Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Teenage Fansub posted:

Weird they uploaded it in 1440P. It seems to be for the higher bitrate rather than resolution, which I appreciate. Trailers shouldn't come out with the compression artifacts that 1080 gives them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgNlWypWmtw

"They're targeting cops" oh, so now Jigsaw is a hero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MzbLQBeR9Y

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
It looks like they're dropping all or most of book 2 and moving on to the third one. A lot cheaper may be a reason.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcPk2p0Zaw4

Warning: we may be reaching critical Wes Anderson levels with this one.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Feb 12, 2020

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I love it

especially this secondary cast list

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

I love Wes Anderson, but I'm starting to think somebody needs to stop Wes Anderson before it's too late

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I'm about 50/50 on Wes Anderson. I love love love Royal Tenenbaums and Moonrise Kingdom, but couldn't stand Life Aquatic or Darjeeling Limited. I couldn't even tell you the reason for the split, I really couldn't. Just a visceral love or hatred. So I'll see this, but be wary at the same time.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Yes get this good poo poo right into my veins.

thrawn527 posted:

I'm about 50/50 on Wes Anderson.

So you are symmetrically split in the middle?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Is The Grand Budapest Hotel the tiebreaker?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Is The Grand Budapest Hotel the tiebreaker?

I didn't mention that one, because I only thought it was okay. Wonderfully shot, but kinda boring.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Darjeeling, Life Aquatic, and Royal T are my favorites of his oeuvre

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
If you've seen one, you've seen em all

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

thrawn527 posted:

I didn't mention that one, because I only thought it was okay. Wonderfully shot, but kinda boring.

It was terribly shot, it didn’t even occupy the full length of the screen!

4DX release of The French Dispatch please

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Let me take one moment here, as someone who has been to Liberty, Kansas, to chuckle.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The only forgettable one for me was Darjeeling but maybe I need to go back. I am utterly convinced he's perfect. Life Aquatic hit me so goddamn hard - it's a part of me. I identify with everything in that movie. It defined my 20's. Same with Royal Tenenbaums. Just... it's a part of me. So important.

This looks fantastic but wow -- so much Wes Anderson'isms.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Mierenneuker posted:

It was terribly shot, it didn’t even occupy the full length of the screen!

4DX release of The French Dispatch please

I'm guessing projectors these days use some sort of automated system to work out the aspect ratio, and it completely broke when I saw Grand Budapest. After about 5 or 6 AR switches it just go locked in an AR that stretched everything out from that point on. Not to a huge amount, but an amount that was noticable and annoying.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
Grand Budapest is my favorite Anderson film because the themes justify his over-the-top directoral style. The ornate sets, colors, casting, etc are used to show a beautiful world that's worth preserving, for possibly no reason besides that it is beautiful. And then we see how it's all torn down by war and time. The visual style actually serves a thematic purpose!!

I like his visual style but sometimes his films feel like a piece of cake with wayyy too much frosting. it's really hard to tell from the trailer whether "the Wes Anderson style" will add to the movie or distract from the movie.

Regardless, I'll see this poo poo in theaters because his stuff is jaw-dropping on the big screen.

Polo-Rican fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Feb 12, 2020

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

That's a very white cast, huh.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Holy poo poo, you could have told me this was a parody video and I would've bought it. I can't wait.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKyj50j-cIg

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

This looks worse than Dungeons and Dragons.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

THE IRON MASK Official Trailer (2020) Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jackie Chan Movie HD

incredible

edit: oh my god this looks — and even sounds — so cheap. they've applied this reverb to the dialogue in the castle scenes and you can barely even hear what they're saying

Polo-Rican fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Feb 12, 2020

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

The sequel to Around the World in 80 Days no one wanted. I bet that Arnold is in the movie for a total 4 minutes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Wasn't that one supposed to come out a while ago?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I was not expecting the dragon but in hindsight I absolutely should have expected the dragon.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

muscles like this! posted:

Wasn't that one supposed to come out a while ago?

I knew I had seen it years ago but couldn't find it at first because they changed the name. IMDb says the full title is Journey to China: The Mystery of Iron Mask, it came out last August in China. And all of the non-Chinese notable actors are just supporting roles throughout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt-ifhj7D64
from December '17

Ror fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Feb 12, 2020

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It definitely looks like the trailer is showing pretty much all of Jackie Chan and Arnold's part of the movie.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Please edit the relevant clips from that into Last Action Hero, tia

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I'm in, though I wish he wasn't keeping up the aspect ratio switching.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

This might be the worst trailer I've ever seen.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

McSpanky posted:

Please edit the relevant clips from that into Last Action Hero, tia

The Hamlet in Last Action Hero looked a million times better.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Vincent posted:

That's a very white cast, huh.

I dunno it seems more diverse than most of his casts

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I wonder who created that. The lack of a billing block is very telling. The mix is abysmal and no A/V vendor I know of would have two different location cards pop up in the first twenty seconds of a loving trailer

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

kiimo posted:

I wonder who created that. The lack of a billing block is very telling. The mix is abysmal and no A/V vendor I know of would have two different location cards pop up in the first twenty seconds of a loving trailer

Editorial

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Or the director himself

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Check out the dupe frames at the end of the shot where they guy's kicked 4 secs in. Doubt that's intentional.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CJ5p4XisHs

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Looks okay but Anthony Mackie is so boring. I wish they had just let Will Yun Lee play Kovacs.

Ego-bot posted:

It looks like they're dropping all or most of book 2 and moving on to the third one. A lot cheaper may be a reason.

Money for sure, and the fact that the second book is basically the Expanse-lite. I wonder where they go if we get a season 3.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 5 days!)

COOL CORN posted:

If you've seen one, you've seen em all

agreed, idk why people are so hype for Fast and Furious 9 either :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

This is directed by the guy that made The Raid, so there might be something here.
EDIT: well half of it is.