the will of anyone who missed a day.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Zesty posted:

Streak system to keep people addicted but breaks the will of anyone who missed a day.

Seems like they could drop you a tier or two. I'm ready to bail since I had to travel, too.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Come to think of it, I pretty much stopped playing when my 50+ day streak broke too. It doesn’t help that this game is a gigantic bugfest that runs shitter and shitter as time goes on.

Honestly, during launch week, I got smooth as butter frames and very few bugs. The last time I played I was getting 20 frames tops and we were hitting bizzare bugs every 3 minutes. I don’t understand how they’ve managed this.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Am I missing something here?? I've gone to the locations it says but there is nothing there...

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
Do you have a shovel and a metal detector? Some items are buried and need a shovel, some also need a Metal Detector to find the spot where you have to use the Shovel. Said items are marked with a magnet on the Collectors Map.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

There is also an option to set what tools you own so things you can't collect don't show up.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Dragonstoned posted:

Am I missing something here?? I've gone to the locations it says but there is nothing there...

refresh it to get the current cycle. stuff moves around every so often so if you opened it a day or so ago its outta date now

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

Dragonstoned posted:

Sorry, I presumed you already owned the shovel and metal detector. If you click on the items, it will show you if you need a shovel or a metal detector (and shovel) in order to get them. Tarot cards, antique alcohol and bird eggs are always out in the open. Turn in a few full collections of either and you'll have enough for the shovel and metal detector. After that, you'll never want for money again.

E: Also this:

Sleekly posted:

refresh it to get the current cycle. stuff moves around every so often so if you opened it a day or so ago its outta date now

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

cunts are still running the show.
despite doing one daily a day i somehow lost my 27+ streak.

it SEEMS the game must track it as "have you done a daily in 24 hours from your last daily" vs. "have you done a daily since the daily challenges were updated"

e.g. the daily challenges reset at 1am, so if you do a daily at 11pm and then do one at 2am it doesn't count as 2 days

could have just been a bug if that's not the intention though.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

The fact that I have a 42 day streak going says a lot about my life, I guess. I even log in just for 10 minutes to whip out a quick challenge just to keep the streak and continue accumulating my 0.5-3 gold per day (which I don't know what to do with, I have like 65 and I already got the couple of cosmetics that I wanted - unless they come up with a bunch more roles, I'm pretty much already set for the next outlaw pass and then some)

Edit: writing this made me realize that I started playing RDO / fulfilling challenges on 1/1/2020, and that kind of compels me to make a 365 day streak. Madness!

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

Freudian slippers posted:

Sorry, I presumed you already owned the shovel and metal detector. If you click on the items, it will show you if you need a shovel or a metal detector (and shovel) in order to get them. Tarot cards, antique alcohol and bird eggs are always out in the open. Turn in a few full collections of either and you'll have enough for the shovel and metal detector. After that, you'll never want for money again.

All good, I thought I had the shovel but turns out it was the ol "Nuh uhh you just unlocked the ability to BUY IT" dealys... and then I still didn't quite have enough to buy it, shovels were expensive back in the day huh.

Managed to set the map to only show things I can get though and have been making progress.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

TorakFade posted:

The fact that I have a 42 day streak going says a lot about my life, I guess. I even log in just for 10 minutes to whip out a quick challenge just to keep the streak and continue accumulating my 0.5-3 gold per day (which I don't know what to do with, I have like 65 and I already got the couple of cosmetics that I wanted - unless they come up with a bunch more roles, I'm pretty much already set for the next outlaw pass and then some)

Edit: writing this made me realize that I started playing RDO / fulfilling challenges on 1/1/2020, and that kind of compels me to make a 365 day streak. Madness!

leap year lol do it
on dec 30 the servers will be attacked for juuuuuust long to break it

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

i haven’t played factorio, but apparently it’s like that, but in first person.

it’s early access and lacks an overall narrative or progression past unlocking the 7 tech tiers (which themselves have several sub-tiers to unlock), but the building mechanics are pretty polished and good compared to other games with similar features.

this sort of thing is extremely my jam and the music is mostly space ambient synth stuff so it’s chill af and just feels good.

currently on epic for 30bux, but steam “soon”

the third major update just hit the experimental branch of the game which changes a lot of the early tech progression and should be released for reals in a couple weeks i hear

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Okay weird hacker moment
I was taken to a mesa in mexico where the guy spawned a bunch of treasure chests. also dead cougars.

If Rockstar aint gonna fix it dont mind if i do.

Hihohe fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Feb 12, 2020

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
No Mexico in RDR2. You mean New Austin?

I would find it really impressive if the Online team added Nuevo Paraíso designed from the ground up with Online in mind.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Zesty posted:

No Mexico in RDR2. You mean New Austin?

I would find it really impressive if the Online team added Nuevo Paraíso designed from the ground up with Online in mind.

No it was in Mexico across the river from new Austin. There was no features or people. Just the low res stuff to make it look good from far away.

Hackers man.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

It probably doesn't have a chance in hell of happening but it'd be amazing if they did a RDR Redux as an "expansion" for this. They have like 90% of the game area in already, they could pull the voicework from the old game, and most of the main character models are in too. They could probably get away with charging $40-$60 for it and I'd gladly pay it

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

No, I bought a treasure map off rando NPC.

I *have* bought some collector maps, for use in "use x many maps" dailies.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

Hakarne posted:

It probably doesn't have a chance in hell of happening but it'd be amazing if they did a RDR Redux as an "expansion" for this. They have like 90% of the game area in already, they could pull the voicework from the old game, and most of the main character models are in too. They could probably get away with charging $40-$60 for it and I'd gladly pay it

The fact that they sent the lawyers to kill that RDR1 graphics mod for the emulated version of the game before it even got started makes me hope they have a RDR1 remaster on the cards.

The only thing is I'd want them to add a few more voice lines in that talk about Arthur and some references to RDR2.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Mexico is not only in RDR2O (in lovely empty low-res form) it was actually accessible on foot for a while and they had to patch it out.

Also, RE: RDR1 remaster, Jack's dialogue lines are all in the game's files for some reason. There's a glitch you can trigger that swaps out voice scripts on yourself and NPCs and sometime you can trigger a bunch of Jack Marston stuff

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Feb 13, 2020

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I thought that Jack Marston stuff was proven to just be an npc that sounds like him.

Also these was a patch that was supposed to have done something about animal spawns. Rode my horse across the map and didn’t see a single animal. Great job.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I thought that Jack Marston stuff was proven to just be an npc that sounds like him.

Also these was a patch that was supposed to have done something about animal spawns. Rode my horse across the map and didn’t see a single animal. Great job.

Here's what some random website says :

quote:

[UPDATE - 12.25pm GMT] - According to the official patch notes showing on PS4, the new update released today is said to offer the following changes.

"Version 1.17 - Update 01.17 - General stability fixes and improvements"

Which seems somewhat at odds with the games sizable 3.8GB update.

Although based on reports, it doesn't sound as though the low animal counts have been fixed.

As noted by Red Dead Online Player, @ALifeOfMisery_, nothing seems to have changed:

"After downloading 1.17 I restarted my PS4 & cleared cache when starting RDR2.I'm currently in Great Plains, 23 player lobby, not so much as a bird in the sky and my camp is missing.Seems like a good use of 3.87gb."

This was then followed by, this:

"After a further full console shut down and a clearing cache, nothing has changed for me. 24 player lobby, I have ridden around Great Plains, Tall Trees & Hennigan's Stead, I've seen a couple of wild horses and maybe a handful of Ravens. That's it. Also can't get camp to pitch."

What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I'm pretty much just watching this thread waiting for a string of posts confirming that all these stupid problems have been fixed.

clockworx
Oct 15, 2005
The Internet Whore made me buy this account
New fun bug - after doing the moonshine store, Maggie disappears and you need to reenter the shack to respawn her.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
I saw alligators in world for the first time in a long time yesterday

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
The first time I saw a buffalo (I only saw two) I was surprised at how big they were.

Just like real life I guess it not like you see buffalos often. Thank you for the realism rockstar.

EvilMerlin
Apr 10, 2018

Meh.

Give it a try...

Cage posted:

The first time I saw a buffalo (I only saw two) I was surprised at how big they were.

Just like real life I guess it not like you see buffalos often. Thank you for the realism rockstar.

Truth.

I saw my first bison in real life up in the Montreal area a couple of years ago. Was petting a younger calf, when its mother came over. loving thing was MASSIVE.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I liked how in Red Dead 1, there was the one giant buffalo herd, and their pelts were worth a ton (i think, anyway) but once you killed them they were gone forever. I think there was even an achievement for it.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Ainsley McTree posted:

I liked how in Red Dead 1, there was the one giant buffalo herd, and their pelts were worth a ton (i think, anyway) but once you killed them they were gone forever. I think there was even an achievement for it.

thats right

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
Kill the bison then sell them in Mexico. Big money big prizes.

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

Ainsley McTree posted:

the Manifest Destiny achievement... actually got a little sad when I unlocked it

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

Ainsley McTree posted:

Oh man I didn't know this, that's sad. I think I thought many didnt spawn randomly.

I am fairly new to online, do these stranger missions, like the ones for Bonnie at Hennigan's Stead, run out, or do they eventually repeat?

Scherloch
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah!

PlushCow posted:

Oh man I didn't know this, that's sad. I think I thought many didnt spawn randomly.

I am fairly new to online, do these stranger missions, like the ones for Bonnie at Hennigan's Stead, run out, or do they eventually repeat?

The strangers give you one mission per in-game day.

ElTacoGato
Oct 11, 2012
Is there a story thing for Van Horn I've missed about that town being aggressive?

I'm nearing the end of chapter 3. I've been through Van Horn before, and did the stranger mission that started there, but otherwise hadn't done more than ridden through, as there hasn't been any real story stuff up that way yet. Was just riding through to get to the stable when I saw the two men in a duel. Stopped and accepted the winner's challenge. Dueled him and won. Looted his body and that of the guy he'd dueled first. Hopped on my horse and suddenly I'm being attacked from all sides. At first I thought I had been unlocky and there were some lawmen passing by that maybe took issue with me looting the bodies, or maybe I hadn't been supposed to kill the man I'd dueled or something, but then I realized it was waaay too many people attacking me for it to have been the law, and it was just... everyone in town attacking me instead. Finally finished off everyone attacking me and went about looting the bodies. Some gave me a karma ding, some didn't. I never became wanted or anything, despite having to fend off most of the town. It was weird! On my way back down south after visiting the stable I checked at the post office to see if I'd accrued a bounty (nope!) and when I greeted a guy standing around outside he just said "I thought we'd made it clear you aren't welcome here" or something similar. But I've spent hardly any time there, so I can't even figure out what I did to be unwelcome (pre-defending myself against the entire town, I mean; if he was grumpy about me killing most of the town that's understandable, but also they attacked me first!).

Did I somehow stumble into a story thing I didn't realize was a story thing? Was it connected to the dueling guy encounter? Was it just some bizarre coincidence of the town attacking being a separate encounter that just happened to piggy back the dueling guy encounter? Is Van Horn just a batshit hellscape of a town that attacks passersby for funsies?

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

ElTacoGato posted:

Is there a story thing for Van Horn I've missed about that town being aggressive?

... Is Van Horn just a batshit hellscape of a town that attacks passersby for funsies?

I tried to stop a fight where some rear end hat was trying to drown his girl in the horse watering station and suddenly the entire city jumped on me because I shot into air. I think that city has some fiddly scripting in its hostility system.

Der Kyhe fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Feb 14, 2020

ElTacoGato
Oct 11, 2012

Der Kyhe posted:

I tried to stop a fight where some rear end hat was trying to drown his girl in the horse watering station and suddenly the entire city jumped on me because I shot into air. I think that city has some fiddly scripting in its hostility system.

Glad it wasn't just me, then, thanks!

Them Van Horn folk need to lay off the booze if it's making them that cranky. :argh:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Van Horn doesn’t have lawmen and the residents don’t report crimes. When they saw you looting the body it’s that triggered their version of the law which is everyone going ham on your rear end.

ElTacoGato
Oct 11, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Van Horn doesn’t have lawmen and the residents don’t report crimes.

Ooooh. Cool!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

triggered their version of the law which is everyone going ham on your rear end.

:mad: Way to be uncool, Van Horn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Everyone gets mad at the "looting" crime, though, right?