Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Ben Garrison might make for a good episode. Or Jack Chick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Vince McMahon is a perfect choice!

I think the problem with Garrison and Chick is that there's not enough biographical information about them. There are whole books written about Vince being a weird gently caress.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I’m not saying they need a behind the bastards episode yet, but the pod save guys being on the board of the company that funded shadow, the company that just hosed up the Iowa caucus results seems shady and fucky. Especially since they promoted that company on air without disclosing their ties.

Mostly I wanted to bellyache about them.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I’m 100 percent on board with a Vince episode if, and only if, this is an episode that plays this clip in its entirely

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kujo7V9m0gk

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Testekill posted:

Vince McMahon? It's fake sport but the dude is an absolute monster.

Vince is kind of a well known piece of poo poo that would take a while to get through his bastardry. Also almost an actual literal bastard as well.

You have his aggressive monopoly seeking, Wendy Richter, federal steroid prosecution he got acquitted on, the ringboy scandal all before '92

a lesser known piece of poo poo would be the Fabulous Moolah who was a woman wrestler who ran a wrestling training school that she also pimped her trainees out to promoters and male wrestlers

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Feb 5, 2020

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Testekill posted:

Vince McMahon? It's fake sport but the dude is an absolute monster.

Oh, Vince would be perfect.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

You have his aggressive monopoly seeking, Wendy Richter, federal steroid prosecution he got acquitted on, the ringboy scandal all before '92
Much worse than loving over Richter specifically is his decades-long boosting of...

quote:

a lesser known piece of poo poo would be the Fabulous Moolah who was a woman wrestler who ran a wrestling training school that she also pimped her trainees out to promoters and male wrestlers
gently caress, you edited it!

In addition to the human trafficking, which is of course much worse, Moolah is pretty much singlehandedly the reason that women's wrestling in the US was a joke for decades.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Halloween Jack posted:

Much worse than loving over Richter specifically is his decades-long boosting of...

gently caress, you edited it!

In addition to the human trafficking, which is of course much worse, Moolah is pretty much singlehandedly the reason that women's wrestling in the US was a joke for decades.

Eh, I was really trying to think of lesser known wrestling bastards. WCW never really had anyone as long term as Vince, even if their management ping pinged around as being just as racist for a very long time and actually faced a racial discrimination lawsuit that exposed a ton of wrestlers salaries.

It's a hilarious story of corruption and mismanagement though.

Paul Heyman is an utter bastard.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Jim Barnett would be worth doing, since his scandals (i.e. sexual predation) cross over from wrestling to college sports.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Behind the Bastards has been my gateway podcast. I have 9-10 different pods now from week to week but it was sweet baby BtB that got me hooked. The WeWork episode was the one I’ve most recently really enjoyed.

I remember Robert saying in one of the earlier episodes I listened to that he won’t really focus on new wave right wing grifters like Ben Shapiro or Candace Owens so much because they’ve had a relatively small impact on the planet at large and that BtB wants to be focusing on people who have genuinely made the world a worse place by having existed in it despite only being a single human being. Like the episode about the Reagan’s psychic who may have engineered the AIDS epidemic, that sort of thing.

A Winston Churchill episode would be amazing, and I’ll just echo that your fraternity and chemistry with Billy Wayne Davis is just fantastic. I have a lot of love for your cracked/comedy family but BWD is the unofficial co-host of the show as far as I’m concerned, he’s certainly contributed the most machetes.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I think Evans is more likely to focus on the shadowy and lesser-known zillionaires behind pieces of poo poo like Shapiro and Owens, who are replaceable and interchangeable. Which is good.

Speaking of which, if you enjoy deep dives on obscure but influential horrible people, I Don't Speak German goes into some of the horrible individuals on the far right that Evans mentions often.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah I wanna clarify that I just liked the Wohl episode because I felt like Robert/Katie/Cody have great chemistry but now that they have a whole podcast together I’d rather we spend more time with BWD or Sophie, she was great in the Holiday episode.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Grubstakers already did an amazing episode on Vince McMahon.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/why_sophie_why/status/1225303048878096390?s=21

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/why_sophie_why/status/1225579865098731521?s=19

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
can a mod rename this thread to "Machetes! ...and Anderson pics"

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

i always assumed she was like a retriever/bigger dog type deal. still really cute.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Anderson is an impossibly photogenic dog

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
funny young stalin story. my aunt says my great grandfather knew him for his young days and some vague stuff about horses. i think thats probably all bullshit but i will try to get the story. I believe my GGF was in the cavalry during ww1 and possibly the revolution/civil war. i know he came to the states and my area around 1922 or so and became a giant drunk and had to split up the kids in orphanages.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1226601270535835648?s=19

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/why_sophie_why/status/1225915299838361600?s=19

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

I am VERY JEALOUS of Sophie’s Lisa Hanawalt shirt

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

teen witch posted:

I am VERY JEALOUS of Sophie’s Lisa Hanawalt shirt

It's a good looking shirt.

Do they have it in blue?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
this is a Taurus safe space, Jamie

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

That geico "pickup basketball" ad is loving awful.
On the other hand that dog is awesome.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Where I live I’ll get so many audio Bloomberg ads I really don’t mind anything else at this point

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I don’t watch TV or listen to the radio. The only media I consume is Hulu/Netflix/Podcasts and as a result I hear advertisements maybe 3-4 times a week at most unless they are playing publicly like the TV at a bar. I have no sense of what ads are playing when or where and I will never, ever go back to commercials.

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Feb 13, 2020

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Bust Rodd posted:

I don’t watch TV or listen to the radio. The only media I consume is Hulu/Netflix/Podcasts and as a result I hear advertisements maybe 3-4 times a week at most unless they are playing public ally like the TV at a bar. I have no sense of what ads are playing when or where and I will never, ever go back to commercials.

Same. I've been watching some pro rasslin' lately on TNT and seeing commercials is terrible. I forgot the stilted, awkward way that people talk in ads, and being reintroduced to that work is awful.

That basketball ad wouldn't be quite so bad for me if I haven't been hearing it all the goddamned time, sometimes twice in a row. That's the one that really gets me. Hearing it repeat was confusing as hell.

The New York Times
Mar 2, 2013

Call
1-800-NYTIMES for FREE home delivery

Bust Rodd posted:

I don’t watch TV or listen to the radio. The only media I consume is Hulu/Netflix/Podcasts and as a result I hear advertisements maybe 3-4 times a week at most unless they are playing publicly like the TV at a bar. I have no sense of what ads are playing when or where and I will never, ever go back to commercials.

Same here, now when I hear someone talk about all the ads they’re seeing I feel Iike I’m talking to a masochist.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

The New York Times posted:

Same here, now when I hear someone talk about all the ads they’re seeing I feel Iike I’m talking to a masochist.

This is why I listen to episodes when they are download and press the fast forward button when ads come up.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Samovar posted:

This is why I listen to episodes when they are download and press the fast forward button when ads come up.

I listen to aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaads about products and services because I'm usually listening to podcasts while driving and skipping a minute of ads isn't worth screwing around with my phone. On the other hand the guy saying "theres a guy who doesn't pass the rock" sounds so tragically dorky I can't help but think of the Lonely Island "We like sports" song when I hear it.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
I would just like to note that Robert casually dropping "Oh by the way Ace of Base were probably Nazis" like that was poo poo we all knew or at least were mentally prepared for was cruel

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I would just like to note that Robert casually dropping "Oh by the way Ace of Base were probably Nazis" like that was poo poo we all knew or at least were mentally prepared for was cruel

One was a Nazi and recanted, thankfully. The rest are aggressively bland people playing aggressively bland Swedish pop that I inexplicably like.

Though that thing about Sweden and the nazis, lol, yeah, it’s showing that they hid out here at times nowerdays.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

An all white, blonde, blue eyed group of Europeans? I feel very comfortable making an assumption that at least one person in that group has questionable ideas about minorities.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

teen witch posted:

One was a Nazi and recanted, thankfully. The rest are aggressively bland people playing aggressively bland Swedish pop that I inexplicably like.

Though that thing about Sweden and the nazis, lol, yeah, it’s showing that they hid out here at times nowerdays.

Yeah that much I had known. Then I read the article Robert mentioned and while I think there's one or two stretches in it, it ain't all stretches is the thing (I never saw the video for "All That She Wants," for instance, and now that I have.... uugh).

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah that much I had known. Then I read the article Robert mentioned and while I think there's one or two stretches in it, it ain't all stretches is the thing (I never saw the video for "All That She Wants," for instance, and now that I have.... uugh).

To be fair, Swedes are oddly keen on candelabras that looks like menorahs, and there’s that whole Raggare thing, but as an American witch of color here, it’s likely equal parts absolute naïveté and dashes of “this is neat and I refuse to understand any cultural significance! what a motif”....and genuine bigotry.

Also if they were more Nazi than the one, that tea would have spilled years ago, but stranger things have happened (ask me about Nogger ice cream! And negerchokladbollar! And weird white dude thirst here).

Anywho, yesterday’s episode was fantastic and I’d like more poo poo about esoteric fascism as someone who is openly kinda occult, that poo poo is everywhere and I’d like to have my gay little candle rituals in peace.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The endless D&D nerdlinger component of Fascism is so funny (kinda).

I used to run a LARPing summer camp, it was basically improv theater and combat sports, and we had a really great run of about 10 years, 5 of which I was Executive Director. Starting around 2013-2014, a big chunk of our campers turned into HARDCORE milsim nerds and went deep into airsoft/paintball tacticool stuff, and at first I was turned off by the heavy emphasis on guns for kids, but figured it was mostly harmless... until they started showing up with increasingly more and more German equipment and costuming and eventually I had to have a big sit down with everyone in 2016 and explain “there is no ironic fascism. I didn’t train you all to be Nazis, and we have a lot of Jewish and POC campers who aren’t happy. It’s not that we don’t “get” the joke, it’s that it’s not a joke, it’s using comedy as a smokescreen to obfuscate hate speech.”

So when Robert basically wrote a book about that exact thing that’s when I knew “drat this dude knows what’s up” and I’m not REMOTELY surprised to discover he’s a WH40K Grog.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

teen witch posted:

Also if they were more Nazi than the one, that tea would have spilled years ago, but stranger things have happened (ask me about Nogger ice cream! And negerchokladbollar! And weird white dude thirst here).

I swear every time I see that ice cream I do a double take. At least they got rid of the yellowface icon for that Kina brand snack, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Samovar posted:

I swear every time I see that ice cream I do a double take. At least they got rid of the yellowface icon for that Kina brand snack, though.

what sucks even worse is that it’s a decent pop but then the name and it curdles on the tongue

I’m happy to hear about the Kina snacks cause that was A Normal Thing To See, No Questions At All. Here’s hoping “indian” corn is next, or the best seltzer I’ve had here with this :chloe: of a name