Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Does anyone have a link to the Duke Cannon posts? Not the Duke Cannon thread, which I think is still running, but to the posts from another thread where people first started riffing on Duke, and which eventually spawned the dedicated thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Somebody buy an avatar so Lowtax can afford to get a haircut

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Does anyone have a link to the Duke Cannon posts? Not the Duke Cannon thread, which I think is still running, but to the posts from another thread where people first started riffing on Duke, and which eventually spawned the dedicated thread.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3686051&perpage=40&pagenumber=446#post492585080

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I know these forums don't make the most money but surely it could pay for a gym membership

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Something tells me having a bad spine makes rigorous exercise difficult.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Scarodactyl posted:

Something tells me being a goon makes rigorous exercise difficult.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Imagine if a goon played WoW while his wife was giving birth to their first-oh

Oh no

This reminds me of an all-time saddest gaming story. Not funny, at all, but made an impression since to me "gaming addiction" always sounded sort of stupid, like people saying theyre addiccted to chocolate or whatever, but a Goon sharing this story made it more real as a thing.

Anyway; the context was some kind of PYF "stupid stuff you've done in games", or something like that, and people post stuff like "I played LEGO CITY and didn't realize you could jump until I had played 40 hours", but this one Goon chimes in with how he failed to visit his father who was dying of cancer for like months straight while he struggled with it, including missing being there for him on his deathbed, because he prioritized his MMO guild higher than anything else.

He had broken his addiction to the game by the time he shared that story, iirc, so good for him @ managing that, but God drat.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

Plot twist: a rival guild corp poisoned his father so he would be forced to step away from the game.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Platystemon posted:

Plot twist: a rival guild corp poisoned his father so he would be forced to step away from the game.

If you told me this happened in EVE I would 100% believe you

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

EVE is the game where a russian corp physically cut their rivals' power lines, isn't it?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

This is probably covered in that thread but Duke Cannon soaps are loving awful, to boot.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

DUKE CANNON BATHES WITH DIESEL AND TRANSMISSION FLUID.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I know these forums don't make the most money but surely it could pay for a gym membership
That would require Lowtax to actually commit to going to the gym regularly and given his previous behavior the only thing he's willing to commit to is disappointing us.

E: And mangosteen.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Feb 15, 2020

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
The leak from the Eve Goon guild discussing having operatives determine whether any of the developers were "usefully gay" for honeypotting

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Daikloktos posted:

The leak from the Eve Goon guild discussing having operatives determine whether any of the developers were "usefully gay" for honeypotting

:stare:

I remember mentioning to a friend that I was on Something Awful and he was suspicious, because his only interaction was with Goonswarm and he did not have good things to say about them.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Daikloktos posted:

They did, by the way, out a rival commander as being gay by posting his dating profile in a forum slapfight. Thankfully, the universal reaction was disgust at their action, and laughter, because he had been out for years.

The operative in question was a real life private investigator, and would use his professional tools to dig up personal information on people who joined the guild. Because they could steal pixels, you see.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I remember mentioning to a friend that I was on Something Awful and he was suspicious, because his only interaction was with Goonswarm and he did not have good things to say about them.

Always be suspicious of goons imo

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Xarbala posted:

That's what you'd like, isn't it?

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Xarbala posted:

Freudian posted:

That's what you'd like, isn't it?

What makes you say that?

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Lol, yes. Thank you very much. I think that was the most fun I’ve had on these forums in the past year. There are so many quotable bits in those threads.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
The totally not-mad LPers were back: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3914525

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I hope we get another "I'm not mad, you're mad!" video out of it.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

quote:

Welcome to Let's Play, "Butthurt Burt"!
:hmmyes:

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
"guess if I cant use a bunch of gay slurs ironically then humor is dead"

Thanks for the $10 that sorted itself out quickly.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Aw these fellas are so lame :shobon:

magikid
Nov 4, 2006
Wielder of the Soup Spoon
Guy wants to be a Youtube star so badly and is so confused about why it's not happening.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I never played Eve but I know a bunch of people from several other MMOs and they have all, universally, had bad experiences with goons in games lol

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Are the new labels for Quote, Reply, Report, and such a PYF-specific thing? I just checked and didn't see them in other forums. Any backstory to it?

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Miss posted:

Aw these fellas are so lame :shobon:

It's kinda adorable. They just want people to watch them play Bloodborne so badly!

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

quote:

I'll have to read the gay jokes rules I guess but if I have to I'll try to not use the epitome of humor that is gay jokes on this website. If you ask me though, not being able to make gay jokes even when they don't negatively Target or condescend gays, is, well pretty... loving lame. My expert here feels like I drank something delicious then someone took it away from me because I was enjoying it too much and now I just have a bad taste in my mouth. Hopefully the other mods are cooler than Burt and leave us alone upon our return. Bye for a month.

I honestly think they're a couple of 18 or 19 year olds who somehow stumbled onto this dead forum.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Are the new labels for Quote, Reply, Report, and such a PYF-specific thing? I just checked and didn't see them in other forums. Any backstory to it?

Yeah it fills the last five pages of the quotes thread.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

CaptainSarcastic posted:

As posted above but in a nutshell forums are getting specific stylesheets that mods can play with. Check out the banner at the top of cspam for another example.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

FuturePastNow posted:

I never played Eve but I know a bunch of people from several other MMOs and they have all, universally, had bad experiences with goons in games lol

I had fun playing with Higby’s Heroes in Planetside 2. Then again it was more a group of idiots getting drunk together in Discord then doing stupid things with planes and less tryhard.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I wheedled Jeffrey into helping me put through some stylesheet changes for PYF. I feel like despite its List Forum reputation this sub has a lot more personality than people give it credit for and I wanted it to have something little a special

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

the label for the report button is just perfection

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I wheedled Jeffrey into helping me put through some stylesheet changes for PYF. I feel like despite its List Forum reputation this sub has a lot more personality than people give it credit for and I wanted it to have something little a special

I like it, especially Plagiarize. It's nice to see the place getting spruced up and differentiated a little bit.

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I'm glad the forum subtitle got changed to something less dismissive

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Miss posted:

Credit for that suggestion goes to Duodecimal. And Platystemon made PLAGIARIZE happen after I lamented it didn't fit and they pointed out we could just make the box bigger

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Miss posted:

Honestly that could be the button for every forum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Daikloktos posted:

I'm glad the forum subtitle got changed to something less dismissive

Yeah, I made it that as a tongue-in-cheek thing years ago, eventually sort of forgot it was there by virtue of seeing it every day, and only recently realized it's a little meaner sounding now that the Coldly Compiled Lists joke isn't so common.