Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

harperdc posted:

I mean let's keep it funky, it's probably the official importer to Saudi or elsewhere in the GCC that is then selling Hiluxes out the back door to people who then get them to the kinds of guys who mount guns in the back.

same way that newer Mercedes wound up in North Korea for Kim to use.

people with guns intent on killing people probably don't have a problem with stealing trucks and or parts but the ISIS sponsored by Toyota bumper stickers has me wondering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Revisiting this, I don't have an SBJ subscription- can anybody who does give us the cliff notes as to what the penalties might be?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_motor_racing_venues_by_capacity

Because :lol:, the Brickyard is never drawing ~180,000 fans ever again. (The smallest oval, by comparison, is Phoenix at 50,000, and 35,000 there might be doable.)

e-

iwentdoodie posted:

And nothing of value was lost.

But they'll just give em to kansas and chicago so it's a wash.

The dates for Rovals have to come from somewhere.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Feb 13, 2020

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

No Track Left Behind

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/jeff_gluck/status/1227990977090064385?s=21

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Interesting numbers here regarding the value of each Cup team (in general, not value changes):

https://twitter.com/JennaFryer/status/1227994756564881410/photo/1

e-
https://twitter.com/JennaFryer/status/1227993533619068928

I like it.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

The full article to the Forbes story is here: https://www.forbes.com/sites/chriss...r/#38d32e83371d

This deserves its own post:

https://twitter.com/StewartHaasRcng/status/1228033356606136321

Smoke is joining FOX's revolving Cup driver lineup for NXS races during their half of the season, presumably replacing Kevin Harvick. Tony and Bowyer will be in the booth at Talladega (and I'm assuming there'll be drivers-only again, too). :getin:

e- Since I was in the neighborhood:

https://twitter.com/TonyStewart/status/1227770781276557313/photo/1

:golfclap:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Feb 13, 2020

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

Won't tracks just tarp the backside of their speedways and just sell the frontstretch and the turns? Or even cut it in half, sell from Turn 4 down to Turn 1 and call it a day? Still I'm sure there are a few tracks that would struggle to hit 70% with even that but I can't imagine it would be too many.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

NASCAR, sorry our content is lovely, you must see 70% to capacity or get hosed. Have a nice day.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Can't wait for the races with Smoke in the booth.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

bigbillystyle posted:

Won't tracks just tarp the backside of their speedways and just sell the frontstretch and the turns? Or even cut it in half, sell from Turn 4 down to Turn 1 and call it a day? Still I'm sure there are a few tracks that would struggle to hit 70% with even that but I can't imagine it would be too many.

Yeah it'd probably be like what the A's do with Mt Davis

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

CBJSprague24 posted:

Revisiting this, I don't have an SBJ subscription- can anybody who does give us the cliff notes as to what the penalties might be?

They haven't floated any specific penalties, just that there might be some. It's ridiculous though, because there isn't any "penalty" I can think of that isn't ultimately financial and to the detriment of the track…and ultimately, NASCAR itself. What, are they going to cut ticket prices and risk not making money, to appease NASCAR? Or are they going to set prices at what the market will bear to make money, only to be penalized by NASCAR? A lose-lose on the face of it.

I can only think of one thing that makes sense out of this. For tracks that have two dates that aren't Daytona, Talladega, Bristol, Martinsville, etc., NASCAR could threaten to pull one of their dates in favor of another track if attendance numbers don't look good (or look good on TV).

This could be a pipe dream on my part, wanting Cup or Trucks/Xfinity to run at Irwindale or a Los Angeles street race instead of Fontana, for example. But it could also be NASCAR setting a standard for itself that might mean it's time to move on from a track or a date for greener pastures. Maybe that's another pipe dream, heh.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
lol Suarez

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i'm so mad

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

trump is the grand marshal

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

big nipples big life posted:

Please no

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Yuck

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
Mad about Saurez. Mad about Trump. So mad bro.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

big nipples big life posted:

That's going to be the longest command in recorded history. It's going to be 5 hours of blathering about nothing and how Mike Bloomberg is only 5 ft 4 in tall.

In other words, it will be like in a movie or TV show where someone starts talking and there's an obvious Transition from day to night where the audience has fallen asleep.

e- Like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it5-WpTHc7M

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Feb 14, 2020

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 11 days!)

I'm real glad that Brad Keselowski being a bad driver has cost Suarez his shot. Good work all around.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

There's talk that Gaunt is trying to buy out another team's spot atm.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Member when they goon useta race.. what's he up to these days besides :catdrugs:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

tater_salad posted:

Member when they goon useta race.. what's he up to these days besides :catdrugs:

Still not giving us hats

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I got a hat... :).

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

tater_salad posted:

I got a hat... :).

He got murdered on track. It was super sad.

Edit: Rain. OH BOY.

mischief fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Feb 15, 2020

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
let's watch some racing!!! Oh guess not let's watch some track dryers!!!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Elephanthead posted:

let's watch some racing!!! Oh guess not let's watch some track dryers!!!

*JPM stares*

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Shiney side up rookie.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
https://twitter.com/johnrobertsfox/status/1228497773026258944?s=21

Sure. Why not.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

turn right don yess

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

kidcoelacanth posted:

turn right don yess

Outlaw Mailman
Jul 1, 2007
Two kinds of crazy

kidcoelacanth posted:

turn right don yess

Do it fer Dale!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

put a jet dryer out there and let jpm drive

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

That wreck has been starting for like 12 laps

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:worship::devil:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

really great finish

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

kidcoelacanth posted:

really great finish

I'm surprised they only needed one attempt, but that was a good race all around. Even if it ended up having a big one just before the end, that was, as BNBL put, a wreck 12 laps in the making and you're fine with that, because they put it all out there.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Yeah those trucks were so squirrely in the draft, it was really fun to watch.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

turn right don yess

Put him in a souped-up Petty Experience car, bring back the ARCA cars, and put him in a pack with them for 10 laps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
Here's hoping for a rollover.