Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I can't believe we were so desperate for any alternative vision for Episode 9 that we briefly entertained the idea that Trevorrow's version wouldn't be a disaster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
It does seem like an actual story. Not a good story, definitely not the one I would prefer. But a story, and not a fever dream of ghosts and toys talking to each other.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Where is the script

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
https://twitter.com/Wackd/status/1226958676604391425?s=19

:yikes:

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

MonsieurChoc posted:

Bring back Cad Bane Ziro the Hutt.

:regd08:

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

General Dog posted:

Where is the script

For now, here:

https://twitter.com/Benredemption/status/1226126955533209600

Yeah, I just got to this yikes moment.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Lmao oh no

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Rape From Nowhere

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
:wookie:

That's a yikes from me too, Chewie.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Rey Charles

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The reply to that post is even better (worse)

https://twitter.com/wackd/status/1226960267231232000?s=21

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

code:
CHANCELLOR HUX
You think this is funny. Very well.

Hux holds out his hand. Shuts his eyes, concentrating deep.

ROSE
Are you? Are you trying to use the
Force on me?

CHANCELLOR HUX
Be quiet.

ROSE
Oh no, see...you’re not special. I
mean, at all.

CHANCELLOR HUX
Shut up!
Lmao. Btw, this is the second time Hux has tried and failed to use the Force.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Let's blow this thing and go home

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I can’t believe this script also culminates with a bunch of arbitrary life force exchange in a spooky temple; and that Kylo’s face turn is even more truncated and unmotivated.

The script does get points for making some effort to build on the Last Jedi, and even some clumsy attempts on addressing some of the themes of the prequels. It at least attempts to tie the sequel trilogy and the 9 film saga into some sort of bow. From what I've scanned, it's not especially good, but it's at least not a stunning anticlimax like RoS.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Feb 13, 2020

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

Lol that Colin Trevorrow got too horny for Disney and they canned his rapey script.

Also that he can't spell 'guttural' apparently

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

A lot of scripts have misspellings I’ve noticed.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

He also loves the word “decimate”. Like, a lot. Shame he doesn’t know what it means.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

thrawn527 posted:

He also loves the word “decimate”. Like, a lot. Shame he doesn’t know what it means.

Pretty much every major dictionary now lists "to devastate" or "cause great damage to" as a definition for "decimate," as opposed to the historical definition of "reduce by one-tenth."

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

The amount of acting direction in that script is real bad

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Timby posted:

Pretty much every major dictionary now lists "to devastate" or "cause great damage to" as a definition for "decimate," as opposed to the historical definition of "reduce by one-tenth."

Oh. Well my mistake.

He still overuses it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its a bad script and the mind assault over there is hooooooooboy but it is at least coherent and as far as I see doesnt ignore that return of the jedi happened

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

it's pretty much exactly what to expect when the book of henry guy gets a star wars movie: a loving mess, but a mess that's at least entertaining to gawk at and scratch your head over

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Using the mind trick on a fellow hero to save their life against their will or something would be a cool idea. Rey mind controls Poe to go somewhere safe and goes off to face death on her own or whatever. I'm not going to bother reading the script further than what's directly quoted here tho

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Here’s a good article/bio on Marcia Lucas, using the few available resources they have on her and some of her corrections to the piece itself:

http://fd.noneinc.com/secrethistoryofstarwarscom/secrethistoryofstarwars.com/marcialucas.html

It’s a really fascinating exploration of her and George’s relationship and her influence and impact. It seems like she was content after the divorce, would have been interesting to see her work in film more.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

2house2fly posted:

Using the mind trick on a fellow hero to save their life against their will or something would be a cool idea. Rey mind controls Poe to go somewhere safe and goes off to face death on her own or whatever. I'm not going to bother reading the script further than what's directly quoted here tho

They do this in Starship Troopers.

Also, Starship Troopers has the mind controlling Jedi dress as SS.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

ruddiger posted:

They do this in Starship Troopers.

Also, Starship Troopers has the mind controlling Jedi dress as SS.

I kept hoping we'd see Barney Stinson break out that outfit for some bizarre seduction scenario in How I Met Your Mother but no such luck.

I will say that the bit with Rose asking Hux "Are you seriously trying to use the Force on me, you fascist goober?" almost makes the Rey mind-rape scene worth it. Almost. But not quite.

Still would have been cool to see in the movie. Really the Poe/Rey idea is just... odd. I could see Rey and Finn, maybe. Or Finn channeling Force powers and doing it to Poe to save him. But in at least the first couple of movies Rey seemed to know Poe as "that guy who's a friend of Finn."

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

this is the closest to putting in his han/luke slashfic Trevorrow could come. you gotta give him this, disney...

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Rey and Poe are such a bizarre pairing. Like, looking back on it, do they even exchange dialogue with each other in TFA or TLJ? Or even appear in the same scene other then when the Resistance is planning to attack Starkiller Base?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i'm not gonna lie, i kind of like the Trevorrow script?

like, it's really weird and goofy, but it's a weird and goofy that fits Star Wars fine.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Rey and Poe are such a bizarre pairing. Like, looking back on it, do they even exchange dialogue with each other in TFA or TLJ? Or even appear in the same scene other then when the Resistance is planning to attack Starkiller Base?

the first time they're at the same place together was at the very end of TLJ where she lifts the rocks and saves the six resistance members left

clearly trevorrow believes in love at first sight and i won't mock him for that

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Acebuckeye13 posted:

They didn't meet until the end of TLJ, and that meeting only happened because Trevorrow asked for it.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Incredible

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Who the hell is Felicity Smoak?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Laser Guillotine just reminds me again of Victory Gundam.

The First Order really are a worse Zanscare. They don't even have cool Bug-eyed mechs or Motorcycle Spaceships that crush everything.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

If they couldn’t do Finn and poe for whatever reason why the gently caress couldn’t they just do Rey and Finn? They had chemistry.

It’s sickening.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Timby posted:

TIL that Decimate meant reduce by one-tenth. (non native English speaker)
I literally only know it as meaning great damange/nearly complete destruction etc. In hindsight, it makes sense at least from entomological point of view with the dec in there.

You know this script does have some pretty good moments in there. I'm personally fond of Ben getting a Vader breath. He starts as a Cosplayer trying to live up to Vader and slowly becomes more Vaderesque. It's an interesting theme.
But who thought Poe x Rey was a good idea. :psyduck:

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Darth TNT posted:

You know this script does have some pretty good moments in there. I'm personally fond of Ben getting a Vader breath. He starts as a Cosplayer trying to live up to Vader and slowly becomes more Vaderesque. It's an interesting theme.

I figured that was where TFA was going with that big scar he got. Like, he'd start feeling he had to wear the mask out of vanity or shame or something. Something psychological as opposed to Vader's physical need. But then Johnson got rid of that. :shrug:

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
The bit with Poe complaining that the Star Destroyer has been set up with inverted controls, and then loving up piloting it out of dock as a result, made me smile. (Although what freak doesn't use inverted controls? Maybe that's the real reason why Disney fired Trevorrow...)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Darth TNT posted:

TIL that Decimate meant reduce by one-tenth. (non native English speaker)
I literally only know it as meaning great damange/nearly complete destruction etc. In hindsight, it makes sense at least from entomological point of view with the dec in there.
I can assure you that most native English speakers don't know the actual definition either.