Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I was all :stonk: for a moment before I realized that the domain name says fanon there. Jesus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Original Character Do Not Steal

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

None of the Weskers are blood-relations, it's more of an adopted (forced) name through some project or whatever the gently caress Spencer was waffling about before Albert shut him up for good.

Vikar Jerome posted:

went looking for old renders of alex wesker and i .. uhh went down some kind of rabbit hole?

https://residentevilfanon.fandom.com/wiki/Eve_Wesker

what the gently caress

edit: lmao this poo poo keeps going. "roughneck redfield" i am having a brain aneurysm.
Holy ol' Jesus...

Cardiovorax posted:

I was all :stonk: for a moment before I realized that the domain name says fanon there. Jesus.
Even by fanon "standards" this is some exceptionally low-effort trash. Clones! loving hell! This is worse than that Anderson crap!

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
That page leaves out the important questions, like how often has Wesker had to sleep on the couch after he accidentally called her “Chris” in bed.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Gnome de plume posted:

Original Character Do Not Steal

Original Character: Donut Steel

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Wait since when was Rev 2 not canon?

Edit: never mind I think I read some stuff wrong

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Vikar Jerome posted:

i mean this is before and not canon or anything but alex isnt that dead. she lives on, through natalia! that after credit bit at the burton house said as much. shes a ticking time bomb, ripe for a re8/9 i think, since that credit scene is, what 2013?
Correct. The final scene of Revelations 2 at the Burton home occurs on the same day as the China section of RE6 begins, with Claire having just learned from Piers that Chris is alive and okay following his disappearance the previous year.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
I haven't played 6 or Rev 2 - you mean Chris goes AWOL on poor Claire again? I hope she kicks the poo poo out of him at their next catch-up.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Chris is obviously following possibly leads for people that can continue the Redfield bloodline

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

DeadButDelicious posted:

I haven't played 6 or Rev 2 - you mean Chris goes AWOL on poor Claire again? I hope she kicks the poo poo out of him at their next catch-up.

Chris disappears right before 6 because of PTSD induced amnesia, so that's a pretty good excuse. The PTSD is also the magic Resident Evil kind that allows Chris to pull a shotgun out of a flashback and manifest it in the present.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Crowetron posted:

The PTSD is also the magic Resident Evil kind that allows Chris to pull a shotgun out of a flashback and manifest it in the present.
I don't remember that bit!

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Yeah, there's that flashback chapter in Chris' campaign. You can get the Assault Shotgun there, which then follows you back into the not-flashback chapters.

But hey, if people let Sekiro get away with that kind of thing...

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Cardiovorax posted:

Yeah, there's that flashback chapter in Chris' campaign. You can get the Assault Shotgun there, which then follows you back into the not-flashback chapters.

In Sekiro though, the fact that you can bring physical objects with you from memories is an actual plot point. Sekiro needs a plot critical object from the past to complete his quest and the only way to do that is to travel to the memory where that item still existed.

Blessings of the Buddha are convoluted.

WaltherFeng fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Feb 13, 2020

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

That doesn't mean the time loop you're shown actually makes sense.

Anyway, it was just a joke. The whole thing is a pretty dumb and hilarious continuity error.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Cardiovorax posted:

Chris: drat, the door is locked...
Jill: Hey, remember that time when you had a full chess set of keys?
Chris: Now that you mention it, I DO remember that...

*unlocks door*

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Cardiovorax posted:

Ohhh, poo poo. Yeah that was some dumb stuff.

The fact I forgot about it shows how much I cared about that campaign though.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
Everyone in the REverse ages in real time, right? How old are they now? The main gang's all gotta be in their late 40's by now. That's not exactly old but there's only so much BOW rear end kicking a person can do...

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Barry is 60, Chris is 47, Jill and Ada are 46, Leon is 43, Claire is 41, and Sherry is 34.

Now to be fair like half the people on this list have been infected with transhuman biological nonsense at one point or another, so at least SOME of them have an excuse for being spry at their ages.....but yeah they are all getting up there.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
A steady diet of green herbs will maintain your health, looks and sexual performance even into your second century!

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

Everyone in the REverse ages in real time, right? How old are they now? The main gang's all gotta be in their late 40's by now. That's not exactly old but there's only so much BOW rear end kicking a person can do...
Pretty much, yeah. Chris Redfield is 47 years old as of sometime in 2020. His exact birth date isn't known.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
You know what if Keanu Reeves and Tom Cruise can do their ridiculous rear end poo poo at 56 then the REcrew can keep going without comment for all I care. It would be really funny if their ages just continue to never get brought up.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

They should all be compared to Wilford Brimley, who was 49 during Cocoon.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Are these there ages as in like, in the year 2020 that's how hold they are? Or as in like those are their ages when Resident Evil 6 happens (2013?)? I forgot how many games they've done that are set years ago now when many series jump into the future instead.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I cannot believe RE6 came out in 2012. It feels like it was much closer than that.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Panzeh posted:

outbreak has some bad scenarios and is insanely unforgiving but yeah it can be fun at times

you just have to get used to the fact that sometimes the game is gonna make you tackle open a door in front of respawning zombies, this is much worse in file 2 where they have multiple levels where you have to do this

I had liked Outbreak, but the moment I fell in love with Outbreak is when I got to the last scenario with a full team and the David (IIRC) threw a wrench which bounced off of the Tyrant's ample hog, and then was immediately skewered

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Mr. Maggy posted:

I had liked Outbreak, but the moment I fell in love with Outbreak is when I got to the last scenario with a full team and the David (IIRC) threw a wrench which bounced off of the Tyrant's ample hog, and then was immediately skewered

David's wrenches are really good in file 1, just not against non-zombie enemies. I can see how somebody would think to try it on the Tyrant. I like the way he underhands the wrenches but it somehow knocks people down anyway.

In file 2 david's wrenches only stagger instead of knocking down zombies in one hit.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Mulva posted:

Barry is 60, Chris is 47, Jill and Ada are 46, Leon is 43, Claire is 41, and Sherry is 34.

Now to be fair like half the people on this list have been infected with transhuman biological nonsense at one point or another, so at least SOME of them have an excuse for being spry at their ages.....but yeah they are all getting up there.
Humans in the RE universe peak early, and just stay at that peak into their 60's.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

They all look younger because they rarely see daylight.

Jill's the master of sun-blocking.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Neo Rasa posted:

Are these there ages as in like, in the year 2020 that's how hold they are? Or as in like those are their ages when Resident Evil 6 happens (2013?)? I forgot how many games they've done that are set years ago now when many series jump into the future instead.

Chris was 25 in the original RE, which is set in July of 1998. In RE5, which is set in March of 2008, he's 35. Thus, he's 31 in RE:R (2004), 40 in RE6 (2013) and 44 in RE7 (2017).

He's probably overdue for retirement, but I have to figure that one of the things driving the reboots is the developers' desire to keep hold of the original cast for as long as they can.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Jill's the master of sun-blocking.

:eyepop:

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I stumbled across a translation for the Biohazard 2 Official Guide Book, which has a Q&A with Hideki Kamiya at the back. His description of what Leon was doing immediately before arriving at Racoon City is fantastic and canon:

quote:

Q6. Why was Leon wearing the Raccoon police uniform before he arrived at his post?

A6. I'll tell you about Leon before he came to Raccoon City...
Recently bizarre incidents have been occurring in Raccoon, a country town unfamiliar with such bizarre cases; Leon graduated from the police academy and with his strong sense of justice, he was very interested in them and immediately decided to be assigned to the Raccoon Police Department.
Needless to say, he was to be assigned to such service starting from the morning that day, but when he was leaving the place where he had lived until then, he broke up with his girlfriend and a great uproar happened from the separation, so his move became overdue (they seem to have finally separated in the end...).
Eventually, while his new address had yet to be decided, Leon drove to Raccoon City all through the night the day before he was to assume his post. However, along the way at a motel, Leon was rowdy and began drinking. He got helplessly drunk and by the time he woke up it was already the early afternoon! (He seems irresponsible, but you could say what disturbs his mind is Leon's faithfulness to women)
Leon panicked, ran out and also attempted to communicate with the Raccoon Police Department several times along the way, but there was no response.
"At this rate I'll reach Raccoon in the middle of the night... Oh well, if I'm late, it'll be the same night and day till I'm there."
Leon drove his car over the rhythm in tune with his favorite music playing from the car stereo. The highway extended straight ahead eerily rising in the setting sun's illumination, and the crimson Arklay Mountains towered...
...Basically he changed into the uniform he was supplied in the motel.

Leon survived the outbreak because he broke up with his girlfriend, got blackout drunk in a motel and slept through his first day.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
So there was no warmup period. Leon was an 80's action hero from day one.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Leon is one of those characters who just keep getting better the more you learn about them. :allears:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I cannot imagine Remake Leon getting blackout drunk.

Though Remake Leon actually has the throwaway 'I got a call telling me to stay away, but then decided gently caress it' and also showed up in his civvies.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Night10194 posted:

I cannot imagine Remake Leon getting blackout drunk.

Though Remake Leon actually has the throwaway 'I got a call telling me to stay away, but then decided gently caress it' and also showed up in his civvies.

Remake Leon is far too casual about blowing up a giant alligator to not be at least somewhat experienced with getting blackout drunk

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I can totally imagine Remake Leon having his first real bad breakup, buying a six-pack of beer for the first time, and getting so smashed on it that he sleeps through then entire following day. He has that babyface quality to him.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Certainly explains why he's such a dweeb around Ada.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

One other detail I previously wasn't aware of: Robert Kendo is Barry's BFF and they regularly go on fishing trips together.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Party Boat posted:

One other detail I previously wasn't aware of: Robert Kendo is Barry's BFF and they regularly go on fishing trips together.
I didn't know about the fishing trips :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

I didn't know about the fishing trips :v:
For other dads, fishing trip is code for drinking beers with their buddy near a lake, for Barry and Bob it's shooting fish with high-powered revolvers.