Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Fellis posted:

Raian must have settled down and had kids if he’s wearing ADADS tracksuit

him and his partner Ohma are in love and raising Kiryu Setsuna together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

ohma coming back isn't all that surprising now that i think about it. however, raian treating him with respect? raian treating anyone with respect? wtf?

He's probably family now, so...

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Jose posted:

He got the poo poo kicked out of him of course he respects the person who did that its like kengans main thing

Yeah, Raian starts threatening spectators who mock Ohma in his fight against... I wanna say, Cosmo?

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

maybe raian calmed down outside of work and is now quite cool socially

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

where the red fern gropes posted:

maybe raian calmed down outside of work and is now quite cool socially

Underground fighter by night, mild mannered salaryman by day.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Jose posted:

There was a big deal made about there being no bad techniques just bad implementation
There was also a big deal made about how much damage the advance had done to Ohma including the entire reason for his amnesia. Even the Kure family acupuncture was just a bandage on what a man on his last legs. I'm not saying they cannot explain this away, but from around the Sekibayashi fight we knew Ohma was using a life-drain technique and maybe around the 2nd round of the tournament we had an understanding that this one might not go the typical shonen route of not meaning anything in the end. And unlike Setsuna who wasn't too far gone as a result of the Falling Demon, Ohma was already terminal by all accounts. So next week is going to be very interesting. Raian more or less vouching for this Ohma, and the verbal tick of merging first and last names all point to this Ohma being the genuine article. But this is also in an arc with body doubles and clones so who knows where it will go.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Theyve been pushing the cloning angle so it's possible that there was some organ cloning going on. Sort of like big boss in mgs 4

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
I'm cool with this twist and this being the real Ohma due to organ cloning or some weird nonsense, as long as he doesn't like, take the spotline too much as a main character again. On the other hand, with it being called out a lot that Ryuki's Gaoh style won't actually be effective against higher tier Kengan/Purgatory fighters, he could probably act as a mentor of sorts to Ryuki if he sticks around.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Whatever the resolution to this ends up being, I'm glad we get to actually see chill Ohma being a character for a bit instead of flashes of it for 5 panels a chapter.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
I'm pretty sure someone predicted this reveal ages ago. I don't know how to feel about it, upcoming chapters will tell. I did love the color pages!

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Just piping in to say SWEET JESUS

il-landier
Jan 28, 2008

It's been said upthread, but but if this reveal is not the result of cloning or some other ridiculous Baki-style superscience nonsense I'll be extremely cross

Andrew Lime
Oct 9, 2012
I mean we can already assume that this Ohma isn't a clone, as they can't just create a fully formed human being in 2 years. I kinda just want him to say: "I got better".

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Besides the big twist here I bet this is some sort of a setup for a Raian redemption thing where they make him more likable so you can see him get utterly bodied by some Wu clan person.

also prepare for Karla to show up with a baby or something

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

In my opinion

I'd be down with a heart transplant from cloned tissues, or even just two years of rest and bullshit Kure medication since Ohma is otherwise a young man who just did poo poo that put too much strain on his heart muscles

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i can't believe how good of a method actor gaoh is

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
He's been clearly brought back from the dead as a cyborg using super advanced technology. His prime directives are:

1-Punch fools.
2-Kick rear end.
3-Love Kazzy.

His name is ROBOASHURA.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

il-landier posted:

It's been said upthread, but but if this reveal is not the result of cloning or some other ridiculous Baki-style superscience nonsense I'll be extremely cross

I'm putting my money on a body double Setsuna. He's got the insane devotion to Ohma already and while Raian was the one doing the turning, I did imagine setsuna showing up when the two worms had their necks twisted. Plus Setsuna does already know the Niko technique. I'm doing like Toyoda suggested and watching the eyes on this one. We may get our hypnotic suggestion Liquid Ocelot character yet.
I'm not letting the possibility of Metal Gear Kengan being a thing go just yet. It's just a question of whether or not the 3rd cloaked worm guy is the Solidus of the family to compliment Ohma and Ryuki being the Liquid and Solid members of the family.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Puny Brain: Ohma never died
Strong Brain: Kure Clan revived Ohma
Glowing Brain: Ohma was cloned
Transuniversal Brain: Ohma from another universe like Dragon Ball Z Trunks

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
I hope he beats all the goons then promptly drops dead cause it'll be hard for the Koga + Ryuki bro team to compete with the Raian + Ohma

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
they're going to gently caress off for a while like Jotaro did in Diamond is Unbreakable. Maybe chase the worm off screen

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

yum posted:

I hope he beats all the goons then promptly drops dead cause it'll be hard for the Koga + Ryuki bro team to compete with the Raian + Ohma

Ohma's Crank now, he's gotta keep his heart juiced up now.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Did I miss the part where Koga started getting along with Ryuki again after Ryuki killed that guy in front of him? I remember Koga freaking out and their relationship becoming strained, but then they seemed to be getting along like normal recently.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
During Ryuki's fight with Akoya he hesitated to fight to kill which led to his loss because of what Koga said.

He told Koga about it so Koga got hopeful about helping Ryuki break out from that mentality.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Ohma is going to job to [pulls name from hat] Mokichi Robinson?????

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

the actor guys coming back calling it right now

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Stairmaster posted:

the actor guys coming back calling it right now

Actor Guy already jobbed offscreen to Murder Cop.

Murder Cop was banned for a while for killing his opponent in a match. When his ban was lifted, his first return match was with Actor Guy, who lost handily.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Misdirection...

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

JosephWongKS posted:

Actor Guy already jobbed offscreen to Murder Cop.

Murder Cop was banned for a while for killing his opponent in a match. When his ban was lifted, his first return match was with Actor Guy, who lost handily.

No, Actor Guy jobbed onscreen to Sumo Dude.

Murder Cop nearly killed the Gozo, and Gozo lost to Kokuro because he wasn't fully healed from his injuries.

ZepiaEltnamOberon fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Feb 15, 2020

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Yeah but what if he was just... Acting

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Stairmaster posted:

Yeah but what if he was just... Acting

Actor Guy is actually acting as Ohma right now in the latest chapter.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
There's still a part of me wondering if it's just Setsuna using an Ohma mask.

Like how these Worms dudes are able to use face masks to pretend to be other people.

Cause that neck twisting thing is so Setsuna.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

There's still a part of me wondering if it's just Setsuna using an Ohma mask.

Like how these Worms dudes are able to use face masks to pretend to be other people.

Cause that neck twisting thing is so Setsuna.

Yeah, but Raian was the first to show up and he never used any actual Kure techniques in Ashura so there's some possible misdirection there.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Raian is definitely strong enough to just twist some guy's neck off no problem but nothings off the table at this point

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
You ever have that moment where something so awesome happens that your manga goes into colour...well we've established that bar here.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
My phone was struggling to load the chapter at work and idk why but that + the colour page made me think I'd hit the end so I stopped reading until I saw the thread reactions

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So apparently the reason I was confused about Koga's attitude towards Ryuki is that I somehow managed to completely skip the chapter where they reconcile.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
New Chapter where our main character finally reveals their secret technique!

I’m worried though this is the least horny chapter of danberu by far. Barely any muscles or machos! :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Looking at that pic made me thing she murdered someone with a baseball during a game gone horribly wrong