Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

stop caring about jim cornette IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

At this point any major company has to see Cornette as a liability. Why risk 23 loving million dollars to get 'heat'.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

flashy_mcflash posted:

At this point any major company has to see Cornette as a liability. Why risk 23 loving million dollars to get 'heat'.

Cornette's mindset is you should absolutely lose 23 million dollars if it'll get you heat.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Goldenboy is a bigger wrestling fan and better desk guy than JR, and while his schedule is probably too busy with better paying gigs to do AEW full-time I like that he did it a little bit and managed to fit it in because calling a wrestling show was his ultimate dream

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

https://twitter.com/LocalSoundwave/status/1227689357987008512?s=19

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Yukaichiban posted:

"I'll bet you Jericho Moxley and Cody are the only guys with a record above 50/50"... flat out false assumption by Jim while discussing and burying the idea of records.

In 2019 22 people had 500 or over records.

In 2020 35 people are at 500 or above

Being 19 or 32 off ain't bad.

How would that even work unless everyone was wrestling Jericho and Cody all the time?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Even when I don't shave, I don't look like I'm about to start a sentence with "I do declare."

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVcyNANK5cY

Every time I see Cornette I think of this super old video

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Do you think he is in love with hate? Are we in love with hate? Do we love his hate? Would we miss it if it was gone? Why is it so hard to disengage with things that bring us only misery? It would be so easy to just consign him to the void otherwise.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I mean I've posted before that this thread should be gassed or closed and posts about Cornette be discouraged completely because nothing of value would be lost and the old racist fucker is desperately grasping for any attention at all

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I'm pretty sure that the thing keeping Cornette around isn't a mock thread on a dead internet comedy forums.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I mean I've posted before that this thread should be gassed or closed and posts about Cornette be discouraged completely because nothing of value would be lost and the old racist fucker is desperately grasping for any attention at all
It's a quarantine thread, and I'd rather have discussion limited to one thread I could easily avoid instead of it infecting every other thread I read. Maybe I'd feel differently if Cornette or a Cornette fanboy/troll posted on SA going "Well, actually..." all the time but that isn't the case.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. That's why i sit on the toelet every drat day, and why this thread needs to exist

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cornette keeps fighting with Meltzer online so it’s a work imo. Meltzer may or may not be in on it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Cornette is the weakest poster in the history of the world. There are grandmas on NextDoor that have more posting strength.

https://twitter.com/JohnTitor45/status/1228721157483847680

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

check out the newbie tweet poster above!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

MassRafTer posted:

Cornette is the weakest poster in the history of the world. There are grandmas on NextDoor that have more posting strength.

https://twitter.com/JohnTitor45/status/1228721157483847680

Deleted..

What happened?

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1228749503173259264

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Dave telling someone to dig upward still makes me laugh thinking about it

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Hmmm, Cornette making GBS threads on matches involving Tsuruta, Misawa, Hokuto and Kandori? I sure have no idea what those 4 have in common. I really don't. In fact, I'm curious as to what may colour the shouty fuckman's opinion on the matter.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Imagine what an absolute dunderhead you'd have to be to claim that a Misawa-Tsuruta match lacks psychology.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Yukaichiban posted:

I'll admit to not listening and seeing the quote on reddit.

lol at this

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
As noted, in full context it was mostly JR saying "no poo poo Sherlock" to Cornette's more legit criticisms.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

sounds like something someone from oklahoma would say

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Gaz-L posted:

no poo poo Sherlock

Dig upwards, watson

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Cerebral Bore posted:

Imagine what an absolute dunderhead you'd have to be to claim that a Misawa-Tsuruta match lacks psychology.

I'm gonna go ahead and assume the match is probably from early-90's All Japan, where the in-ring product was pretty much built entirely around psychology and long-term storytelling.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Cornette has established at this point he think there's only one way to do pro wrestling psychology & anything that isn't it is bad. It's loving dumb because you'd think an old timer would be all "whatever draws is good" but eh, can hardly say you're stunned by hypocrisy.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

It's legit because he's a racist

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Neodoomium posted:

It's legit because he's a racist

I mean you’re not wrong. But he’s always had good stuff to say about Tiger Mask, The Great Kabuki and Muta, but that’s because he worked with him (except Tiger Mask I believe) so in his head they’re smart.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
matches have psychology and selling if the participants have the right skin color

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Brian Hildebrand was absolutely the man, though. An astonishing worker and student of the game who was only ever hired as a referee or guy in a costumer because he was too small. Ironically he would have been perfect for the midcard of the AEW roster.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Lamuella posted:

Brian Hildebrand was absolutely the man, though. An astonishing worker and student of the game who was only ever hired as a referee or guy in a costumer because he was too small. Ironically he would have been perfect for the midcard of the AEW roster.

In Mick Foley's first book he talks about Hildebrand spending hours studying tapes of Japanese wrestling. So if he was around today he'd not only be a perfect fit for AEW, but probably a big target for the rage of Cornette and his chud fanboys.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Vagabundo posted:

I'm gonna go ahead and assume the match is probably from early-90's All Japan, where the in-ring product was pretty much built entirely around psychology and long-term storytelling.
Misawa unmasked in 1990 and Jumbo was done as a top guy after getting hepatitis in 1992, so...yeah. And early '90s AJPW had none of the questionable excess that would come later, so that's...interesting. Especially since Hokuto-Kandori is also a gritty storytelling epic.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The_Rob posted:

I mean you’re not wrong. But he’s always had good stuff to say about Tiger Mask, The Great Kabuki and Muta, but that’s because he worked with him (except Tiger Mask I believe) so in his head they’re smart.

All three of those guys would leave Cornette in an alleyway if he so much as looked at them funny. The problem with today’s wrestlers is they’re not unhinged psychopaths.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

The_Rob posted:

"one of the good ones" is still racist

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

folks i miss the old days when a KoЯnette was only mildly belligerent, racist, and incoherent!

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

coconono posted:

Cornette keeps fighting with Meltzer online so it’s a work imo. Meltzer may or may not be in on it.
People don't do this. Trolls aren't real. Trolls have never been real.Nobody spends years pretending to have an opinion they don't and pretending to be really angry about it unless they actually believe the thing.

That's just something the worst loving people on Earth say when somebody catches them being an absolute piece of poo poo.

Shitposters like, uh... some we have here? Sure. Absolutely. People absolutely find genuine enjoyment in absurdism. But just being a loving rear end in a top hat about something as a gimmick?

You can't be racist ironically.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

People don't do this. Trolls aren't real. Trolls have never been real.Nobody spends years pretending to have an opinion they don't and pretending to be really angry about it unless they actually believe the thing.

That's just something the worst loving people on Earth say when somebody catches them being an absolute piece of poo poo.

Shitposters like, uh... some we have here? Sure. Absolutely. People absolutely find genuine enjoyment in absurdism. But just being a loving rear end in a top hat about something as a gimmick?

You can't be racist ironically.

Believing something or not doesn’t make someone not a troll you can have racist beliefs and still be a troll. A troll is just someone who deliberately says something to push buttons. What they believe or not doesn’t really matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Deleted..

What happened?

Jim said Dave was on his period.