Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt
now all this remake needs is the P5 text chats between the different avalanche members

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Barret: Lets go Merc!
Cloud: *ollies off train* Right.

*screen fades to black

*fake twitter page appears next to 'Loading....'
Cloud: really nervous about my first mission!! <3 #planetsdyin

i want to see cloud get into a twitter feud about stolen valour

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

cock hero flux posted:

i want to see cloud get into a twitter feud about stolen valour

What the gently caress did you just loving say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my First class in the SOILDIER, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Wutai, and I have over 300 confirmed level ups. I am trained in THE BLADE and I'm the top SOILDIER in all of Midgar. You are nothing to me but just another experience point. I will wipe you the gently caress out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Gia, mark my loving words. You think you can get away with saying that poo poo to me over the train system? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of AVALANCHE across the the Slums and your Lifestream is being traced right now so you better prepare for Thundaga, maggot. The thundaga that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're loving dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my Buster Sword. Not only am I extensively trained in THE BLADE, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Shin-Ra Electric Power Company's Summon Materia and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable rear end off the face of the continent, you little poo poo. If only you could have known what Alexander's holy judgement your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your loving tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will cast Leviathan's Tsunami all over you and you will drown in it. You're loving dead, kiddo.

Rich Uncle Chet fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Feb 14, 2020

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011
wait does Shinra even have any summons? Titan's in the ruined reactor at Gongaga, and Hades is in the sunken ship, and I think that's it?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Rosalie_A posted:

wait does Shinra even have any summons? Titan's in the ruined reactor at Gongaga, and Hades is in the sunken ship, and I think that's it?

I think those are implied to be the byproducts of the mako reactors there, not something in use by Shinra personnel

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

IIRC the idea is that Shinra has summons (since Zack, the Turks and Genesis had ones) but they were so rare that they only gave them to their elite of the elite.

Remember that summon materias are absurdly rare. It is only protagonist syndrome that helps you load up on them

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

It might also be that the Head of Weapons Development (AKA Scarlet) is obsessed with huge materia and straight up doesn't care about run-of-the-mill summon materia. Like she thinks Titan is trash when she finds it in Gongaga and leaves it behind.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

have I lost my mind or isn't it straight up text that powerful materia coalesces in mako reactors, such as huge materia?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

grieving for Gandalf posted:

have I lost my mind or isn't it straight up text that powerful materia coalesces in mako reactors, such as huge materia?

Yes that’s the plot.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

What the gently caress did you just loving say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my First class in the SOILDIER, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Wutai, and I have over 300 confirmed level ups. I am trained in THE BLADE and I'm the top SOILDIER in all of Midgar. You are nothing to me but just another experience point. I will wipe you the gently caress out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Gia, mark my loving words. You think you can get away with saying that poo poo to me over the train system? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of AVALANCHE across the the Slums and your Lifestream is being traced right now so you better prepare for Thundaga, maggot. The thundaga that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're loving dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my Buster Sword. Not only am I extensively trained in THE BLADE, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Shin-Ra Electric Power Company's Summon Materia and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable rear end off the face of the continent, you little poo poo. If only you could have known what Alexander's holy judgement your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your loving tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will cast Leviathan's Tsunami all over you and you will drown in it. You're loving dead, kiddo.

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A MATERIA INTO THE SLOT. IT’S MIMIC AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, YUFFIE. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME SHIN-RA BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE PLANETS MOST DANGEROUS PRISON. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

grieving for Gandalf posted:

Not just the reactors, but caves as well. That's how you get Knights of the Round and other rare Materia.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Only a scientific genius like Hojo could come up with a name such as Huge Materia. Gast was a poser.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Kheldarn posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A MATERIA INTO THE SLOT. IT’S MIMIC AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, YUFFIE. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME SHIN-RA BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE PLANETS MOST DANGEROUS PRISON. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

im permabanned SOLDIER mooglestomperLVIII. i first started doing Mako when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of “Reunion” and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like “SE-PHI-ROTH” and “this guy are sick” in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on heal materia. i always wondered what the kind of “Jenova” style of the Lifestream was all about; i think it’s the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who “get” Jenova to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to Sephiroth. peace.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Yuffie's dialogue should just be nothing but quoting dril tweets verbatim

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Zutaten posted:

im permabanned SOLDIER mooglestomperLVIII. i first started doing Mako when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of “Reunion” and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like “SE-PHI-ROTH” and “this guy are sick” in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on heal materia. i always wondered what the kind of “Jenova” style of the Lifestream was all about; i think it’s the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who “get” Jenova to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to Sephiroth. peace.

someone needs to do the Corrupted Vor Monologue, i don't think i have the chops or the anti-cringe gland to pull it off

(e) I was wrong and it worked better than I thought??? :thunk:

Look at them, they come to this place when they know they are not pure. AVALANCHE use the keys, but they are mere trespassers. Only I, Sephiroth, know the true power of Jenova. I was cut in half, destroyed, but through it's materia, Jenova called to me. It brought me here and here I was reborn. We cannot blame these creatures, they are being led by a false SOLDIER, an impostor who knows not the secrets of Jenova. Behold AVALANCHE, come to scavenge and desecrate this sacred crater. My SOLDIERs, did I not tell of this day? Did I not prophesize this moment? Now, I will stop them. Now I am changed, reborn through the energy of the materia. Forever bound to Jenova. Let it be known, if AVALANCHE want true salvation, they will lay down their arms, and wait for the baptism of my materia. It is time. I will teach these trespassers the redemptive power of my materia. They will learn it's simple truth. AVALANCHE are lost, and they will resist. But I, Sephiroth, will cleanse this place of their impurity.

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Feb 15, 2020

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
When you were chocobo racing, I studied the blade. When you were having publix sex in full view of the Highwind, I mastered my materia. While you wasted your days at the Gold Saucer in pursuit of vanity, I cultivated my Limit Breaks. And now that the world is on fire and the WEAPONS are at the gate you have the audacity to come to me for help.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

God drat these are all great

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

My team is going to be Cid and Yuffie because nothing brings me greater joy than "Cloud's world-saving adventure with some Self Actualization on the side" happening because he was accompanied by an angry old man going through a midlife crisis and a conniving little poo poo who makes incredibly awful puns.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Kith posted:

My team is going to be Cid and Yuffie because nothing brings me greater joy than "Cloud's world-saving adventure with some Self Actualization on the side" happening because he was accompanied by an angry old man going through a midlife crisis and a conniving little poo poo who makes incredibly awful puns.

That was the team I always used.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I always ran Cloud/Barret/Tifa. Team eco terrorist is the best team.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Cloud/Cid/Cait Sith supremacy.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I liked Cloud/Tifa/Aerith and replaced Aerith with Red XIII later in the game.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Are you allowed to have Cloud off of your team, besides when it forces you to?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Cloud, Tifa, Cid
Team Chocobo Racers.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

RC Cola posted:

Are you allowed to have Cloud off of your team, besides when it forces you to?

Nope. Pretty sure you have to always have Cloud, Squall and Zidane in your party unless the plot forces them out.

Now I think on it, this was a purely PS1 restriction. It's not in SNES or PS2 FFs.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

If I could dump cloud, my ideal team of Areis, Tifa, and Yuffie would be perfect.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

NikkolasKing posted:

Nope. Pretty sure you have to always have Cloud, Squall and Zidane in your party unless the plot forces them out.

Now I think on it, this was a purely PS1 restriction. It's not in SNES or PS2 FFs.

4, you always have to have Cecil in your party. 5, you always have Bartz in your party except for the rescue sequence at the start of World 2, Galuf's fight against Exdeath in the forest of Moore, and whichever half of the Fork Tower you don't send him through if you run that in the merged world.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

V is kind of a cheat since you (technically) only have four party members the whole game.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

W.T. Fits posted:

4, you always have to have Cecil in your party. 5, you always have Bartz in your party except for the rescue sequence at the start of World 2, Galuf's fight against Exdeath in the forest of Moore, and whichever half of the Fork Tower you don't send him through if you run that in the merged world.

I don't count those because there isn't a real optional party in those games that I can recall. You always have four/five party members. There's no one to switch Cecil out with except in I guess the Advance version.

It's been a long time since I beat IV but I could swear you gain and lose party members just enough to have a full party and nothing more.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah you never have to choose party members in 4

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
Can't wait to see what Carbuncle can do with her four-digit IQ.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Red's my boy. Him and Tifa are mainstays for me

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like either Cloud Aeris Tifa or Cloud Barret Red. The former is when I'm trying to play around with magic, the latter if I just want to hit attack.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
I didn't use any of the characters who couldn't summon a Chainsaw Frankenstein

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
My team is Cloud, Barret, Aeris, and then it's Cloud, Barret, Cid. Barret is always on my team, and he's where I put all my healing materia when Aeris isn't around

Elephant Ambush posted:

Yuffie's dialogue should just be nothing but quoting dril tweets verbatim

im going to urinate all m y drat lifestream out.. dont read this if youre Shinra

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yuffie is an instagram celebrity who gets arrested for protesting against something different every month in different Countries.

Come on, you know it is true.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Don't be ridiculous

Yuffie uses TikTok

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Naw Aeris uses TikTok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU