Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

If you gently caress this up royally and everyone votes to kill you, Sou reveals that he didn't have a neck bomb all along, doesn't he? Because that is exactly the type of reveal I would expect at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Sou is, like, 1000% the sacrifice, and he's gonna pick Sara.

differentiating
Mar 30, 2019

Sou is a total rear end. Though it is hilarious that he legitimately thinks people should side with him (who's been shady all game) over Sara (who's been helpful all game). Sounds like someone doesn't have many friends or understand how people work in general.

That being said, I'm guessing the 5 people nominated for possible death will be Sara, Joe, Kai, Sou, and Nao, since they're the 5 who've been questioned most recently and people are probably not going to be sure which faction to trust. I doubt Sou will die after being established as the clear villain, but it'll be interesting to see how he talks himself out of this one - unless he just skates by on virtue of claiming Keymaster.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

differentiating posted:

Sou is a total rear end. Though it is hilarious that he legitimately thinks people should side with him (who's been shady all game) over Sara (who's been helpful all game). Sounds like someone doesn't have many friends or understand how people work in general.

That being said, I'm guessing the 5 people nominated for possible death will be Sara, Joe, Kai, Sou, and Nao, since they're the 5 who've been questioned most recently and people are probably not going to be sure which faction to trust. I doubt Sou will die after being established as the clear villain, but it'll be interesting to see how he talks himself out of this one - unless he just skates by on virtue of claiming Keymaster.

I'm hoping he accidentally talks himself into being the one EVERYONE votes for :munch:.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm hoping he accidentally talks himself into being the one EVERYONE votes for :munch:.

And then he would activate his sacrifice card, because of course he'll be one.

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

Loving the LP so far! You're doing a wonderful job with all of it.

Also, I know it's not exactly a fresh game at this point, but I'd ask people to consider carefully what they say about DR3 at this point, since I don't believe there is a complete LP of it right now? I personally have not gone all the way through the game. (Nobody's actually spoiled anything from it yet, as far as I know, but it keeps coming up in conversation so I just thought i'd urge caution when it comes to that kind of stuff.)

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Thanks for the further translation info, and wow, now this has gotten good. Exploring the murder house was kind of a gong show so I wasn't expecting this to turn into 12 Angry Men on drugs.

E: I guess we're all in agreement that Sou is a turd but his Kai/Sara hate campaign is working because it has some basis in fact. I would also think he was mostly truthful about the contents of the e-mails, especially the bit about how Kai said Sara was eager for the game, obviously itself not true, but in line with how stalkers can project extreme desires onto objects of their attraction (and Keiji said he seemed pretty hosed up). Being obsessed with/determined to protect Sara would also explain his urgency to recover the laptop before his ramblings hurt her, and if we take his complicity in the game to extremes, he could possibly have led Sara to find the keymaster card on purpose. That would also explain someone in the thread's observation that Kai objected to Sou's self-declaration too fast.

Either way it's all word-against-word right now, but like how they talked out the truth-ish behind the Mishima vote, I'm sure all the words will eventually get to a crystal-clear read. :munch:

tomanton fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Feb 13, 2020

placid saviour
Apr 6, 2009
I doubt Sou is the sacrifice. It would've been a couterproductive move to assert being the keymaster, then.

Wasn't either Kai or Keiiji the one that instantly doubted Sou when he said he was the keymaster? Must be the sage.

yamiaainferno
Jun 30, 2013

placid saviour posted:

I doubt Sou is the sacrifice. It would've been a counterproductive move to assert being the keymaster, then.
Not necessarily. He could have been hoping that the real keymaster and sage would have spoken up and argued with him, instantly narrowing the suspect pool to a very small number that included him. It's like claiming a role you think someone else has as Tanner in Werewolf.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Just imagine if actually saying what your card said your role was, was enough to trigger the "Don't reveal the existence of this card or you die" clause.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Sou is a complete monster holy poo poo, and he's 100% with the kidnappers considering Miley's conveniently timed interruption.

We can't see it, but Miley said earlier that those hourglasses in the background were showing how much time was left for discussion, therefore Sou doesn't need to be with the kidnappers to time anything.

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

Really happy to hear people are enjoying the LP. :)

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

• Kai may be a stalker, but Sou is the immediate threat.

Fear... is welling up inside me...

“Heehee... What do you think of the results?”

“Five will proceed to the final vote.”

"Kanna Kizuchi.”

“Kai Satou.”

“Jou Tazuna.”

“Sou Hiyori.”

“Sara Chidouin.”

“.............”

One of us five will, with certainty...

“...I... I'm the Keymaster...”

“I'm the Keymaster...! Please believe me...”

“...Sara...”

Why did that come out now? I want to survive... I still... want to live...

“Y-You're kidding?! Me too?! Woohoo!!”

“Dumbasses!! It's the next part that's seriously bad!!”

“Our votes... will decide our fates.”

“D-Do we... have to choose...?”

“Big sis Sara...”

(...Why me...?)

(I've tried... so hard... And not just for myself...)

(It was... so everyone could escape... So why...)

Music stops.

(…!!)

“...Erm, I mean. Hey now, Sara. Your friendly policeman's with ya.”

(...Keiji...!)

“Listen, everybody. We need to narrow it down to just one person.”

“Y-Yes, indeed! We're far from safe at all, absolutely!!”

“Oh! Hey, is one of us a Sage?!”

“If we've got a Sage on our side, they'll know who's the Keymaster...!”

“Don't tell me... There isn't meow...?!”

“This's the worst...!! So it's one of the five?!”

“Nothing to be done... There's only one course of action.”

“Have the five prove it with words. ...Isn't that right, Sara?”

Music stops.

“Exactly.”

“I'll prove to you who the real Keymaster is!!”

“...Good.”

Miley quietly sat in the chair again.

The final battle begins...!

Extract statement from Keiji.

Music stops.

“Okie-dokie. If anyone wants to confess the role on their card, let's go in order.”

“I have... nothing to say...”

“K-Kanna...”

“I have little to say myself. You are free to imagine what you wish.”

“Sheesh, okay. I'm the Keymaster. I'm the one who's been saying it from the start.”

“Honestly? This beanie sack of poo poo can't be trusted! Makes my blood run cold!”

“Hmph... I'll believe in Sou. And whoever tries to protect him is the Sage... That's where we ought to aim.”

“Why aim for the Sage, woof?”

“The Sage can divine, but if they're outed, it's over. Like “oh, if that's the Sage, I can vote for 'em!””

“So the Sage can't confess? Meaww...”

“Also... the Sacrifice gets to vote twice, right...? Is the Sacrifice someone who received two votes...?”

“This is hard, meow... Don't want a massacre, woof...”

“Joe, you're not talking... What's your role?”

“H-Huh...? Who cares...”

“Okay then... And Sara, you're the Keymaster?”

“Yes...!”

“Okay, that's all our statements. Let's give this some real focus, everybody.”

Extract statement from Reko.

“Honestly? This beanie sack of poo poo can't be trusted! Makes my blood run cold!”

“I gotta go with my heart more than my reason.”

“And that beanie guy is bad news! Can't ask him 'bout poo poo!”

Extract statement from Nao.

“Also... the Sacrifice gets to vote twice, right...? Is the Sacrifice someone who received two votes...?”

"I thought we could exclude anyone with 1 vote or less from being the Sacrifice, but..."

“Everyone had 2 or more votes... oogh...”

Extract statement from Kai.

“I have little to say myself. You are free to imagine what you wish.”

“I have zero trust after the incident with Sou, so anything I say...”

“Do you admit you're with the kidnappers?”

“If I denied it, would you believe me?”

“...I'll check anyway. Do you deny it?”

“Hrm... What meaning could this have...?”

Extract second statement from Kai.

“Am I on the side of the kidnappers...? The answer... is yet hidden in darkness."

“Confirming it is simply impossible, surely.”

Extract statement from Gin.

“This is hard, meow... Don't want a massacre, woof...”

“Massacre... has a bad sound to it, woof...”

“D-Didn't you say that word first, Gin?”

“N-No, woof! My parents would get mad if they heard me use a word like that, meow!”

“Then who told it to you...?”

“? I don't get it, but okay, woof.”

Extract statement from Alice.

“Hmph... I'll believe in Sou. And whoever tries to protect him is the Sage... That's where we ought to aim.”

“When I think of those allying with Sou...”

“Well, no more worry of being picked. What a show, mwahaha...”

(So despicable...)

Extract statement from Sou.

“Sheesh, okay. I'm the Keymaster. I'm the one who's been saying it from the start.”

“Ahaha. You've got scary eyes, Sara.”

(Now might not be the time to bother with him...)

Extract statement from Q-taro.

“The Sage's the easiest one for us to vote for. If they can divine, you can identify 'em right away!”

“So then it's a mystery why Kanna wouldn't call herself the Sage...!”

Extract statement from Kanna.

“I have... nothing to say...”

“...There's... nothing to speak about...”

“Please, Kanna! Anything! Give me information...”

“.................”

“...I'm sorry...”

(Urgh....! We don't have time!)

• Keiji just reminds Sara of the different roles.

Extract statement from Joe.

“My role...? Who cares...”

“Don't give me that look, Sara...”

“Why don't you want to say?”

“Me saying something now is just suspicious, right?”

“...That's why I ain't gonna say.”

“Joe, add what you just said.”

“H-Huh? I'm just saying the same thing...”

(No, you said something slightly different...)

Conflict Gin against Joe.

Music stops.

“Gin... could you tell me that again?”

“Err... Before the preliminary vote, big bro Joe said “if you pick Sara, it'll be a massacre,” woof.”

“Joe, what did you say about your role?”

“Huh? Well, I said I wouldn't say it.”

“...............”

A role you won't say... It's like that, is it?”

(Should I... be saying this out loud?)

(Are the Keymaster or the Sacrifice being picked. And... there's only one role who can identify the Keymaster, one of those two.)

(Yes... A role that shouldn't be exposed...)

(Will I... expose it myself...?)

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

The music in this game is really unreasonably good for a free game. Gate of Hell makes my fingertips freeze every time I hear it. ...Maybe that's just because I hear it at the most awful moments of this game, though.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Dear God don't out Joe. Even if it is a bad end, it is one I'd rather see first. Not that it is a goon vote anyway.

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

On my honor as the Dawnspear.
Aw no. I really hope we don’t need to out Joe, since that’d just be instant death for him.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Oof, that's a hell of a gut punch. Throw your best friend to the wolves, or risk the wolves eating you. The sad part is, I think you would have to throw him to the wolves, because Sou is most certainly the Sacrifice, and Alice either knew already, or is the only one who realized it and hoping to be the one he saves.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
I don't feel there's any particular evidence that Joe is the Sage. The only thing that'd even possibly point that way is.... Joe getting Gin to not vote for Sara. But he's been protecting Sara from the very start of the game. I don't think he needs to be the Sage to continue doing that....

There's decent odds that Sou is the sacrifice, but it's not guarenteed he found and picked up that card after we left the room.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

A Sacrifice who wants to survive is going to be looking for somebody they can get at least within one vote of to make use of their two votes. With those laptop messages, Sou managed to get three other people hooked as looking suspicious, which if that gets evenly distributed between them and Sou leaves 3/2/2/2 in some order; easy pickings for a Sacrifice to turn into 5/2/2/2 or 3/2/2/4 for their win. Commoners, Sages, and Keymasters don't benefit from ties because they can't be sure to break them, thus there's no reason for them to do what Sou's been doing, but for a Sacrifice ties are excellent.

e: Hell, it's not impossible that he might have voted once for Kanna and once for himself. That comment that anyone who got two votes that round might be the Sacrifice is absolutely going to have effects on people's thoughts going forward, and while everyone else publicly figured she shouldn't be voted for, she's probably not going to vote for anyone but herself. Split the vote 5 ways even a little and those two Sacrifice votes very likely beat whatever else happens.

Ignatius M. Meen fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Feb 14, 2020

differentiating
Mar 30, 2019

Sou's almost certainly not the sacrifice - it'd be an incredibly stupid move for a sacrifice to outright claim Keymaster, because odds are people are going to want to vote for someone else to avoid that possibility of dying themselves. It'd be better to hide your card (imply commoner/sage) and just accuse others. He's clearly trying to save his own skin at the expense of Sara/Joe/Kai.

Plus, given the way he looked at Sara after she saw the sacrifice card, I fully believe he knew what that card was and that it was (likely) bad news. No way he would've kept it for himself.

Also I agree that outing Joe is probably what the game will require, but I hate the idea of it. Even if he's not actually the sage, we're painting a pretty big target on the back of our dearest friend.

differentiating fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Feb 14, 2020

limeicebreakers
May 1, 2017

I argue Sou immediately claiming to be Keymaster is a great move for the Sacrifice. If he doesn't get voted to be the final 5 in the first half of the trial, he dies automatically - so, he claims to be Keymaster, which immediately draws attention to him while elevating him to a position of some authority. If people trust him, he can lead them throughout the trial; if they don't, they'll most likely vote him into the second half so they can have the choice of choosing him for death in there.

Jefepato
Mar 11, 2009

This?! This is a glorious dance! That has been passed down! In my family for generations!
Joe actually might not be the Sage.

It's entirely possible he was just thinking that "if Sara dies, there won't be anyone left that most of us trust, and then we're all hosed eventually," rather than knowing "she's the Keymaster."

It's a bit of a stretch but not a huge one -- Sara really did build up a lot of trust early on without especially trying to (i.e. by being the protagonist).

(Either way, calling him out as the Sage ICly would be a terrible move by all logic. What the game expects from its players is...less obvious. It might not be a sensible course of action, but there might still be a bad ending for not doing it because gently caress if I know.)

As for Sou...I dunno. It's one idea, but if I were the Sacrifice, I wouldn't claim Keymaster. There are better lies to tell if you want negative attention focused your way -- if you need everyone to vote you dead, you can't risk them thinking "crap, if he's really the Keymaster we're all hosed."

But then, maybe if he genuinely anticipated everyone (besides Alice I guess) mistrusting him, he thought he could thread that needle. It's not exactly a great plan, but 1) people make mistakes frequently, and 2) this is essentially an anime game, and that would be nowhere near the most complicated thing a "smart" anime character anticipated somehow.

I am not sure what the deal is, but I can't expect an rear end in a top hat like him will snuff it so quickly. Although it would be nice.

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

For those of you who have already completed the first two chapters; the third chapter is coming out on the 25th (Japanese only). The promotional video only mentions that this is the final chapter, not sure if it's the whole chapter or just the first part.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
If Sou were the Sacrifice, he'd claim he's the Sage.

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

HydroSphere posted:

For those of you who have already completed the first two chapters; the third chapter is coming out on the 25th (Japanese only). The promotional video only mentions that this is the final chapter, not sure if it's the whole chapter or just the first part.

Oh gently caress, I never thought it would happen

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Mraagvpeine posted:

If Sou were the Sacrifice, he'd claim he's the Sage.

Looking at this from the outside.

So, two keymaster calls and no sage calls.

At least one of the keymasters is lying, but one is probably telling the truth

The sage pretty much has to be in the final group, as there is no reason to hide your role if you aren't in the final group.

More speculatively, the sacrifice would have had some sort of reaction to not being in the final group.

Honestly, I think there's a pretty good chance that Sou is the sage. Once we make the call, he makes his own call and the villagers have a 50/50 chance on all dying. Alternatively, they can go with a 1/3 chance on hitting the sacrifice on the other people left in the final group.

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

I'm betting Joe is the sacrifice and that he wants you to 'figure out' and reveal he's the sage so no one will suspect him and choose him as the safe, definitely not a sacrifice option. He gets a plus one to escape with if he wins, he would definitely gently caress off out of here with big sis Sara.

placid saviour
Apr 6, 2009
We're getting terribly deep into 5D-chess territory here, goonfriends.

Then again, this is anime.

limeicebreakers
May 1, 2017

This isn't half the mindgames a regular game of Werewolf or Mafia can get you.

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

(No... I can't say it!!)

(Because if Joe is exposed as the Sage... He'll be voted for!!)

(I can't... I can't do that!!)

“...I get what you're trying to say.”

“Keiji...!!”

“Joe is the Sage.”

• If Sara had outed Joe as the Sage, Alice angrily accuses Sara of selling Joe out to ensure her own survival, to which Joe protests that Sara is trying to save everyone.

(Ah...)

“...!!!”

“Joe saw Sara was the Keymaster. That's why he was convinced of a massacre.”

“'Course, it's just a strong possibility... But can you refute it?”

“................”

“....I....”

“Guess I can't keep a secret after all.”

“Joe!! Wait...!!”

(This is awful... W-Why...)

Music stops.

“But you aren't giving up yet, are you?”

“'Course not!!”

“Everyone!! You gotta promise me!!”

“W-What do you mean?!”

“I'm on board!! Now tell us their name!!”

“Their name... is...!”

Music stops.

(Joe...!)

“Alriiight!! Now we look for the Sacrifice between Sou, Kanna and Kai...”

“Um...”

Music stops.

“My reading was... that Sou was the Keymaster..”

“H... Hey...”

“My head's spinning, woooof!!”

Eheehee. 8 minutes to go, everyone. Ahaha.”

“Sou and Kanna are working together. ...I've got no doubt.”

“K-Keiji!! There ain't no way Kanna is up to no good!”

“Kanna's... being used by the beanie guy! He's gonna cast her aside! Don't you dare pick her!”

“I got it, woof!”

“Long-haired apron guy said his role last, so he's suspicious, meow! Definitely lying, woof!”

“I was about to believe Joe earlier... But is he really the Sage?!”

“We... We can't possibly find the answer in this little time!”

“Ghh...! It pains me, but as Sou or Sara could potentially be the Keymaster we shouldn't vote for them...!”

Extract statement from Reko.

“Kanna's... being used by the beanie guy! He's gonna cast her aside! Don't you dare pick her!”

“Wonder if the beanie's planning to sacrifice Kanna to save his own rear end...”

Extract statement from Nao.

“We... We can't possibly find the answer in this little time!”

“Aaah... We need to reason out the roles somehow...”

“If only we could just look at what's on the cards... Then we'd know the roles...”

“U-Understood!”

Extract statement from Gin.

“Long-haired apron guy said his role last, so he's suspicious, meow! Definitely lying, woof!”

“He must have realised that if he was the only one without a role, he's be chosen by process of elimination, meow!”

Extract statement from Alice.

“Ghh...! It pains me, but as Sou or Sara could potentially be the Keymaster we shouldn't vote for them...!”

“But... Who would be a safe bet, then...?!”

Extract statement from Keiji.

“Sou and Kanna are working together. ...I've got no doubt.”

“I know that much... But I don't know their roles.”

“If there were some way to determine them...”

“...Oh, really?”

“...That's good. Guess I'll persist until you can figure it out, Sara...”

Conflict Nao against Keiji.

Music stops.

“What's on the cards...?”

“Just maybe...”

“Let's take a gamble on it...”

“Joe, I'll ask you.”

“R... Right! Ask me anything!”

“...!!”

“Huh? You can answer, can't you? As the Sage...”

“Well done, Keiji! You've revealed the truth with just one question!”

“Don't take me lightly, will ya?”

“Ahahahahaha!!”

“The Keymaster, so it's a key...? Too bad. Actually...”

“..............”

“Kanna... What did it look like to you?”

“...”

“...Correct. The design for the Keymaster is a lock... Slipped up right at the very end, Joe.”

“W-What're you talking about?!

“I saw it for sure!! A picture of a key!!”

“...There's no time.”

(The last...! Right there's no time to keep drawing out statements...!)

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

:f5:

This game is REALLY good at tension

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

So, we know that Sou was in the room with the Sacrifice card. He knows it and was probably waiting for it. Which makes Kanna the sacrifice, and Sou's using her to save his own life. What a colossal shitbag. Also this is going to get painful oh god.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Oh, I get it.

The Sage can't lie about the divination. So Kanna absolutely cannot be the Sage, because she lied about the design on the card.

But, uh, nowhere in the rules does it actually say the Sage will know the design of the Keymaster card, just who it is. They've just sort of made that assumption up out of whole cloth?

So Joe's not it too, because by this logic he lied about seeing the design as a result of the divination. He either saw Sara's card with his eyes, or got a good guess at the design.

That leaves Sou or Kai. Sou's not claiming Sage, but then why would he? It's suicide. And I don't know if Sou technically "lied about the result of the divination" by agreeing with Kanna... but I'm not going to lean on that because it's shaky.

And honestly I'm not really bothered which it is. But we can at least rule Sou out as Sacrifice, or else he would've claimed Sage instead of Keymaster. So he should be safe for everyone to vote for.

That leaves the three people who claimed Sage as Sacrifice candidates, because why else would you claim it? (Well, Joe did it to save Sara.)

If Joe's only motive is getting Sara out and he's the Sacrifice, he wouldn't have told people not to vote for him when outing himself as the Sage. He could've just taken the resulting hail of votes, chosen Sara as his one to save, and walked out.

MarquiseMindfang fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Feb 16, 2020

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Maybe Kai is the sage? The Keymaster card said "Let no one else know about this card or die" and, despite claiming Sara was the Keymaster he had nothing else to add. But if he is, that safe vote would be kissing any info he had on his former collaborators goodbye.

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
As unfortunate as Kanna and Sou are being, Kai might be the only safe choice for the group as a whole.

Still, is it actually dangerous to vote for the Sacrifice? This could be a scenario like the Second Game where we're being misled by tricky wording and imagery.

In the first Roles explanation, the Miley pre-recorded video says:
- Fourth is the Sacrifice card.
- Amazingly, this curious card allows the person to survive only if chosen as the victim!
- Which means if they're not chosen, they die! However, there are positives as well!
- The Sacrifice alone has 2 votes, and also...
- If they win, they can escape alive with a person of their choice!
- Well, but in that case... all the others will perish. So good luck!
- So at minimum, two people will die. Everyone, do your best not to be one of them!

The red/green figures behind the explanation do seem to confirm that picking the Sacrifice is fatal for most of the group. However, the images don't necessarily reflect the truth.

Once at the Main Game Stage, Miley recaps that "If the victim is the Sacrifice, the Sacrifice wins, and can escape with one person of their choosing." She also provides "rulebooks on the desks", and the latest post shows that Rulebook 2 only says "Sacrifice: Has two votes, but lives only if chosen.".

Since later discussion of the Sacrifice's powers has become vague, it implies to me that the rules could have a loophole:
- If chosen, is the Sacrifice required to escape with a person of their choice?
- Is choosing a 2nd person to escape with the only trigger for all the others to perish?

If the answers to both are no, then everyone could survive. Of course, I'd like to hope that everyone can survive the Main Game, but I doubt the game would allow for it.

NeoRonTheNeuron fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Feb 16, 2020

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

It does get a little vague later in the explaination, but it's also very explicit that a minimum of two people will die.

There are three cases:

Keyholder is selected: Everyone dies.
Sacrifice is selected: Everyone but the Keyholder and their chosen selection die.
Someone else is selected: Voted person and Sacrifice die.

placid saviour
Apr 6, 2009

PlasticAutomaton posted:

So, we know that Sou was in the room with the Sacrifice card. He knows it and was probably waiting for it. Which makes Kanna the sacrifice, and Sou's using her to save his own life. What a colossal shitbag. Also this is going to get painful oh god.

I think this is right on the money. And in this case, it doesn't really matter whether Joe or Kai is the Sage - Sou is the one everyone should vote for. God knows the little dipshit deserves it.

differentiating
Mar 30, 2019

HydroSphere posted:

“W-What're you talking about?!

“I saw it for sure!! A picture of a key!!”

This comment makes me think that Joe saw Sara's card somehow - assuming the sage was told by Miley who the keymaster was, I doubt they were shown a picture. Which means that either Kai or Sou is the sage (since it's obviously not Kanna). If I had to guess, I'd say Kai, since I assume the point is that the sage shouldn't know what's on the card, and everyone else has claimed to know that there's a key or a lock on the card. But technically that doesn't rule out Sou as the sage, since he had to agree with Kanna... unless lying about being keymaster counts as lying about the divination?

The sacrifice, meanwhile, is harder to tell - it's not Sou, but it could be Kanna, if she wants to die like she says. That's why she initially refused to claim a role. Claiming sage could just be because Sou's manipulating her into it, because if he has her working for him somehow, that'd guarantee his survival (not killed by being voted for + being the one person the sacrifice saves). It could also be Kai or Joe, as claiming sage could be a means of garnering votes, but it also could be a means of causing confusion since claiming commoner is a dangerous move as well.

The wrench in all of this is that, from the perspective of the other 5, it's Kai/Sara/Joe who are claiming Sara is keymaster. They're correct, but Sou also just accused them of all being in cahoots with each other and the kidnappers, so that might hurt their credibility. It's not like Sara can just whip out her card to prove it, after all.

Basically, I agree that Kai is probably the safest person to vote for, as much as I'd like to see Sou get his comeuppance.

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

Music stops.

Right now, I'm seeing the worst outcome in my head. This is just an uncertain line of logic.

(Please... Let me be wrong...!!)

(I don't have anywhere left to go... but forward!!)

“Kai...”

“Yes...?”

“...............”

“...You won't say... will you, Kai? Because... you can't say...?”

“...”

“What're you...?!”

“It says this in Rulebook 2...”

“All it says is they know who it is...”

“...”

(Plus, they “can't lie about the results”...)

(So Kai, who didn't say a design, is the Sage...!)

(But... If that's it, then why...)

“Since Kai couldn't say a design, he's the Sage.”

“...”

“...Ha.”

“It was a close one.”

“Y-You!! You must've been lyin' to Kanna after all!!”

“More importantly, we should listen to Kai.”

“When we came to the subject of designs... I realised I was in danger.”

“I thought I might play dumb... But it was clear I would be the most-voted simply due to my lack of trust...”

“Yet... yet... I...”

“Kai...”

Joe?

“I am convinced... He purposefully took actions that could be read as those of the Sage.”

“Ahaha, why me?”

“He is a dangerous man!! He will certainly disturb our teamwork, and lead everyone into danger...!!”

Music stops.

• Should Sara try to eliminate Sou, the most antagonistic and unlikable candidate, or Kai, who has had contact with the kidnappers and stalked Sara, or save the minority, knowing what that will mean for the majority?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015

Although next time, you would be wise to heed the ancient Japanese proverb... phone first!
Vote Sou.