Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah, this new song is appropriately melodramatic for Craig's run. Not that that's a good thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The MSJ posted:

The song for Spectre appear to match the movie's story of Bond basically being at the lowest point of his life and ended with him quitting. I am certain the new movie will be likewise.

Speaking of, Radiohead's version is better

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Daniel Craig's run as Bond has pretty much been chaotic production after chaotic production which is a shame. If there had been a real focus it could have been fun.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

quote:

This track is from the OK Connery soundtrack. It is sung by Christy. I thought I would post the English version of this song since I did not find it on Youtube at all. The soundtrack was done by Ennio Morricone of all people!! The movie is an Italian spy spoof starring Neil Connery (yep, Sean's brother) as a plastic surgeon who is recruited by Bernard Lee(the original M from the Bond series. Lois Maxwell (the original Moneypenny) is in this movie too. Many other actors from the Sean Connery Bond films show up in this film as well. If you want to see it, check out the MS3TK spoof of it entitled Operation Double 007. It's not a bad action movie per se, and worth it just for all the Bond actors alone.

How am I just hearing about this

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah it's a trip. One of the more fun Eurospy flicks. Its other title is Operation Kid Brother.

e: Here's a good video on it. Check out the rest of the channel for other weird and fun ripoffs. Ignore how dorky the host is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jdERRlfZWU

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Feb 14, 2020

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Does the Sonic movie at least call him Robotnik?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

feedmyleg posted:

Yeah it's a trip. One of the more fun Eurospy flicks. Its other title is Operation Kid Brother.

e: Here's a good video on it. Check out the rest of the channel for other weird and fun ripoffs. Ignore how dorky the host is.

operation kid brother doesn't star corey and corey?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Groovelord Neato posted:

Does the Sonic movie at least call him Robotnik?

Yes, also Eggman.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

duz posted:

Yes, also Eggman.

Movie's officially poo poo.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

but is there a walrus

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Groovelord Neato posted:

Movie's officially poo poo.

Sonic eats chili dogs in it tho.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Alan Smithee posted:

How am I just hearing about this

The lady who played Moneypenny has said that she made more from that knock off than she did for the actual Bond movies.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Just looking over the schedule of upcoming movies and I spot Kevin Sorbo's face.

quote:

After the success of Climate Hustle 1 (being #1 per screen average), now we are facing a frenzied Green movement unlike anything we have ever seen -- a rising climate monarchy that seeks new adherents to their radical agenda. They want to silence all opposition down completely – muzzle respected scientists that disagree with them so that nothing stands in the way of their efforts to garner more power, money and influence. Worse, they insist the UN, and not our elected leaders, be the ones calling the shots on US climate and energy policy. They are not afraid to abuse science to achieve their ends. Theirs is an ideological agenda, a political philosophy opposed to American ideals of freedom. Climate Hustle 2 will pull back the curtain and expose the hypocrisy, efforts at making a new “green” religion, indoctrination of children in the classroom, and the flow of trillions of dollars into a massive hidden war on our culture, and much, much more.

sigh

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

🎵 I'm blue
Yeah I'm a blue Shrek, guy
Step a foot in my swamp
And you're gonna die 🎵
Didn't he hit his head or survive a rare disease or get hit by a bus and that's why he's doing this poo poo?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

He's had a couple strokes but iirc none of his co-stars on Hercules had kind things to say about him anyways.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

duz posted:

He's had a couple strokes but iirc none of his co-stars on Hercules had kind things to say about him anyways.
According to Haley Webb he's all about what Jesus would do.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Climate denial really should be viewed by the culture in the same way Holocaust denial is. In some ways it's worse since we're literally living through it.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

duz posted:

Also Sonic randomly calls Jim Carrey Dr. Eggman twice for no reason, otherwise it's all Dr Robotnik.
He calls him Eggman as an insult.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Supersonic Shine posted:

He calls him Eggman as an insult.

I meant more he hadn't become his usual egg shape where it would make sense to call him that.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

duz posted:

Just looking over the schedule of upcoming movies and I spot Kevin Sorbo's face.

sigh
It's not like it is some great loss. Hercules was always poo poo, Xena was the superior show:colbert:

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

🎵 I'm blue
Step a foot in my swamp
And you're gonna die 🎵

duz posted:

While at the same time everyone loves Lucy Lawless.

poo poo, I think even Bruce Campbell struggled to find nice things to say about Sorbo in his first book.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Reminder that Portrait of a Lady in Fire is now out in theaters, and will be expanding over the coming weeks.

Heard quite a few critics call it one of the best movies they’ve ever seen.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

duz posted:

I meant more he hadn't become his usual egg shape where it would make sense to call him that.

Sonic calls him Eggman because of his flying drones, which are white and vahuely egg shaped.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

feedmyleg posted:

Hey, the host is nice! They also did the hilarious Ninja the Mission Force.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx2WsVbKdzU

(It's too bad Brad turned out to be an rear end in a top hat)

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Robot Style posted:

Sonic calls him Eggman because of his flying drones, which are white and vahuely egg shaped.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

MonsieurChoc posted:

Hey, the host is nice!

Yeah. But he's a dork. Every time I've introduced someone to the channel they give me a "...really?" look before the content kicks in.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Does robotnik go into sonics world at the end and turn fat?

Also speaking of xena, why cant we get a new spinoff of it?? Get on it, L-word writers

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

🎵 I'm blue
Step a foot in my swamp
And you're gonna die 🎵

got any sevens posted:

No, he goes to Sonic to get fat in a really weird bit of product placement.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Fantasy Island gets the reception you'd expect for a movie with no pre-release reviews.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

lol

I'm going to see it tonight. Expectations are low.

e: I saw it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4Fvsgv0bYw

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Feb 15, 2020

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

got any sevens posted:

Also speaking of xena, why cant we get a new spinoff of it?? Get on it, L-word writers

They were working on a reboot of it but it fell flat and got canceled. Probably for the best.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Hollywood: "check it: Fantasy Island: reboot of a boomer show nobody remembers"

audiences: "ain't like I'm gonna watch something original"

Hollywood: "As a horror movie!"

audiences (who do remember): "Weird curveball but okay. Horror is hot these days"

Hollywood: "rated pg13!!!"

audiences: :what:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Alan Smithee posted:

Hollywood: "check it: Fantasy Island: reboot of a boomer show nobody remembers"

audiences: "ain't like I'm gonna watch something original"

Hollywood: "As a horror movie!"

audiences (who do remember): "Weird curveball but okay. Horror is hot these days"

Hollywood: "rated pg13!!!"

audiences: :what:

The 2019 Banana Splits movie adaptation was also a slasher/horror film but at least it was rated R
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlgFo_Q9fE4

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Who did they recast as Villechaize?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

The Peccadillo posted:

Who did they recast as Villechaize?

According to the Wikipedia plot outline his character isn't in the film at first, but Jimmy O. Yang starts the movie as one of the island guests and at the end he elects to stay and takes on the name Tattoo. And before you ask, I googled and he's 5'5".

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

According to the Wikipedia plot outline his character isn't in the film at first, but Jimmy O. Yang starts the movie as one of the island guests and at the end he elects to stay and takes on the name Tattoo. And before you ask, I googled and he's 5'5".

Oh, please tell me they didn't have him say "De plane! De plane!" in his Jian-Yang voice. :gonk:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Sonic movie was not bad, but so many of those trailers were a whole mess of "Who Greenlit this?" What stands out most is the Scooby Doo reboot. I guess I didn't even like Scooby Doo when I was a kid but drat is that trailer terrible and long and do they really think that what is missing from that show was faux-sentimentality? Also the new Minions movie looks loving awful but I know why they greenlit that, because people are idiots, but it's going to suck when like half the Olympics commercials are for either Mike Bloomberg or Minions 3.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Rick posted:

Sonic movie was not bad, but so many of those trailers were a whole mess of "Who Greenlit this?" What stands out most is the Scooby Doo reboot. I guess I didn't even like Scooby Doo when I was a kid but drat is that trailer terrible and long and do they really think that what is missing from that show was faux-sentimentality? Also the new Minions movie looks loving awful but I know why they greenlit that, because people are idiots, but it's going to suck when like half the Olympics commercials are for either Mike Bloomberg or Minions 3.

Have you seen Bloomberg's campaign? You will get Bloomberg ads featuring Minions.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I can’t even imagine how many symbols the Qanon people will find in the minions movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I assume Bloomberg will be gone by then, however, Minions are forever :unsmigghh: