Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great

Anything I forgot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Where the hell is my rebate email, I wanted to buy a washer this weekend <:mad:>

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

RJWaters2 posted:

Anything I forgot?

what makes milk taste pure?

MackAddie
Jul 10, 2001

They are building a Costco about 2 miles from my house. My current Costco is 15 miles away. Is it wrong that I'm considering opening day a holiday?

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Crusty Nutsack posted:

what makes milk taste pure?

I’m trying to follow along- nitrogen?

BeerEngineer
Apr 22, 2006

MackAddie posted:

Is it wrong that I'm considering opening day a holiday?

It would be wrong if you weren’t.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Savings.

It could be 40% latex paint by volume and for what I’m paying it would taste loving delicious.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

I went to Costco and did NOT get a hotdog with free refill :colbert:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

kloa posted:

No worries, Its ok not to get the refill sometimes

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

kloa posted:

did u get a slice or the turkey sando

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

i got a package of them chocolate almond biscotti, hoo boy, i tell ya what *fans self with hat*

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Okay which one of you is proselytizing in the Yahoo News comments:

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I never hit the food court.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Chinatown posted:

I had to do something at customer service and forgot to hit up the food court.

They should add another checkout screen at customer service and deliver food to you while you wait. I was in line and it felt like forever before it was my turn.

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:

Chinatown posted:

The slices have too many calories, RIP my food court romance

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Hoshi posted:

The slices have too many calories, RIP my food court romance

*laughs obesely*

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
Thank you based Costco MasterCard

Time to go get a hot dog with this bad boy

e: in the background a mug of Ethiopian coffee, batteries, and Xbox controller for pc gaming, all from the 'co :pray:

large hands fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Feb 15, 2020

life is a joke
Mar 7, 2016
What percentage are these cash back things?

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Fill your tires with Hydrogen because it is the lightest element, this will improve fuel efficiency.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

life is a joke posted:

What percentage are these cash back things?

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

large hands posted:

Thank you based Costco MasterCard

Time to go get a hot dog with this bad boy

e: in the background a mug of Ethiopian coffee, batteries, and Xbox controller for pc gaming, all from the 'co :pray:

How is the Costco Ethiopian coffee? How quickly do you go through it? Do you notice it getting old before you go through all of it?

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
My Costco Visa doesn't close-out for the month until the 21st. Have to wait another week for my 5 hundo rebate. Sigh.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Pray for me brothers and sisters, for I must descend upon the ‘Co on this, the most cursed day of the week (have to pick up a prescription)

I will take solace in the hot dog. The soda to a much lesser degree because I literally get just soda water (although it’s very nice that their fountain has that option, I hate the ones you can only get still water out of).

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

silence_kit posted:

How is the Costco Ethiopian coffee? How quickly do you go through it? Do you notice it getting old before you go through all of it?

I get a local fair trade one in two pound bags of whole beans, keep them in an airtight jar. I haven't noticed any bitterness but we drink a lot of coffee. I really like it, very smooth and sweet

life is a joke
Mar 7, 2016

Ooh not bad. I'm not as big of a 'stco-head as many other people ITT but I could see myself making a lot off this.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I got $70 back on my fancy Costco membership

I guess it barely paid for itself

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I got my $340 which is respectable. I can give memberships out for Christmas gifts.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Fallom posted:

I got $70 back on my fancy Costco membership

I guess it barely paid for itself

I just had to get a new card since my old one wasn't handed back and they were pushing the exec card hard, but I ended up just passing because yeah I don't think I'd pay for it. I don't drive (<50 miles a month), I don't shop at Costco more than just staples+cheese and clothes once a month, and we already have a good 3x dining/travel card. A simple 2% cashback (like citi double) is way more useful overall but it just depends on your lifestyle and needs. Someone who spends a loving assload on gas would benefit from it. Like to break event on an Exec membership compared to a simple 2% back-all, you'd have to spend $3000 on gas a year. If you have a simple 1% cash-back card, you would need to spend $2,000 a year on gas or $6,000 a year on Costco, or some mixed permutation of that. That's also assuming you aren't taking advantage of anb 5% Gas/Grocery/rotating/etc rewards cards, which also exist and are free.

I mean it's not a horrible card, but for basically a +$60 annual fee to have it, I don't feel like it's particularly great enough as it would initially seem compared to 2% back-all-purchases and a 5% back on categorical ones.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Feb 15, 2020

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I got my $340 for doing literally nothing. I just used my credit card the same way I'd use my debit card for all purchases, besides bills. Those are linked to my bank account. Then I just pay my card off every month.

It's definitely one of the better cash back cards. And I love cash back because again, I don't have to do anything to get free money.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

Xaris posted:

I just had to get a new card since my old one wasn't handed back and they were pushing the exec card hard, but I ended up just passing because yeah I don't think I'd pay for it. I don't drive (<50 miles a month), I don't shop at Costco more than just staples+cheese and clothes once a month, and we already have a good 3x dining/travel card. A simple 2% cashback (like citi double) is way more useful overall but it just depends on your lifestyle and needs. Someone who spends a loving assload on gas would benefit from it. Like to break event on an Exec membership compared to a simple 2% back-all, you'd have to spend $3000 on gas a year. If you have a simple 1% cash-back card, you would need to spend $2,000 a year on gas or $6,000 a year on Costco, or some mixed permutation of that. That's also assuming you aren't taking advantage of anb 5% Gas/Grocery/rotating/etc rewards cards, which also exist and are free.

I mean it's not a horrible card, but for basically a +$60 annual fee to have it, I don't feel like it's particularly great enough as it would initially seem compared to 2% back-all-purchases and a 5% back on categorical ones.

The Costco Visa card is different from the Executive Card. The only annual fee on the Visa card is that it auto-bills the normal Costco membership. It is pretty good card for being effectively a no-fee card since you were already going to pay for a Costco membership (otherwise why would you be posting in this thread?)

silence_kit fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Feb 15, 2020

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

silence_kit posted:

The Costco Visa card is different from the Executive Card. The only annual fee on the Visa card is that it auto-bills the normal Costco membership. It is pretty good card for being effectively a no-fee card since you were already going to pay for a Costco membership (otherwise why would you be posting in this thread?)

I'm pretty sure the Visa card doesn't auto renew your membership on its own, that's something you have to set up yourself. And my Costco is often pushing people to sign up for auto renew by doing giveaways like a tumbler or a backpack, which is kinda cool.

Also, to clarify a couple things on the post you quoted, gas does not count towards the 2% back on the executive membership. And there is no annual fee for the Costco Visa card. You can be on the regular membership and still have the Visa card, executive membership is not required for it.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
But getting it as your combination credit/membership card is a pro move. I forget there's a member app.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

RJWaters2 posted:

But getting it as your combination credit/membership card is a pro move. I forget there's a member app.

An underrated feature of the Costco Visa is that it's a membership card, so that's one less card in my wallet. Also I like to internally markdown all prices by 4% in the store and justify stuff I want.

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

Argyle posted:

Fuuuuuck my Costco had a bar cabinet for $349 but I didn't pay attention to the price dates and now it's back up to $449.

It was $499* on the website so I caved and ordered it. There's no way the thing would've fit in my car, so I would have needed to rent a truck or van anyway. Overall cost with free delivery is probably close to what I would have paid for warehouse + truck + dinner for a buddy to help me move it.

Will post pics when stocked with Kirkland booze.

*edit: yikes, now $599 online

Immanentized posted:

I just bought this, it's so well designed and built, well worth the $

Okay it arrived today and I'm losing my mind trying to get the doors even. I'm messing with the feet on the bottom but I can't find a sweet spot where neither door drags on the floor of the cabinet. Anybody dealt with this or similar furniture?

pepsi lover
Jan 30, 2020

by Reene
so my brother got me a costco membership for christmas

stuff i like so far:

- gas is the cheapest in the area by far

- 2.5 lb box of trident fish fillets

- bath towels. i got 2 new bath towels for $8 each and they feel like a cloud

- giant rotisserie chickens for $5

- those big plastic tubs of homemade chili

- the chicken bakes at the food court, oh my gently caress are those good

- giant bottles of generic zyrtec

- the 5 pound bags of tortellinis

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
The wild frozen salmon fillets are amazing. Huge 6-8oz fillets, they are a fantastic meal. I always have some in the freezer for a quick weeknight meal of fish rice.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Suspect Bucket posted:

The wild frozen salmon fillets are amazing. Huge 6-8oz fillets, they are a fantastic meal. I always have some in the freezer for a quick weeknight meal of fish rice.

100% agreed, we keep a bag in the house at all times.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

RJWaters2 posted:

I prefer my free business membership to paying for exec

And the four pound bags of frozen giant EZ peel shrimp are so so so good

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

The new Modern Warfare patch added a Costco map. No $1.50 hot dog though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Went to church yesterday and one of the samples was just chicken broth. What a bs sample. :catstare:

OTOH, another was this chicken flatbread thing that was straight up manna from heaven.