Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
For real lol, what's the case on hum here outside of feels and some lack of decent answers on their part?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I will say that AA or someone said earlier Amni isn't the type to run a gambit but I actually feel like he absolutely would do something like fake a PR to distract the town

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Hal Incandenza posted:

I will say that AA or someone said earlier Amni isn't the type to run a gambit but I actually feel like he absolutely would do something like fake a PR to distract the town

I'm coming around on this as well, and I was just noting that it was uncharacteristic of him, but if it was a ploy? and I already consider much of his early game questionable...

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Hal Incandenza posted:

##vote hun

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Whatever...

##vote hum

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

:redhammer:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
:goofy:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Mr. Humalong (9): Sandwolf, merk, Amnistar, Dragonatrix, b-minus1, b-minus1, Retro Futurist, Eat The Rich, Retro Futurist, Eat The Rich, Sandwolf, Amnistar, Sandwolf, merk, Ruggan, merk, MegaZeroX, Nep-Nep, dmboogie, Hunt11, Amnistar
Amnistar (2): GulagDolls, dmboogie, Eat The Rich, dmboogie
Hal Incandenza (1): merk, b-minus1, merk, merk, merk
Retro Futurist (0): dmboogie, dmboogie, Amnistar, Amnistar
Hunt11 (0): Sandwolf, Sandwolf
Eat The Rich (0): b-minus1, b-minus1
Leith Maclaine (0): Nep-Nep, Amnistar, Amnistar, Nep-Nep

Not Voting (5): Anomalous Amalgam, Hal Incandenza, Leith Maclaine, Mr. Humalong, Retro Futurist

With 17 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 14th, 2020 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 3 hours, 46 minutes.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
During the day Fiona Uffermann, well known socialite and proponent of Alwine Foundery ltd., was at the baker shop in the town square when the baker and several customers noticed that she started speaking nonsense. Eyes bulging, shaking, and rattling she came to a stop right there at the check out, never to move again. While it looked like Mrs. Uffermann, in reality her skin only bared a life-like hue and was hard, cool, and hollow to touch. Unfortunately, before authorities could conduct a more thorough investigation the thing that was going by Uffermann toppled over and shattered into ball joints and porcelain at the baker’s hands, who claim it stopped in a precarious position.

A disturbing incident! While the Uffermann and Becker constructs appeared to be somewhat different, no one could doubt that their cases seemed somewhat similar. The fact that someone else is missing, and may have been turned into a construct could not be ignored by the towns people, they had missed their mark on Altermen.

The mob gathered once more to perform their twisted vision of justice. This time against some of the proprietary private investigators contracted out by the police as part of the investigation. The townsfolk did not trust their skill with the neo-alchemical technologies that caused their names to be known far and wide. While there were many other industry leaders with that kind of knowledge in Bad Wunnenburg, these folks had much less people under their payroll and perhaps became easy targets for the circulating rumour mill. When they didn’t immediately produce results they were cornered and put to the torch. Cilly Schur, ‘Wind-Up’ watcher, a producer of sophisticated clockwork surveillance packages and Lars Wolfsohn, a master clock-smith capable of sussing out the presence of dolls through his years of experience of working on cutting edge mechanical-alchemical structures were executed by the town. However, investigations after their deaths yielded no evidence that they could have done the deeds.

Paranoia gripped the townsfolk.

George Kansas, Cilly Schur, Town-Aligned ‘Wind-Up’ (Even Night) Watcher was executed day 2!

Mr. Humalong, Lars Wolfsohn, Town-Aligned Clocksmith was executed day 2!

Night 2 begins! Please try to have your actions in within 24 hours!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

For failing to reach 10 posts today, Eat The Rich will be freely executable tomorrow!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Morning ones again shines on the Bad Wunnenburg. The people rouse themselves from their slumber, seemingly unharmed.

The headline of today's paper reads:

Your friendly news correspondent still has no updates. This luck is disappointing them. Cult is doing well right now. I would advise going for Amni, Nep-Nep, or RF today. Amni because they may have been faking it after IP, and Nep-Nep/RF because their post history is scummy. I hope a town will case all 3 today

-----------------------------------

No one died N2!

Day 3 will end Monday, 10pm EST.

Eat the Rich is freely executable today, and will flip end of day if you do so!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (16): Amnistar, Anomalous Amalgam, b-minus1, dmboogie, Dragonatrix, Eat The Rich, GulagDolls, Hal Incandenza, Hunt11, Leith Maclaine, MegaZeroX, merk, Nep-Nep, Retro Futurist, Ruggan, Sandwolf

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 17th, 2020 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 days, 1 hour.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

nice work town. unironically feels over reals.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Toalpaz posted:

Your friendly news correspondent still has no updates. This luck is disappointing them. Cult is doing well right now. I would advise going for Amni, Nep-Nep, or RF today. Amni because they may have been faking it after IP, and Nep-Nep/RF because their post history is scummy. I hope a town will case all 3 today

No, clearly we should continue to cull the lurkers from the thread.

##vote ETR

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

GulagDolls posted:

Seriously. I hate being right

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

That was a scary night.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

GulagDolls posted:

Well you don’t seem to be a doll at least

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

quote:

This luck is disappointing them. Cult is doing well right now. I would advise going for Amni, Nep-Nep, or RF today. Amni because they may have been faking it after IP, and Nep-Nep/RF because their post history is scummy. I hope a town will case all 3 today

Some radio chatter?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Some radio chatter?

Is this a NYT crossword clue?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So did anyone find anything useful last night or should we just proceed to deal ETR and then figure out if we should nip Amni in the bud for that random burst of bullshit?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hunt11 posted:

So did anyone find anything useful last night or should we just proceed to deal ETR and then figure out if we should nip Amni in the bud for that random burst of bullshit?

That didn't seem to work so hot yesterday, do you want to kill ETR for reasons beyond it being free

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Eat The Rich posted:

I'd like to give GK a chance to make some posts before voting him.

Regardless of what is decided, ETR should be given the same chance imo

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
No additional information was provided to me over night. Waiting to vote ETR until late tomorrow to give them time to post.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

l;ol;.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Imagine a world where we lunched someone else besides gk and humalong.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

##vote amni

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

b-minus1 posted:

Imagine a world where we lunched someone else besides gk and humalong.

I know right! Who is responsible for these things!?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Hal Incandenza posted:

That didn't seem to work so hot yesterday, do you want to kill ETR for reasons beyond it being free

Nothing about them sticks out about them to justify a vote besides the lack of content.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

GulagDolls posted:

##vote amni

You don't need to vote for me. I'll die at the end of the day today.

You can just leave me alone, and the problem will resolve itself!

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

b-minus1 posted:

if we lunch gk and he flips town i will not be surprised. i have seen him abandon numerous mafia games in the past

b-minus1 posted:

i guess its early enough to just get rid of him, but im really not happy with that late shift to steak.

b-minus1 posted:

So basically scum had their choice of two towns yesterday. Great

b-minus1 posted:

idk i just read rf's posts and im not seeing anything scummy

b-minus1 posted:

If gk flips scum then hum is probably town. Imo

b-minus1 posted:

Seriously. I hate being right

Pretty simple case but I think this is a b-minus scum game, since start of day 2 has been more interested in distancing from votes he possibly knows were bad ones, doesn't make any real calls of scum reads, seems to be more interested in just throwing out town opinions and not actually looking for scum.

##vote b-minus

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Feeling okay about Leith after that post looking for hints in another game, that was unusual but that seems to me like town actually trying to seek out a hidden signal and not something manufactured

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

GulagDolls posted:

##vote amni

It seemed initially to me like you were claiming some sort of result before Amni's weird posting yesterday, what was your rationale behind not pressing harder for Amni yesterday and your seeming confidence about this vote right now

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

merk posted:

...which is why we think steak errantly claimed a piece of his role not realizing the implication of him being cult leader being revealed. Are you following along? This sounds super fake.

##vote Humalong

this is a pretty lovely early vote on Hum. Hum is correct in the idea that steak is a wonky player, and nothing that Hum says is wrong.

merk posted:

Humalong taking Steak's claim at complete face value is the actual scummiest thing to happen today. ##vote Humalong

Doubling down later on the exact same thing. Nothing about any other activity, just believing steak.

merk posted:

I'd also vote Steak because I think he might have slipped with that claim.

Except in the very next post they also call for the death of steak. There is a distinct diconnect here, these two scum reads are being created in isolation of each other, and not by someone reeacting to the thread as a whole.

merk posted:

Ok. ##vote GK

merk posted:

I think GK flips scum for clarity.

Merk thinks GK is scum...because of something Sandwolf said...but they also think:

merk posted:

A Sandwolf vote is a good vote today, but I also like his GK case. It's a tough spot.

There is more here, but I think this is enough to make the clear case that Merk is scum.
##vote Merk

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Also, Merk's response to my insanity yesterday was confusing. Either you believe that I have a PR or you don't. If I have a PR, then what Sandwolf was doing, and see what you can get through it. If you think it's bullshit, then press it and call it out.

Merk does neither. Saying gently caress PRs and we should Ignore amni.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Also, sorry for yesterday, we should probably get rid of the lurker, but I suspect I won't be able to get buy-in on that again.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Nep-Nep posted:

not pressing harder for Amni yesterday

gently caress you

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

GulagDolls posted:

gently caress you

that's no dayvig but ya sure broke my heart :(

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
So, I'm just gonna point out that immediately before Amni started posting absurdly weirdly:

GulagDolls posted:

i literally know with 100% of my spiritual power that amnistar is not only evil, but also, he rolled scum in this game.

Amnistar posted:

Well poo poo, if you found me then alright, cool. Not quite right though, didn't roll scum, was recruited night 1. gently caress AA.

GulagDolls posted:

and there it is....turbo now. no talk

Which is an incredibly weird thing to post, even by Gulag's arcane standards. Since we know that Hum was town, the Amni distraction is still incredibly weird but Gulag wanting people to just vote for Amni without even stopping to think about it is even moreso. That's actively directing attention towards the distraction right before it actually happened.

The only question here is why? Gulag sure doesn't seem to have anything to gain out of this, so what's the deal?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

im very suspicious of people who bring up my 'arcane standards' despite us never playing in a game together or else interacting in any way at all before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

hi everyone I’ll be mostly absent tonight and part of tomorrow, keep it real