Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

There's a live DDT show on Universe next Saturday, here's the card for Into The Fight:

Mad Paulie vs Yukio Naya vs Keigo Nakamura in a triple threat
Kazusada Higuchi, Yukio Sakaguchi and Saki Akai vs Toru Owashi, Naomi Yoshimura and Mizuki Watase
Danshoku Dieno, Super Sasadango Machine and Yasu Urano vs Shinya Aoki, Hiroshi Yamato and Kazuki Hirata in an All Human Beings Are Brothers vs We Are Family trios match
HARASHIMA & Yuki Ueno vs CIMA & Soma Takao vs Masahiro Takanashi & Makoto Oishi in a triple threat tag match
Daisuke Sasaki, Tetsuya Endo, T-Hawk and El Lindaman vs Akito, Shunma Katsumata, Yuki Iino and Chihiro Hashimoto in a tag elimination match
Konosuke Takeshita vs Chris Brookes for the inaugural Universal title
Masato Tanaka defends the KO-D Openweight title against MAO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Kobashi is doing a meet in greet in Tampa during Mania weekend

https://twitter.com/ICWNEWYORK/status/1227774570930802688

Awesome

Chris James 2 posted:

There's a live DDT show on Universe next Saturday, here's the card for Into The Fight:

Mad Paulie vs Yukio Naya vs Keigo Nakamura in a triple threat
Kazusada Higuchi, Yukio Sakaguchi and Saki Akai vs Toru Owashi, Naomi Yoshimura and Mizuki Watase
Danshoku Dieno, Super Sasadango Machine and Yasu Urano vs Shinya Aoki, Hiroshi Yamato and Kazuki Hirata in an All Human Beings Are Brothers vs We Are Family trios match
HARASHIMA & Yuki Ueno vs CIMA & Soma Takao vs Masahiro Takanashi & Makoto Oishi in a triple threat tag match
Daisuke Sasaki, Tetsuya Endo, T-Hawk and El Lindaman vs Akito, Shunma Katsumata, Yuki Iino and Chihiro Hashimoto in a tag elimination match
Konosuke Takeshita vs Chris Brookes for the inaugural Universal title
Masato Tanaka defends the KO-D Openweight title against MAO

Wish DDT was on Fite

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
...do you like spending twice as much for one show than a whole month of a streaming service?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Wish DDT was on Fite

This makes no sense. Fite sold New Beginning in Osaka for $24.99. DDT Universe is 900 Yen for multiple shows a month. That's barely more than $8 & for it you get multiple DDT & multiple Tokyo Joshi Pro shows a month. There is no way that Fite.TV represents a good deal for a company who also have a streaming service. If I didn't already have too many promotions to spend money on a month I'd be very tempted by DDT Universe.

Anyway, to go back to wrestling, NOAH's next broadcast show is on Sunday 16th from Korakuen Hall & is on Abema TV. Most notable match is Nakajima vs Hideki Suzuki, there's also Go Shiozaki teaming with Kaito Kiyomiya against Sugiura & Fujita. There's also your RATEL'S vs Stinger multiman, Daisuke Sekimoto is appearing in a tag match & there will be a match between Dragón Bane & El Hijo de Canis Lupis who are brothers from IWRG who turned up on a NOAH Korakuen in December & were real loving fun. Also of note is the show on the 24th is live on Samurai TV so will make it online at some point, with the inevitably great Sugiura GHC National title defence against Kaito Kiyomiya.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Feb 14, 2020

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
DDT Universe is already pretty much the best bang for your buck. They've got NOAH, DDT, TJPW, and scattered smaller indies under their umbrella. They run around 2-5 live shows a week with things constantly added to VoD that are from the vault or weren't aired live. They've got one of the most diverse cast of wrestlers out there right now and are constantly using guys from other indies, so there's something for almost literally every fan. All this for about $8.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
That said, is there a shortlist of great matches to watch on DDT Universe? I've subbed but the amount of content is overwhelming. Or should I just walk my way through the MOTYC lists?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Schneider Heim posted:

That said, is there a shortlist of great matches to watch on DDT Universe? I've subbed but the amount of content is overwhelming. Or should I just walk my way through the MOTYC lists?
The best approach to any new wrestling catalogue is to watch what's current, pick a couple people out you really enjoy, and start watching old shows and start expanding like that.

Here's a decent list of some of their best matches, just look at the ones that pop out to you and watch the whole show.

Must-watches for me are:
Antonio Honda vs Dick Togo match (Sweet Dreams 2011)
Kenny Omega vs Kota Ibushi (Peter Pan 2012)
Kenny Omega & Kota Ibushi vs YOSHIHIKO & Danshoku Dino(MAX Bump 2009)
The entirety of Daisuke Sekimoto's Openweight Title Run

The best way to look for matches on the website is by entering the date, rather than trying to sort through Japanese. If a show happened on May 4th, 2009 type in "5 2009" in the search bar (Sometimes dates will vary from Cagematch due to time zones) or by event name + year for bigger shows (Since most are in English, for example MAX Bump 2009)

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Schneider Heim posted:

A notable exception to the cagematch list posted above is KUDO vs Shuji Ishikawa from Peter Pan 2011, which is one of my favourite David vs Goliath matches ever

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

It appears they're TRYING to fix their tags since there's a pretty substantial Maki Itoh one now, but you still can't search for someone like Yuka. DDT seems genuinely interested in making the service better though!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

SG Bamboo posted:

A notable exception to the cagematch list posted above is KUDO vs Shuji Ishikawa from Peter Pan 2011, which is one of my favourite David vs Goliath matches ever
I didn't include it because the Sekimoto run includes the Masa Takahashi match which is similarly, one of the best underdog stories in wrestling

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
ddt universe has more wrestling than someone can responsibly consume, honestly

it's an extremely good deal

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Wish it had more English

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
there's a lack of commentary in general for a lot of videos, which i'm fine with tbh

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

No commentary is always better than bad English commentary

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Smoking Crow posted:

Wish it had more English

yeah this is my biggest knock against DDT because they do a lot more talking than NJPW. Like 2nd match dudes will do postmatch 5 minute promos, then some other stuff happens and I'm like ??? ok I guess I'll go play outside or something.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I'm fine with not having English commentary, but for promo heavy companies subtitles during promos would be nice.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I finally watched the Toryumon Reunion show and had a lot of fun. I hope we get more Jae commentating. No, he's not a pro broadcaster but he has that Chris Charlton level of enthusiasm and knowledge about the company that goes a long way.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Couple of shows on streaming services tomorrow

All Japan Pro Wrestling Excite Series
February 16th 2020
Sasebo Sports & Culture Center, Nagasaki
17:00 JST/08:00 GMT/03:00 EST/00:00 PST (According to AJPW TV. Reddit says it starts 20:30 JST so I dunno)

Evolution (Hikaru Sato & Suwama) & Shuji Ishikawa vs Francisco Akira & YoshiKen (Kento Miyahara & Yoshitatsu)
JIN (Jake Lee & Koji Iwamoto) vs Purple Haze (IZANAGI & Lucas Steele)
Dan Tamura & TAJIRI vs Purple Haze (Shigehiro Irie & Zeus)
Jun Akiyama & Yasushi Kanda vs Wild Menso (Black Menso~re & Takao Omori)
JR Kratos & Yusuke Okada vs Rising HAYATO & Yuma Aoyagi
Hokuto Omori vs UTAMARO

Dragon Gate Truth Gate 2020
February 16th 2020
KBS Hall, Kyoto
17:00 JST/08:00 GMT/03:00 EST/00:00 PST

Dragon Gate (KAI, Kzy & YAMATO) vs RED (Big R Shimizu, BxB Hulk & Eita)
Dragon Gate (Keisuke Okuda & Yosuke♡Santa Maria) vs Toryumon (Dragon Kid & Ryo Saito)
Dragon Gate (Ben-K, Dragon Dia & Strong Machine J) vs Toryumon (Kagetora, Masato Yoshino & Susumu Yokosuka)
Kota Minoura vs Takashi Yoshida
Don Fujii & Martin Kirby vs Ho Ho Lun & Jason Lee
RED (Diamante & Kaito Ishida) vs Toryumon (Genki Horiguchi & Naruki Doi)

There's also a TJP show on DDT Universe that is a 03:30 GMT start time so if you're in the US west coast it'd be a decent start time but I'll be sound asleep. And there are AJPW shows on Monday & Tuesday which are going up VOD rather than being live broadcast.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Feb 16, 2020

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

mikeycp posted:

there's a lack of commentary in general for a lot of videos, which i'm fine with tbh

commentary is unnecessary, i want it to be subtitled like stardom is

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Following the unofficial official ddt English account is a must for their big shows. They're pretty good at live translating

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Every company should have a Chris Charlton.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Happy to see JR Kratos rep Northern California in AJPW. He's a good indie hoss type. Had a banger against LA Park late last year in Pro Wrestling Revolution, the NorCal lucha indie.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Pinche Rudo posted:

Happy to see JR Kratos rep Northern California in AJPW. He's a good indie hoss type. Had a banger against LA Park late last year in Pro Wrestling Revolution, the NorCal lucha indie.

His match at Bloodsport with Simon Gotch wasn't too bad either

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

I Before E posted:

His match at Bloodsport with Simon Gotch wasn't too bad either

I liked his 2nd bloodsport match against some erik hammer dude too

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/Hi5ame/status/1228887425671405568

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

DDT introducing a new DDT Universe championship which is planned to be at least more prestigious than the King Of Dark championship

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Kenta Kobashi works stiff even with surgical tools

https://twitter.com/Hi5ame/status/1229749256497573888?s=19

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

If anyone plans on attending a DDT show in the near future, surgical masks are compulsory until further notice for fans as well as wrestlers and staff. I guess that means I've got to actually try and find some.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Wait what

https://twitter.com/Hi5ame/status/1230158726511943680

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The Leave sponsor NOAH and Dump Matsumoto and they did a series of adverts starting with Naomichi Marufuji depressed in a bar as all the women flocked to Taiji Ishimori and concluding with him marrying Dump Matsumoto.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

From the English language Dragongate Facebook

"We’re happy to announce that the following shows will feature English commentary on the Dragon Gate Network in 2020.

① 2/29 & 3/1 Champion Gate 2020 in Osaka.

② All monthly Korakuen Hall events

③ All 5 annual major events (Dead or Alive 2020, Kobe Pro Wrestling Festival 2020, Dangerous Gate 2020, The Gate of Destiny 2020, & The Final Gate 2020).

Look forward to more announcements in the near future!"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Current cards for the Champion Gate shows:

Feb 29:
Martin Kirby and Taketo Kamei vs Ho Ho Lun and Michael Su in a preshow match
Masato Yoshino, Don Fujii and Yasushi Kanda vs Jason Lee, Punch Tominaga and Kota Minoura in a Toryumon vs Dragon Gate match
Gamma vs Yuki Yoshioka
Naruki Doi & Susumu Yokosuka vs Masaaki Mochizuki & Kento Kobune vs Takashi Yoshida & Diamante in a triple threat
YAMATO, Kzy, KAI and Keisuke Okuda vs Eita, BxB Hulk*, Big R Shimizu and Kazma Sakamoto in a Dragon Gate vs RED match
Kaito Ishida defends the Brave Gate title against Genki Horiguchi
Team Toryumon (Dragon Kid, Ryo Saito and Kenichiro Arai) defend the Triangle Gate titles against Team Dragon Gate (Ben-K, Strong Machine J and Dragon Dia)

Mar 1:
Problem Dragon and Taketo Kamei vs Ho Ho Lun and MIchael Su in a preshow match
Masaaki Mochizuki, Ryo Saito, Gamma and Martin Kirby vs Jason Lee, Strong Machine J, Dragon Dia and Oji Shiiba
Don Fujii and Genki Horiguchi vs Kzy and Yosuke♡Santa Maria in a Toryumon vs Dragon Gate match
Ben-K and Keisuke Okuda vs Takashi Yoshida and Kaito Ishida in a Dragon Gate vs RED match
Masato Yoshida, Dragon Kid and Kagetora vs Eita, Diamante and Big R Shimizu in a Toryumon vs RED match
RED (BxB Hulk* and Kazma Sakamoto) defend the Twin Gate titles against Team Dragon Gate (YAMATO and KAI)
Naruki Doi defends the Dream Gate title against Susumu Yokosuka

*BxB Hulk has a calf injury that's said to be minor but was still pulled from this weekend's cards due to it, so. I don't think the card's going to change, especially since he's having a title defense March 1, but it's notable

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Doi vs Susumu is going to be so loving good. Every Susumu singles match in 2020 so far has been great or better.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1231416790636318720

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

The six-man tag from DDT Into the Fight just now was an excellent comedy match

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Not a surprise but Kenny Omega got confirmed for Peter Pan

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
I only got home in time to catch the main, but I'll have to go back for the rest. MAO rules, I wish he won.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Dragongate is back live on the Network that is very hard to recommend with a show from Kobe Sambo Hall.

February 24th, 2020
Hyogo, Kobe Sambo Hall
Truth Gate 2020
Dragon Gate Network Live - 16:45 JST/7:45 GMT/2:45 EST/23:45 PST But don't blame me if I got your timezone wrong, do the conversion yourself if you're unsure.

0. Problem Dragon vs. Ho Ho Lun

1. Toryumon vs. Dragon Gate
Dragon Kid & Ryo Saito vs. Ben-K & Strong Machine J
2. Kzy vs. Kento Kobune
3. Yosuke♡Santa Maria & Keisuke Okuda vs. Jason Lee & Yuki Yoshioka
4. Genki Horiguchi & “brother” YASSHI & Martin Kirby vs. Takashi Yoshida & Kaito Ishida & H・Y・O
5. Naruki Doi & Yasushi Kanda vs. Masato Yoshino & Susumu Yokosuka
6. Dragon Gate vs. R・E・D
YAMATO & KAI & Dragon Dia vs. Eita & Big R Shimizu & Diamante

Bit more of an inconsequential show really, Kento Kobune is one the rookies who has only been appearing on shows for less than a year (& only on normal tours since December, before that it was just a few PRIMEZONE appearances) so he'll get soundly beaten by Kzy but honestly, Kzy is always worth a watch. You've got the all Toryumon generation tag between Doi & Kanda vs Yoshino & Yokosuka building to the Doi Yokosuka title match at Champion Gate next Sunday.

So nothing must see but the base level for a Dragongate show is always enjoyable.

I'm kind of glad there's no New Japan until the Anniversary show now because right now I have the 3 AJPW Excite Series shows that went up last week to watch as well as the 2 from this weekend, NOAH from the 16th with the Hideki Suzuki Katsuhiko Nakajima match people were raving about & another from the 19th, plus a Freedoms show where I will at least check the raved about main event & also the last BJW Korakuen. Plus Dragongate tomorrow, AJPW Wednesday & DG again on Saturday & Sunday.

It's such a good time to be a wrestling fan.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
https://twitter.com/DramaticDDT/status/1232595978701754368?s=20

https://twitter.com/DramaticDDT/status/1232597083967905794

I think this is all DDT Group shows over the next two weeks: with the ones that have important matches being replaced with dojo shows without an audience instead. Certainly not a good sign.

e: https://twitter.com/PKDX/status/1232606619675971584?s=20

Naoya Nomura is out of the Champions Carnival which stinks since it was his year

IceAgeComing fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Feb 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Noooooo, Nomura is so good.