Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Danaru posted:

I'm the guy who defends cinemasins' honour unprompted, then goes "wOW YOU GUYS ARE SO MAD AND OBSESSED WITH CINEMASINS JEEZ CALM DOWN" when people respond to me

side note to this, but why is every argument on SA a race to decide who's actually mad, and why is whoever has the Wrong Opinion always the one declared actually-mad regardless of how they're acting

dude didn't exactly have a meltdown, dude prompted a bunch of meltdowns apropos of basically loving nothing because he said he likes a bad youtube channel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I know this is the internet, where if you dislike something you have to be SUPER RRAAARGH ANGRY or whatever, but the damnedest thing is that I don't even like CinemaSins and haven't for years since their videos started approaching 40 minutes long a piece. I just find the idea that someone cares enough to make a response video about it (and other people make response videos to the original response video) to be funny.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I know this is the internet, where if you dislike something you have to be SUPER RRAAARGH ANGRY or whatever, but the damnedest thing is that I don't even like CinemaSins and haven't for years since their videos started approaching 40 minutes long a piece. I just find the idea that someone cares enough to make a response video about it (and other people make response videos to the original response video) to be funny.

Cinema Cins turned into an actual cultural phenomenon and is considered to be actual legit film crit by a fairly large number of people, so pushback against it is normal and healthy? When something is part of pop culture, critiquing it is a valid thing? It's 2020, this idea of "lol its just a stupid video no one cares" is incredibly ignorant considering the context of how the internet constantly affects daily life.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

settle down vincent

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Love me some paragraphs

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Okay, okay, I'll accept this burden. I will be the one who is Truly Mad Online.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Absurd Alhazred posted:

:patriot:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Absurd Alhazred posted:

you're only allowed to be mad about books.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Absurd Alhazred posted:

The Mad Arab Gets The Internet!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

side note to this, but why is every argument on SA a race to decide who's actually mad, and why is whoever has the Wrong Opinion always the one declared actually-mad regardless of how they're acting

Honestly? I blame the culture that implies decorum is superior to all things. One can be very emotional and very coherent, sincere and convincing.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

is cinemasins a goon saga because who cares

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I watched part of a single episode of cinema sins once. He listed a prop being made from some repurposed item as a sin as if it wasn't filmmaking 101 to use whatever you can get a hold of to make a set.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rodbeard posted:

I watched part of a single episode of cinema sins once. He listed a prop being made from some repurposed item as a sin as if it wasn't filmmaking 101 to use whatever you can get a hold of to make a set.

He lists it as a sin if a woman is doing anything that isn't making his dick hard.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Samovar posted:

Honestly? I blame the culture that implies decorum is superior to all things. One can be very emotional and very coherent, sincere and convincing.

SA seems to have invented a bizarro version of that whole paradigm where, rather than being angry automatically making you wrong, being wrong automatically means you're angry

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

calm down

magikid
Nov 4, 2006
Wielder of the Soup Spoon

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

SA seems to have invented a bizarro version of that whole paradigm where, rather than being angry automatically making you wrong, being wrong automatically means you're angry

When I was a small kid, I once got this picture search book kind of like Where's Waldo. I was looking through it with some others, and we couldn't find a sword from the list of stuff to find. Eventually someone noticed a skeleton holding a small knife or something and figured that was it, so we circled it and called it a day. A little while later I found the actual sword myself, but the knife was circled in pen and I couldn't remove it. So I thought "Ha! I tricked them!" like they had all fallen into my cunning plan to make fools of themselves, and tried to pretend I wasn't upset about the mistake.

That's exactly what the guy with the ban video did, as an adult, and it's only funny because he's obviously so drat angry about it.

Edit: Oh, this was about Cinemasins and I think I missed the point. It's funny when people are angry about insignificant things, and sometimes we project that anger to have a laugh, the end.

magikid fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Feb 13, 2020

hallelujah
Jan 26, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i'm angry enough to KILL

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I'm so hangry, I could murder a horse.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

hallelujah posted:

i'm angry enough to KILL

Kindness
Inflicted
Lovingly
Lethal

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Heh, I can’t imagine being such a loser that you are concerned about things that happened on a defunct Internet forum 15 years ago

hallelujah
Jan 26, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Daikloktos posted:

My sister and I traded off every Christmas who got to hang our set of ceramic Snow White Dwarfs, and as consolation they had to put the morning socks on the other's feet. I hope I'm lucid enough to feel nostalgic when I'm changing-old

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Inevitably, a contingent of people formed around CinemaSins that just took plot hole=bad movie to a dumb extreme. Except on top of everything, CinemaSins will miss things, be wrong, or ding for stuff that's setting up things later with worthwhile payoff, so the stuff they ding for being sinful plot holes or whatever aren't actually that and the movie is far better constructed than their one watch-through of it while drinking really conveys to their audience. The videos are also kind of rushed now and the counter can start going pretty wild.

It probably wouldn't be nearly as big of a deal in the grand scheme, but media criticism, especially on Youtube has mostly devolved into mindless nitpicking (thanks to things like CinemaSins and all those people who missed the original points of the Red Letter Media Star Wars videos) that doesn't engage with the movie/tv show/whatever beyond surface level observations and groups of fans gather around to cheer about how they outsmarted that piece of media.

Shaun has like 4(!!) videos where he goes through CinemaSins videos, and you can watch one or like half of one if you want an idea:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ti3chBx2Pc

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Lowtax was drunkposting at 2am asking for people to blast him.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3914348&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#pti5

The thread has 6 posts as of now. Half of them are Lowtax.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Famethrowa posted:

is cinemasins a goon saga because who cares

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The true goon saga was the reactions we made to cinemasins along the way :shobon:

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

bradzilla posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3914348&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#pti5

Thread’s had a Goatse up for a while now...

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

some folks are really mad about cinemasins. Picture this; sometimes you just enjoy the person's sense of humor as well as the movie that is getting riffed.

Captain Hygiene posted:

The true goon saga was the reactions we made to cinemasins along the way :shobon:

e: i suck at words; I mean, I both enjoy the movie and what the riff video.

Professor of Cats fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Feb 13, 2020

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Professor of Cats posted:

some folks are really mad about cinemasins. Picture this; sometimes you just enjoy the person's sense of humor as well as the movie that is getting riffed.

e: i suck at words; I mean, I both enjoy the movie and what the riff video.

Explains why you like Cinema Sins.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Paladinus posted:

Explains why you like Cinema Sins.

why i outta; im gonna turn this whole goddamned place into a saga!!!!!!!!!!

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )

quidditch it and quit it posted:

I was reading that thread on public transport and some private school girls were standing behind me.

Congrats on your first goatse girls

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

quidditch it and quit it posted:

:patriot:

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Well that was my first goatse of the decade. Ain't gonna be the last!

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Freudian posted:

Well that was my first goatse of the decade. Ain't gonna be the last!

It's like seeing an old friend.

Also did you know that goatse man was ZDR's dog

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

It's like seeing an old friend.

You know, I've never really noticed before how clean it is up in there.

Good work on the anal hygiene, Kirk. You're an inspiration to us all, decades later.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

bradzilla posted:

I accidentally Goatse'd my girlfriend after pressing this, I had to explain what it was after she saw it. I probably went overkill and mentioned the affiliation to Dolphin Sex website. drat, I forgot to mention about the urinal poop affiliation too. Why do I remember all of this?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Just lol if you don't have goatse saved in your phone

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

IMO he forgot he made that thread

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Len posted:

Just lol if you don't have goatse saved in your phone

I do now

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

My fiancee thought it was so funny to text me laffy Taffy jokes and then I sent her that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Len posted:

My fiancee thought it was so funny to text me laffy Taffy jokes and then I sent her that

:bisonyes: