Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
Going to take me awhile to get caught up but compliments on you Mega for driving the conversation. I'm also going to be looking at who is commenting on the building part and making suggestions.

I'm going to be weaving since that is very much my strength.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Leith Maclaine posted:

Going to take me awhile to get caught up but compliments on you Mega for driving the conversation. I'm also going to be looking at who is commenting on the building part and making suggestions.

I'm going to be weaving since that is very much my strength.

I don't deserve this, as I have been lurking for almost the entire time. This effort posting period is to make up for all that

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
I promised reads of people hiding behind mechanics, here are the people that I think are doing this:

Hunt11 - Their post history is super light, and what few scum hunting posts are made are surface level, but their posts about mechanics are more indepth. They're engaging, just not with the scum hunting part of the game.

Alli again - Their only active scum hunting is attempting to call someone out for a "slip" about being good at soothseer building. That and their initial push on Solus that they abandoned without comment.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

MegaZeroX posted:

I don't deserve this, as I have been lurking for almost the entire time. This effort posting period is to make up for all that

I appreciate it regardless of alignment Mega, thanks. It reminded me of my own promises to reread.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Mega I am certain that I have given more reads than the two posts of mine you quoted. I also have scum reads. Not sure what else you are looking for

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

b-minus1 posted:

Mega I am certain that I have given more reads than the two posts of mine you quoted. I also have scum reads. Not sure what else you are looking for

You've got a scum read on JenX, "maybe" a scum read on Dragon, and 3 town reads: Myself, Solus and AA.

If you've got more ideas in your head, please put them in thread.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I finally read all the rules and mechanics. Time to find the bullshitter

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Amnistar posted:

Probably the last time I'll post this today, we've got basically everything together for day 1.

adding in who's building what would be a cool next step! I will be working on FIRE SHOT :supaburn:

Monathin posted:

I'm actually coming around on the idea of Hunt possibly being scummy, but definitely not enough to move my vote from Mega. Still feel that's my most solid case by a landslide.

I'm willing to move my vote from Mega... I don't have the same level of super obvious "OMG HOW CAN YOU NOT SEE HOW BLINDINGLY TOWN HE IS" feeling about Mega like I had back in Virtual Tuber mafia, which I was hoping I'd get for my own piece of mind, but this is good enough to relent for now.

##unvote

still got my eye on Hunt but let's put someone new in the hot seat

##vote Iron Chef Ramen

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

adding in who's building what would be a cool next step! I will be working on FIRE SHOT :supaburn:

I can add it, but honestly I've gone through the thread like 6 times trying to make sure I caught everything so it's only gonna be from this point forward.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

MegaZeroX posted:

True, but this evening has been good detailed poo poo and we are now about a day so it is time to get serious. I wpn't do a lumpen list but here are my reactions, people I am feeling are town.

b- , this is enough action from b that I think he is town, it's a meta read but it is my thoughts

AA, AA isn't playing stupid or claiming to not understand things or be a pushy organizing everyone self that I've seen him do when he knows more than the average bear, that says town to me.

Mega is at least trying to create reads

Amni is doing a yeoman's work organizing the spreadsheet

People I am questioning,

Iron Chef - there is almost nothing there.

Ruggan - focused on the combat, no scum hunting

Charms - serious lurking, I know, new but still

I don't like any of the current vote leaders so let's move someone up.

##vote Iron Chef

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Amnistar posted:

I can add it, but honestly I've gone through the thread like 6 times trying to make sure I caught everything so it's only gonna be from this point forward.

fair enough, that's why I restated mine. Might be worth having others do the same anyway to reconfirm now that we've had some debate back and forth.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Amnistar posted:

Working on Actual medicinal herbs instead of placebos and hope

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Bif and I agreeing....

Now I need to decide if that is a good thing or not.

:)

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Here you go, posting the image usually gets people to respond.

I'm not as sold on this one being useful, Steak's point does matter, but getting people to commit to actions in advance is more likely to be useful than asking people after the fact.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

My abilities are pretty flexible, but I'll say for now that I'll work on the door. I may switch if I see an important building not getting support.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

MegaZeroX posted:

Social Studies 3rd Period - They've mostly hung back and posted mechanical stuff, but they did do a scum read on KB that isn't bad. Will get to that later.

Can you explain SS3P's reason for thinking I'm scum? Since you think it wasn't bad, I assume that means you have a solid grasp of it.

MegaZeroX posted:

KB - For a vet, its weird how little scumhunting they've done. They have posted quite a bit, but most if it is either posting mechanics or defending themselves. Currently their only work at all is me, and hopping onto a bandwagon takes very little effort. Like, if they have all this time to post about mechanics, and do some smarmy sniping, they should have time to make a real case. It feels like they are just trying to pass through the day. It reminds me of playing with scum KB in the Fate Soldiers game last month.

This is a stretch. Among other things, I expect you know that it actually takes way more time to properly case then it does to just post off the cuff when you have the time for it. The question I have to ask myself is if you are deliberately doing it as scum, or just not actually thinking things through as town. I know you are fully capable of the latter from our last game.

---

Like, I dig the effort you've now put in to make up for your disappearance, regardless of alignment. And it does remind me more of your town self. But you seem to be seeing half the thread as scum at this point, which seems kind of odd. Like you ended up putting some of those in Null, but that doesn't even match what you put in your little blurbs about people. Examples:

MegaZeroX posted:

tl;dr (lumpen list is in no particular order other than tier)

Scummy:
Ruggan
Iron Chef
KB
Binus
Hunt

Scum Leaning
Amni
Ali
Mona

:shrug:
Bif
PMush
CCKeane
AA
Charms

Town leaning
Steak
Solus
Leith
SS3P

Towny
Dragonatrix
Jen X
Lux

MegaZeroX posted:

Bif - She seems okay. If she was just tunneling me, I'd be susp, but she has also put pressure on Hunt, which I think is good. But I'm not really happy that it doesn't look like she's turned her attention anywhere else. She only said "I think you are wrong about Jen" to Binus, and thats about it. The rest are mechanic posts or going on and on about me or whatever. I also don't like how her dropping her Hunt case seemed to just because Dragonatrix hopped on. It feels a bit like bus that she wanted to just set up for whenever she or Hunt died. Overall she is slightly scummy right now IMO.

MegaZeroX posted:

CCKeane - I know flying under the radar and asking questions is Keane's thing, but they've been strangely active in the mechanics, without really going to deep into player disputes. They got slightly involved with the Solus/AA thing, but it was like only to justify when Solus scumclaimed as town. The rest has been towards me, and I don't know why they've haven't been prodding hunt, binus, Jen X, KB, etc. This is feeling like scum Keane to me.

---

I started this post thinking I was going to unvote you. But examining everything, I think this was a drat good scum effort to get people to lay off. I'm keeping my vote here for now. Having said that you posted reads on tons of folks so you were bound to get a few things right even if it was bussing. I like what you pointed out about Ruggan and I'm willing to vote there as well. Iron Chef is also on my short list right now. And not willing to vote these yet, but I have a gut scum read on Keane right now and I have had a couple moments where I was questioning if Bif was scum. Both of them will likely die via scum kill at some point if they are town though, so I consider them low priority cuddles if we don't have a smoking gun.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Amnistar posted:

I'm not as sold on this one being useful, Steak's point does matter, but getting people to commit to actions in advance is more likely to be useful than asking people after the fact.

Masonry - Walls

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

King Burgundy posted:

Please elaborate. Not really following your reasoning.

Yeah, reading back I can see that a bit. Partially a gut read off of some of the shorter posts/bits you made earlier. As well as pointing out that a handful of your actual posts at the time were also pretty much mechanics chat. Someone earlier articulated it a bit better than I could, I'll try and pull that too here in a minute.

Also masonry/walls, here.

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

MegaZeroX posted:

KB - For a vet, its weird how little scumhunting they've done. They have posted quite a bit, but most if it is either posting mechanics or defending themselves. Currently their only work at all is me, and hopping onto a bandwagon takes very little effort. Like, if they have all this time to post about mechanics, and do some smarmy sniping, they should have time to make a real case. It feels like they are just trying to pass through the day. It reminds me of playing with scum KB in the Fate Soldiers game last month.

Found it. Worded better than I did - if a bit stronger than I would go with.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Amnistar posted:

I could go either in or out of combat but I'd prefer out of combat. I will be working on improving herbs tonight.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

King Burgundy posted:

This is a stretch. Among other things, I expect you know that it actually takes way more time to properly case then it does to just post off the cuff when you have the time for it. The question I have to ask myself is if you are deliberately doing it as scum, or just not actually thinking things through as town. I know you are fully capable of the latter from our last game.

You don't even need to properly case. You could always go "I'm susp of ___," and say you will case it when I have free time. Hell, maybe go "can someone take a look at ____'s post history? Don't have time for details right now, but it smells." Many people here haven't done full cases, but can still give some reads. No matter what, just kind of sitting there is a bad look. Thanks for finally giving some reads, but the fact that it felt like we had to force you to do it, and it is basically just agreeing with my reads doesn't sit well with me.

King Burgundy posted:

Like, I dig the effort you've now put in to make up for your disappearance, regardless of alignment. And it does remind me more of your town self. But you seem to be seeing half the thread as scum at this point, which seems kind of odd. Like you ended up putting some of those in Null, but that doesn't even match what you put in your little blurbs about people. Examples:

That's part of the reason I went with the Lumpen list at the end. I can type up all that I find scummy about them, and while doing it I feel more certain about their scumminess, but when coming back for a full picture, things change. Like, there are some things about Keane's and Bif's play that I don't like, but stepping back, it isn't really on the same level as Ali, Mona, or Amni.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

ah Mega, this is why you are my new mafia soul brother, you even like working through Lumpenlists just to organise your thoughts too :dance:

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Bifauxnen posted:

ah Mega, this is why you are my new mafia soul brother, you even like working through Lumpenlists just to organise your thoughts too :dance:

Yeah. I hope you aren't scum this time. :(

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Sigh. I probably should move my vote off Amni since there are scummier candidates out there with more votes to boot.

##vote Iron Chef

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

MegaZeroX posted:

Yeah. I hope you aren't scum this time. :(

I'm not but if I get left alive to leave you still freaking out about it, that'll be nice too!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

MegaZeroX posted:

You don't even need to properly case. You could always go "I'm susp of ___," and say you will case it when I have free time. Hell, maybe go "can someone take a look at ____'s post history? Don't have time for details right now, but it smells." Many people here haven't done full cases, but can still give some reads. No matter what, just kind of sitting there is a bad look. Thanks for finally giving some reads, but the fact that it felt like we had to force you to do it, and it is basically just agreeing with my reads doesn't sit well with me.

This is actually pure falsehood, so feeling extra good on my vote. I had a read and vote on the table on you, and had mentioned my suspicion of Bif to her directly. Honestly, for day 1, I'm feeling pretty good about where I'm at activity wise vs my ability to play. On top of that, when you call half the thread scummy, saying it is suspicious that I find some of those people also scummy? Dude. I hope other people can see this too. Wow.

MegaZeroX posted:

That's part of the reason I went with the Lumpen list at the end. I can type up all that I find scummy about them, and while doing it I feel more certain about their scumminess, but when coming back for a full picture, things change. Like, there are some things about Keane's and Bif's play that I don't like, but stepping back, it isn't really on the same level as Ali, Mona, or Amni.

This is reasonable though.

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!

MegaZeroX posted:

Iron Chef - They look really bad. No reads at all, just mechanics chat. I haven't played with them before, but the votefinder history seems to indicate they are a vet so they shouldn't be posting this bad.

haha a vet

I can't get reads on D1 for poo poo because there's nothing to base anything on for me, and most cases that I'm reading seem to be based on "so-and-so acted this way in Mafia XXVII as town" and I don't have any context to agree or disagree. There are mechanics, I can talk about and debate those all day. I can't argue about other people's previous Mafia experience.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Amnistar posted:

If you are feeling overwhelmed:
1.) Ignore combat until tonight. It only matters if you get picked.
2.) Submit a build action. If you dont know what for do soothseer or whichever is highest. Pick whichever of the 2 options sounds cooler.
3.) Hunt scum like a normal game.

Also feeling overwhelmed but this is good advice. Please excuse my light posting as I have a sick fam right now and making strong cases feels demanding. Catching up now...

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Monathin posted:

Since it's been brought up and I think it's worth discussing. Do ypu think there are scum hiding in mechanics chat, Alli? If so, who are the ones you would suspect?

I’m worried about this mechanics chat too, but you’ve mentioned it a few times at this point and it’s starting to feel like you’re hiding behind it

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Bifauxnen posted:

hm, not sure if I wanna totally drop Hunt yet, but let's help this along

##vote Mega

I can see this possibly being Mega's town tone that other people read as scummy, but I can't really judge that until he gets into full effortpost mode, and that has not happened yet

I’ve misread Mega a few times for this exact reason and so while I agree with your read I’m also a bit gun shy because of my misreads of them in the past. I get the feeling Mega’s posting style just tends to ping folks

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

SolusLunes posted:

if we're going by vibes votes your vibe is extremely bad with this vote

give me a reason why, steak, you've already been coasting as hard as possible today

100% agree with this... although I have a tendency to think Steak is scum too...

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

my Mega read has since been updated to tentatively town.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

MegaZeroX posted:

Man, I don't like how Ruggan has only 5 posts that aren't jokes:

• 2 of them are just swooping into defend me
  • 2 of them emphasizing how they REALLY REALLY want to go into combat
  • 1 question on how to submit build actions.

Like, this is atypical for Ruggan in my experience, and its super weird how instead of making cases and reads he just goes and defends me. It feels too much like scum trying to earn brownie points when I flip town.

Yea it is atypical, see aforementioned sick fam.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

b-minus1 posted:

If you have a scumread that isn't an OMGUS, I think we'd all like to hear it

Amnistar posted:

I went Tinkering, like I said before. Fire Shot specifically.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##vote binus

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
My work schedule has changed and now deadline is at a weird time for me. We will stick with it for sure for D1, but going forward I’ve got a few options.

1)Deadlines remain at 8pm PST. Flips will be a bit delayed until I get a second at work, and the precombat battle line up will be ugly phone text until I get home that night. This is what we will be doing for D1.

2) Future deadlines are moved to 4:30pm pst. This will let me post the flip and move to precombat before work. This may be too early for many of you.

3)Future deadlines are later, somewhere between midnight and 2am pst. I get home around 2:30 or 3 and this would let me do flips fairly quickly.

Weigh in if you have a preference. I would prefer 1 or 2 myself but 3 is fine if that works better for a lot of you.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
4:30 pst is perfect

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!
Either is fine. I'm a baker; my schedule is pretty hosed too.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Mr. Steak posted:

4:30 pst is perfect

agreed, 7:30 est is right around dinner for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I am abstaining from any opinion on the deadline, being a major outlier and all :v: