Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

coconono posted:

poo poo I’d walk if I was getting paid 60k to throw myself at the ground and found out that was my pay ceiling. After travel and medical you’re maybe keeping half of that. Which taxes eat at least a third of that so it’s barely over poverty levels.

:agreed: Glad she did what was the right thing for her. Same for Killer Kelly and Jazzy Gabert. Don't let anybody walk all over you, especially this lovely company

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Imagine being a television performer and being paid sixty thousand dollars a year my loving God

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

jesus WEP posted:

Imagine being a television performer and being paid sixty thousand dollars a year my loving God

The WWE has over 300 mouths to feed

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

StarkRavingMad posted:

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1225781804034072576

Apparently they managed to break King Cuerno on his first day out

Jesus Christ did they loving make him run their stupid loving drills that have zero actual bearing on anything other than destroying joints?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

coconono posted:

poo poo I’d walk if I was getting paid 60k to throw myself at the ground and found out that was my pay ceiling. After travel and medical you’re maybe keeping half of that. Which taxes eat at least a third of that so it’s barely over poverty levels.
I thought NXT talent typically don't pay for their own travel, and most of them live in Florida by Full Sail and The Performance Center. Not saying that makes a huge difference, by my estimate take home pay is probably closer to 35K

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
I hope Cuerno came in injured and just dragged a busted leg to first day of drills so he could get taken care of on their dime

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Do I want to watch every Takeover from the beginning?

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
There's like one or two bland ones in the first few but they are pretty much all killer shows.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Open Marriage Night posted:

Highly recommended. At the very least watch Arrival through Brooklyn for the Sami and Bayley arcs, and Brooklyn II through Chicago for the best parts of the DIY arc.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Astro7x posted:

I thought NXT talent typically don't pay for their own travel, and most of them live in Florida by Full Sail and The Performance Center. Not saying that makes a huge difference, by my estimate take home pay is probably closer to 35K
oh sick, 35k instead of 30k

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

is pepsi ok posted:

Highly recommended. At the very least watch Arrival through Brooklyn for the Sami and Bayley arcs, and Brooklyn II through Chicago for the best parts of the DIY arc.

I started watching after Owens became champion, and I haven’t seen a bad one yet.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Open Marriage Night posted:

You should count NXT arrival in this rewatch imo

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

is pepsi ok posted:

Taynara wasn't great on her own but she was perfect for the Brazilian MMA stable they never did anything with. I always thought Cezar Bononi had potential (he does some pretty good character work at house shows).

ok seriously, how can you not take a choice looking selection from the biggest collection of tryhard toughfucks and not come up with something? That's free writing material.

The Brazillian MMA scene has dudes getting grenades thrown at them over fender benders. poo poo's wild.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Taynara was very attractive and if wwe has proven anything its that people can get really far with just that on the main roster

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

There any indication that any other matches are going to be added to Takeover: Portland, or are the six matches on the Wikipedia page probably it?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

There any indication that any other matches are going to be added to Takeover: Portland, or are the six matches on the Wikipedia page probably it?

That's probably it, plus a pre-show match. Unless one of those 6 are the pre-show match

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Maybe they add Roddy vs Dream? I’m trying to justify buying a ticket having not watched the latest run of TV.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Maybe they add Roddy vs Dream? I’m trying to justify buying a ticket having not watched the latest run of TV.

it's justified by the fact that Takeovers always fuckin' OWN and because we don't get any shows up here other than DEFY occasionally slumming it at the Hawthorne and Prestige coming to the Roseland like... once a year.
do I love Blue Collar Wrestling and DOA? yes. are they any good? ...not really

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yay Dakota Kai finally won!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Show was fine but holy gently caress they need to get the gently caress off of Wednesdays, it's killing any interest in the show by having it go up against something as great, fresh and exciting as AEW.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

when did wwe sign jonah rock? that went completely under my radar.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

the absolute worst TakeOver was still a really great wrestling show, you're going to have a good time

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im trying to watch this episode of nxt but the commentary is just killin me

how much of this match is gonna occur during commercial jesus

that finish sucked

is the velveteen dream threatening to kill roderick strong and/or his family?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Has the bad company realized that they can put NXT on the network with no commercial interruption yet?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

OFFICER LIGER posted:

Same time they signed DJZ, Shane Strickland, Trevor Lee, Sam Shaw, and ACH. I think all were literally the same class

God didn't realize theres a takeover on sunday

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're all bad companies, Bront.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

karmicknight posted:

Has the bad company realized that they can put NXT on the network with no commercial interruption yet?

nope :lol:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

loving winner. AEWPlus has been a thing since the start of Dynamite, right? I don't get how you could be flailing wildly in response to your opposition that just won't die and not notice that they have a pretty ingenious system to drive people to a subscription service. Like I get that their infrastructure is probably too stupid to pull of simulcasting the live show to foreign markets for NXT, but being able to say, this match will be in its entirety on the WWE network later this week seems like it might sell the network to those 700k that are watching the tv.

But what do I know.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It goes up commercial free on the Network the next day.

And by that I mean that there's a quick cut from when the commercials start to when they end.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

karmicknight posted:

loving winner. AEWPlus has been a thing since the start of Dynamite, right? I don't get how you could be flailing wildly in response to your opposition that just won't die and not notice that they have a pretty ingenious system to drive people to a subscription service. Like I get that their infrastructure is probably too stupid to pull of simulcasting the live show to foreign markets for NXT, but being able to say, this match will be in its entirety on the WWE network later this week seems like it might sell the network to those 700k that are watching the tv.

But what do I know.

NXT was exclusive to the Network for the longest time and they apparently didn't see enough potential in that to not ship it to TV at the first chance they got to gently caress over an alternative, so really I don't have any sympathy for them or their Network. They made this bed, let them die in it

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
The biggest takeaway from last night's NXT involving the women is that Dakota continues to look like a loving loser geek, and that people are finally realizing Rhea is nowhere near as good as WWE presents her as. She's getting almost universal criticism about her promos as of late, and her ring work hasn't been too hot either.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

NXT was exclusive to the Network for the longest time and they apparently didn't see enough potential in that to not ship it to TV at the first chance they got to gently caress over an alternative, so really I don't have any sympathy for them or their Network. They made this bed, let them die in it

I'm very glad the bad company is very stupid. I'm also glad I missed the period where they decided the only selling point to their repository of wrestling history was "it only cost 9.99! You losers," because I might have died of laughter.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!

karmicknight posted:

I'm very glad the bad company is very stupid. I'm also glad I missed the period where they decided the only selling point to their repository of wrestling history was "it only cost 9.99! You losers," because I might have died of laughter.
"it's like netflix but better" was literally their slogan at one point

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

karmicknight posted:

butchered repository of wrestling history. absolutely butchered. But that's an argument for another thread.

Is NXT still running 8-10EST? I thought I saw people livetweeting well after that.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

coconono posted:

butchered repository of wrestling history. absolutely butchered. But that's an argument for another thread.

Is NXT still running 8-10EST? I thought I saw people livetweeting well after that.

Lot of people watch AEW first then NXT

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

OFFICER LIGER posted:

KungFu Grip posted:

Same time they signed DJZ, Shane Strickland, Trevor Lee, Sam Shaw, and ACH. I think all were literally the same class

God didn't realize theres a takeover on sunday

Some of these things belong together, some of these things are kinda the same, but one of these things is doing its own thing, now its time to play our game...

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Is there a need to watch any of the last few episodes of NXT weekly for the PPV or has not much storytelling really happened, and the recaps will be enough to cover it?

OFFICER LIGER posted:

the absolute worst TakeOver was still a really great wrestling show, you're going to have a good time

I'll go as far as to say there has been one bad Takeover *match* (I've slipped a bit behind on my Takeovers but I saw all of them at least until 2018 or so) and that was Bull Dempsey vs Baron Corbin, and is literally the reason I still hate Corbin to this day.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

Is there a need to watch any of the last few episodes of NXT weekly for the PPV or has not much storytelling really happened, and the recaps will be enough to cover it?

I'll go as far as to say there has been one bad Takeover *match* (I've slipped a bit behind on my Takeovers but I saw all of them at least until 2018 or so) and that was Bull Dempsey vs Baron Corbin, and is literally the reason I still hate Corbin to this day.

(Not currently on the card, I think) Dream wants to wear Strong like a skin suit and become him and gently caress his wife.
Ciampa wants to do very violent things to Cole.
There's a tag team title match.
The women's title match doesn't matter because we all know who's winning and also Charlotte Flair is going to be at the takeover, so it's all 'Mania setup.
Two other women are very angy at each other and are going to beat the hell out of each other.
Keith Lee and the other guy who's name I can't spell are going to have a nice, respectful match.
Johnny Wresting and Finn are going to fight over who represents NXT. There has been no storyline development other than that.

I think that's everything.

We Got Us A Bread fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Feb 13, 2020

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Haha perfect, I used to watch Tegan Nox back when she was fighting for my local indies so it's gonna be awesome to see her match on a Takeover. She's had such a tough time getting there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Don't count your eggs just yet though there's still a couple of days for her to break another knee.